PDA

View Full Version : Official Bush Bounce Thread

RINGLEADER
09-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Current net bounce: Bush +7.4 points

Democracy Corps: +8.0 (Bush 48, Kerry 45)
AP/Ipsos: Bush +8.0 (Bush 51, Kerry 46)
ABC/Washington Post: Bush +9.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 43)
Fox News: Bush +3.0 (Bush 47, Kerry 45)
CBS News: Bush +10.0 (Bush 49, Kerry 42)
Rasmussen: Bush +2.0 (Bush 48, Kerry 46)
Gallup: Bush +4.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 45)
Zogby: Bush +8.0 (Bush 46, Kerry 42)
Time: Bush +9.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 41)
Newsweek: Bush +13.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 41)*

Current Average Results: Bush 49.7%, Kerry 43.6% (Bush Lead = 6.1%)

*Based on the most recent Princeton Survey (the group responsible for the Newsweek poll) - the difference between the last two Newsweek polls is actually 18.0 points.

Chief Henry
09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Pinch me...

FringeNC
09-03-2004, 03:08 PM
So much for the Zell Miller and SBVT backlash. Weren't they supposed to be the "mother of all backlashes"?

Cochise
09-03-2004, 03:08 PM
PBJ PBJ

Chief Henry
09-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Current net bounce: Bush +7.33 points

Rasmussen: Bush +4.0 (Bush 49, Kerry 45)
Zogby: Bush +9.0 (Bush 46, Kerry 44)

When will they start mixing the Kool-AID :D

jAZ
09-03-2004, 03:22 PM

The Rassmussen "bounce" was 0 from yesterday... and +1 from the day before the convention.

Today 49 45
Sept 2 49 45
Sept 1 47 47
Aug 31 47 46
Aug 30 47 46
Aug 29 48 45

Duck Dog
09-03-2004, 03:24 PM

I never put much into polls, but it sure is fun watching jaz get all worked up about them.

RINGLEADER
09-03-2004, 03:27 PM
The Rassmussen "bounce" was 0 from yesterday... and +1 from the day before the convention.

Today 49 45
Sept 2 49 45
Sept 1 47 47
Aug 31 47 46
Aug 30 47 46
Aug 29 48 45

Jaz, Jaz, Jaz...

The last Rasmussen poll comprised of results BEFORE the convention was the August 30th poll. I hestitated to even include the Rasmussen results yet since the results from today have ZERO respondants from after the Bush speech. Tomorrow's results will have 33% taken after the speech so we should get some sense of what Bush's speech did to the robots.

But the difference today is THREE points...thanks for pointing out my typo...will change now.

FringeNC
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Kerry is in deep shit now. Once it becomes clear that Kerry is likely to lose, the media will scramble to get out the stories they have been neglecting. Kerry has a real chance of losing by 20+ points.

...there are rumors of massive financing irregularities along with supposedly devastating information about his time in Paris. This is new information. It will hurt Kerry. I can't believe the Dems are still rehashing Bush's youth. Everyone knows Bush was an overgrown fratboy for many years. No one cares about that because he has demonstrated himself in office. And Susan Estrich's smear of wondering if you can ever trust an alcoholic is beneath contempt.

siberian khatru
09-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Pinch me...

Um, I'm not that kind of guy. But I'm sure Anton could help you. :p

Cochise
09-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Kerry is in deep shit now. Once it becomes clear that Kerry is likely to lose, the media will scramble to get out the stories they have been neglecting. Kerry has a real chance of losing by 20+ points.

If Sept and Oct are as unkind to sKerry as August was, Bush is going to win in double digits and pull 40 states.

...there are rumors of massive financing irregularities along with supposedly devastating information about his time in Paris. This is new information.

... interesting... source? background? more info?

---

I am still curious, also about when Clark said that sKerry would 'implode over an intern issue'.

I was listening to Savage a week or two ago, and I just caught the tail end of a call, but basically someone he was interviewing or talking to on the phone was saying not to think the story had died, and that there was at least one media outlet that didn't consider the story dead and was still investigating it.

Of course, consider the source, but it got me wondering how that issue was put to bed so quietly. The caller seemed to allude to the fact that we might not have heard the last of this.

Anyway, I don't really care about it I guess, but between this and what you posted it seems like there could be a few more things that go haywire for him too.

