PDA

View Full Version : MORE COREY DILLON NEWS

chief_red_pants
10-05-2000, 04:40 PM
BENGALS' DILLON CAN'T ESCAPE THE 'NATI
New Regime Hopes To Make Dillon The Centerpiece WWW.NFLSCOOP.COM (http://WWW.NFLSCOOP.COM)
Posted on 10/05/2000

Cincinnati Bengals RB Corey Dillon is a man of mixed emotions today. Less than a week before the trade deadline, it appears as if Dillon will stick out NFLY2K in the 'Nati because his one-year, $3 million dollar deal might prohibit a trade from Occurring. "We're looking for everyone to help us get back up and running," Bengals President Mike Brown told the official team web site. "And we need everyone to contribute. Corey is coming off his best game and if we want our quarterback (Akili Smith) to get to where we think he can be, we'll need a strong running game."

While it appears that Dillon will remain with the team amidst the re-building process the interim head coach Dick LeBeau and offensive coordinator Kenny Anderson are trying to construct, his heart is not there.

Another pratfall to Dillon jolting the Queen City is that the Kansas City Chiefs, long rumored to be Dillon-hungry, have decided to pass on Dillon for the remainder of this season.

In a Week Five contest against the Miami Dolphins, Dillon allegedly told Miami Dolphins LB Robert Jones in the middle of the game that he wants to play for the Dolphins.

"Maybe they want me. I don't remember saying nothing about that. I don't even want to get nothing started. That wasn't said by me. I like what I'm doing. I'm here working, trying to get this thing turned around. . . . You think I would say something like that? I wouldn't say nothing like that," Dillon said.

The Dolphins are unlikely to make a move at this point because they are enamored with RB Lamar Smith.

Snapper
10-05-2000, 11:55 PM
I really think that now the best thing to do is pass on Dillon. However, I do feel that he would be an upgrade over anything we have. Let's just see where this season takes us and make obtaining a LEGIT RB a PRIORITY next off season.