PDA

View Full Version : Kitna is way too scared ....

Buzzbait
10-02-2000, 11:58 PM
Kitna takes way too many sacks!!

Elvis forced that first TD to Gonzales...I would like to have seen Kitna somewhere between Elvis's gambles and Kitna's fright..

Good game Chiefs, IMO you just took the drivers seat in the division...Congrats.....Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-03-2000).]

KCWolfman
10-03-2000, 12:00 AM
Thanks, Joe.

BTW, put some serious whuppin's on the Raiders and the Bronco's when you get the chance for us. We'll try to return the favor for you http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

ColoradoChief
Classy as usual, Joe. Great game. Kind of slow with all the @#$*&$% penalties, though. You've got a hell of a rushing attack.

Mile High Mania
Joe, nice to see you. I knew you'd show up company or not. You're a good Hawk fan. I'll tell you, Seattle has an impressive rushing duo. I'd give my right arm for either of those two (Alexander's youth preferred). Great game, both teams looked good in different phases of the game. See you in Seattle in a few weeks!

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 10-03-2000).]

Gaz
10-03-2000, 12:04 AM
Hard luck Joe, I wasn't feeling happy at all through most of that game. It'll be tough when we go up there. I thought we'd never stop your ground game.

Elvis did force both of those TDs through multiple Seahawk jerseys, but they were both great throws and catches as it turns out.....whew!

Chiefnj
10-03-2000, 12:05 AM
Thanks, Joe. I know this is a tough loss for you. We were due, though.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

JC777
10-03-2000, 12:05 AM
Very nice, mister Joe. I will say this - I hate Rickey Watters, and I can give no higher praise to an opponent. Guy has the heart of a lion. Good game.

KCCory
10-03-2000, 12:06 AM
"See you in Seattle in a few weeks!"

where we gonna get our a!ses whipped if we continue to play like this - may I add. I can't believe how many penalties, missed tackles, mental errors. Lack of emotion in the first half was very noticable as well.
If we don't shore up the run defense the Rams and Seattle will put 850 yards each.
Trying to strip the ball instead of making the tackle ain't gonna cut it on the road.

Great win, anyways

GO CHIEFS

AustinChief
10-03-2000, 12:08 AM
Thanx Joe, it was a monkey to get off our backs. You are a gentleman as always.

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 12:09 AM
Cormac,
Thats what kills me....Kitna was so scared to throw the ball....

Elvis meanwhile played aggressive and made the plays that needed to be made.. Elvis did a nice job tonight, HE WASN'T SCARED!!

Good job, although I still think the TD to Gonzales was a bad decision, it worked out..

AustinChief
10-03-2000, 12:10 AM
Joe - I heard an interview earlier, where Kitna stated he would rather take a sack than take a chance on the longball. I knew then that the QB crunching would occur.

On a side note, Shaun Alexander scares me. For a rookie, he is a phenom, and will only get better.

Devin Vierth
10-03-2000, 12:13 AM
Joe,

Class act as usual from you and your team. I think you got a number of victories ahead this season. Hopefully not one against the Chiefs. Beat the rest of the division.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

ColoradoChief
10-03-2000, 12:16 AM
Come on, Joe you know that was a TD. Never touched the ground. The call you're probably really angry about is the non-call for PI when the DB was draped all over Sylvester. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 12:16 AM
When we had you backed up to the three in the third quarter, I was just sure J.R. was going to call a few runs and a punt....Good job , Kudos to JR for showing some spine....That was what turned the game around.....Joe

JOhn
10-03-2000, 12:17 AM
Ditto Joe,

You're a class act... and you have a very good team.

Luz
here's hoping you're NOT in the AFC West after realignment!...

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 12:20 AM
Graeme, no doubt it was a Touchdown, I never intended to doubt that...What I was saying was
He threw a pass that should not have been thrown and got away with it. double coverage Bad decision IMO..But hey Our QB was afraid to take any risk whatsoever, so I would rather be in your shoes!!... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Touchdown Ted
10-03-2000, 12:25 AM
Scared isn't the word i'd use for the look on his face when his bomb was intercepted with 29 seconds left....................

ColoradoChief
10-03-2000, 12:27 AM
I like the guts Grbac showed on that play. The LBs head wasn't turned so I think it was a good decision. I won't fault a QB for having too much balls. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 10-03-2000).]

egonzo
10-03-2000, 12:28 AM
Kitna did look scared, unlike last season...

Getting to see the dome implode and the shot of the New Stadium was cool!

Touchdown Ted
10-03-2000, 12:31 AM
That wasn't ment as a dig Joe..what your 2 respective teams just played,was a good old fashion down to the wire nail biting foot ball game. Prop's to both sides.

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 12:32 AM
G-man, somewhere between Forcing it , and being afraid to throw it is what we all
strive for... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif.....Joe

DAMMIT!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-03-2000).]

Chiefaholic
10-03-2000, 12:38 AM
Your Hawks let one get away, Joe (well, the Chiefs kinda took it from you). Now the Raiders will have to come out of Arrowhead with a win at 5-1 just to stay on top in the AFC West. The first Seahawk-Raider game will probably be switched to Seattle because of the A's playoff schedule. We'll have 4 divsion road games in a row, and we have to win at Arrowhead to keep the division lead. Your Seahawks just made life tougher for Raider fans with this loss. Shame on you....

