PDA

View Full Version : Do I see former President Clinton speaking politics in a church on C-Span?

Mosbonian
08-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I thought there was supposed to be some sort of push by all to maintain a separation of Church and State? I thought we weren't supposed to use the church to espouse political views?

mmaddog

mlyonsd
08-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Yes, they showed him on the NBC news tonight also. Not really sure why he's relevant this week, other then the fact the left media wants to keep him in the limelight to steal some thunder from the Republican convention. Not that they are biased or anything.

Mosbonian
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
It was the Riverside Church in NYC....

Wasn't this supposed to be something that wasn't allowed.....weren't there groups sending people into the churches in KC to make sure that there were no sermons that "political advertisements"....

mmaddog

Michael Michigan
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Libs talk politics from the pulpit all the time.

It's usually in a "black" church. Typical double standard.

mlyonsd
08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I wonder if it would be in bad taste to heckle Clinton in a chuch.

Michael Michigan
08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
I wonder if it would be in bad taste to heckle Clinton in a chuch.

Clinton was just there to pick up chicks.

KC Jones
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
You guys remind me of school in the summer time

no class :shake:

Matt Helm
08-29-2004, 08:05 PM

That would have been funny if you had qualified it in the proper manner.

You guys remind me of the republican party when the dems are having summer school to catch up on political correctness..

No class. The dems on the other hand are attending all the classes they can to try to catch up with the rest of the free thinking world.

Mosbonian
08-29-2004, 08:37 PM

You still didn't answer my question...isn't one of the fundamental platforms of Liberals to separate church & state?

But yet it's OK for ex-President Clinton to speak at Riverside Church and intermingle politics and the Bible.....

So unless you watched the speech/sermon calling anyone classless shows your ignorance on this topic.

mmaddog

KCWolfman
08-30-2004, 11:31 AM
You still didn't answer my question...isn't one of the fundamental platforms of Liberals to separate church & state?

But yet it's OK for ex-President Clinton to speak at Riverside Church and intermingle politics and the Bible.....

So unless you watched the speech/sermon calling anyone classless shows your ignorance on this topic.

mmaddog
And they won't.

Evidently the Dem Goons for Parsed Speech in Church don't go to houses of worship where Democrats are speaking to the congregation.

Mosbonian
09-01-2004, 09:59 PM
I want to bring this back to the front to see if any of our resident libs will finally answer.....I thought there was supposed to be a separation of church & state?

mmaddog

Mosbonian
09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm going to keep lifting this to the top till someone from the Liberal side of the market answers.....

mmaddog

KCWolfman
09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Looking for one honest man before Sodom and Gomorrah are brought down, mmaddog with his lamp knows it is a lost cause.

Mosbonian
09-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Looking for one honest man before Sodom and Gomorrah are brought down, mmaddog with his lamp knows it is a lost cause.

Now that's funny....ROFL

KCWolfman
09-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Now that's funny....ROFL
Truth is funnier than fiction.

Of course, I do secretly desire that Denise looks back when it is blown up.

KCWolfman
09-17-2004, 03:45 PM
No answer from the left? Especially Duhnise who defended the spylike actions of the left?

DenverChief
09-18-2004, 01:58 AM
No answer from the left? Especially Duhnise who defended the spylike actions of the left?

wouldn't he be a "former" president? therefore no political office? surely even you could see this thread is a flawed argument

KCWolfman
09-18-2004, 02:26 AM
wouldn't he be a "former" president? therefore no political office? surely even you could see this thread is a flawed argument
What flaw? What does his occupation have to do with speaking politics during service? Surely even you should know the law.

The KC Star had an article stating that there were democrat spies in churches awaiting to inform the federal government of any ministry during service advising the congregation of any specific way to vote for any candidate. Such a breach would be a reason to remove their tax exempt status. Even allusions to candidates were listed as legitimate reasons for removal of said status.

Slick Willie was preaching the democrat ticket illegally during a service.

Now that you are armed with ALL the information instead of just your horrid assumptions, what is your informed opinion on the topic?

oldandslow
09-18-2004, 08:43 AM
OK-

I'll Play. I guess I am a pseudo-liberal

I think Churches should be places of worship, not politics. I would not go to a church that attempted to be political. We all know what happened to Judas - the political zealot.

Having said that, I am not about to tell anyone what they can or cannot say. Your pastor/priest wants to preach politics that's fine by me. However, I do think that tax exempt status should be removed from both left and right churches when they become Political Action Committees.

Just my opinion.

Matt Helm
09-18-2004, 11:32 AM
OK-

I'll Play. I guess I am a pseudo-liberal

I think Churches should be places of worship, not politics. I would not go to a church that attempted to be political. We all know what happened to Judas - the political zealot.

Having said that, I am not about to tell anyone what they can or cannot say. Your pastor/priest wants to preach politics that's fine by me. However, I do think that tax exempt status should be removed from both left and right churches when they become Political Action Committees.

Just my opinion.

I think the proper political commentary in any church should be:

Register and vote as you believe...........................but vote.