PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad to see..

j molina
10-06-2000, 08:52 AM
that the queen bee on the other board is still not interested in coming over here. AZChief was over there trying to drum up some support of this board and Denise of course came out with her typical snotty admonishions. I don't know where I'd go if she brought her, "holier than thou, I'm always right" attitude over here. That's what we have BroncoFan for.

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 08:57 AM
I went on there and responded to that post but of course, she had to turn the thing around so I could see here side of the story. Just another reason that this board is 100 times better than kc.com.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

AustinChief
10-06-2000, 09:16 AM
Happy to be the "holier than thou, I'm always right" presence on this board.

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 09:22 AM
Broncofan,

To be the Denise of this board, you'll have to grow more chest & facial hair.

------------------

j molina
10-06-2000, 09:22 AM
I'd rather it be the fan of an enemy team than the fan of our team...and an enemy team http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Coogs
10-06-2000, 09:27 AM
Good grief, people. Grow up. You're on this board now, you're happy...quit complaining about the "other" board. So Denise annoys you, so what? She doesn't post over here, so what's your problem. I think it's really childish, rude, and uncalled for to continue posting about Denise.

--Shannon

Warrior5
10-06-2000, 09:32 AM
Ditto Shannon! Get over it, and move on!

------------------
[b]ct
Give TRich the Ball!!!</B>

j molina
10-06-2000, 09:35 AM
Chill bro. You obviously don't share in the sentiment, and that's fine. But I think I speak for many of us who don't like seeing her name on every other reply gushing her motherly advice when I say it is refreshing not to have it on this board.

Warrior5
10-06-2000, 09:38 AM
If it's so refreshing, why do return at all, I wonder?

j molina
10-06-2000, 09:40 AM
For laughs.

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 09:42 AM
I pledge my allegiance to chiefsplanet.com, & promise to never go back to the "other board". http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Coogs
10-06-2000, 09:42 AM
If you're doing it for laughs, why are you complaining on here about it?

Fat Homer
10-06-2000, 09:43 AM
razzle dazzle smilies and winkies....I like the smilies and winkies.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 09:48 AM
This is the type of topic that won't allow the "BB rivalry" to die. Let's try to elevate ourselves above the trivialness & put all this behind us. It's really counterproductive regardless of how you feel about Denise or any other member of either board.

AustinChief
10-06-2000, 09:48 AM
Smltheppl, KPhobia

I don't know Denise, and I have never been to the other board. That said, half of what I do is ***** and moan about other people. It is part of the fun. No big deal.

This board seems to be about letting people post what they want. Don't scold these guys, they are just having fun.

I hate to stick up for KC fans, they rarely deserve it.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 10-06-2000).]

Coogs
10-06-2000, 09:53 AM
BroncoFan -

I'm personally tired of all the complaining about the "other" board, but really, that's not what pissed me off about this thread. I think it's childish to complain and make fun of someone that isn't even here to defend herself. At least if they were making fun of you, or me or anyone else on this board, you or I or whoever could defend themselves. But to continue to put down or complain about a person that doesn't even post here is childish at the very least.

--Shannon

bishop_74
10-06-2000, 09:58 AM
Oh come on Shannon, chill out.

Denise is reaping what she sewed. I think she actually would relish the thought of being a topic of discussion.

She has the right to defend herself over here anytime.

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 09:58 AM
My intent is not to "scold". If you haven't been over to kc.com to defend this board for any extended period, you really don't know how we are perceived by some people over there. As far as I'm concerned, the "break" is ancient history and for every topic that is posted about it, we alienate more potential ChiefsPlanet contributors.

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 10:01 AM
lyons,

She certainly DOES relish it. During one of the more heated discussions, she came over here and conducted a search on how many times her name has been mentioned. You'd be shocked how much attention she does get over here. Let's just move along. This issue is dead and if you want a laugh, look up and down the topics - there's plenty of laughable tidbits throughout this board....

Fat Homer
10-06-2000, 10:02 AM
Is Denise (Sofeisty) and Denise (515) the same person?...they're views and converstations are so much alike I've always wondered.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:03 AM
Lyons -

I'm not saying that Denise hasn't said things that have brought all of this on herself. But she's not over here and everyone knows that she's not going to come over here to post. SO GIVE IT UP! If you want to make fun of her, go over there and do it to her face, not behind her back.

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 10:04 AM
Joe,
Yes, they(being careful not to mention any name) are the same person.

------------------

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:04 AM
Joe - yes they are

CHIEF1
10-06-2000, 10:06 AM
What is this mysterious "other board" I keep hearing about? I've come from a board called
Chiefsboard.com . It's pretty slow this week and it's all in html; no kool icons. It's nice to have another board with a diff perspctive. A lot more non-Chiefs fans here, and that's a good thing.

GO CHIEFS!! BEAT 'DA FADERS!<BR>

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 10:08 AM
redhed,
The "other" board is a complete waste of time, unless you like talking about the Rams.

------------------

AustinChief
10-06-2000, 10:09 AM
KPhobia,

I don't want to alienate other CP users, but it seems like it is not a big deal.

Smltheppl,

That is what we do, we are childish and we make fun, and anyone does have the right to come over here and defend themselves. I do not post here to be an adult, nor do I dictate that you try and be a child.

Everyone is here for a different reason, and that is why I enjoy it. Be mature if you want, but don't tell me, or anyone else for that matter that I have to follow your example. CHIEFS SUCK!

