PDA

View Full Version : Purple Hearts

jettio
09-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Nine of our troops in Iraq were killed dead over the last two days and about 30 wounded from 2 attacks.

Of course, they are not as dead or as wounded as they would if Paul Bremer was still holed up in one of Saddam's palaces instead of Allawi.

No matter what happened in Vietnam, Bush sure has done a lot to make sure that 40 of our guys earned Purple Hearts this weekend.

No controversy about that.

Go ahead and discuss all of your trivial bullshit regards to the election, it is not like the sacrifices of our troops deserve any mention at all in this forum.

Hopefully those guys got to hear Bush's speech the other night before getting blown to bits, they would be comforted to know that Bush will lie to their folks about why they had to die.

redbrian
09-06-2004, 09:46 AM
“Nine of our troops in Iraq were killed dead”

I’m not sure I understand, were they killed after they were dead?
How the hell can you be killed when you are dead?

RINGLEADER
09-06-2004, 09:52 AM
We're at war.

People unfortunately die during wars.

According to the Dem talking heads I saw this weekend (including Florida Senator Bob Graham) they want us going to war with Iran and North Korea too. Kerry's been making a similar distinction.

The hypocrisy of the left on issues of war and peace is laughable.

mlyonsd
09-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Hopefully those guys got to hear Bush's speech the other night before getting blown to bits, they would be comforted to know that Bush will lie to their folks about why they had to die.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. That being said, "those guys" know exactly why they are there and IMO believe in their mission.

I think your statement cheapens their sacrifices and if I were a betting man I'd guess most of the military over there would tell you to STFU.

Michael Michigan
09-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Perhaps they do.

http://www.hughhewitt.com/#postid861

I was forwarded an e-mail from a Marine Corps Captain, which I know to be authentic, and requested permission from the Captain's friend who sent it to me to reprint it. I expect to receive it since the forwarding list was pretty long, but I haven't received that permission yet, so I am deleting the Captain's name, and the names of his children until I get the go-ahead. Here's the message, along with the intro note:

"Friends,

All I could say is 'Wow' and 'Amen' when I read this latest from my friend in Iraq.

Rob

Subject: Why I missed the first day of school

Dear friends,

I'm sitting here listening to the hourly updates on the hostage situation in Chechnya. As I write this, I am looking directly at the picture that I have sent all of you. It's a picture of my girls' first day of school. On Tuesday, _____ started 5th grade, _____started 3rd grade, and my little 5 year old started Kindergarten. _____was so excited the night before that she could hardly sleep. ___told me that she rushed right into her classroom. Others in her class, like her best friend, _______, were a little more unsure. Still, our girls went to school with great expectations of what the year held in store for them.

Now I want you to imagine if what has just transpired over the last 72 hours in Chechnya happened in our country. If terrorists took over any number of our schools, and held our children hostage. What would you do? How would you feel?

Friends, this war is called The Global War on Terrorism for a reason. It's not the American War on Terrorism. Terrorists don't care what country you hail from. They don't care who they hurt. They don't care if they terrify kindergarteners, leaving them to run out of their school in only their underwear.

At the convention this past week, John McCain said this:

"It's a big thing, this war. It's a fight between a just regard for human dignity and a malevolent force that defiles an honorable religion by disputing God's love for every soul on earth. It's a fight between right and wrong, good and evil. And should our enemies acquire for their arsenal the chemical, biological and nuclear weapons they seek, this war will become a much bigger thing. So it is, whether we wished it or not, that we have come to the test of our generation, to our rendezvous with destiny. And much is expected of us. We are engaged in a hard struggle against a cruel and determined adversary. Our enemies have made clear the danger they pose to our security and to the very essence of our culture...liberty.

Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war. Like all wars, this one will have its ups and downs. But we must fight. We must."

And that's why I'm here in Iraq, and why I believe we need to be over here - because what has happened in Chechnya, could very well happen in the United States if we sat back and "hunkered down" praying that the terrorists won't hit us again.

