PDA

View Full Version : Mission 14: Don't hit the ground! Terra! Terra! Terra!

Rain Man
05-16-2004, 07:20 PM
The Mission 14 briefing is underway. Report to your planes, ladies and gentlemen.

Rain Man
05-16-2004, 07:24 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21518

B-17 #3 – Dreamsicle II – Dream Warriors

Pilot Logical (13)
Copilot memyselfi (13)
Bombardier The Bad Guy (13)
Navigator BigChiefDave (13)
Engineer Ecto-I (13)
Radio Op. cntrygal (13)
Tail Gunner JennyGump (12)
Ball Turret Gunner EBOLA (6)
Right Waist Gunner Warrior5 (1)
Left Waist Gunner Boozer

Target: Brest’s U-boat pens (guarded by extra flak)
Mid-formation horizontally, high vertically (moderate vulnerability)
Distance: 6 zones

Zone 1 Out: Britain

No enemy

Zone 2 Out: English Channel

1 Fw190 is driven off by other B-17s

Zone 3 Out: Western Channel

No enemy

Zone 4 Out: Western Channel

No enemy

Zone 5 Out: Western Channel – out of fighter range

2 Me110s attack

BigChiefDave fires, misses
JennyGump fires, kills Me110
The Bad Guy fires, misses
Warrior5 fires, misses

Me misses, breaks off attack

Zone 6 Out: France (Entering Target Zone)

4 Me109s attack

JennyGump fires, misses
Boozer fires, misses
Ebola fires, misses
The Bad Guy fires, misses

3 Mes miss, break off attack

Me scores 3 hits
-pilot compartment – control cables are slightly damaged
-superficial damage to pilot compartment
-superficial damage to radio room

Me circles, attacks again

JennyGump fires, misses
Ecto-I fires, kills Me109

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Heavy Flak – 3 hits
-tail – tailwheel is damaged
-superficial damage to starboard wing
-superficial damage to port wing

The Bad Guy is able to partially adjust for the flak hits – 20% score

Zone 6 Back: France (Leaving Target Zone)

3 Me109s attack

The Bad Guy fires, hits Me109
Ebola fires, misses
JennyGump fires, misses
Ecto-I fires, damages Me109

Zone 5 Back: Western Channel

No enemy

Zone 4 Back: Western Channel

No enemy

Zone 3 Back: Western Channel

1 Fw190 is driven off by fighters

Zone 2: English Channel

No enemy

Zone 1: England

Good weather
Logical brings Dreamsicle in, unaware that the tail wheel is inoperative until ebola calls up from the ball turret that it’s not down. Ebola evacuates the ball turret, and the crew prepares for a tail dragging landing. Sure enough, they aren’t disappointed as Dreamsicle comes in, trailing sparks as logical struggles to keep the plane from swerving. As Dreamsicle slows, logical politely steers off the tarmac to clear the runway for other B-17s. Dreamsicle is easily repairable, and will be ready to roll when called upon again.

Aftereffects

None

Eligible for next mission

Pilot Logical (13)
Copilot memyselfi (13)
Bombardier The Bad Guy (13)
Navigator BigChiefDave (13)
Engineer Ecto-I (13)
Radio Op. cntrygal (13)
Tail Gunner JennyGump (12)
Ball Turret Gunner EBOLA (6)
Right Waist Gunner Warrior5 (1)
Left Waist Gunner Boozer

Another day, another dollar for the Dreamsicle.

Rain Man
05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21519

B-17 #4 – Red, White, and Blew by You

Pilot Lattimer (13)
Copilot go bo (13)
Bombardier KCJohnny (13)
Navigator Redcoats58 (13)
Engineer voyager (13)
Radio Op. munkey (13)
Tail Gunner TheFly (13)
Ball Turret Gunner cdcox (13)
Right Waist Gunner tk13 (1)
Left Waist Gunner Nightfyre (1)

Target: St. Nazaire’s u-boats
Mid-formation horizontally, low vertically (high vulnerability)

No enemy

No enemy

2 Me110s are driven off by fighters

Zone 4 Out: France

3 Fw190s attack – 1 is driven off by fighters

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses
Voyager fires, hits Fw190

2 Fws miss, break off attack

Fw scores 2 hits
-superficial damage to #3 wing
-radio room – munkey suffers a serious wound to the stomach

Fw circles, attacks again

Redcoats58 fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses

Fw misses, breaks off attack

1 Fw190 attacks

Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses

Zone 5 Out: France – out of fighter range

2 Fw190s, 1 Me109, 1 Me110 attack

Cdcox fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Thefly fires, damages Me110
Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Voyager fires, damages Me109

2 Fws, 2 Mes miss, break off attack

1 Me109 attacks

Thefly fires, damages Me109
Redcoats58 fires, kills the same Me109 in a huge ball of fire
Kcjohnny fires, misses

5 Fw190s attack

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Tk13 fires, misses

Red, White, and Blew by You enters a rare vortex of bad luck, as all five attacking planes score hits!

Fw scores 1 hit
-superficial damage to nose

Fw scores 1 hit
-superficial damage to bomb bay

Fw scores 6 hits
-waist – port waist gun is knocked out
-superificial damage to port wing
-superficial damage to #2 engine
-#1 engine is hit in the oil tank, and bursts into flames. Go bo hits the engine’s fire extinguisher, and it appears that the fire is going to be under control. However, the engine seizes.
-starboard wing flap is destroyed

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 3 hits
-superficial damage to tail
-waist – the ball turret takes a hit, and cdcox sustains a light wound to the left upper back
-#3 engine is hit, and explodes!

In the blink of an eye, Red, White, and Blew By You is doomed. The plane goes into a flat spin, plummeting downward with two engines out and fires in both wings. Lattimer and go bo yell to bail out, but there’s too much noise to hear, and the bailout alarm isn’t working.

Engineer voyager (13) and Tail Gunner TheFly (13) are the first to bail out. They float down directly into the middle of a small village, and Germans are waiting. They have no choice but to surrender immediately.

Bombardier KCJohnny (13), Left Waist Gunner Nightfyre (1), and Radio Op. munkey (13) hook up on the ground after they hit the ground. The trio works together and stealthily heads north, hiding during the day and traveling at night. For 8 days they make good time, but it gets more difficult as they reach the north coast. At the coast, they confer and, lacking any Underground contacts, decide that their only choice is to steal a boat. They hatch a plan, but on the way to their dock of choice, have the bad luck of encountering a German patrol head on. No chance. They surrender, and their story of being downed fliers is not believed. Stood up against a wall, they are informally executed without a trial.

Right Waist Gunner tk13 (1) bails out, and lands alone. Not sure of his location, he picks a direction and walks straight into a squad of Germans who are looking for him.

Pilot Lattimer (13) jumps out into the clear blue sky, and lands softly, with the barking of German Shepherds not far away. He’s off like a shot, and makes it almost ten miles before the dogs and their handlers catch up to him, exhausted and out of luck.

Navigator Redcoats58 (13) was trapped in the nose until he had the good fortune to be thrown through the plexiglass. Stunned and seriously injured, he instinctively managed to open his parachute, but is found unconscious 11 hours later by a German patrol. Off to the stalag.

