PDA

View Full Version : Our #1 problem

AustinChief
09-03-2000, 10:51 PM
We have an adequate QB. We have a PB TE, two very good rec. in Lockett and Morris. Our problem is Jimmy Raye. When will we learn to find out how to get someone open? Every catch today was met immediatly with a tackle. When we start running plays and moving people around to get someone open we will put points on the board. Bad passes and dropped passes aside...if we can not creat an open field...we can not open the offense. What happened to creating miss matches with TG?

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

F. Gump
09-03-2000, 10:55 PM
AGREE

jimmy raye is the most unproven person on the chiefs.....never been a winner as an O coordinator.......not here...not in tampa.....never

milkman
09-03-2000, 11:08 PM
Well, mercifully I was in the car driving through New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio for the game. Sounds like we lost the game more than the Colts won it (much like last year). From everything I've read this evening, I'm of the opinion that Raye is on someone else's payroll. First two series of the game run/run/run/punt? What an a$$hole! A chimp with a ouija board could run an offense better.

THIS BASTARD IS A CANCER AND WE WILL NEVER WIN WITH HIM RUNNING OUR OFFENSE! Everybody sees it! How much more damage does this idiot have to do before he is canned?

At this point I don't want him fired - I WANT HIM BURNED AT THE STAKE! I'll happily supply the stake, the wood and the matches.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-03-2000, 11:18 PM
Raye has indeed been a HUGE MISTAKE. But it's much worse to keep repeating the SAME mistake over and over again. Since Raye has been our OC, we have let two very capable potential OC candidates go to other teams: Al Saundars (Rams receivers coach) and Mike Rossley (Green Bay OC). BOTH would have been a major upgrade over Raye. Raye has FAILED as an OC EVERYWHERE (Tampa Bay, New England, L.A. RAms). He has and will continue to run our Offense into the ground. At some point he has to be held accountable. I'm not even upset like I was last year. His total incompetance will do him in as it eventually does to all LOSERS. I'm more disturbed about Gun's thinking in this area. I like Gun, but I'm CONVINCED that he's full of hot air. His heart is in the right place but his head sure isn't. He probably kept Raye just to prove to himself that Raye was good. Gun's loyal to a fault and it has hurt the Chiefs. For the record I did NOT buy into the HYPE this year!

Iron Chef
09-04-2000, 12:14 AM
Jimmy Raye and Stock are cancers for our team. Jimmy Raye before arriving with the chiefs as running backs coach (couldn't get an OC gig) had three different teams that averaged a whopping 11 points a game during his tenure. To be a great running team there must be some threat of pass on first and second down. There must be a threat that a receiver may actually run a pattern over the middle more than 10 yards down field. The only time we do this is in our max protection package, with play action, and one receiver on a deep post pattern.

Stock is clueless. It makes me sick every time we have a special teams melt down to see him ranting on the sideline. Instead of screaming and making ugly faces, THINK, and figure out a way to solve the problem. Stock and Raye have had time to improve our team, it has not happended, SO NOW IT IS TIME, TIME FOR THEM TO GO!

[This message has been edited by Red Till Dead (edited 09-04-2000).]

tooln
09-04-2000, 08:13 AM
Who is determined to prove his team can run the ball and that there is nothing the other team can do to stop it?

Who hired Raye?

Who hired Stock?

Who kept Raye and Stock after seeing their hijinks all last season?

Gun is pigheaded. He learns very slowly from his mistakes. My patience with him is wearing thin seeing us repeating the same mistakes that hurt us last season. Different mistakes I can understand, but seeing the same stupid stuff all over again...