And I would rather fight terrorists over here than allow them to take my beautiful girls hostage on their first day of school.

Still in the battle with you,

_____"

LVNHACK
09-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Perhaps they do.

http://www.hughhewitt.com/#postid861

I was forwarded an e-mail from a Marine Corps Captain, which I know to be authentic, and requested permission from the Captain's friend who sent it to me to reprint it. I expect to receive it since the forwarding list was pretty long, but I haven't received that permission yet, so I am deleting the Captain's name, and the names of his children until I get the go-ahead. Here's the message, along with the intro note:

"Friends,

All I could say is 'Wow' and 'Amen' when I read this latest from my friend in Iraq.

Rob

Subject: Why I missed the first day of school

Dear friends,

I'm sitting here listening to the hourly updates on the hostage situation in Chechnya. As I write this, I am looking directly at the picture that I have sent all of you. It's a picture of my girls' first day of school. On Tuesday, _____ started 5th grade, _____started 3rd grade, and my little 5 year old started Kindergarten. _____was so excited the night before that she could hardly sleep. ___told me that she rushed right into her classroom. Others in her class, like her best friend, _______, were a little more unsure. Still, our girls went to school with great expectations of what the year held in store for them.

Now I want you to imagine if what has just transpired over the last 72 hours in Chechnya happened in our country. If terrorists took over any number of our schools, and held our children hostage. What would you do? How would you feel?

Friends, this war is called The Global War on Terrorism for a reason. It's not the American War on Terrorism. Terrorists don't care what country you hail from. They don't care who they hurt. They don't care if they terrify kindergarteners, leaving them to run out of their school in only their underwear.

At the convention this past week, John McCain said this:

"It's a big thing, this war. It's a fight between a just regard for human dignity and a malevolent force that defiles an honorable religion by disputing God's love for every soul on earth. It's a fight between right and wrong, good and evil. And should our enemies acquire for their arsenal the chemical, biological and nuclear weapons they seek, this war will become a much bigger thing. So it is, whether we wished it or not, that we have come to the test of our generation, to our rendezvous with destiny. And much is expected of us. We are engaged in a hard struggle against a cruel and determined adversary. Our enemies have made clear the danger they pose to our security and to the very essence of our culture...liberty.

Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war. Like all wars, this one will have its ups and downs. But we must fight. We must."

And that's why I'm here in Iraq, and why I believe we need to be over here - because what has happened in Chechnya, could very well happen in the United States if we sat back and "hunkered down" praying that the terrorists won't hit us again.

And I would rather fight terrorists over here than allow them to take my beautiful girls hostage on their first day of school.

Still in the battle with you,

_____"

Thanks for sharing this......God Bless them all that serve to protect us.....

KCFalcon59
09-06-2004, 10:20 AM
The war is just. sKerry is still a disgrace. Carry on.

jettio
09-06-2004, 11:15 AM
The war is just. sKerry is still a disgrace. Carry on.

Please explain why you believe that the war is just and your criticism of Kerry.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Please explain why you believe that the war is just and your criticism of Kerry.Wouldn't you MUCH rather have our armed forces fight terrorists over there, than here?

FringeNC
09-06-2004, 03:39 PM
They dug graves for 600 people in southern Russia today. Who wants to bet that our troops were killed by foreign Arab-Islamic terrorists, like the scum who blew up the kids in Russia.

jettio
09-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't you MUCH rather have our armed forces fight terrorists over there, than here?

So are you saying that Bush went to the Congress and the american people on the terrorist magnet theory?

He lied about that, because he said it wopuld be easy and he did that Mission Accomplished Bullsh*t, and when he did he never said a word about the terrorist magnet plan.

jettio
09-06-2004, 04:58 PM
They dug graves for 600 people in southern Russia today. Who wants to bet that our troops were killed by foreign Arab-Islamic terrorists, like the scum who blew up the kids in Russia.

I will take that bet, Those were more likely non-Arab Chechen Islamic terrorists.

