PDA

View Full Version : Something went wrong in FFL draft!

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 05:54 AM
Well, something went wrong with our pre-ranking our keepers. I got three of mine, but didn't get Marshall Faulk. However, I did get Isaac Bruce and I'm sure someone had to protect him.

I have changed the league settings so players do not go on waivers. This will allow us to pick up our keepers as soon as they are released by the team that drafted them. I think we should post a message to the team who has one of our players on the Yahoo board, so they know they need to release them. After all the transactions have taken place I will set the waiver period back to 2 days. We need to get this done *** soon as possible guys, so our rosters will be set by Sundays games!

Phobia
08-31-2000, 05:59 AM
Bob: I have all of my keepers...

Drew Bledsoe, Marcus Robinson, Stephen Davis and Champ Bailey.

Im set.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 06:04 AM
I got all mine. Can't say much for the rest of my team but I got my keepers. I'm pretty happy about getting Cade McNown, though.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 06:10 AM
last place here I come...my bench absolutely sucks! I couldnt rank down, so I wound up with DA and Donnell Bennett--real fantasy goldmines there http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

This is going to be a long year.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 06:10 AM
My brother just confirmed to me that he has all his keepers.

It could be worse, I guess, he wound up with Robert Edwards.

milkman
08-31-2000, 06:15 AM
Did Dartgod Cheat? Hmmmmm very interesting. I got all mine.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 06:19 AM
Nope not cheating http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Jeff, did someone have Issac Bruce protected?

milkman
08-31-2000, 06:59 AM
Dartgod - Nope, nobody had him.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 07:30 AM
I got all mine.I had to let Isaac Bruce or Marvin Harrison go,so I kept Harrison.Not sure how I feel about having 7 WR's on my roster.
I need to pick up a kicker,as I chose Todd Peterson as a keeper (after Jeff informed me I couldn't keep both Bruce and Harrison)so please get the waivers turned back on soon!BTW, who took Faulk out from under you Dartgod.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 07:48 AM
The Colorado Headhunters got him. I will turn waivers back on as soon as I get him back. It really doesn't affect anyone negatively though. Any released players now go directly to free agency instead of a 2 day waiver period.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 08:03 AM
It's cool,I just dropped Peterson and picked up Carney.
Shame on you Headhunters! :}

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:08 AM
Noticable Screwups:

Kansas City Psycho's- (4th)Taylor, Fred (RB-Jac)

Colorado headhunters - (2nd)Faulk, Marshall (RB-StL), (3rd)Smith, Emmitt (RB-Dal), (4th)Levens, Dorsey (RB-GB)

K.C. Bullseyes - (4th)Bruce, Isaac (WR-StL)

I think this tells us who didn't set theres up correctly, which is why Dartgod's was off, somebody took his player.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 08-31-2000).]

Phobia
08-31-2000, 08:14 AM
Obviously, this would have been better suited to be a live draft.

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hell of a time wading through the players? Yahoo give stats, but doesnt give FF point production history from last year.

I found it damn near impossible to rank players. Based on yahoo's 'rank' there were guys I never heard of ranked higher than some of the 'big' names.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 08:17 AM
yeah,It was tough.I used Sandbox to get last years FF points,especialy on Defense.

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:19 AM
Actually I looked closer the only problems can be traced directly to Colorado Headhunters, He took Psycho's QB as well, which is why his 4th round pick did not belong to him.

Sad that everyone else did it, and now the draft is pretty much screwed because of it.

Titus - Next year it will be live.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 08:20 AM
Now in 3 leagues in 3 different sites and Sandbox is BY FAR the better layout.

That's a good idea, ansonsdad, I think I will do that to evaluate and make decisions on players.

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:28 AM
Titus - I'm thinking for next year we do the draft, maybe on the BB, and then have Dartgod or myself plug in the players. That way people can't screw it up.

Morphius
Almost kind of ticked.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 08:33 AM
My brother was not too happy either. How in the hell do you wind up with Robert Edwards. I was shocked that he was even listed - he was ranked #204 in the player rankings. How that is possible considering he hasnt played in 2 years is ridiculous.

There was no way to 'rank down' players like Flutie, Scott, or others that are out for the season.