Copilot go bo (13) at first attempted to go back and let the crew know to bail out, but found himself pinned against a bulkhead by the centrifugal force of the spin. Stuck inside the plane, he inched himself out inch by inch, the g forces rising. At the waist, the open hatch beckons, and he eventually makes it there and is sucked out. Pulling his cord, he floats downward, coming to a quiet landing on a roadway. Immediately, a German soldier appears, and out of instinct, go bo pulls out his survival pistol and fires. The German drops, a fatal shot to the neck spurting blood. Go bo looks around. Nobody else is around. Dragging the dead man into a copse of trees, go bo emerges ten minutes later wearing a German uniform. From that point on, he’s a German soldier, using his scrip to buy a train ticket to Monaco, and then making his way to the Swiss border. A week later, he shows up back in camp sporting a new wristwatch and some mighty fine chocolate for the bar ladies.

Ball Turret Gunner cdcox (13) is the last to bail out, having to put on his parachute during the spin. He dives out the door, noticing go bo inching along when it’s too late to help, and floats downward. A German halftrack awaits to take him to his new home for the next two years.

Aftereffects

Red, White, and Blew By You becomes a statistic, and will fly no more.

Pilot go bo (13), promoted
Copilot XXX
Bombardier XXX
Navigator XXX
Engineer XXX
Radio Op. XXX
Tail Gunner XXX
Ball Turret Gunner XXX
Right Waist Gunner XXX
Left Waist Gunner XXX

Just like that, the second-most experienced crew in the squadron is gone. RIP, RWaBbY.

PastorMikH
05-16-2004, 09:39 PM
I find it amazing that Go Bo happened accrossed a german soldier with a uniform his size.;)

Dave Lane
05-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Dang we are losing planes fast!

Dave

Cntrygal
05-17-2004, 05:01 AM
WHEW......... it's scary going first. :eek:

And damn.... Bombardier KCJohnny, Left Waist Gunner Nightfyre, and Radio Op. munkey.........they are informally executed without a trial.

go bowe
05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
I find it amazing that Go Bo happened accrossed a german soldier with a uniform his size.;)harumph!! ugh!

you makem bo spit out coffee!!

ai-EE-yah! yike! yike! er... yip! yip!

:Peace: :arrow: :jester: PBJ PBJ PBJ

go bowe
05-17-2004, 10:39 PM

Pilot Lattimer (13)
Copilot go bo (13)
Bombardier KCJohnny (13)
Engineer voyager (13)
Radio Op. munkey (13)
Tail Gunner TheFly (13)

Copilot go bo (13) at first attempted to go back and let the crew know to bail out, but found himself pinned against a bulkhead by the centrifugal force of the spin. Stuck inside the plane, he inched himself out inch by inch, the g forces rising. At the waist, the open hatch beckons, and he eventually makes it there and is sucked out. Pulling his cord, he floats downward, coming to a quiet landing on a roadway. Immediately, a German soldier appears, and out of instinct, go bo pulls out his survival pistol and fires. The German drops, a fatal shot to the neck spurting blood. Go bo looks around. Nobody else is around. Dragging the dead man into a copse of trees, go bo emerges ten minutes later wearing a German uniform. From that point on, he’s a German soldier, using his scrip to buy a train ticket to Monaco, and then making his way to the Swiss border. A week later, he shows up back in camp sporting a new wristwatch and some mighty fine chocolate for the bar ladies.

Copilot XXX
Bombardier XXX
Navigator XXX
Engineer XXX
Radio Op. XXX
Tail Gunner XXX
Ball Turret Gunner XXX
Right Waist Gunner XXX
Left Waist Gunner XXX

Just like that, the second-most experienced crew in the squadron is gone. RIP, RWaBbY.hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

10 minutes, huh?

it probably took 5 minutes to undress the german and get into his uniform...

so what was go bo doing for the other 5 minutes, anyway?

oh wait, i'm go bo...

but i still wonder what he was doing with that undressed dead german soldier for 5 minutes... NTTAWWT :D

tk13
05-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Crap, I'm dead yet again. This time my bad luck was capable of bringing down our most experienced unit. I must have some special luck. Who wants me to be on their crew next?

Is anyone keeping track of who's died the most times?

alanm
05-18-2004, 03:03 AM
Just like that, the second-most experienced crew in the squadron is gone. RIP, RWaBbY. Damn that was a rough mission. I wonder how many snake eyes Kevin had to throw in a row to come up with the 5 German planes scoring hits like that at the same time?

Rest in Peace
RWaBbY. :thumb:

Amnorix
05-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Crap, I'm dead yet again. This time my bad luck was capable of bringing down our most experienced unit. I must have some special luck. Who wants me to be on their crew next?

Is anyone keeping track of who's died the most times?
For the record, Foo Fighters would rather fly shorthanded than take on Jonah here....

Nothing personal, but honestly. :shake: :shake:

:p

cdcox
05-18-2004, 12:31 PM
I had a bad feeling about this mission. At least I didn't die.

Talisman
05-18-2004, 05:26 PM

Pilot Lattimer (13)
Copilot go bo (13)
Bombardier KCJohnny (13)
Engineer voyager (13)
Radio Op. munkey (13)
Tail Gunner TheFly (13)

No enemy

No enemy

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Redcoats58 fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses

1 Fw190 attacks

Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses

Cdcox fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses

1 Me109 attacks

Kcjohnny fires, misses

5 Fw190s attack

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Tk13 fires, misses

Red, White, and Blew by You enters a rare vortex of bad luck, as all five attacking planes score hits!

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 6 hits
-#1 engine is hit in the oil tank, and bursts into flames. Go bo hits the engine’s fire extinguisher, and it appears that the fire is going to be under control. However, the engine seizes.

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 3 hits
-waist – the ball turret takes a hit, and cdcox sustains a light wound to the left upper back

In the blink of an eye, Red, White, and Blew By You is doomed. The plane goes into a flat spin, plummeting downward with two engines out and fires in both wings. Lattimer and go bo yell to bail out, but there’s too much noise to hear, and the bailout alarm isn’t working.

Engineer voyager (13) and Tail Gunner TheFly (13) are the first to bail out. They float down directly into the middle of a small village, and Germans are waiting. They have no choice but to surrender immediately.

Bombardier KCJohnny (13), Left Waist Gunner Nightfyre (1), and Radio Op. munkey (13) hook up on the ground after they hit the ground. The trio works together and stealthily heads north, hiding during the day and traveling at night. For 8 days they make good time, but it gets more difficult as they reach the north coast. At the coast, they confer and, lacking any Underground contacts, decide that their only choice is to steal a boat. They hatch a plan, but on the way to their dock of choice, have the bad luck of encountering a German patrol head on. No chance. They surrender, and their story of being downed fliers is not believed. Stood up against a wall, they are informally executed without a trial.

Right Waist Gunner tk13 (1) bails out, and lands alone. Not sure of his location, he picks a direction and walks straight into a squad of Germans who are looking for him.