Part of the lie that you have been told is that they hate us because of Freedom, see that is the food for the stupid that Bush swallows and shares. Terrorists are politically motivated and fighting for power in their own lands.

I suppose the terrorist magnet in Iraq theory did not protect the Russians or the Madrid train bombing victims.

It is a giant leap of stupidity to think that evil acts in Russia justify a miscalculated folly that was done for all of the wrong reasons and has 1000 of our troops dead, most of them after we had "won".

The stupid get to vote too and it looks Bush has many of them locked up.

Hopefully, folks with standards of competence and integrity will outnumber the stupid on election day.

KCWolfman
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
If John Kerry is elected and does not pull every single troop out of every single nation other than our own on inaugural day, your post is nothing but bullshit.

KCWolfman
09-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I will take that bet, Those were more likely non-Arab Chechen Islamic terrorists.

You are wrong. A full third of the terrorists invovled in the action against those children have already been identified as Arabs.

Cochise
09-06-2004, 05:29 PM
You are wrong. A full third of the terrorists invovled in the action against those children have already been identified as Arabs.

What are you talking about, Arab Islamoterrorists don't operate outside of their own borders, jettio told me so :rolleyes:

Duck Dog
09-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Wrong again, jettio. (http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/chechens.html)

As usual.

Duck Dog
09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Feel free to read this one too, jettio. (http://mosnews.com/news/2004/09/03/arabs.shtml)

Duck Dog
09-06-2004, 05:44 PM
In case you're feeling laz.

Chechnya-based Terrorists
Russia, separatists

What terrorist groups operate in Chechnya?
Information about groups linked to the conflict in Chechnya is hard to confirm, but experts say the struggle is between local separatists—a loosely organized group, with semi-independent commanders—and the Russian Army. Chechnya’s long and very violent guerrilla war has attracted a small number of Islamist militants from outside of Chechnya—some of whom are Arab fighters, with possible links to al-Qaeda.

FSB North Ossetian chief Valery Andreyev says that twenty hostage-takers have been killed in Beslan; ten of them turned out to have come to Russia from Arab countries, RIA Novosti reported. Aslambek Aslakhanov, advisor to the Russian president, quoted a different figure, saying only nine were Arabs, RIA Novosti writes.

Duck Dog
09-06-2004, 06:43 PM

Now that you've lost the bet, will you admit you were wrong?

FringeNC
09-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Wrong again, jettio. (http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/chechens.html)

As usual.

Evidently, over at DU, the Breslan massacre wasn't a top attraction.

jettio
09-06-2004, 07:43 PM
OK, the Chechen Islamic terrorists did not blow up those kids, only the Arab ones did.

It is no secret that there are terrorist organizations that we must defeat, starting a war with Iraq was a giant leap backward, and time will prove that to be the case.

Bush gave the keys to the neo-con morons and they screwed the pooch.

I don't want US Soldiers driving into booby traps as some kind of strategy in which they are a more opportune target there, than whatever other evil plans the terrorists would have here.

If you think that those fools are not plotting attacks in other couintries because they are all preoccupied in Iraq then why are there terrorists attacks in so many other countries?

That is very stupid and dishonorable to send our troops to be booby trap targets in some land that was ostensibly invaded for very different reasons, and then act as if that is some immediate alternative to having a terrorist plot committted here.

One thing about Bush he figures out a new lie each time as circumstances change and a lot of fools keep buying the next lie.

Tax cuts because of the surplus, oops, no surplus, tax cuts for some other completely different reason.

Invade Iraq to disarm Saddam, oops, no WOMD, invade Iraq so that terrorists will be so preoccupied killing our guys that they will not have time to kill us, that is Bush for ya'.

Michael Michigan
09-06-2004, 07:58 PM
OK, the Chechen Islamic terrorists did not blow up those kids, only the Arab ones did.

It is no secret that there are terrorist organizations that we must defeat, starting a war with Iraq was a giant leap backward, and time will prove that to be the case.