CHIEF1
10-06-2000, 10:10 AM
What is this mysterious "other board" I keep hearing about? I've come from a board called
Chiefsboard.com . It's pretty slow this week and it's all in html; no kool icons. It's nice to have another board with a diff perspctive. A lot more non-Chiefs fans here, and that's a good thing.

GO CHIEFS!! BEAT 'DA FADERS!<BR>

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 10:11 AM
Ditto what Broncofan said, except for those last 2 words.

------------------

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 10:11 AM
redhead,

You are welcome to check out kansascity.com. Under discussions, you find a Chiefs "room". It's not a complete waste of time, I still participate in some of the better topics.

Can I encourage you to drop this board's URL (assuming you like us) on Chiefsboard.com? We need all the exposure we can muster. How's Chiefsboard? I may check that place out.....

bishop_74
10-06-2000, 10:13 AM
Shannon,

I don't believe I have been making fun of Denise.

I realize to do so wouldn't be much fun if she wasn't here to argue with.

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 10:13 AM
Understood, BroncoFan. I don't pretend to control anyone. It would, however, be nice to put this one to bed....

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:15 AM
BroncoFan -

I dont think you're getting my point. They KNOW that Denise is not going to be over here to defend herself. That is the only reason (in my opinion) they're saying what they are about her. If they really felt this deeply about her, they would go over to kansascity.com and say it to her face. Bronco, I really don't care if you act childish or make fun of the Chiefs or me or anyone else on this board. It's when people make fun of those that aren't on this board and they know they will not ever be on this board, that irritates me.

--Shannon

Warrior5
10-06-2000, 10:16 AM
Here's a link to 'the other board', red.

KC.com (http://www.kansascity.com/bin/bbs.pl/Sports_and_recreation/Professional_sports/Chiefs/)

[This message has been edited by coryt (edited 10-06-2000).]

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:17 AM
lyons - I'm sorry, I don't think you have been...I just kind of strung all my thoughts together and some things got added to my reply to you that really shouldn't have been directed towards you.

--Shannon

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 10:21 AM
Smltheppl,

I may have gone a little overboard with the chest hair post #2, but she ticked me off. BTW, she does come to this board & read the posts, but she does not post here(or at least not that we know of).

------------------

bishop_74
10-06-2000, 10:21 AM
Shannon, no apology necessary. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif<BR>

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:27 AM
Scott -

Whether Denise reads over here or not, isn't the point. The fact is, she doesn't post over here. And I highly doubt that she's ever going to. If you don't like her, I really don't care, but go over there and say these things and not over here. Give her a chance to defend herself.

--Shannon

CHIEF1
10-06-2000, 10:37 AM
KPhobia: I've already mentioned this board over there, (chiefsboard.com)as have acouple of other posters. Don't get yer hopes up too much though; not nearly the frequency of posting as is the case here. Now then, I'm off to kc.com!! -Thanks coryt!
GO CHIEFS!!! EAT 'DA FADERS!! (for lunch)

"Still lurking about!" - Daffy Duck

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 10-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 10-06-2000).]

Dave Lane
10-06-2000, 10:45 AM
Shannon,

I just did in what will by my final post ever on the "other" board.

------------------

Coogs
10-06-2000, 10:47 AM
Kudos to you then, Scott.

Gracie Dean
10-06-2000, 10:51 AM
Shannon,

Actually, Denise HAS posted over here. The day our board crashed for nearly 24 hours then finally came up, she came in for about 10 minutes while Kyle was restoring everything. She actually complimented the layout and said it looked pretty nice. She claims to this day to have lurked here on multiple ocassions.

ROYAL.WILLIE
10-06-2000, 11:15 AM
Denise should be flattered that she gets such publicity on this board. She is an icon of sorts. If her name is mentioned it is because she rouses that kind of reaction with her opinions. Negative may the slurs be, it is all in good fun. I know that many a time I will throw a Denise here or there because I know that others will relate and react, and probably laugh.

I compare it to a Dilbert cartoon. The cartoons are funny because they are a satire of what a real boss or work situation may be. People like them because they relate. People do not castigate Dilbert cartoons because they offend bosses and big companies everywhere.

In this case Denise just happens to be one of the characters that occasionaly pops up as a conversation piece on this Chiefs Planet.

As for posting things to her face. I like conversing here and will not go over to the KC Star BB every time I want to mention Denise. Denise can feel free to post on any of my discussions that mention her here. I would welcome the bantor and discussions.

As for Shannon, you are too obsessed with defending Denise. From what I have seen she does a great job of defending herself. You are pretty close to becoming another character in this Dilbert of the Chiefs fan boards. You may soon find yourself in the same position as she.

Coogs
10-06-2000, 11:23 AM
OCF -

I'm obsessed? Because one day I've had enough of all the complaining that goes on about the other board and the main person on it, Denise? Because I don't think it's right to talk about people behind their back? I don't think that you can actually compare an actual, real, live human being to an imaginary character in a comic strip, but hey, if you can, go for it. And if you wish to add me to it, go right ahead.

Phob - I stand corrected. 2 months ago, Denise came on here for 10 minutes and posted a comment. That certainly gives room for people to say whatever they wish about her now. I'm so sorry for wasting everyone's time.

--Shanbert

[This message has been edited by Smltheppl (edited 10-06-2000).]

mlyonsd
10-06-2000, 11:42 AM
Shannon.....

All I can say is I 100 % agree with you...

These kind of topics are a major turnoff for me....."Dog pile" on Denise or anybody is pretty lame and weak, IMO...

Nuff said.