PDA

View Full Version : Denver 2-1 ... this is not the 1999 Broncos!

Ugly Duck
09-17-2000, 05:58 PM
Ugly Duck - I saw your post, thanks.

I thought it was a great game, typical rivalry match up. In the second half, I think Shanny was just kicking FGs b/c it was the Raiders and he had Nedney. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

As for the Chiefs ... kudos!!
I started Morris in my fantasy league b/c Marvin Harrison was on a bye. THREE TDs!!!
Wow ... looks like we could be up for a shootout at Mile High!

Bring it on!!

Denver 37
KC 27

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

------------------
~Brad2K~

lmiller
09-17-2000, 06:02 PM
Brad,

You are right, the 1999 Broncos had a defense.

Thanks for shoveling the dirt on the Raiders today.

Lurker Brett
09-17-2000, 06:03 PM
Brad, they did look good today against the Raiders, and I have been around long enough to hate the Raiders much more than the Broncs. Hope it is a real good game next week, course, hope we end up on top.

Ugly Duck
09-17-2000, 06:10 PM
Cal Injun..
The defense did all right today.
There was a fumble returned for a TD and a blocked punt for a TD. So, I think the defense only allowed 10 pts. I need to check that, but I believe that is right.

Ok - so everyone was telling me all week, wait until Denver plays the Raiders and faces a REAL defense. What do you think about Denver now?

Griese - over 200 yds, 2 TDs no INTs
Anderson - over 180 rushing yds
Ed - 92 yds and a TD
Nedney - 4 FGs and 3 PA

Denver is 2-1 and they have played GREAT on the road this year! If they can win 5 road games, while reclaiming the home field advantage at Mile High ... they're playoff bound.

ROCK ON!!

Clint in Wichita
09-17-2000, 06:16 PM
The Rat has done a terrific job with Griese. And where do you guys keep finding these running backs? I thought you guys showed great poise today as Oakland came storming back to tie it up. Great game! It'll be a tough matchup this upcoming week...

ddpatterson
09-17-2000, 06:25 PM
Hopefully the Donkeys won't be able to retain all of their RBs (Terrell, Gary, Anderson) after this season. However, they'll probably draft another 6th rounder who pans out.

AustinChief
09-17-2000, 06:49 PM
Tough match up next week? Shoot-out next week?

Since when do fans that claim to be so objective lose their heads so quickly?

Chiefs beat the Chargers AT HOME! Well done, probably be hard to find a team in the league that couldn't!

Broncos beat a team that everyone thinks should win the AFC West in their house CONVINCINGLY, and KC fans feel next weeks game might be close.

Again, well done against the chargers! Broncos are the class of not only the AFC West, but possibly the entire AFC.

Yes, there are things the broncos need to work on. ALL TEAMS HAVE THINGS THEY NEED TO WORK ON.

Next weeks game will be a cake walk. But I am glad your team has given all of you KC fans a little hope!<BR>

Chiefaholic
09-17-2000, 07:13 PM
We got beat by the better team today. The Donk's O-line could open the door for any running back in the league to go 180 when the defense misses as many tackles as the Raiders did today. Penalties, turnovers, missed tackles - I feel sick.

But there aren't many cakewalks at Arrowhead. I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Donks. Tighten up against the run and open up the O, use SloMo. You can beat the Donks.....

The-Chief
09-17-2000, 08:21 PM
As a Bronco fan, I'm glad the Chiefs played so well this week, since they were bound to win anyway (Chargers - can everyone say "hapless" now? I new you could). At least now, the Broncos' coaches have some film to look at and see the Chiefs actually playing up to their potential; that's a lot better than having them come in with Morris still a mystery man.

Devin Vierth
09-17-2000, 08:25 PM
Brad,

Kudo's as well. Now it has the possibility of really being a game. I picked the next game with the Bronc's as being one of KC's loss. I now feel we have a decent chance. It should at least be fun.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

chiefsfan58
09-17-2000, 10:04 PM
The broncos will go down next weekend. You heard it here first. This chiefs D is good and they are improving.

Stuckinbama
09-17-2000, 10:49 PM
Bronco Fan
I LOVE the OVERCONFIDENCE! Remember all the 3-peat chants??? Cake Walk?? History dictates that the games between the Chiefs and Donx, EVEN in Mile High, are MOST ALWAYS CLOSE. Remember the '98 "cake walk" at MILE HIGH?? Our WORST team in years gave your Donx almost more than they could handle!! Anyone knows that the Donx should win the game - but WHAT IF the lose?? The presure is on. We shall see!!!<P>

Ugly Duck
09-18-2000, 07:08 AM
True - the pressure is on both teams.
A KC win ties it up at 2-2. A Denver win creates a lot of breathing room and a nice divisional start for the Broncos!

I believe it will be a tight game. The Oakland was definitely not a cake walk. KC will not be a cake walk either.

Anyone that thinks it will be a cake walk is just talking out of their arse... I don't believe that KC will win and will shocked if they did, but anything can happen.

Gunther just better worry about Mike Anderson, plus Terrell may be back - I like the fact that Shanahan didn't force him back in and I truly hope his ankle is not as bad as I fear. The longer Davis stays out, the better he will be and the better the Broncos will be when he is at 100%!

KC played a great game, but c'mon - they should have won that game anyway. Denver is bound to lose a few games that they shouldn't, but I don't believe this will be one of those weeks!

Denver 37
KC 27

------------------
~Brad2K~

chiefs2034
09-18-2000, 09:16 AM
I wonder if the DONKS will come out
of thier locker room with Vaseline on their
uniforms!!!!!!!!!!! It gives them the mental edge.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Ugly Duck
09-18-2000, 09:17 AM
I wonder if KC will come out with their offenisve heads in their butts. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

chiefs2034
09-18-2000, 09:19 AM
Me too, but I know we won't have vaseline on
our uniforms.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Ugly Duck
09-18-2000, 09:22 AM
Let it go Henry...

Fat Homer
09-18-2000, 09:37 AM
Mile High, props to Griese...he's come a long way since last year...Denver won't be a pushover for anyone this year...my only concern, actually, not a concern since I'm a Chiefs fan, is their D...they've allowed a lot of points...granted...the Rams have a potent offense...but....

I think Sunday will be a game of who's D can stop who...

I'll take the Chiefs.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

It sucks when I have to watch the Broncs and Raiders play...can't the NFL figure a way to allow both teams to lose...but I definitely couldn't have handled the Raiders at 3-0 so I guess the team won that I wanted to win...
------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 09-18-2000).]