I don't want US Soldiers driving into booby traps as some kind of strategy in which they are a more opportune target there, than whatever other evil plans the terrorists would have here.

If you think that those fools are not plotting attacks in other couintries because they are all preoccupied in Iraq then why are there terrorists attacks in so many other countries?

That is very stupid and dishonorable to send our troops to be booby trap targets in some land that was ostensibly invaded for very different reasons, and then act as if that is some immediate alternative to having a terrorist plot committted here.

One thing about Bush he figures out a new lie each time as circumstances change and a lot of fools keep buying the next lie.

Tax cuts because of the surplus, oops, no surplus, tax cuts for some other completely different reason.

Invade Iraq to disarm Saddam, oops, no WOMD, invade Iraq so that terrorists will be so preoccupied killing our guys that they will not have time to kill us, that is Bush for ya'.

Sometimes when you're in a hole--it's best to just stop diging.

LVNHACK
09-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Hopefully, folks with standards of competence and integrity will outnumber the stupid on election day.

That comment right there, tells me all I need to know about your thought process..........IMFO, you're a fuggin' dumb fugg....

al Jazeera
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM

Yes, Allah be praised, you are right. Thank goodness you deflected from your original statement and detracted with the nonsense above so no one knows you are wrong. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

KCWolfman
09-06-2004, 08:28 PM

You need 10 paragraphs to say "I was wrong" and the three words never appeared in your post?

Cochise
09-06-2004, 08:44 PM
That comment right there, tells me all I need to know about your thought process..........IMFO, you're a fuggin' dumb fugg....

How's his guy going to win the race if that happens?

jettio
09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Looks like everybody knows that Bush is a farce, no good answer for why our troops getting killed no longer gets a mention on Chiefs Planet.

Unless there is another Pat Tilllman, foget about it.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 08:51 PM
If John Kerry is elected and does not pull every single troop out of every single nation other than our own on inaugural day, your post is nothing but bullshit.

This post is bullshit even if skerry is not elected.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 08:53 PM
jettio,

Have you ever been in the U.S. Military?

OldTownChief
09-06-2004, 09:04 PM
jettio,

Have you ever been in the U.S. Military?

No way, he's just one of the cowards that speaks out against them.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 09:04 PM

I think I knew that, I was waiting for him to admit it.......if he has the balls.

jettio
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Well phony Tom Cash.

You are on my ignore list, and since you PM'ed as your new alter ego a couple of weeks ago before I knew who you were and we discussed our military experience, I am at a loss as to why you would be so stupid to have to ask about it now.

You are as phony as your choice for President, that is why you are on ignore.

Cochise
09-06-2004, 09:08 PM
I think I knew that, I was waiting for him to admit it.......if he has the balls.

What if he served for 4 months 35 years ago? :eek:

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Well phony Tom Cash.

You are on my ignore list, and since you PM'ed as your new alter ego a couple of weeks ago before I knew who you were and we discussed our military experience, I am at a loss as to why you would be so stupid to have to ask about it now.

You are as phony as your choice for President, that is why you are on ignore.

I'm interested as who my new alter ego is. I've been R8er_h8er since being restored to the planet.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
What if he served for 4 months 35 years ago? :eek:

By his post he seems to think that he is a war hero as his hero skerry claims.

Cochise
09-06-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm interested as who my new alter ego is. I've been R8er_h8er since being restored to the planet.

I dunno, apparently there was a poster around here once named Tom Cash who was a troll or who everyone disliked for some reason, but it was before my time.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I dunno, apparently there was a poster around here once named Tom Cash who was a troll or who everyone disliked for some reason, but it was before my time.

I is TC.

