PDA

View Full Version : Who scripted our first fifteen plays?

JOhn
09-18-2000, 03:44 PM
There is no denying that something changed.

Until the second quarter it was the same inept playcalling that we've grown accustom to. Oh sure, we threw in a few passes. You remember the typical Chiefs passing game? All routes are either outs or hooks that require the receiver to stop and wait on the ball? It was easy for me to predict that we shouldn't throw more out passes, and it was easy for me to predict that we would.

Then something changed.

We startd passing over the middle. We started using play action. We actually used the pass to set up the run (remember TRich's 18 yard scamper?).

Did someone (Gun/Raye) script the first fifteen plays and stubbornly stick to it even though it cost us seven points (almost more)?... finally to come around and start calling a more balanced game?

Or did Elvis get fed up with the ineptitude (perhaps when another out route was called) and start changing the plays in the huddle?

Luz
i have heard that elvis called all the plays in our two minute offense before the half that netted a td.

Gracie Dean
09-18-2000, 03:45 PM
I did. Sorry about that y'all. I've given up the job, you'll be happy to know.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2000, 03:55 PM
Answer: I think it was Jimmy Raye.<P>

JOhn
09-18-2000, 04:03 PM
Desert Chief,

Then what changed?

Luz
would really like to know the answer to this one...

redshirt32
09-18-2000, 04:15 PM
Desert Chief is Jimmy Raye...

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2000, 04:42 PM
The players started to made plays & the D hung tough.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2000, 04:52 PM
Elvis got smacked...two grunts made a sandwich out of him. He got back up.

I think it was Jimmy Raye who also called THE LAST 15 plays as well. Go figure.

JOhn
09-18-2000, 07:05 PM
I think Elvis changed a lot of plays in the huddle.

I'm not ready to think that JR learned over night how to run a balanced O.

Something changed. And with all of his O team mates praising him... I think he took matters into his own hands.

Luz
how much you want to bet?...

Phobia
09-18-2000, 07:13 PM
Luz: that made me laugh...dare you to post that on the 'ol BB. Today was the circling of the basher wagons.

Some excellent excuses for EG's 5TD performance. Pretty sad that some got it so far up their arse that they cant enjoy this accomplishment, which was the first time for KC since 1967, for just a few moments

JOhn
09-18-2000, 07:19 PM
Titus,

What other bb?

Luz
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif...

Phobia
09-18-2000, 07:24 PM
After Sunday, I had to go over and see what the doom and gloom crowd would be saying--like I didnt know ahead of time.

I broke my rule and posted...oh well, I just couldnt resist.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2000, 09:01 PM
Don't try to think about it too hard Luzap --you may jinx Grbac for another 5 years