Pilot Lattimer (13) jumps out into the clear blue sky, and lands softly, with the barking of German Shepherds not far away. He’s off like a shot, and makes it almost ten miles before the dogs and their handlers catch up to him, exhausted and out of luck.

Navigator Redcoats58 (13) was trapped in the nose until he had the good fortune to be thrown through the plexiglass. Stunned and seriously injured, he instinctively managed to open his parachute, but is found unconscious 11 hours later by a German patrol. Off to the stalag.

Ball Turret Gunner cdcox (13) is the last to bail out, having to put on his parachute during the spin. He dives out the door, noticing go bo inching along when it’s too late to help, and floats downward. A German halftrack awaits to take him to his new home for the next two years.

Aftereffects

Copilot XXX
Bombardier XXX
Navigator XXX
Engineer XXX
Radio Op. XXX
Tail Gunner XXX
Ball Turret Gunner XXX
Right Waist Gunner XXX
Left Waist Gunner XXX

Just like that, the second-most experienced crew in the squadron is gone. RIP, RWaBbY.
RIP, RWaBbY.
I thought you were typing w/ your elbows again there for a minute.

Bootlegged
05-21-2004, 06:06 AM

Pilot Lattimer (13)
Copilot go bo (13)
Bombardier KCJohnny (13)
Engineer voyager (13)
Radio Op. munkey (13)
Tail Gunner TheFly (13)

No enemy

No enemy

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Redcoats58 fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses

1 Fw190 attacks

Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Voyager fires, misses

Cdcox fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses

1 Me109 attacks

Kcjohnny fires, misses

5 Fw190s attack

Kcjohnny fires, misses
Redcoats58 fires, misses
Thefly fires, misses
Nightfyre fires, misses
Tk13 fires, misses

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 6 hits

Fw scores 1 hit

Fw scores 3 hits

Aftereffects

Copilot XXX
Bombardier XXX
Navigator XXX
Engineer XXX
Radio Op. XXX
Tail Gunner XXX
Ball Turret Gunner XXX
Right Waist Gunner XXX
Left Waist Gunner XXX

Awww.....what the f#$@!?!?? Schprekin de deutsche?

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21520

B-17 #5 – El Duderino II - Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders

Pilot Lzen (1)
Copilot Rain Man (1)
Bombardier Talisman (13)
Navigator Joe Seahawk (1)
Engineer Radar Chief (13)
Radio Op. Mr. Blond (1)
Tail Gunner UMKC 1L (1)
Ball Turret Gunner morphius (1)
Right Waist Gunner kcfanintitanhell (1)
Left Waist Gunner PastorMikH (1)

Target: Lille
Distance: 3 zones (A nice short mission)

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 3 Out: France (Entering Target Zone)

1 Fw190, 3 Me109s attack – 1 Fw190 and 2 Me109s are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses
Joe seahawk fires, misses
Radar chief fires, misses
Kcfanintitanhell fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit
-superficial damage to starboard aileron

Talisman fires, kills Me109
Umkc 1l fires, misses

5 Me109s attack – 3 are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses
Joe seahawk fires, damages Me109
Morphius fires, misses

2 Mes miss, break off attack

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Light Flak - misses
The veteran Talisman makes the trip worthwhile – 40% score

Zone 3 Back: France (Leaving Target Zone)

Without warning, the skies are suddenly filled with German fighters! An aerial circus ensues as the allied fighters swarm as well.

4 Fw190s attack

Umkc 1l fires, damages Fw190
Morphius fires, kills Fw190
Pastormikh fires, misses

Damaged Fw presses in and scores 2 hits, then breaks off attack
-superficial damage to waist

1 Me109 attacks

Umkc 1l fires, misses

Me scores 2 hits

Umkc 1l fires, misses

2 Me109s, 1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack – 1 Me110 is driven off by fighters

Umkc 1l fires, damages Me109
Pastormikh fires, damages Fw190

Damaged Fw misses, breaks off attack

Damaged Me scores 2 hits, breaks off attack
-tail – UMKC 1L suffers a serious wound to the neck
-tail – UMKC 1L’s heat suit fails

Me scores 1 hit

Talisman fires, misses

Me scores 3 hits
-waist – pastormikh takes a light wound, losing his left big toe
-port wing root slightly damaged

Talisman fires, misses

Talisman and Joe Seahawk scramble to transfer ammo from the cheek guns to the overworked nose gun.

Mr. Blond hustles back from his radio position to man the tail gun.

5 Fw190s attack – 1 is driven off by fighters

Morphius fires, hits Fw190

3 Fws miss, break off attack

Fw scores 3 hits
-waist – kcfanintitanhell sustains a light wound to the back of the head.
-tail – UMKC 1L takes a light wound to the left calf. However, the blood loss from his other wound is serious enough that he bleeds out and dies.
-port wing – the #1 engine takes a direct hit and grinds to a stop. Rain Man feathers the prop and the plane continues on pace with three engines.

Fw scores 2 hits
-radio room – the intercom system fails. No more communication within the plane
-waist – kcfanintitanhell gets nailed squarely in the left side of the head, and moves on to the next world (yet again)

4 Me109s attack – 2 are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses
Joe seahawk fires, hits Me109
Pastormikh fires, misses
Radar chief fires, kills Me109

Good weather
Good landing

Aftereffects

None

Pilot Lzen (1)
Copilot Rain Man (1)
Bombardier Talisman (13)
Radio Op. Mr. Blond (1)
Tail Gunner morphius (1), promoted
Ball Turret Gunner, XXX
Right Waist Gunner PastorMikH (1), promoted
Left Waist Gunner, XXX

Between morphius and kcfanintitanhell, you just knew that some people were going to die on this mission, no matter how short it was.

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 07:15 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21522

B-17 #7 – Flyin’ Doublewide

Pilot htismaqe (13)
Copilot Bwana (13)
Bombardier 58Forever (13)
Navigator fbal4lif32 (13)
Engineer SDChiefsfan (13)
Radio Op. KC Dan (13)
Tail Gunner ExtremeChief (13)
Ball Turret Gunner tweak6 (6)
Right Waist Gunner joesomebody (6)
Left Waist Gunner BIG DADDY (1)

Target: Emden, Germany
Mid-formation horizontally and vertically (low vulnerability)
Distance: 7 Zones

No enemy

Before the fighter cover meets up with the B-17s, 5 Me109s attack out of nowhere!

Extremechief fires, misses
Joesomebody fires, misses
Sdchiefsfan fires, kills Me109
KC Dan fires, misses
58forever fires, hits Me109
tweak6 fires, misses

Me scores 8 hits!
-nose – 58Forever and fbal4lif32 lose the heat in their compartment
-pilot compartment – htismaqe slumps over the controls with a serious wound to the lower back
-pilot compartment – bwana takes a light wound to the left foot
-superficial damage to the bomb bay
-superficial damage to the radio room
-waist – Big Daddy takes a light wound to the mid-upper back
-tail – extremechief loses his heat
-radio room – KC Dan takes a serious wound to the mid-chest

Me scores 4 hits
-superficial damage to starboard wing flap

2 Mes circle, attack again

Extremechief fires, misses
Joesomebody fires, misses
Fbal4lif32 fires, hits Me109
Sdchiefsfan fires, misses
58forever fires, misses

In his first move as acting pilot, bwana makes an easy decision. Both he and the pilot are wounded, two other crew members are wounded, and three others are without heat. This mission is over before it began after the Pearl Harbor-like attack. Bwana swings the plane around and drops down to 10,000 feet. Joesomebody moves to the radio room temporarily to call out an abort and radio back to base to bring ambulances quickly.

