PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horn 12 catches 120 yards 2 TDs

KCCory
09-10-2000, 06:40 PM
Although we have Sly Morris, it would have been nice to have a second fast wide receiver...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-10-2000, 07:09 PM
Bob Dole watched part of that game and Joe looked like an All-Pro.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2000, 08:25 PM
It is amazing what a player can do when he gets playing time and actually has the ball thrown his way. This is yet another example of why our system is our problem. Raye must go...

AZ

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-10-2000, 08:29 PM
If Gonzo doesn't start getting the ball he will leave too. Better start making use of his talent before it is to late.

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

SoCal Chief
09-10-2000, 10:04 PM
Is this surprising anyone? What did Tony Banks do in the league before he caught on with Brian Billick in Baltimore? What did Trent Green do in this league before he caught on with Mike Martz in Washington and now St. Louis? (Actually, what has he done since then?).

The point is that you can berate Elvis, the running backs and the recievers for having no talent (and some don't appear too) but it's the coaching staff's responsibility to put them in a position to succeed, not play scared like we're seeing now. Joe Horn wouldn't even faintly dream of having that type of game in a Chiefs uniform.

BTW, ever hear of Mike Anderson? He rocked Atlanta today. Do you think it's because he's a future Hall of Famer or is it Denver's system? I thought so.

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 11:36 PM
I'm tellin you, most of it is about the coaching and the opportunities and the system. Even Rison is doing good in Oakland. I betcha if Grbac was being coached by Shanahan he'd be tearing up the place. This place means death for offensive players. The entire staff needs to go, starting with the head guy...

Stuckinbama
09-10-2000, 11:39 PM
I'll even switch to the defense. Grag Favors saved a T.D. for the Titans today. (I still think Cloud got in on 1st down) Favors is playing so well that he is keeping the Titans #1 draft choice on the bench.

ColoradoChief
09-10-2000, 11:42 PM
Don't get me started on Favors. He was one of my favorite players of the '98 season, and I was shocked when he was cut. The Chiefs said he lacked the fire he had from a year before, or some crap like that. He's looking pretty damn good in Tennessee. Gun says this stuff about having to cut people because they have a short time frame for development, but I don't see the same theory applied to other positions. If Grbac were given the same treatment, he would have been cut long ago. This is not a knock on Grbac, he looked good (sounded good) against Tennessee.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 09-10-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 11:48 PM
I think that is just talk from Gun. Fact is they had to choose between Favors and their draft pick of that year Stills. Teams rarely get rid of fourth round picks from that year, and Stills had a good final preseason game against San Diego, so they kept Stills. What they didn't think of is that Favors had done it before and looked good in previous regular season games. To this date Stills has done nothing...

ColoradoChief
09-10-2000, 11:53 PM
Da Wolf - They kept GREG MANUSKY over him too. Manusky gave us a whole 1 more year before he retired, and played mainly on STs. I couldn't believe we kept him over Favors.

Clint in Wichita
09-11-2000, 12:09 AM
I think their excuse was Favors had a down year in '98 and they felt they could do better. Favors was always one of my favorites too and I just felt he had a tough year because everyone had a tough year that year and that he would bounce back.

The change of scenery has done good things for him...

ColoradoChief
09-11-2000, 12:12 AM
Favors did not have a down year in '98. He started - ahead of DT - the last few games and played very well. I think they said he didn't play as well in the '99 preseason. So what. He had WAY more upside than Manusky. And if we cut people on preseason performances, our whole team should have been cut this year.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 09-11-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
09-11-2000, 02:30 AM
I'm just stating it in relation to Marty's post season remarks after '98. He listed Favors as one of the guys who he felt was disappointing and should have done better, citing inconsistency.

But IMO at that time, it was what you expect from a young guy.

I guess Gun wanted his own guy in there...