PDA

View Full Version : RRBC Means There's a PROBLEM in the Backfield!

Stuckinbama
09-04-2000, 04:11 PM
IMHO, when you have a RBBC you have a RB PROBLEM. When you KEEP drafting average RB's that do not fit your "system" and have to resort to converting your FB's to HB's the PROBLEM is that much WORSE. When you are in DENIAL that there is a problem - you lose your way offensively and you assemble an offense that looks like the Chiefs'. Finally when you FINALLY draft a RB like Frank Moreau that has ALL the features that you say you like in a RB and you DON'T start him at HB along with your BEST FB (Richardson) then you are simply an IDIOT! Your coaching ability has to be questioned at this point! That's how I see it - granted it's only my opinion but it makes sense to me. When will the Chiefs disban the committee?

Mile High Mania
09-04-2000, 04:14 PM
Or you have a problem in the coaches box!

Raye must go.

AZ

redbrian
09-04-2000, 04:15 PM
Richardson carried the ball 13 times and average 4.5 yards per carry.

The only problem we have is that coach is a ****ing mongoloid!

Richardson can run the rock and is the best RB we have... GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL and stop giving his carries to Bennett and Cloud for God's sake!!!

redshirt32
09-04-2000, 05:30 PM
Bennett, Cloud and Alexander must go, IMHO...
Use the roster spots to find some good cornerbacks!

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 05:36 PM
Cannibal.... Richardson had a couple of runs that pumped up that 4.5 a carry.

He was stuffed at the line 7 out of 10 times.

redbrian
09-04-2000, 06:16 PM
Russ,

There is a reason that TRich was stuffed at the line of scrimmage on some of those plays.

That reason is that everybody and his damn uncle knew that KC was going to run the ball over and over again at the beginning. They stacked up the LOS and dared Grbac to beat them. The problem is that Grbac cannot and has not ever [to my knowledge] called an audible while being the starting QB for the Chiefs. Even college QBís can call an audible. Please tell me the last time you saw Grbac call an audible. Anyway, it is the job of the QB to change the play to exploit matchups when it is obvious that the Defense is playing a certain way. When you see the safeties cheating up towards the line, you need to call a passing play to exploit it. Grbac obviously does not understand this, so we were forced to watch the backs pound into a wall of defenders.

TRich still had some nice runs and his TD catch was nice as well. He gained 58 yards on 13 carries and had 24 receiving yards. He broke a lot of tackles when in the open field on a couple of those runs. It is obvious that he IS our best back and should get the bulk of the carries. If they keep giving him the ball he will break off some long runs. All backs get stuffed sometimes. Eddie George only gained 27 yards yesterday, do you think they start using RBBC in Tennessee?

I didnít think so.<BR>

redbrian
09-04-2000, 06:19 PM
Cloud is worthless and Bennett should be in there to block and block only.

Moreau should be used to spell TRich when he's tired which is about 20-25% of the carries.

The only backs that should even touch the ball are TRich and Moreau.

WarPaint
09-04-2000, 06:20 PM
If the Chiefs braintrust had any brain cells, they would have figured out long ago that the SitCom is a recipe for mediocraty.
I still believe that T-Rich/Cloud used properly would be an exciting combo, but would be just as happy with Moreau/T-Rich as long as that combo, any combo ended the SitCom, with the exception of T-Rich/Bennett. Bennett should not be given the carries, or pass plays he's getting. His talent is limited.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

Stuckinbama
09-04-2000, 07:04 PM
Canibal,
We can say mongloid over here, right?? *grin*
Anyway, If I can't get my way with TR at FB and FM at HB, then your suggestion of Moreau backing up TR at HB is a good one. I will say this, on the Goal Line, I want TR as my FB blocking for Moreau.

Anders should put the weight back on and be the back up Full Back.

stevieray
09-05-2000, 08:36 AM
Agreed that T Rich is one of the best fullbacks in the game. Don't agree he is the best TB on the team. TR was great running up the middle, can hit the hole and break tackles. He looked below average trying to run sweeps. Had to come to an almost complete stop before taking it up field. Gives defenses time in pursuit.

Moreau is good running up the middle, can hit the hole and break for day light. Although he is not as powerful as TR. Moreau is very good at running the sweep. Natural move that actually picks up speed when turning the corner. We have an inside/outside threat with Moreau that we don't have with TR. TR and Moreau as starting backfield gives us the "beef" Gunther wants with two options up the middle and a threat of running wide with Moreau that keeps defenses from stacking up the middle. Moreau can also catch the ball.

Clould should only come on the field on 3rd and long.

Believe the chiefs are afraid to use this combination this early, because if it fails, we have no diamond in the rough to tout for next year!

[This message has been edited by Red Till Dead (edited 09-05-2000).]