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 12:42 AM
Duck, I think Kitna may have lost his job after this one....I mean really, Isn't it obvious yet? We need to see what Huard has..So we can decide what to do with our 2 first rounders...This game was pivotal, and Kitna must take the majority of the blame simply too scared to make a mistake......Joe

still pissed!
but not too pissed http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

gonzo88
10-03-2000, 03:45 AM
Spoken like a gentleman and a scholar.

Trash talk is fun but its nice to see the other side as well.

[This message has been edited by Otter (edited 10-03-2000).]

Stuckinbama
10-03-2000, 04:34 AM
Joe,
I don't think it was all Kitna's fault. Doesn't Holmgren have him on a very short leash? I was surprised by his lack of arm strength tough - I thought he had a good arm? I remember all those ropes he threw in Euro NFL. anyway, I HATED to see Alexander tear us up on the ground only because I think he would look better in RED. I went on record as saying before the draft that Alexander was the BEST RB. I cursed Holmgren when Alexander was taken a slot before KC's pick. The future is bright for him and Seattle. You have one of the top coaches in the NFL, a future star at RB and maybe even Drew Bledsoe on the way. Very SCARY!!!!!

milkman
10-03-2000, 08:12 AM
Joe - Actually on that TD to Gonzo he had the defender turned around and the other player didn't have much of a chance to make a play on the ball. A little forced, but the defender really didn't have a good chance for a pick.

Kitna's leash was pretty short again last night, and as I feared, the dink and dunk passing worked pretty good against our soft protect the rookie zone D.

Holmgren called a pretty good game, but for some reason I always felt like the Chiefs would come back. Boy, was Arrowhead a rockin in the 4th quater.

homebizy
10-03-2000, 08:16 AM
Joe,

You guys have a serious QB problem. If I were Holmgren, I would have made the Chiefs game Kitna's last as a starter. He sucks. That critical five yard pass to Fauria is a simple toss. Plus, he had his receiver wide open on his last pass attempt and was woefully short.

I cant see Holmgren putting up with this mediocrity to much longer. Like Holmgren said "I dont want to be 8-8 my entire life"

Buzzbait
10-03-2000, 09:03 AM
Ken,
I agree completely!

How do we run so well and still lose?

Phobia
10-03-2000, 09:07 AM
I was shocked at the houdini act our LB's put on most of the first half. It seemed to me, we forced them to pass later in the game and that effectively shut them down. I was wondering why we didnt force them to pass from the beginning.

JOhn
10-03-2000, 09:13 AM
KCTitus,

You're reading my mind.

I am euphoric about the win, but after the adrenalin drops (probably sometime on Thursday http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif), I want to have a serious discussin about our playcalling.

You pointed out the D's Jeckle and Hyde nature, our O playcalling the first 20 minutes of the game was no better. What's going on?

We pitched wide to Cloud once in the first half and it gave us a first down, so of course, we don't run another wide play until the secong half!

Luz
would like to know who's calling what when...

[This message has been edited by Luzap (edited 10-03-2000).]

Lurker Brett
10-03-2000, 09:25 AM
Now that the Chiefs are almost officially out of the Michael Vick/Drew Brees Derby, look for Holmgren to start drooling over his new QB whether it be one of them, or Drew Bledsoe. I agree with Joe, he needs to find out about Huard now, not later. Speaking of wierd scenarios, should Elvis continue his level of play through the season, can you see him and his agent, walking into Carls office and saying "Now, about that 10 mil." Doubt if we hear any sit down and shut the ---- up, commands from CP.

Phobia
10-03-2000, 09:38 AM
kcred: Just a thought here...but if re-negotiating the 10 Mil keeps KC from losing to much of their existing talent, wouldnt that be in the best interest of EG?

The 10M wont be paid just like last years 10M wont be paid just like Sly's 5th year is supposed to be 5M if he has 800+ receiving yards the first four years.

Like last year, he will renegotiate the contract and will probably get some sort of bonus again this year that they can prorate.

Lurker Brett
10-03-2000, 09:53 AM
Titus, I know it will be renegotiated, I just was trying to be humorous. But he definitely is going to be in the drivers seat in negotiations.

TEX
10-03-2000, 10:02 AM
I'll admit that I thought the Chiefs were on the ropes at halftime....very little emotion on the good guy side of the ball.

Shaun Alexander is going to be the real deal...that guy can run.

I wish he was a Chief.

Kitna should be scared as many times a game as he is getting whacked...He must know its a matter of time before he gets hurt.

Gaz
10-03-2000, 10:55 AM
Iowanian,

Kitna is scared alright......but at times he was too scared to run/throw, so he waited for the sack. A few of the sacks he couldn't have avoided, but there were a couple that took 5 seconds to develop. The guy's confidence looks rock-bottom.

Phobia
10-03-2000, 11:00 AM
red: True, he will be, but by the same token, he knows he needs talent around him to be successful as he is.