PDA

View Full Version : Morphius... I looked for you......

dnvrCHIEFSfn
09-17-2000, 11:13 PM
I waited at gate D for as long as I could, which was only about 10 minutes. So either I was too late, or too early. But I did try to find you. Are you going to any more games this year? I think the only other one I'll be able to make it to is the Carolina game in December. And the Atlanta game. (but that one is in Atlanta).. Anyhow, it would have been great to have seen you. Wasnt it a great game though? I had so much fun.... My first NFL game!!! Yeah!!!!!

milkman
09-18-2000, 07:06 AM
I was down there and didn't find anyone either. Lots of walk bye traffic made it kind of hard as well. next time will have to plan a specific spot. Sorry your guy didn't get to play, but Parker is doing everything he can to help out (grin). I have absolutly no voice this morning, none, natta. It was a great game!

Chiefnj
09-18-2000, 09:18 AM
I was sitting on the ramp by Gate D for about 15 minutes, but left for the seats about 10 minutes before the game. Didn't know what Dr. Red looked liked and didn't see any long-haired goutee types like Morph. But what the hell - WHAT A GAME! We picked an ideal time to journey to Arrowhead, eh? If any Chiefs management types monitor this board, you guys should see about getting me free tickets to every home game, because every time I come down the Chiefs WIN BIG! I hereby officially declare myself to be good luck.

I was thoroughly impressed by the effort. Even though they sucked in the first quarter, they came out throwing and never looked back. I think they had thrown so infrequently that they were a bit confused at first, but boy, when they finally got in the groove, WOW! I know it was just the Chargers, but I have real hope for the season now, something I haven't had in about a month. Let's see how they do against a real team next week. DEATH TO DENVER!

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 09-18-2000).]

milkman
09-18-2000, 09:25 AM
Fraz - I kept looking for a big guy with a small lady and found nothing. I started that just insid eth gate and then went down to the first level and waited around there. I was at gate D1, so I'm hoping that the other gate was not just D, because then I will feel like a REAL moron.

Grbac did look pretty bad in that first quater, but it was like the D knew where he was going to throw it and he was looking going through the progressions, so it was weird. Do you have your voice left? I have nothing.

Chiefnj
09-18-2000, 09:33 AM
Morph, I may have overdescribed myself. While I am a bit large, I'm not the Goodyear Blimp. Oh well, maybe we'll work it out next time. I noticed the Stadium Shop was right by the gate and thought "Gee, that would have been a no-miss place to meet." Oh well.

I'm still a bit giddy from the game yesterday (either that or I'm just punchy from having to get up at 4 freakin' o'clock to catch my flight back to Chicago so the BNC could go to work http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif ). Thank God I've got the day off.

And how about Saurbrun? His kickoffs still need some work (line drive bullets not good) but how about those punts? Pope would need to kick three times to get that much distance. Never saw a punter get that kind of ovation. It was great.

Bring on those evil bastard vaseline-soaked scumbag Broncos! If they thought we'd just lay down and die for them, I think they've got another thing coming.

------------------
Frazod

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 09-18-2000).]

milkman
09-18-2000, 09:41 AM
Fraz - Hmm, sounds like we were right by eachother and just didn't see each other, uggh. I was with 3 other guys and don't know how we missed you.

Anyway, Raye actually called a good game and made a great adjustment after the first quarter. I knew we had a good team, it was just nice to see them show it. I'm excited and ready for the game against the cut blocking donx.

Chiefnj
09-18-2000, 09:47 AM
At one point I yelled down "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU THROW THE BALL?" I don't know if Gun heard me, but I doubt if I was the only one who made such a comment.

If they can keep this up, anything can happen. I don't know if Gun just took the cuffs off Raye or slapped him upside the head, but whatever, I'll take it. Its sad that took two reasonably close losses to get them in gear. Had yesterday's game plan been implemented in week one, I think we'd be 3-0 right now. Oh well on that one, too.

As an early doom preacher, I am happily prepared to eat my crow. What's the best way to prepare crow?

------------------
Frazod

dnvrCHIEFSfn
09-18-2000, 09:50 AM
Morph- ARE YOU GOING TO ANY OTHER GAMES? iT'S OKAY ABOUT HIM NOT PLAYING. I JUST WISH THEY WOULDNT USE HIS INJURY AS AN EXCUSE ANYMORE, BECAUSE HE'S NOT HURT, AND HASNT BEEN FOR A WHILE. OH WELL, I GUESS THATS JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE. I STILL HAD FUN THOUGH.. IT WAS GREAT. GOT TO MEET SOME NEW PEOPLE.. I'LL NEVER FORGET IT. WELL, HOPEFULLY, WE'LL BE ABLE TO HOOK UP AT ANOTHER GAME.

milkman
09-18-2000, 09:57 AM
2034 - I'm not sure what other games I will get to, I'm having to save a little money this year with my first kid on the way. I'm planning on the Raiders game, but other then that it is up in the air. It was a great game. If I make it to any other games it will have to be with some cheap tickets, so we will have to see. It would be great to meet you as well.

Someone else was asking about the injury thing, some fan of his from Texas. He didn't seem to want to believe that he really wasn't injured though. Hopefully he can get out there, I would like to see him play.