I dont care how we do the draft, but automatic drafts really suck. I would never, ever, ever, ever pick Donnell Bennett, yet I have him. In the CBS league, I wound up with Darnay Scott after ranking him as low as possible.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 08:36 AM
So I'm guessing that 1-the Headhunters didn't pre rank players at all and
2- Colo.Headhunters is a Bronco fan!

milkman
08-31-2000, 09:16 AM
ansonsdad - Yes, he is the one who screwed up the draft, everyone else did theirs perfect. I think he is the guy who used to be kccrazy, but I could be wrong.

Titus - They had Ted White rated higher then some of the people I picked, like Galloway. Big crack smoking pot heads came up with this order.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 09:37 AM
It's a shame that one moron can ruin it for everyone else. Why don't we start another league without the moron and draft again?

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 09:45 AM
Is that our most viable option?

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 09:52 AM
I think to be completely fair to everyone - yes, that's the option. I'm psuedo-happy with my team and think I'll compete but there's no telling how much better (or worse) I would have been if MORON ranked his players like he was supposed to. There will be no joy for me in spanking everyone's hide if some people felt like they were not given ample opportunity to succeed due to MORON's failure to properly rank his players. I think he put a damper on the whole league because of it and I'm not sure there is any reason to play it.

I move for a vote. If everyone wants to play it, I'm all for playing (assuming everyone gets their keepers back). MORON has to drop the keepers he took, though.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 09:55 AM
We dont have enough time to re-do the league and re-draft, I dont think.

The last live draft I was in took a week and a half.

I think we'll just have to ride this one out and chalk it up as a learning experience.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 09:56 AM
As the commissioner, I have the ability to edit anyones roster. I have already dropped Marshall Faulk from his team and claimed him on my own roster. Who else didn't get their keepers? I can make the nacessary changes and the teams can claim their keepers. He will be forced to fill in his roster with whatever scrubs are leftover. The price he pays for screwing this up.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 10:04 AM
I didn't get Peyton Manning, Stephen Davis, or Chris Carter like I should have.

Phobia
08-31-2000, 10:07 AM
Very funny, Kloster...

You're not playing with the morons you played with last year. I cant believe that the guys you played against last year allowed you to have such a roster.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 10:32 AM
I was just smarter than them, Titus! I picked up Davis after the draft & Warner after week 1. I'll get a couple of sleepers/injury replacements this year, too. I already have Jeff George and I guarantee he'll have 4+ starts this year....

Eddie George could be the #1 fantasy player this year, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 08-31-2000).]

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 10:35 AM
So..Who were Co.Headhunters keepers supposed to be..cause those players are on other rosters now undoubtedly.Seems the only fair solution is what dartgod said,make him drop the keepers he shouln't have, and live with whatever scrubs are left.Kind of seems that he's not participating anyways.

chiefsfan58
08-31-2000, 10:37 AM
KCphobia ....... your smoking crack I had chris carter on my team last year and I protected him this year.

You have to be joking. Please confirm this.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 10:38 AM
Hope you are right about Eddie George KPhobia

milkman
08-31-2000, 10:42 AM
Dartgod - I think he should lose his keepers as well. If they are on other teams then it is his own fault. I said that it would take some work by everybody.

Here were my instructions that I sent out to everyone:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>. I think Dartgod should set the league up so that he has control of everyones team, that way if someone tries to cheat the system the player he drafted can be taken away and that person will also lose the keepers that were drafted after that player.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we jsut have to figure out who gets the players the other first 4 picks of his.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 10:47 AM
That's the problem.I did not rank other players keepers because I assumed they would be taken.I'm happy with my roster though.Who ended up with Headhunter's keepers and who are they(the misplaced keepers)?Should they go through waivers?

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 11:02 AM
I have no problem with his keepers. They should just stay on the teams that were lucky enough to get them....

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm kidding Red.

milkman
08-31-2000, 11:03 AM
6 Rocky Mueller (Colorado headhunters):
QB: Brett Farve GB
RB: Curtis Martin NYJ
WR: Jimmy Smith JAC
LB: Chad Brown SET

chiefsfan58
08-31-2000, 11:17 AM
Well you got me KCphobia.....LOL :-)

I can't believe someone picked up my players either......I mean I had Edgerrin James, Kurt Warner, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison last year. That draft format really screwed me.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 11:19 AM
Who has Bullseyes. Check your trades, I proposed a nice one. You have zero viable TE options so I offered you a top 10 one....

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 12:08 PM
I rejected that trade. A top 10 TE doesn't make up for Isaac Bruce's TDs.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 12:11 PM
Why am I still a lurker?

