PDA

View Full Version : ELVIS-ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

gh4chiefs
09-17-2000, 11:23 PM
Yes it was only 1-game but hell give the man creidt. once jimmy and gunther and others decided to Open up the O-the real elvis came to play. like i have allways said if you run 100 plays a game and 85 of them are runs you will not winn unless you have a STUD-RB that we dont have so lets AIRRRRR ITTTT OUTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!

gh4chiefs
09-18-2000, 05:56 PM
Oh i get it you guys would rather reply to a topic about empty seats or were the best BBQ is???? well now i understand. HA HA HA HA.

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!

Hoover
09-18-2000, 09:59 PM
I've seen the "deer in the lights" look before, the "what route is he running" look (not why did I throw it into triple coverage). He is better, but he is not in the top 10 QB's in the NFL and not a "Montana" type QB. The perception is that he is not a "fiery" leader something that every team needs from time to time. Great game, good QB, but not a stellar QB. We can always hope..., sometimes perception is reality, sometimes not.

[This message has been edited by Oxford (edited 09-18-2000).]

milkman
09-18-2000, 10:06 PM
Oxford - Oddly he is ranked number nine in the NFL passer rating (grin).

milkman
09-18-2000, 10:18 PM
Oxford - To even add to that Grbac has more TD passes then any other QB in the league right now.

Hoover
09-19-2000, 06:50 AM
Point taken. I just look at the rhythm of the Chief's offense, time in the huddle, crispness of the drop and 2 minute drill. It's not there and that bothers me considering he is 30 years old. He may be a "Testaverde" type that took almost his whole career to figure it out. I have always said that QB's should call the 2 minute drill on the field to give them better control of the clock. Maybe he would get better if he had that responsibility...... not bashing, just looking at his cap number next year and wondering.............

Lurker Brett
09-19-2000, 07:39 AM
Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News name EG Offensive Player of the Week. In regards to his cap number, that will be changed considerably with his new contract. Yes Grbashers, he will be here for a long time. The only two FA QBs on the market, that I know of now, are Trent Green,STL, and Brad Johnson, WAS. After last night, lets hope Johnson signs elsewhere.

JOhn
09-19-2000, 07:53 AM
Oxford,

Elvis did call the plays in our two minute drill. It ended the first half with our go-ahead TD.

Reportedly, he called a lot more plays than that. Rumor has it that he changed a LOT of plays in the huddle.

Regardless, from his team mates comments after the game, it's obvious that they believe in him.

Luz
at least to me...

gh4chiefs
09-20-2000, 10:50 AM
ELVIS called all the plays in the second half, and all JIMMY could do i sit and watch what he couldnt do. so lets continue this and then THE REAL ELVIS WILL STEP UP!!!!!!

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!

Hoover
09-20-2000, 11:11 AM
I doubt seriously that Elvis called every play in the 2nd half. A scenario:

If he did overrule every call, and that should not have been done then Gunther must dicipline him or JR's authority is gone.

If he has been able to do this for all his time here and hasn't, now maybe we are seeing some maturation on EG's part.

My bet is that plays were changed within the structure of the gameplan and the personnel on the field.

I can't see GC allowing what amounts to insubordination on the QB's part, unless JR is running the "O" and GC has no say at all.

Quarterback
09-20-2000, 11:44 AM
People are always complaining that EG isn't a franchise QB. OK, fine, lets look at the other 'franchise' QB's in the league.

1. Farve. No question in my book
2. Aikman. Always considered him overated.
3. Brunnel. Seems to vanish in big games.
4. Manning. Could be time will tell.
5. Warner. See Manning.
6. Bledsoe. Good, not 'franchise' in Montanna terms.

If I've left anyone out I stand corrected but that ends my list of people I'd even consider. Of that list I only have one franchise QB.

The take home here is that franchise QB's are a rare commodity and EG not being one isn't that big of a strike. EG is a good to excellent system QB. He's dependent on his system and supporting cast. But what QB isn't.

WarPaint
09-20-2000, 11:47 AM
Seems to me that Favre's brilliance has faded since Holmgren left.
Which makes me wonder, how good would Favre have been in KC's system if CP had traded for him when he was available?
------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

The SitCom must die!!

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 09-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 09-20-2000).]

Hoover
09-20-2000, 02:07 PM
ck_In.. I agree with your list. I think there are few franchise QB's. That takes a blend of tangible/intangible qualities.

Montana would have been less effective in a "classic" pass offense. What happened was Walsh found a guy that had the intangibles and his system and imagination fit him to a "T". In some sense, Montana was a "system" quarterback.

Elway (for example) was NEVER a system QB. He relied on raw physical ability to carry that club until they got a supporting cast. But they still relied on "HorseFace" to carry that club when the chips were down.

gh4chiefs
09-20-2000, 05:29 PM
MARINO AND ELWAY were both franchise QBs ELVIS might not ever be one but he is a good QB in the correct system.

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!