PDA

View Full Version : Lockett?

Gaz
09-18-2000, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know why Lockett is getting so little PT? Is it the emergence of Cat and the extra TEs or is he out of favour with Gun after the "resigning" thing in the media?

I have to run, but I'll check back later. Thanks. BTW, sorry if this has already been discussed, I haven't been reading that much lately.

Gracie Dean
09-18-2000, 03:36 PM
I hadn't noticed the reduced PT. Maybe he just isn't getting as many looks. I'm still convinced he ran a slow route at the end of the Titans game. That 4th down pass was where it needed to be but Lockett spent to much time stuttering at the line. Maybe it's a timing/gelling thing with Elvis.

Gaz
09-18-2000, 10:51 PM
Thanks Phil. He does seem to be getting shuffled down the depth chart. I'd like to see him get back in the rotation........it's a shame to have pass-catching ability like that on the bench.

bishop_74
09-19-2000, 08:36 AM
One thing I noticed is when Elvis threw the interception for the TD last week Lockett was just as much to blame as Elvis.

The blitz was on and it looked to me that Lockett was late in looking for the ball.

Very unimpressive.

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 09-19-2000).]

Bwana
09-19-2000, 09:27 AM
I would disagree that Lockett was at fault with that INT. EG stood in the pocket too long and had time to make a decsion and roll to his left. However, he did what he normally does and maintains his position without much movement. Bad decision from EG, IMO.

Lockett was running an out pattern, I don't think he could have done much different.