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 12:20 PM
I have released Kurt Warner from the Headhunters roster. He was protected by the Psychos and can only be claimed by them!!

milkman
08-31-2000, 12:23 PM
Dartgod - I think they are playing with some of the status's, at least they were talking about.

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 12:24 PM
8 posts to go, Dartgod. In fairness, I didn't offer you a top10 TD for Bruce. I offered Riemersma, Jimmy Smith, & Alstott for essentially Bruce & Biakabatuka. It's cool though.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 12:25 PM
What are you talking about?

Gracie Dean
08-31-2000, 02:10 PM
what is WHO talking about?

Chieffan
08-31-2000, 02:16 PM
No. Who is on first. What is on second.

B^2

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 07:59 PM
Bob - He meant you have 8 posts to go to lose your lurker status.

BTW - I got all my keepers, and some more than decent backups......

QB's Beurleine and Favre (Wouldn't kenster love that one)
WR's Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, Kevin Johnson, Torry Holt, and Wayne Chrebet
TE's Bubba Franks
RB's Jerome Bettis, Ricky Williams, Curtis Martin, ERic Rhett
Kickers Grammatica, Husted
Defense, Kearse, Deion Sanders, Dingle

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:07 PM
Russ - I'm still disappointed that one person goofed up, it was not like it was that hard.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 08:17 PM
Not to lose an opportunity, and I will fix it if appropriate, but Warner was on the FA market and I picked him up for Favre. If someone had him, I will correct, but I will need verification from another player before I do.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 08:18 PM
Morph - Being new, I don't understand all the ramifications.

#1. What is the issue?

#2. Is there anything we can do to rectify it?

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:45 PM
Russ - You shouldn't have to do anything, you did nothing wrong. The ramifications are the some people higher on the food chain got to draft better players earlier. We should be OK, but the guy who screwed up could be in trouble.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 08:52 PM
Morph - As cold hearted as it is, he should have read the directions closely. If he was the only one to suffer, c'est la guerre.

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

milkman
08-31-2000, 08:55 PM
Russ - I do agree, if we follow the rules I set up he should technically lose his first 4 draft picks and play with anything he picks up. He also lost all of his keepers, so he will have to hope to get darn lucky to find anyone for keepers next season. Heck I might not even finish in last this year.

F. Gump
08-31-2000, 08:56 PM
Russ, Warner actually belongs to the Psychos. He had him as a keeper but since SOMEBODY didn't pre-reank their keepers Tim didn't get him. As commissioner I have the ability to edit anybody's roster (don't worry, I won't abuse my power http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif), so I dropped Warner from the Headhunters so the Psychos could claim him. See post # 40 in this thread.

milkman
08-31-2000, 09:01 PM
Russ - Dartgod is right.

Dartgod - You want to take Warner off of his roster and put Farve back on there.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 09:05 PM
Already done.....

Sorry about the mistake, but seeing him there, I didn't want to pass on the opportunity. Thus my explanation on an earlier post.

milkman
08-31-2000, 09:07 PM
Wolf - Yeah, I didn't read your post right, otherwise I would have told you when you asked.

chiefsfan58
08-31-2000, 11:16 PM
1st-- Yahoo is way better than sandbox. Their draft format sucks. Second yahoo's live online draft is free and it is exactly the same as Espn's who you have to pay 30 dollars for. Sorry I've been in 9 to 10 different leagues the last 7 years and yahoo is the best out there for free.

2nd-- Laughing at wolfman.....I would of picked him up this afternoon if that would of been the case.

chiefsfan58
09-01-2000, 10:45 PM
Colorado headhunters wants to pick up his guys what are we doing about this.

Are we penalizing him for messing up the draft?

Are we giving him back his keepers?

Just wondering?

chiefsfan58
09-02-2000, 10:05 AM
Hellooooo would someone answer my question?

Gracie Dean
09-02-2000, 12:12 PM
I think #31 answers your question. He screwed up the whole draft & he screwed himself....

AustinChief
09-02-2000, 12:15 PM
This is tough. First of all Headhunter is going to have a hard time and probably won't enjoy the beginning of the season. However, it is just as difficult for one who followed the rules to give up a high pick and settle for a 420th ranked player instead.

I don't see any justice in handing out players only to settle for someone who is 200 spots down the list from who I would have picked anyway.

OF course, as I have stated all along, I am new and I will go with the general consensus of the group.

F. Gump
09-02-2000, 08:20 PM
He should of followed the rules...period!