PDA

View Full Version : Bullsh&t calls!!!

Herzig
09-10-2000, 01:56 PM
They call interfernece on Alexander after 4 BLATENT PI's all game committed by Tenn? Smells like home-cooked refs to me.

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 01:58 PM
Every game...EVERY TIME.

Herzig
09-10-2000, 01:59 PM
Take a look at those 4 WR screens by
tenn and you'll see obvius PI. Alexander was bumping HIS man!! How can that be a pick play?

Herzig
09-10-2000, 02:00 PM
Take a look at those 4 WR screens by
tenn and you'll see obvius PI. Alexander was bumping HIS man!! How can that be a pick play?

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 02:07 PM
You can call me a homer, but the refs gave this game to the Titans. Bad calls throughout this debacle.

redshirt32
09-10-2000, 02:14 PM
This game falls directly on GUNTHER and the 3 STOOGES...not the refs, not the ST, not the Defense. This game shows that GC has absolutely no clue as to what he is doing. We gave away a chance at 3 points early in the game to try and get 7 with a play that everyone in the stadium and viewing audience knew was coming.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

Herzig
09-10-2000, 02:19 PM
I'm not absolving Gun and the coaching staff (66 yards rushing?), but look at the tape. On four, count 'em FOUR, different occasions the Tiatns ran a Wr screen and Wychek clearly ran to the outside QB to block him BEFORE the football was thrown. It's as easy penalty to call as there is in the game.

Then when Alexander bumps HIS man of the line (within five yards mind you) he gets called for a pick. Like the title says, that's BULLSH*T!!!

Herzig
09-10-2000, 02:19 PM
I'm not absolving Gun and the coaching staff (66 yards rushing?), but look at the tape. On four, count 'em FOUR, different occasions the Tiatns ran a Wr screen and Wychek clearly ran to the outside QB to block him BEFORE the football was thrown. It's as easy penalty to call as there is in the game.

Then when Alexander bumps HIS man of the line (within five yards mind you) he gets called for a pick. Like the title says, that's BULLSH*T!!!

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 02:22 PM
What about the late hit out of bounds? We get called, they don't. Their very first third down drive was short by a half yard. We are earmarked, it's obvious every game we play in.

redshirt32
09-10-2000, 02:23 PM
I agree on the illegal picks, but they didn't call them last week on the Colts, so why weren't we ready to defend that play this week?

We are stuck in a time warp with this team with Jimmy raye as the OC and KS as the DC. I am joining the CAN GUNTHER movement.

mmaddog

------------------

AustinChief
09-10-2000, 02:24 PM
Yes, you are right. It was all the refs' fault... Had nothing to do with our play calling or coaching... Nope... Damn those refs... They followed us around the league for 8 straight losses (including preseason)...<BR>

Herzig
09-10-2000, 02:25 PM
This isn't meant to be a post about conspiracies, just really sh*tty officiating. In addition to the PI against Alexander (and lack thereof on four occassions on Wycheck)Patton's PI was bogu as well. I didn't see a foul, but even if there was the ball was way overthrown.

Herzig
09-10-2000, 02:26 PM
This isn't meant to be a post about conspiracies, just really sh*tty officiating. In addition to the PI against Alexander (and lack thereof on four occassions on Wycheck)Patton's PI was bogu as well. I didn't see a foul, but even if there was the ball was way overthrown.

mlyonsd
09-10-2000, 02:31 PM
We played good enough to win, we played better and harder than the Titans. The playcalling was suspect at times, and acceptable at others. I was impressed with our D until the last two series. One play which didn't go over easy with me was our last offensive play. When Grbac threw to Kevin Lockett incomplete with 3 defenders around him. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Lockett's facemask was clearly grabbed and pulled....but I guess you can't get all the calls. We should have won, but didn't get it in the end.

htismaqe
09-10-2000, 02:49 PM
Bob Dole noticed the facemask and screamed about it in the large ongoing game thread.

redbrian
09-10-2000, 02:56 PM
The most costly penalty of the game was Grbac's obvious intentional grounding. They were almost in FG position at the time.

What a killer!!

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

htismaqe
09-10-2000, 02:57 PM
At that point, they were nowhere near FG position, Clint.

Stoyo is only good inside the 20.

redbrian
09-10-2000, 02:59 PM
True, but it was still a bonehead, game-changing penalty.

shakesthecat
09-10-2000, 03:00 PM
Yo, Clint, why am I not surprised you turned this into an attack on Grbac.

Herzig
09-10-2000, 03:00 PM
Game-changing? Hardly. He had SlyMo out on the flat. Tough call IMHO. They would've still needed 20 yards to get in Stoyo's weak-*** range.

redshirt32
09-10-2000, 03:03 PM
Clint:

I can't believe you actually think that was I-G....

mmaddog

------------------

redbrian
09-10-2000, 03:05 PM
It was intentional grounding, obviously, since the throw was about 10 yards-out-of bounds. The Chiefs were in Titan territory at the time, but lost 10 yards AND a down! How this isn't a game-breaking penalty I don't know.

Stoyo DEFINITELY deserves the lion's share of the blame for this loss, however, as do the people the should've replaced him in the offseason!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 09-10-2000).]

Iron Chef
09-10-2000, 03:14 PM
Donkhater,

Your exactly right on those wide receiver screens. They were blocking downfield before the ball is ever thrown.

Then the Offensive PI on Alexander in the 5 yard area was a joke.

Herzig
09-10-2000, 03:18 PM
I haven't looked at the tape, I saw them as they happened. they got nearly half their yardage off those picks and it was SO OBVIOUS! I started to wonder if there was a rule change since the officials weren't calling them. Don't think for a minute that those plays were significant. They kept the TD drive alive two times on 3rd down. Got was that infuriating. Finnally Mark May said something about it, but that was on the 3rd offense.

redbrian
09-10-2000, 03:23 PM
If Stoyo makes that chip shot, the Chiefs win 17-14 in regulation, even with the picks.

Herzig
09-10-2000, 03:36 PM
The chip shot was in the first half. Any change in the score would've changes the ebb-and flow of the game. Strategies and decisions change. But he should've made it.

redbrian
09-10-2000, 03:44 PM
Stoyo is a little wussy that should've been dumped during the offseason. He deserves about 90% of the blame for this loss, IMO.

He must've earned Gun's loyalty this summer!

------------------

Herzig
09-10-2000, 03:53 PM
Maybe Raye gave him copies of those incriminating photos he has of Gunther!!!

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 03:57 PM
Clint, you can't call Grbac a WUSS anymore...After that sandwich by Kearse and Fulton, he was twisted like a pretzle. Plus the scrambling, out the pocket, making things happen...Besides, he didn't get rid of the ball to avoid the sack...This game was ours, until the refs got involved.

redbrian
09-10-2000, 03:59 PM
Grbac did nothing to lose the game. He was adequate. Stoyo should be cut by now.

------------------

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 04:01 PM
C'mon, Clint...I KNOW you saw that play...His play is the only thing keeping us from being blown out...

redbrian
09-10-2000, 04:04 PM
The defense kept us in the game, Stoyo lost it for us.

------------------

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2000, 04:06 PM
I agree...how far was the kick against the Raiders, and 36 yards today...WEAK. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif