PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will have to score 40 to beat Rams

25or6to4
09-11-2000, 03:30 PM
Can anyone tell me how in the heck the Chiefs stand a chance of beating St. Louis in Arrowhead on Oct. 22?

Has anyone else watched this Rams offense work in the first two games?

I give you the Rams D' hasn't been stopping people much the first two weeks.

But when you strike with the quickness Warner and Co. can, it stand to reason the other team will get more opportunities.

I see a KC Chiefs team, with NO running game to speak of, getting crushed by the World Champs something like 38-10. I predict it won't be pretty in Kansas City that Sunday.

John M.

Dr. Red
09-11-2000, 03:36 PM
Boy I hope the Chiefs have abandoned gameplanning for the Chargers, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders [those piddling division rivals] . . . and started serious consideration of how they're gonna beat an NFC team over a month from now.

Totally TIC

25or6to4
09-11-2000, 03:41 PM
That wasn't my point, JC. But I appreciate your smart @ss reply just the same.

Just an observation as one who lives in the STL metro east area and gets to see the Rams play every week.

Regardless, I'm still a Chiefs fan.

John M.
jmolina@apci.net<P>

morphius
09-11-2000, 03:48 PM
The season will already be in shambles by the time we get to the St. Louis game. I wouldn't worry about it.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

redshirt32
09-11-2000, 03:56 PM
If we play "Air Coryell" we may still lose but it will be a heck of a lot of fun! And the Chiefs will gain some respect back from the fans...<BR>

Dr. Red
09-11-2000, 04:09 PM
1. TIC stands for "tongue in cheek," indicating a level of levity and good humor intended in the post.

2. Notwitstanding the tone of my post, I stand by the underlying point. It is axiomatic that the surest way to death in the NFL is overlooking an opponent. And we're apoplectic over an opponent from 5 games and a bye away.

This last game was quite the mixture of emotions and analysis. I saw some of the most promising stuff I've seen in a while [the defense [for the most part], the hits, the turnovers, Sly getting into the game even more, "The Freak" getting schooled, Elvis taking charge]. I also saw some of the most disheartening [play-calling, ill-prepared STers, no run ability, a HC sniffing smelling salts for fun]. And it all came down much like I expected.

Last week I predicted to the effect that the loser would score more than 10 and the winner would score less than nineteen, the Titans would have the ball last, and the outcome of the game would depend on the Chiefs' last defensive stand.

People need to realize that Jeff Fisher does this to EVERYBODY. He has mastered what Gun seeks - sticking around 'til the 4th and winning in the end. Throughout his tenure this has been his M.O. And if he doesn't win in the end, he sure makes them all interesting.

Point being, the job of the coaching staff still hasn't changed. ID and highlight the positives, point out and alleviate the negatives, and prepare for the NEXT opponent.

25or6to4
09-11-2000, 05:42 PM
That's cool, JC.

If you were just kidding, I apologize for getting on ya.

peace,

JM