PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard any Barry Sanders stories?

Woodrow
09-08-2000, 09:21 PM
I heard a rumor, and I use the word loosely, that Barry had committed to play for the Chiefs next year.

Is the rumor monger just pulling our chain?

Would Barry even fit into the KC image?

------------------
Remember Joe Delaney?
Some of us do and are acting on our belief that he was a hero.
This is a bandwagon that all are invited to jump on!!!

37 Forever

j molina
09-08-2000, 10:04 PM
I highly doubt this rumour, mostly because of the light years that separate our Chiefs from a Super Bowl currently (I suspect that if Barry were to return it would be to a contender for the Super Bowl) and the cap situation next year. However, if he were to come to Kansas City I say image schmimage. If you have one of the greatest running backs ever, willing to play on your team, screw your image. We currently have the O-line and fullback that Barry never had in Detroit. He could run for 3000 yards! Ok, thats getting carried away, but I would certainly welcome him with open arms.

ColoradoChief
09-08-2000, 10:12 PM
Barry's never played FB so he couldn't play HB in KC. He'd probably bust one for 50 then get substituted for bennett.

j molina
09-08-2000, 10:17 PM
LOL G-man!

I bleed red and yellow
09-09-2000, 03:03 AM
Correction G_Man....

He'd be named as the 'starter', only to be yanked at the last second in favor of a fullback. Quit living in the past man, this is the all new 2000 Chiefs! LOL.

broncosrule
09-09-2000, 09:19 AM
Last quote I heard from Barry was he was through and isn't thinking of coming back to play for any team.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-09-2000, 09:45 AM
SI's Peter King also reported something to the effect of "quit hoping Barry Sanders returns to football--it ain't gonna happen" this past week.

Bob Dole thinks Sanders would be another stop-gap solution, at best.