As luck would have it, the weather is poor, with rain falling and winds picking up. Bwana has a problem in that he can’t use the rudders with his injured left foot. SDchiefsfan moves to the pilot’s seat, gingerly removing htismaqe, and 58Forever moves up from the bombardier position to the top turret gun. Bwana gives SDChiefsfan instructions on how to apply the rudders if and when they’re needed. He lines up on the runway and brings the plane in, which unfortunately takes a gust right as it’s landing. “Left!” Bwana calls, and SDchiefsfan applies a left rudder. The two attempt to team in the landing, but it simply doesn’t work. Flyin’ Doublewide swerves and bucks and runs off the runway, it’s landing gears collapsing in the mud. Fire trucks scream to the scene, but there’s no fire and the plane is deemed repairable. It’s towed back to the hangar as the crew either walks back or rides in an ambulance.

Aftereffects

Sadly, htismaqe lingered for 7 days in the hospital, but perished on the eighth. KC Dan was stabilized, but sent home on the Queen Elizabeth to sit out the rest of the war.

Pilot Bwana (13), promoted
Copilot 58Forever (13) , promoted
Bombardier fbal4lif32 (13) , promoted
Navigator SDChiefsfan (13) , promoted
Engineer XXX
Radio Op. ExtremeChief (13) , promoted
Tail Gunner tweak6 (6) , promoted
Ball Turret Gunner joesomebody (6) , promoted
Right Waist Gunner BIG DADDY (1) , promoted
Left Waist Gunner XXX

That was a pretty bloody mission for only 2 zones.

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 07:43 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21525

B17 #10 – Gunther’s Thunder III – Rise of the Machine

Pilot JOhn (7)
Copilot KC Jones (13)
Bombardier Taliswoman (8)
Navigator Dartgod (7)
Engineer Mohillbilly (7)
Radio Op. roger (7)
Tail Gunner 4th and Long (7)
Ball Turret Gunner Dave Lane (6)
Right Waist Gunner bowser (2)
Left Waist Gunner Sure-Oz

Distance: 7 zones

No enemy

The squadron is jumped by enemy fighters, but only one targets Gunther’s Thunder - 1 Me109 is driven off by fighters. Down in the ball turret, Dave Lane reports seeing another B-17, Flyin’ Doublewide, get pasted.

Zone 3 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 4 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 5 Out: North Sea – out of fighter range

No enemy

Zone 6 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 7 Out: Germany (Entering Target Zone)

1 Me109 attacks

Mohillbilly fires, misses
Taliswoman fires, misses
4th and Long fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Poor weather – rain is drizzling down
Medium Flak – 4 hits
-tail – autopilot is damaged. Taliswoman will have to drop the bombs while John is manually flying through the bomb zone
-nose – dartgod takes a light wound to the stomach
-tail – 4th and Long takes a light wound to the back of the right thigh

Despite the weather, the lack of an autopilot, the flak hits, and moans of wounded, Taliswoman maintains a surgeon’s touch at the bomb controls – 40% score

Zone 7 Back: Germany (Leaving Target Zone)

No enemy

Zone 6 Back: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 5 Back: North Sea

1 Fw190, 3 Me109s attack

Taliswoman fires, misses
Dartgod fires, misses
Mohillbilly fires, damages Me109
Dave lane fires, misses

Fw scores 1 hit

Me scores 2 hits
-#1 engine is damaged and dies. KC Jones cuts the fuel and feathers the engine successfully. Gunther’s Thunder remains in formation

1 Fw, 1 Me circle, attack again

Taliswoman fires, misses
Dartgod fires, misses
Dave lane fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Sure-oz fires, misses

Zone 4 Back: North Sea – back in fighter range

No enemy

Zone 3 Back: North Sea

No enemy

No enemy

Good weather
Good landing, despite running on three engines

Aftereffects

None

Pilot JOhn (7)
Copilot KC Jones (13)
Navigator Dartgod (7)
Engineer Mohillbilly (7)
Radio Op. roger (7)

The Germans were notably missing on that mission.

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 09:13 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21528

B-17 #13 – Throw Bomba from the Plane IV – A New Hope

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Bombardier Slayer Diablo (8)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)
Radio Op. mikey23545 (13)
Tail Gunner theultimatekcchiefsfan (13)
Ball Turret Gunner Bunnytrdr (13)
Right Waist Gunner DaKCMan AP (5)
Left Waist Gunner ChiefJustice (5)

Target: Lorient, France

No enemy

No enemy

2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, hits Me109
ChiefJustice fires, misses
Theultimatekcchiefsfan fires, misses

No enemy

1 Fw190, 2 Me109s attack

Slayer Diablo fires, misses
Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, kills Me109
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Simplex3 fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit
-nose - saggysack loses his oxygen and switches to his backup system

Simplex3 fires, hits Me109

2 Me109s, 1 Me110 attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

Me109, Me110 miss, break off attack

5 Fw190s attack

Slayer Diablo fires, kills Fw190
Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, kills Fw190
Theultimatekcchiefsfan fires, hits Fw190
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Mikey23545 fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, damages Fw190

3 Fw190s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

Fw scores 5 hits
-superficial damage to #1 engine
-superficial damage to starboard engine
-#3 engine propeller is destroyed. JimNasium cuts power to the engine, and Throw Bomba continues on three engines. Once they drop their bombs, they’ll be able to keep up with the formation.
Tail – the tail gun is destroyed

Dakcman AP fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Light Flak - misses
Slayer pulls the trigger too early – 0% score

2 Me110s attack

Bunnytrdr fires, hits Me110
Saggysack fires, misses

Zone 5: France

1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack

Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, hits Fw190
Saggysack fires, misses

Fw, Me miss, break off attack

Zone 4: Western Channel – back in fighter range

In a lucky break, the B-17 flight intersects with a large Spitfire fighter group coming back from another escort mission. In addition to their normal escort, they get a troop of Spitfires flying alongside them.

No enemy

Zone 3: Western Channel

3 Fw190s attack – 2 are driven off by fighters

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, kills Me109
Simplex3 fires, damages Me109
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather
Ndbbm executes a good landing on three engines.

Aftereffects

None

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)

Mission not accomplished, but they sure took out a lot of fighters along the way.

PastorMikH
05-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Wow - Rainman must be upset about the thread location and is trying to kill of the planes.

Condolences to UMKC & kcfanintitanhel

But, we're moving on up! Promotion!

