PDA

View Full Version : Start Sylvester Morris!

ColoradoChief
09-03-2000, 04:29 PM
Why wait until the end of the week to post this? Morris looked like our best WR out there.

redshirt32
09-03-2000, 04:34 PM
Absolutely! He should be starting every game. He is gonna be great! And he is only going to get better!

Gaz
09-03-2000, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't be sorry to see a lot more of Lockett either. He catches everything thrown his way, has been doing that as long as he has been here, and deserves all the PT he gets. He did a great job to get 2-3 yards of separation on 4th and 10 at the end of the game when Grbac overthrew him again.

On a side note:

Give Bennett's carries to Cloud or T-Rich.

Dennis has earned the nickle back spot - keep Carlton Gray at the bottom of the depth chart when he comes back.

[This message has been edited by Cormac (edited 09-03-2000).]

ColoradoChief
09-03-2000, 04:45 PM
I definitely agree on Bennett's carries. What the hell were we giving any to him for anyway? Moreau looked pretty good. It was the first time I saw him.

As for Morris, it finally looks like we've found a piece to the Big 3, skill position puzzle. RB is still TBD, with Richardson looking good, but not assuring us of anything. Grbac can never be the Manning-calibre QB, and he won't win any games for us, but he's average anyway. Still, unless he suddenly experiences tremendous improvement or takes a massive pay cut, he shouldn't be around next year.

Buzzbait
09-03-2000, 04:46 PM
Morris did look very good....Joe

------------------
"life is good"

KCfanAHaz
09-03-2000, 04:57 PM
Morris is the REAL DEAL!!
I said that Morris could be as important to the team as Gonzo this year on the old BB.

Looks like it could be true right now!

Also Wesley Laid the Wood on E James & Harrison! Wesley is a HITTER! Moraeu Looked good with his 1 carry too.

KCfanAHaz
09-03-2000, 04:59 PM
Morris is the REAL DEAL!!
I said that Morris could be as important to the team as Gonzo this year on the old BB.

Looks like it could be true right now!

Also Wesley Laid the Wood on E James & Harrison! Wesley is a HITTER! Moraeu Looked good with his 1 carry too.

Milissa
09-03-2000, 05:08 PM
Morris #1 and Lockett#2
I`m sick of seeing Alexander drop passes!

ColoradoChief
09-03-2000, 05:21 PM
I like Wesley A LOT, also. The first play for Indianapolis was an incomplete pass where Wesley hit the WR. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of his. he had some trouble in coverage, but how many 3rd round rookies in thier first game don't? I read somewhere he was our first rookie to start in the season opener since Percy Snow.

Mile High Mania
09-03-2000, 05:42 PM
I'd like to see him out there more too. However, I think Lockett, Alexander, and Morris can play. Alexander did catch 5 passes for 50 yards and made a great TD grab. His drops (especially the TD) were inexcusable but he can still make plays.

AZ

WarPaint
09-03-2000, 06:39 PM
I definately think it is time to sit DA down. His drops have hurt the Chiefs on more than one occassion, and is probably the result of his poor work habits.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

SoCal Chief
09-03-2000, 06:47 PM
Alexander does drive us crazy with his drops, but at least he is getting open. Lockett was getting pounded by 5-8 corners. DA runs well after the catch as well. Needs to get the wrinkles out of his game.

DaWolf
09-03-2000, 08:47 PM
So glad to see that there are some positive posts on this BB
There was a lot of improvement today compared to the last two preseason games. Think positive and hope the team starts to gel. Watched Manning start to get frustrated just like he use to at the Swamp(0-2) and then came halftime. Morris did very well for his first NFL start. The more he and Elvis play together the better they are going to get. Seems that Elvis trys to make something happen when we get behind and
this is when he throws the int. He did it last year at
Tampa and believe KC should have won that game but Elvis didn't lose the game. Same as
today. Saw Favre do the same thing today trying to win. Be thankful we didn't look as bad as Seattle. GO CHIEFS