Calcountry
09-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Bush just needs to be himself and he wins.

RINGLEADER
09-03-2004, 04:03 PM

...there are rumors of massive financing irregularities along with supposedly devastating information about his time in Paris. This is new information. It will hurt Kerry. I can't believe the Dems are still rehashing Bush's youth. Everyone knows Bush was an overgrown fratboy for many years. No one cares about that because he has demonstrated himself in office. And Susan Estrich's smear of wondering if you can ever trust an alcoholic is beneath contempt.

Did Estrich really say that?

I predicted a long time ago that if this campaign starts to break bad for Kerry you're going to see a full-fledged meltdown. You're going to hear claims that Bush paid for abortions, used coke, still has a drinking problem, etc., etc., etc. It will be the last reflexive actions of a campaign that is disintegrating.

They just didn't realize that most people won't see questions about Kerry's voting record as legitimate and far from questioning his patriotism. And they just don't realize that calling Cheney a draft-dodger or saying Bush has a drinking problem doesn't make them look "tough"...it makes them look desperate.

What a horribly, horribly run campaign.

RINGLEADER
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Bush just needs to be himself and he wins.

Very true. Something you can't say about Kerry.

:thumb:

BigOlChiefsfan
09-03-2004, 06:58 PM
"I never fall in the polls. That son of a bitch knocked me down!"

trndobrd
09-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Did Estrich really say that?

I predicted a long time ago that if this campaign starts to break bad for Kerry you're going to see a full-fledged meltdown. You're going to hear claims that Bush paid for abortions, used coke, still has a drinking problem, etc., etc., etc. It will be the last reflexive actions of a campaign that is disintegrating.

They just didn't realize that most people won't see questions about Kerry's voting record as legitimate and far from questioning his patriotism. And they just don't realize that calling Cheney a draft-dodger or saying Bush has a drinking problem doesn't make them look "tough"...it makes them look desperate.

What a horribly, horribly run campaign.

If something positive doesn't happen for Kerry in the next 10-14 days, or sooner, he is in deep doo-do.

Doo-do as in "Dukakis".

MadMax
09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Jaz, Jaz, Jaz...

The last Rasmussen poll comprised of results BEFORE the convention was the August 30th poll. I hestitated to even include the Rasmussen results yet since the results from today have ZERO respondants from after the Bush speech. Tomorrow's results will have 33% taken after the speech so we should get some sense of what Bush's speech did to the robots.

But the difference today is THREE points...thanks for pointing out my typo...will change now.

methinks Jizzz is married to Duhneese"-)

The Pedestrian
09-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Political Conventions are kinda like pit-stops in racing...once the first is done, it boosts their confidence and makes it look like they'll win...until the others have their's, that is; in which case, you're pretty much back where you started.

Ugly Duck
09-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Bush just needs to be himself and he wins.Bush just needs to be the empty suit that just happened to be in the White House when the worst attack against America occured and he wins. It is impossible for the incumbant to lose with the patriotic surge of 9/11 behind him. Even an incumbant as bad as Duhbya cannot lose.

Duck Dog
09-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Bush just needs to be the empty suit that just happened to be in the White House when the worst attack against America occured and he wins. It is impossible for the incumbant to lose with the patriotic surge of 9/11 behind him. Even an incumbant as bad as Duhbya cannot lose.

So the fact sKerry is a proven liar and a 20 year Senate loser won't have anything to do with it? ;)

RINGLEADER
09-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, the libs are going to try to make a story out of Ben Barnes for the next week...all Bush has to do is keep reminding people he thinks Kerry was great in Vietnam and then pity Kerry for being stuck with a vision that looks back instead of foreward.

I love the WP story pimping the 60 Minutes story that hasn't run yet while acknowledging that Barnes is a Dem who supports Dem causes who has already testified that he didn't help Bush.

I still find it funny that Kerry was saying in 1992 he didn't think not going to Vietnam mattered. Then, in January of this year, it did matter. Then, in March, he said it didn't matter. Then at his convention it matters. Then he gets attacked by swift boat vets and he says Vietnam doesn't matter and he wants to talk about the "issues". Then the next day he sends Max Cleland to talk about Vietnam. Then today he's crying about Cheney getting deferments. Makes him look small and petty, but I guess he had to do it to keep the party faithful writing checks.