PBJ PBJ PBJ

:thumb:

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21529

B-17 #14 – Lucy Quipment II – Lucy Reloaded

Pilot Clint in Wichita (13)
Copilot Loki (8)
Bombardier old_geezer (13)
Navigator chiefsfan58 (13)
Engineer Patteeu (13)
Radio Op. FloridaChief (8)
Tail Gunner KS Smitty (5)
Ball Turret Gunner Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (2)
Right Waist Gunner LVNHACK (1)
Left Waist Gunner Chief Faithful

Target: Antwerp
Distance: 4 zones

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 3 Out: Belgium

No enemy

Zone 4 Out: Belgium (Entering Target Zone)

1 Me109 is driven off by fighters

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Medium Flak - misses
Old_geezer puts the bombs right down the smokestacks – 50% score!

Zone 4 Back: Belgium (Leaving Target Zone)

1 Fw190, 3 Me109s attack

Old_geezer fires, misses
KS Smitty fires, misses
Chiefsfan58 fires, hits Me109
Patteeu fires, misses
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan fires, misses

1 Fw, 3 Mes miss, break off attack

Zone 3 Back: Belgium

3 Me110s attack – 2 are driven off by fighters

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan fires, kills Me110
Old_geezer fires, misses
KS Smitty fires, kills the same unlucky Me110

Old_geezer fires, damages Me109
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan fires, damages Me110
Patteeu fires, kills the same Me109
KS Smitty fires, kills the same Me110

Fw scores 2 hits

Old_geezer fires, misses
KS Smitty fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits
-port aileron is destroyed

Patteeu fires, hits Fw190
Chiefsfan58 fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather
Good landing

Aftereffects

None

Copilot Loki (8)
Engineer Patteeu (13)

Good shootin’ thar, cowboys.

morphius
05-23-2004, 09:42 PM
I lived through 2 straight missions, now there is a first.

kcfanintitanhell
05-23-2004, 09:44 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21520

B-17 #5 – El Duderino II - Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders

Pilot Lzen (1)
Copilot Rain Man (1)
Bombardier Talisman (13)
Radio Op. Mr. Blond (1)
Tail Gunner UMKC 1L (1)
Ball Turret Gunner morphius (1)
Right Waist Gunner kcfanintitanhell (1)
Left Waist Gunner PastorMikH (1)

Target: Lille
Distance: 3 zones (A nice short mission)

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 3 Out: France (Entering Target Zone)

1 Fw190, 3 Me109s attack – 1 Fw190 and 2 Me109s are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Talisman fires, kills Me109
Umkc 1l fires, misses

5 Me109s attack – 3 are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses
Joe seahawk fires, damages Me109
Morphius fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Light Flak - misses
The veteran Talisman makes the trip worthwhile – 40% score

Zone 3 Back: France (Leaving Target Zone)

Without warning, the skies are suddenly filled with German fighters! An aerial circus ensues as the allied fighters swarm as well.

4 Fw190s attack

Umkc 1l fires, damages Fw190
Morphius fires, kills Fw190
Pastormikh fires, misses

Damaged Fw presses in and scores 2 hits, then breaks off attack

1 Me109 attacks

Umkc 1l fires, misses

Me scores 2 hits

Umkc 1l fires, misses

2 Me109s, 1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack – 1 Me110 is driven off by fighters

Umkc 1l fires, damages Me109
Pastormikh fires, damages Fw190

Damaged Me scores 2 hits, breaks off attack
-tail – UMKC 1L suffers a serious wound to the neck
-tail – UMKC 1L’s heat suit fails

Me scores 1 hit

Talisman fires, misses

Me scores 3 hits
-waist – pastormikh takes a light wound, losing his left big toe
-port wing root slightly damaged

Talisman fires, misses

Talisman and Joe Seahawk scramble to transfer ammo from the cheek guns to the overworked nose gun.

Mr. Blond hustles back from his radio position to man the tail gun.

5 Fw190s attack – 1 is driven off by fighters

Morphius fires, hits Fw190

Fw scores 3 hits
-waist – kcfanintitanhell sustains a light wound to the back of the head.
-tail – UMKC 1L takes a light wound to the left calf. However, the blood loss from his other wound is serious enough that he bleeds out and dies.
-port wing – the #1 engine takes a direct hit and grinds to a stop. Rain Man feathers the prop and the plane continues on pace with three engines.

Fw scores 2 hits
-radio room – the intercom system fails. No more communication within the plane
-waist – kcfanintitanhell gets nailed squarely in the left side of the head, and moves on to the next world (yet again)

4 Me109s attack – 2 are driven off by fighters

Talisman fires, misses
Joe seahawk fires, hits Me109
Pastormikh fires, misses
Radar chief fires, kills Me109

Good weather
Good landing

Aftereffects

None

Pilot Lzen (1)
Copilot Rain Man (1)
Bombardier Talisman (13)
Radio Op. Mr. Blond (1)
Tail Gunner morphius (1), promoted
Ball Turret Gunner, XXX
Right Waist Gunner PastorMikH (1), promoted
Left Waist Gunner, XXX

Between morphius and kcfanintitanhell, you just knew that some people were going to die on this mission, no matter how short it was.

Is someone keeping track of how many times people have died in these missions? I think I'm putting in for my 6th reincarnation.

Rain Man
05-23-2004, 10:08 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21530

B-17 #15 – Sack Time

Pilot Special Ed (13)
Copilot alanm (13)
Bombardier seclark (13)
Navigator KC2003 (13)
Engineer redhed (13)
Radio Op. Hydrae (9)
Tail Gunner Fat Elvis (3)
Ball Turret Gunner Zebedee DuBois (4)
Right Waist Gunner Iowanian (3)
Left Waist Gunner SNR

Target: Romilly, France
Distance: 5 zones

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 3 Out: France

No enemy

2 Fw190s, 1 Me109, 1 Me110 attack – 1 Fw190 is driven off by fighters

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, kills Me110
Zebedee Dubois fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Me scores 1 hit
-#1 engine is hit, and revs out of control. After a moment of alarm as the plane yaws dangerously, alanm is able to cut power to the engine. The plane is safe, but it’s now down to 3 engines.

Me, Fw circle, attack again

Seclark fires, damages Fw190
Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

Me scores 2 hits
-starboard wing root is slightly damaged

Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses

Special Ed has a problem. With three engines, he can’t keep up with the formation as long as the bombs are in the plane, and so it would be suicide to try to carry them to the target. His choices are to turn around and abort, in which case Sack Time will have to return out of formation, or to drop his bombs and stay in formation. He chooses to drop the bombs, and lets seclark pick a target of opportunity. They drop the bombs on a railyard, but cannot observe whether they actually hit it. With the bombs gone, though, they can stay in formation and fly empty over the target.

Zone 5 Out: France (Entering Target Zone) – out of fighter range

3 Me110s attack

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

4 Me109s attack

Seclark fires, kills Me109
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
SNR fires, misses

1 Fw190, 2 Me109s attack

Zebedee Dubois fires, hits Me109
Redhed fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, damages Me109
Fat Elvis fires, misses
SNR fires, kills the Me109 that was hit

Me, Fw miss, break off attack

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Medium Flak - misses
Seclark swears that he would’ve nailed the target if only he had bombs.

