PDA

View Full Version : That was Grbac's best game as a Chief IMO…

redbrian
10-03-2000, 10:04 AM
His passes for the most part were on the money. He was aggressive and made excellent decisions.

I've gotta admit that he is in the process of making me eat my words. Although, I am still reserving judgement until the season is over. But right now he looks like a probowl QB. <BR>

JOhn
10-03-2000, 10:11 AM
I realize that he's not in the Pro Bowl yet, but I think he performing at the level that some of us felt he was capable of.

Glad to see your objectivety Cannibal. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Luz
we'll make a conservative out of you yet... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

redbrian
10-03-2000, 10:18 AM
I'm just giving credit where it's due.

But I am not totally convinced. I want to see this type play the entire season.

I do like what I'm seeing a lot though.

It's a totally different Grbac. He's got a lot of confidence right now.<BR>

Phobia
10-03-2000, 10:22 AM
Helluva game it was. Im glad that EG has finally put together a good run. He's using all three of his receivers--Cat, DA, Gonzo effectively.

His confidence showed up on that Gonzo TD. Brave throw, IMO. Good to see the passing game come together. With all three making plays, notice how one each week has had the 'big' game, it eliminates the constant double coverage on each one. That in turn opens up the running game.

redbrian
10-03-2000, 10:31 AM
I liked the fact that Elvis was AGGRESSIVE!

Those were some of the hardest throws I've ever seen from Grbac. <P>

redbrian
10-03-2000, 10:33 AM
Quick decisions and hard, accurate throws, that's what I like to see from a QB.

TracyT
10-03-2000, 10:33 AM
Just Few things I observed (watching TV)

Very few Blimp shots showing Arrowhead and the 'K' together.

The penalties HAVE to be addressed, or we may not be so lucky next time.

Grbac is finally getting some credit and face time now that our ground game is inconsistent.

I dont know if I want to punch Gun or kiss him.

We never ran the ball at the right time in the 1st half.

We cant let opposing teams run up the middle.

I'm even more frightened about the prospect of the Rams coming to town.

Stoyanovich must be gone after this season. In fact, I fired him last night.

Cat was interfered with on a pass attempt and it wasn't called. The defender hit him like 2 seconds before the ball arrived.

I already hate this "taunting" rule.

Kimble has passion

I went to bed with a headache an an uneasy feeling. I only had 3 beers.

I was proud of the KC fans and their noise, Arrowhead was the center of the universe last night.

Go Chiefs

------------------
A Chiefs/Royals/Jayhawks Fan Living Where Cowboys/Rangers/Longhorns Fans Live...Help!

Phobia
10-03-2000, 10:34 AM
yes, the attacking offense was missing the first couple of weeks. It was good to see the offense used for it intended purpose, move the ball and score points.

Clint in Wichita
10-03-2000, 10:45 AM
C_R_P:

http://www.chiefszone.com/images/100300/chief.lede2.jpg

Not too many people in the K, thus I guess they felt it didn't really warrant a shot. But damn does our sports complex look good or what?

BigChiefsFan
10-03-2000, 10:51 AM
Pants--I was at the game, and here are my thoughts...

There were no blimp shots of both stadiums because of the "embarrassing" turn-out at the K. I put that in quotes 'cse the attempt to break the record was embarrassment enough.

The referee crew last night is one of the worst in the league. They pick one team and focus in on them. There is no way in hell we should've been called that many times...and the SeaBags that few.

Grbac scares me...he is threading the needle, but those passes were intercepted last year. If Koonce could turn his head, he would've had 2 INTs. Beautiful job though...Elvis is slinging it in there and they're catching it.

Punch Gun, then kiss him. Then tell him to use the pass to set up the run...that's what's working.

We couldn't run the ball in the first half...don't know why, just couldn't get it done.

Run defense sucks. Needs fixin'. 'Nough said.

How to stop the Rams? Pray for rain ala Seattle 3 years ago. It's the only way to slow them down.

Stoyo should be taken out back and shot. He and his Geritol should've been run out-of-town after the Raiders last year. The ghost of Lin Elliot will haunt us forever, it seems.

Again, the refs suck.

The taunting rule is a joke...it's like the rule banning dancing in the end zone. Let the guys have fun and talk some smack...it makes for great competition.

Kimble is the best all-around back on the Chiefs roster. He didn't gain a yard and we all cheered. He deserves to get the ball until he can't run anymore...he's earned it.

Excedrin is the best hangover medicine. That and lots of water. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I haven't heard Arrowhead that loud since San Fran a few years ago...it was beautiful, if not a little inconsistent. Unless we're down by 35 points, the noise after the 2nd TD should always be like that...is used to be.

GO CHIEFS!!

Mark M
--Too busy at work and home to be a regular

Shootr
10-03-2000, 10:54 AM
"Run defense sucks. Needs fixin'. 'Nough said."

I think the problem with the Chiefs run defense is the defenders aren't staying in their lanes and when they are gettting a chance to make a tackle they don't "wrap 'em up and drop 'em"

------------------
bk

Clint in Wichita
10-03-2000, 10:57 AM
Mark,
The refs did miss some calls, esp the PI on Cat and the facemask on Cloud, but I give them major props for having the gonads to overturn that call on the field that Gunther challenged. I don't know how many refs would have had the bals to admit they were wrong on a play that close...

BigChiefsFan
10-03-2000, 11:03 AM
bkkcoh--

You hit it right on the head...most of the big runs Seattle got took advantage of over-pursuit by Browning & Hicks. And the tackling is atrocious (sp? I got two English degrees but still can't spell!) To watch our safties bounce off of RBs is painful and getting old real, real fast.

Mark M
--Will I ever have the time to be a regular?

milkman
10-03-2000, 11:08 AM
Actually no blimp shots of anything, because there was no blimp. As close as Bob Dole, Cathy, Shannon and I could determine was that the great sucking sound from Denver's Bronco's made it too windy for the lighter then air craft to fly over the stadum. Instead they used some sort of glider/airplane to get the overhead picks.

BigChiefsFan
10-03-2000, 11:11 AM
Wolf--

Definitely...great call...however, every game that crew does is slanted one way or the other, never consistent. I hate to be one of those fans that blames the refs, but, jeez, if you want to be on camera most of the night, get a broadcasting job. Those guys had more face time than the QBs.

BigChiefsFan
10-03-2000, 11:13 AM
Morph--

What was Bob Dole's sign? (off the subject, but curious).

Mark M
--Getting closer to being a regular

Clint in Wichita
10-03-2000, 11:56 AM
As I remember, he said it was

Abolish
Back by
Committee

CHIEF1
10-03-2000, 12:24 PM
Somebody needs to call the Guinness book people 'cuz Grbac's sac is huuuuge!! Did you see that laser beam to Tony G?!?!? I actually think that one gave me a grey hair. Wow. Bang zoom!! GO CHIEFS!!!

milkman
10-03-2000, 12:49 PM
Mark - He had the one Wolf told you about and another one that for some reason has slipped my mind, something about the crowd.

Phobia
10-03-2000, 12:51 PM
morph: america's best crowd.

TracyT
10-03-2000, 01:09 PM
MarkM and Wolf,
Thanks for your replies