OldTownChief
09-03-2004, 11:18 PM
So the fact sKerry is a proven liar and a 20 year Senate loser won't have anything to do with it? ;)

:clap:Man that sig pic kills me, this is a football forum.........Perfect

Duck Dog
09-03-2004, 11:19 PM
RL- It's like listening to the libs who think draft dodgers and deserters are noble.

Then bash GW/Cheney for avoiding combat legally.

The party of hypocrisy.

Duck Dog
09-03-2004, 11:23 PM
:clap:Man that sig pic kills me, this is a football forum.........Perfect

I got it in an email today from a bud in KC. :thumb:

RINGLEADER
09-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Well, it looks like the Time magazine poll wasn't the "outlier" that the Dems had hoped it would be. Newsweek poll - according to the people over at Democrats Underground who claim to have seen it - shows Bush with a 13-point bounce (although the only other Newsweek poll I can find shows it to be an 18-point bounce, but I'll go with what's being reported by MSNBC for now).

Interesting that Newsweek ended up with the exact same results (Bush 52 and Kerry 41) as Time. Gallup should be out later today or tomorrow in time for Wolf Blitzer's Sunday show.

Also should be able to update the Rasmussen numbers soon.

Ugly Duck
09-04-2004, 11:26 PM
So the fact sKerry is a proven liar and a 20 year Senate loser won't have anything to do with it? ;)No way, dude... BushCo wears the LIAR mantle worldwide. Don't try to pawn that one off on the Dems - its taken!

craneref
09-05-2004, 06:03 PM
All this Liberal Left crap has got me to thinking, President Bush is from Texas, President Kennedy was assisinated in Texas, a coincidence, you can decide but the fact that they are both connected by Texas sure seems fishey to me. Can't wait until 60 minutes calls me to do the story, I will make sure to pimp the Chiefs when I do. Surely they will call me, i mean it is not like there is over 200 people agreeing with this story, just me so I should be totally believeable.

Duck Dog
09-05-2004, 06:26 PM
All this Liberal Left crap has got me to thinking, President Bush is from Texas, President Kennedy was assisinated in Texas, a coincidence, you can decide but the fact that they are both connected by Texas sure seems fishey to me. Can't wait until 60 minutes calls me to do the story, I will make sure to pimp the Chiefs when I do. Surely they will call me, i mean it is not like there is over 200 people agreeing with this story, just me so I should be totally believeable.

The Chiefs were started in Texas. Lamar Hunt owns a sports team and so did GW. Both call Texas home. My ex-wife lives in Texas. I used to be stationed in Texas.

Coincidence? I think not. :hmmm:

RINGLEADER
09-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Updated to reflect Gallup poll (plus I moved the Newsweek bounce back down to 13.0 to reflect the difference between the two Princeton Survey polls, of which Newsweek is one, instead of the two different Newsweek polls that had a difference of 18.0 points).

Have fun:

Current net bounce: Bush +7.00 points

Rasmussen: Bush +0.0 (Bush 48, Kerry 47)
Gallup: Bush +4.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 45)
Newsweek: Bush +13.0 (Bush 52, Kerry 41)

Current Average Results: Bush 50%, Kerry 43.6% (Bush Lead = 6.4%)

RINGLEADER
09-06-2004, 03:54 PM
No way, dude... BushCo wears the LIAR mantle worldwide. Don't try to pawn that one off on the Dems - its taken!

No, Kerry just calls our allies around the world who are actually helping us in Iraq "phony" while pledging to stick his tongue up the rear end of the countries that aren't helping us.

Dude is just pathetic.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Added the latest CBS poll showing Bush with a 7 point lead - brings the overall bounce total to 7.33 with the revised Rasmussen numbers.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Fox News new poll shows Bush leading Kerry 47-45. Bush trailed two weeks ago 43-44.

Calcountry
09-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Just keep pimpin those Chiefs ROFL :thumb:

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
The ABC poll showing Bush up 9 points (when they were tied a couple weeks ago) is now included in the totals...

RINGLEADER
09-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Looks like everyone has a poll in except NBC, the LA Times and IBD. Seems to be pretty consistent that Bush got a 7.0+ point bounce and now leads by a little over 6.0 points.