Zone 5 Back: France (Leaving Target Zone)

4 Fw190s attack

Zebedee Dubois fires, damages Fw190
Iowanian fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Seclark fires, misses

Fw scores 1 hit
-superficial damage to #4 engine

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses

Zone 4 Back: France – back in fighter range

1 Me110 is driven off by other B-17s

Zone 3 Back: France

Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather
Good landing

Aftereffects

None

Pilot Special Ed (13)
Copilot alanm (13)
Bombardier seclark (13)
Navigator KC2003 (13)
Engineer redhed (13)
Radio Op. Hydrae (9)
Left Waist Gunner SNR

It’s off to the pub for the untouched crew, while Sack Time gets a new engine and some paint.

alanm
05-24-2004, 12:02 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21528

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)

No enemy

No enemy

2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses

No enemy

1 Fw190, 2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Simplex3 fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

2 Me109s, 1 Me110 attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

5 Fw190s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Mikey23545 fires, misses

3 Fw190s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

Fw scores 5 hits
-#3 engine propeller is destroyed. JimNasium cuts power to the engine, and Throw Bomba continues on three engines. Once they drop their bombs, they’ll be able to keep up with the formation.

Dakcman AP fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Light Flak - misses

2 Me110s attack

Saggysack fires, misses

1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack

Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Saggysack fires, misses

In a lucky break, the B-17 flight intersects with a large Spitfire fighter group coming back from another escort mission. In addition to their normal escort, they get a troop of Spitfires flying alongside them.

No enemy

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

2 Me109s attack

Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather

Aftereffects

None

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)

Mission not accomplished, but they sure took out a lot of fighters along the way.Simplex3 should be up for some sort of air medal after that mission. 3 kills and 2 damaged fighters. Almost became a ace on this one mission.

alanm
05-24-2004, 12:10 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21530

B-17 #15 – Sack Time

Pilot Special Ed (13)
Copilot alanm (13)
Bombardier seclark (13)
Navigator KC2003 (13)
Engineer redhed (13)
Radio Op. Hydrae (9)
Left Waist Gunner SNR

Target: Romilly, France
Distance: 5 zones

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 3 Out: France

No enemy

2 Fw190s, 1 Me109, 1 Me110 attack – 1 Fw190 is driven off by fighters

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, kills Me110

Fw scores 2 hits

Me scores 1 hit
-#1 engine is hit, and revs out of control. After a moment of alarm as the plane yaws dangerously, alanm is able to cut power to the engine. The plane is safe, but it’s now down to 3 engines.

Me, Fw circle, attack again

Seclark fires, damages Fw190
Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

Me scores 2 hits
-starboard wing root is slightly damaged

Redhed fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses

Special Ed has a problem. With three engines, he can’t keep up with the formation as long as the bombs are in the plane, and so it would be suicide to try to carry them to the target. His choices are to turn around and abort, in which case Sack Time will have to return out of formation, or to drop his bombs and stay in formation. He chooses to drop the bombs, and lets seclark pick a target of opportunity. They drop the bombs on a railyard, but cannot observe whether they actually hit it. With the bombs gone, though, they can stay in formation and fly empty over the target.

Zone 5 Out: France (Entering Target Zone) – out of fighter range

3 Me110s attack

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

4 Me109s attack

Seclark fires, kills Me109
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses
SNR fires, misses

1 Fw190, 2 Me109s attack

Zebedee Dubois fires, hits Me109
Redhed fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, damages Me109
Fat Elvis fires, misses
SNR fires, kills the Me109 that was hit

Me, Fw miss, break off attack

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Medium Flak - misses
Seclark swears that he would’ve nailed the target if only he had bombs.

Zone 5 Back: France (Leaving Target Zone)

4 Fw190s attack

Zebedee Dubois fires, damages Fw190
Iowanian fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Seclark fires, misses

Fw scores 1 hit
-superficial damage to #4 engine

Seclark fires, misses
Kc2003 fires, misses
Fat Elvis fires, misses

Zone 4 Back: France – back in fighter range

1 Me110 is driven off by other B-17s

Zone 3 Back: France

Kc2003 fires, misses
Redhed fires, misses
Iowanian fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather
Good landing

Aftereffects

None

Pilot Special Ed (13)
Copilot alanm (13)
Bombardier seclark (13)
Navigator KC2003 (13)
Engineer redhed (13)
Radio Op. Hydrae (9)
Left Waist Gunner SNR

It’s off to the pub for the untouched crew, while Sack Time gets a new engine and some paint.It wouldn't be a official mission without us losing a engine or two.:thumb:

tk13
05-24-2004, 12:23 AM
For the record, Foo Fighters would rather fly shorthanded than take on Jonah here....

Nothing personal, but honestly. :shake: :shake:

You jerk!

What you said may be true... but, but, but... you jerk! :p

ChiefJustice
05-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Wow - Rainman must be upset about the thread location and is trying to kill of the planes.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Try dealing with being the only crew who has had their plane being
destroyed by a hit to the bomb bay.I am still fuming over that one.:cuss:

ExtremeChief
05-24-2004, 06:45 AM
RIP Htismaqe... always hate to lose a pilot.

Lzen
05-24-2004, 10:17 AM
RIP Kcfanintitanhell and UMKC 1L. I think morphius has traded mojo with you. ;) Lotsa good hits on the enemy. I'm not sure how our plane made it back. No wait, I know. I'm such an uber pilot. :D

MrBlond
05-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Where is the glory in being a radioman? When do I get to blast a kraut out of the sky? Or set down a swiss-cheese B-17 on a fogged in runway?

Dave Lane
05-24-2004, 08:55 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

pastormikh takes a light wound, losing his left big toe

You aren't moving up quite as fast as the others... ROFL

I figured you'd be going home after that one...

Dave

4th and Long
05-24-2004, 10:38 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21525

B17 #10 – Gunther’s Thunder III – Rise of the Machine

Pilot JOhn (7)
Copilot KC Jones (13)
Navigator Dartgod (7)
Engineer Mohillbilly (7)
Radio Op. roger (7)

Distance: 7 zones

No enemy

The squadron is jumped by enemy fighters, but only one targets Gunther’s Thunder - 1 Me109 is driven off by fighters. Down in the ball turret, Dave Lane reports seeing another B-17, Flyin’ Doublewide, get pasted.

Zone 3 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 4 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 5 Out: North Sea – out of fighter range

No enemy

Zone 6 Out: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 7 Out: Germany (Entering Target Zone)

1 Me109 attacks

Taliswoman fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Poor weather – rain is drizzling down
Medium Flak – 4 hits
-tail – autopilot is damaged. Taliswoman will have to drop the bombs while John is manually flying through the bomb zone
-nose – dartgod takes a light wound to the stomach
-tail – 4th and Long takes a light wound to the back of the right thigh

Despite the weather, the lack of an autopilot, the flak hits, and moans of wounded, Taliswoman maintains a surgeon’s touch at the bomb controls – 40% score

Zone 7 Back: Germany (Leaving Target Zone)

No enemy

Zone 6 Back: North Sea

No enemy

Zone 5 Back: North Sea

1 Fw190, 3 Me109s attack

Taliswoman fires, misses
Dartgod fires, misses
Mohillbilly fires, damages Me109
Dave lane fires, misses

Fw scores 1 hit

Me scores 2 hits
-#1 engine is damaged and dies. KC Jones cuts the fuel and feathers the engine successfully. Gunther’s Thunder remains in formation

1 Fw, 1 Me circle, attack again

Taliswoman fires, misses
Dartgod fires, misses
Dave lane fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Sure-oz fires, misses

Zone 4 Back: North Sea – back in fighter range

No enemy

Zone 3 Back: North Sea

No enemy

No enemy

Good weather
Good landing, despite running on three engines

Aftereffects

None

Pilot JOhn (7)
Copilot KC Jones (13)
Navigator Dartgod (7)
Engineer Mohillbilly (7)
Radio Op. roger (7)

The Germans were notably missing on that mission.
I think the Germans are scared of us. :p

As usual, I didn't hit jack chit.

