PDA

View Full Version : The latest conspiracy theory to hit the 'ol BB

JOhn
08-21-2000, 08:57 AM
I got a great chuckle reading one thread on the old BB, that I thought you all might be interested in.

It's about the 3rd down spike of the football and Elvis' explanation of what happened.

90% of the posts are about how Elvis didnt just own up to the mistake and rather was just BS'ing and everybody's upset.

There are many theories raging as to exactly WHY he did what he did. I guess a 'screw up' is not acceptable for the bashers.

Bob Dole
08-21-2000, 09:39 AM
Titus,
Any kind of a screw up is not acceptable for most of the bashers. Elvis could throw for 2000 yards in a game and if he made one bad throw or one bad decision they would be all over him.

Dev
~some people just work at being miserable...

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-21-2000, 09:46 AM
makes you wonder about the root of QB controversy in KC.Anything short of landing a free agent Joe Montana is not acceptable

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 09:54 AM
Devin:

I know what you mean. I spent all weekend at the in-laws, and my mother-in-law (she really is a sweetheart) is the kind of person that thinks life sucks because you die at the end. Not only is she a "glass is half empty" type, she's a "well, glass is half empty so I might as well dump the water and make it completely empty" type. I watched the game and saw some things very positive and was all charged up to come back and talk about it.

Then I logged on and saw that the sky is falling. I think I'm gonna become a Cinci fan, at least they'll have more wins than the lowly Chiefs!

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 11:05 AM
It was a stupid mistake, but it was a preseason mistake.

Grbac is on record stating that he wanted 7 points, not three, so he spiked expecting to "go for it" on the 4th down. He also stated that had it been regular season he wouldn't have done so.

I disagree with his thought process, but I understand why he did it.

Duck Dog
08-21-2000, 11:19 AM
Russ:

But isn't that where we want Elvis to make those mistakes? I would rather he do that in preseason and get a handle on it that to face it for the 1st time in the season during a game with the Broncs.

mmaddog

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 11:25 AM
Mark,

I agree, test the waters now. As I stated, I understand; however, it was still a mistake. I hope he has learned something from it or it is a wasted one.