I have my first war wound too. I wonder if Cntrygal will think it's sexy? :hmmm:

PastorMikH
05-24-2004, 11:29 PM
pastormikh takes a light wound, losing his left big toe

You aren't moving up quite as fast as the others... ROFL

I figured you'd be going home after that one...

Dave

Going home??? No thanks. I should get a purple heart for it though.;)

FWIW, That light wound wasn't from enemy fire, it was from kicking the gun because the sights were so far off!:)

Rausch
05-25-2004, 03:22 AM
STFU

Rausch
05-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Shit....too big...

Cntrygal
05-25-2004, 04:28 AM
I think the Germans are scared of us. :p

As usual, I didn't hit jack chit.

I have my first war wound too. I wonder if Cntrygal will think it's sexy? :hmmm:

Maybe if you had been wounded while destroying the enemy. :shake:

ndbbm
05-26-2004, 07:01 AM

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)

No enemy

No enemy

2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses

No enemy

1 Fw190, 2 Me109s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Simplex3 fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

2 Me109s, 1 Me110 attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

5 Fw190s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Mikey23545 fires, misses

3 Fw190s attack

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Bunnytrdr fires, misses

Fw scores 5 hits

Dakcman AP fires, misses

Entering Bomb Zone
Good Weather
Light Flak - misses

2 Me110s attack

Saggysack fires, misses

1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack

Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Saggysack fires, misses

No enemy

Saggysack fires, misses
Simplex3 fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

2 Me109s attack

Bunnytrdr fires, misses
Dakcman AP fires, misses

No enemy

Good weather

Aftereffects

None

Pilot ndbbm (8)
Copilot JimNasium (5)
Navigator Saggysack (5)
Engineer Simplex3 (13)

Mission not accomplished, but they sure took out a lot of fighters along the way.

Die scum! bwa hahhahahhahah!

Cntrygal
06-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Looks like our leave is up....

go bowe
06-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Looks like our leave is up....yep, sure looks that way, but i'll be glad to "get back in action"... :D

Stinger
06-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Man a month on leave, should we all be concidered AWOL by now? :D

Cntrygal
06-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Man a month on leave, should we all be concidered AWOL by now? :D

Naw... we can't be called AWOL when the mission commander left us hangin'. :D

Loki
06-14-2004, 06:56 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21529

B-17 #14 – Lucy Quipment II – Lucy Reloaded

Copilot Loki (8)
Engineer Patteeu (13)

Old_geezer puts the bombs right down the smokestacks – 50% score!

Chiefsfan58 fires, hits Me109
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan fires, kills Me110
KS Smitty fires, kills the same unlucky Me110
Old_geezer fires, damages Me109
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan fires, damages Me110
Patteeu fires, kills the same Me109
KS Smitty fires, kills the same Me110
Patteeu fires, hits Fw190

Copilot Loki (8)
Engineer Patteeu (13)

wow... no one got wasted or wounded, 50% bomb run, and the gunners were rockin' steady.

niiiiice.

Amnorix
06-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Foooo Fighters, standby for takeoff....

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/sunrise-4.jpg

Standby, inclement weather, passing swiftly.....

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/lightning-1.jpg

Please standby......

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/sunset-10.jpg

Please continue to standby....

http://www.mall-net.com/today/pict2549s.jpg

*sigh* :sulk:ZZZ

Cntrygal
06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Foooo Fighters, standby for takeoff....

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/sunrise-4.jpg

Standby, inclement weather, passing swiftly.....

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/lightning-1.jpg

Please standby......

http://www.1000pictures.com/scenic/sky/sunset-10.jpg

Please continue to standby....

http://www.mall-net.com/today/pict2549s.jpg

*sigh* :sulk:ZZZ

:LOL: You should copy this post to the main forum. This is great!!!

go bowe
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
are we still on standby??? :shrug:

Cntrygal
06-16-2004, 02:44 AM

I think so........

go bowe
06-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I think so........well, i'm checking in with the duty officer...

i'm supposed to get reassigned after being the only one who made it back out of my whole crew...

waiting is hell, isn't it?

Cntrygal
06-17-2004, 04:17 AM
well, i'm checking in with the duty officer...

i'm supposed to get reassigned after being the only one who made it back out of my whole crew...

waiting is hell, isn't it?

Hurry up and wait..... something every military member is used to. :(

morphius
06-23-2004, 08:09 AM
I lived through another flight? I'm not sure how to react, this is an all new expierence.

Rain Man
07-02-2004, 01:32 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21536

B-17 #18 – Fooooo Fighters

Pilot NaptownChief (13)
Copilot Tommykat (13)
Bombardier kcnut (1)
Navigator Adam (13)
Engineer Amnorix (13)
Radio Op. KC Kings (13)
Tail Gunner el borracho (13)
Ball Turret Gunner NewChief (13)
Right Waist Gunner mlyonsd (2)
Left Waist Gunner Otter (1)

Target: Brest, France
Mid-formation horizontally, low vertically (low vulnerability)

No enemy

No enemy

No enemy

No enemy

Zone 5 Out: Western Channel – out of fighter range

No enemy

1 Fw190, 1 Me110 attack

El borracho fires, misses
Amnorix fires, misses
Kcnut fires, damages Fw190

3 Me109s attack

Kcnut fires, misses
Adam fires, hits Me109
Amnorix fires, misses
NewChief fires, misses

1 Me misses, breaks off attack

Me scores 1 hit

Me scores 2 hits
-port wing – the #1 engine is hit and races out of control.

tommykat cuts power to the engine, but it’s not completely successful. The engine slows to an idle, but continues to turn the propeller. The resulting drag slows down Fooooo Fighter drastically, and the plane starts falling back in the formation.

2 Mes circle, attack again

Kcnut fires, misses

Me scores 2 hits
-pilot compartment – amnorix takes a light wound to the right shoulder
-tail – autopilot out. Naptown chief will have to pilot the plane manually through the bomb run.

Kcnut fires, damages Me109
Amnorix fires, misses

Me scores 1 hit

Me breaks off attack

The crippled Fooooo Fighter reaches the target a bit late, at the very rear of the formation and still falling back. With no autopilot, Naptown Chief does the best he can to put the plane over the target area without movement.

Entering Bomb Zone
Bad Weather – Heavy clouds
Medium Flak - misses
Kcnut does a great job of planting the mission’s final bombs on target – 30% score

As the plane turns to go home, the other bombers have now moved ahead and are pulling away. Fooooo Fighters will attempt to get home alone. The plane will be a sitting duck until they can get fighter cover.

6 Fw190s attack

Kcnut fires, misses
Adam fires, misses
KC Kings fires, misses
El borracho fires, damages Fw190
NewChief fires, kills Fw190
Otter fires, kills Fw190

2 Fws miss

Fw scores 3 hits
-bomb bay – no effect

3 Fws circle, attack again since the B-17 is alone.

Otter fires, damages Fw190
Amnorix fires, kills Fw190
Adam fires, misses

Fw scores 2 hits

Kcnut fires, misses
Adam fires, misses

1 Me109 attacks

KC Kings fires, damages Me109
Amnorix fires, misses

M e scores 1 hit

Me breaks off attack

2 Me109s, 1 Me110 attack

Amnorix fires, kills Me109
Kcnut fires, misses
Adam fires, kills Me110

Me scores 1 hit

Amnorix fires, misses

Me misses, attacks again

Kcnut fires, hits Me109
Amnorix fires, misses

4 Fw190s attack

Kcnut fires, misses
Adam fires, misses
Amnorix fires, hits Fw190
Mlyonsd fires, misses

3 Fws miss, circle to attack again

Fw scores 1 hir
-nose – kcnut takes a serious wound to the back of the head, and drops unconscious.

Fw circles to attack again

Adam fires, damages Fw190
Amnorix fires, misses
Otter fires, misses
KC Kings fires, misses

Amnorix calls out that he’s low on ammunition, but no one can bring him more.

3 Fws miss, circle to attack again

Damaged Fw scores 2 hits

Damaged Fw breaks off attack

Adam fires, misses

Zone 5: Western Channel

2 Me109s attack

Adam fires, hits Me109
Mlyonsd fires, hits Me109

2 Mes miss, circle to attack again

Otter fires, misses
El borracho fires, hits Me109
Adam fires, misses

Me misses, circles to attack again

Amnorix fires, hits Me109

Zone 4: Western Channel – back in fighter cover

In response to KC Kings’ frantic calls, a squadron of Spitfires appears and moves into position to escort the slowed Fooooo Fighters home

4 Me110s attack, 3 are driven off by fighters

Otter fires, hits Me110

Me scores 2 hits
-starboard wing – landing gear brake is out
-pilot compartment – amnorix takes a light wound to the right knee

Adam fires, misses
NewChief fires, damages Me110

No enemy

3 Me110s attack

NewChief fires, misses
Amnorix fires, hits Me110

3 Mes miss, circle to attack again

KC Kings fires, misses
Mlyonsd fires, misses
Amnorix fires, misses
Adam fires, misses

3 Mes miss, circle to attack again

el borracho fires, misses
otter fires, misses
newchief fires, misses
amnorix fires, misses

Poor weather – cloud cover
Naptown Chief brings Fooooo Fighter to a safe landing, and he and tommykat struggle at the controls as the pesky #1 engine won’t shut down. With no landing gear brake on one side, they also can’t stop the plane, and it rolls down the length of the runway and crashes into a large barricade of tires. The crew bails out (other than the injured kcnut), but the fire crew arrives and ensures that there is no risk of fire. Fooooo Fighters will live to fight another day.

Aftereffects

Kcnut is sent home, with the part of his brain responsible for language severely damaged.

Pilot NaptownChief (13)
Copilot Tommykat (13)
Bombardier Adam (13), promoted
Navigator Amnorix (13) , promoted
Engineer KC Kings (13) , promoted
Radio Op. el borracho (13) , promoted
Tail Gunner NewChief (13) , promoted
Ball Turret Gunner mlyonsd (2) , promoted
Right Waist Gunner Otter (1) , promoted
Left Waist Gunner XXX

It seemed like they’d never get out of Brest.

Dave Lane
07-02-2004, 10:28 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=21536

Aftereffects

Kcnut is sent home, with the part of his brain responsible for language severely damaged.

That explains alot. Good job Rainman!

Dave

Amnorix
07-02-2004, 01:23 PM
B-17 #18 – Fooooo Fighters

Pilot NaptownChief (13)
Copilot Tommykat (13)
Bombardier kcnut (1)
Navigator Adam (13)
Engineer Amnorix (13)
Radio Op. KC Kings (13)
Tail Gunner el borracho (13)
Ball Turret Gunner NewChief (13) :hmmm: One of these is not like the others. I wonder which rookie is going to leave the Fooooo as quickly as he joined...?Amnorix fires, kills Fw190And with this, I make ace!Amnorix fires, kills Me109
Amnorix fires, hits Fw190
Amnorix fires, hits Me109
Amnorix fires, hits Me110I had far too many misses for my tastes, but in this "target rich environment" (read desperate situation), I nearly doubled my kill count...Kcnut does a great job of planting the mission’s final bombs on target – 30% scoreGood shooting Rookie!Kcnut is sent home, with the part of his brain responsible for language severely damaged.Sorry rook -- we hardly knew ya...

Rain Man
07-02-2004, 06:41 PM
And with this, I make ace!

You also managed to pull down two Purple Hearts. The ol' medal box is filling up.

alanm
07-04-2004, 04:41 PM
I know your home today Kevin. Death doesn't take a holiday.ROFL

Stinger
07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
um........Tower....... War Dog III – Back in Training would like to take off now.....over

Loki
07-12-2004, 08:22 AM
ummmmm.....

i know the airfarce... ooops i meant airFORCE ( ;) )
likes to take long, cushy vacations but...

i don't think the germans are quite as LAZY...

lucy quipment is ready, willing, and waiting to fly.

Cntrygal
07-12-2004, 02:11 PM
ummmmm.....

i know the airfarce... ooops i meant airFORCE ( ;) )
likes to take long, cushy vacations but...

i don't think the germans are quite as LAZY...

lucy quipment is ready, willing, and waiting to fly.

I guess you're welcome to swim across the channel. :p

bpc
07-27-2004, 06:12 PM

PastorMikH
01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Say, now that we are in the post season again...

HINT HINT HINT:)

Rain Man
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Made you look.

Actually, I may have more time in the coming months. I've got two new employees, which is long overdue.

Lzen
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Made you look.

Actually, I may have more time in the coming months. I've got two new employees, which is long overdue.

About time. Now got off your ass and get busy.

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I demand to be readded to the military roster!

alanm
06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I've now officially defected to the Italian Submariners. :)

Cntrygal
10-22-2005, 02:13 PM

I think we were decommissioned. :(

Bowser
10-22-2005, 02:18 PM

We're all collectively in the brig.

morphius
10-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Rain man was just tired of trying to find different ways to kill/dismember me and had to move onto something else once his blood lust was fulfilled.

Cntrygal
10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
We're all collectively in the brig.

Dammit! Cover my escape - I have a wedding reception with an open bar to get to.

Rain man was just tired of trying to find different ways to kill/dismember me and had to move onto something else once his blood lust was fulfilled.

He could have just said that you failed to provide the celebratory booze for one of our "after mission parties" and the crew took you out. :p