Loki
09-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Looks like everybody knows that Bush is a farce, no good answer for why our troops getting killed no longer gets a mention on Chiefs Planet.

newsflash:

troops are exposed to dangerous situations, weapons and training even during PEACETIME.
would you blame the 72 burnt-to-a-crisp paratroopers i had to scrape off the runway @ pope airforce base in '94 on president clinton?
(i'll never forget that smell...)

the troops in iraq are fighting a war for us. some of them aren't going to come home in one piece. god bless them, for they have the BALLS, know the risks and believe in their mission. you should too... :shake:

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 10:00 PM
newsflash:

troops are exposed to dangerous situations, weapons and training even during PEACETIME.
would you blame the 72 burnt-to-a-crisp paratroopers i had to scrape off the runway @ pope airforce base in '94 on president clinton?

the troops in iraq are fighting a war for us. some of them aren't going to come home in one piece. god bless them, for they have the BALLS, know the risks and believe in their mission. you should too... :shake:

I think you are wasting your time. jettio doesn't seem to be the type that would follow orders if he was in the military. I'm an old fart and coming up to the end of my career, but if they asked me to go to Iraq, I'd be gone (almost was a couple of weeks ago, but got pulled back).

Nobody knows their future, if you time to die comes you will die as surely as water is wet. If your time is not at hand and you go to war, you will be one of the fortunate members that come home.

I keep all of our guys in my prayers, at this time it is the least I can do for the bravest of the brave.

jettio
09-06-2004, 10:05 PM
newsflash:

Why?

Their mission is surviving the stupidity of Bush.

I believe such mission should not be necessary if we had a President with honor, integrity, and brains.

Loki
09-06-2004, 10:06 PM
I think you are wasting your time. jettio doesn't seem to be the type that would follow orders if he was in the military. I'm an old fart and coming up to the end of my career, but if they asked me to go to Iraq, I'd be gone (almost was a couple of weeks ago, but got pulled back).

Nobody knows their future, if you time to die comes you will die as surely as water is wet. If your time is not at hand and you go to war, you will be one of the fortunate members that come home.

I keep all of our guys in my prayers, at this time it is the least I can do for the bravest of the brave.

i KNOW i'm wasting my time... :banghead:

the extreme ignorance still bothers me enough to say something though... gnome sayn?

BTW - sua sponte brother.

Loki
09-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Why?

Their mission is surviving the stupidity of Bush.

I believe their mission should not be necessary.

private joker... are you trying to OFFEND me?

dude... i'm not even going to try and explain this to you. you're a lost cause.

go join up with osama. you'll be amongst friends.

Matt Helm
09-06-2004, 10:14 PM
private joker... are you trying to OFFEND me?

dude... i'm not even going to try and explain this to you. you're a lost cause.

go join up with osama. you'll be amongst friends.

Naw, even Osama would reject this guy!!! NO balls.

B2chiefsfan
09-06-2004, 10:17 PM

:shake:

OldTownChief
09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
You can tell by the morons sig who your dealing with, I doubt he even graduated high school.

jettio
09-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Whatever you crybabies say, the fact is that there are several nonsense threads in this sub-forum and the only effort in regards to American troop deaths in Iraq is to ignore them.

I look on the newspaper website and see these incidents this weekend, and then look at this sub-forum and there is not one thread about it.

If I argue that Bush is making an azz of himself by rushing into war against a feeble country and without assent of the Pope and most countries in the world and the only answer from the hawks is how f*ckin' easy it is going to be. I am not going to forget the consequences of so many of our american citizens being stupid enough to go along with Bush's lying azz.

The consequences of having so many people stupid enough to trust Bush is a lot more dead troops than necessary to install a farce government in a cesspool.

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2004, 10:45 PM
You can tell by the morons sig who your dealing with, I doubt he even graduated high school.

Nah, he's the next worse thing; a friggin' LAWYER.... :rolleyes:

A BAD lawyer, obviously; no offense intended to the GOOD lawyers around here.... :)

Loki
09-06-2004, 10:48 PM

the signature is indeed ignorant/juvenile, and i have grown tired of seeing it. however, i always envision jettio as one of these "self titled intellectuals" who think they have it all figured out. (i'd still like to hear his proposal on how to fight and win the GWOT. it's far too easy for his ilk to be critical and place blame without offering any plausible solutions)

good luck in life jettio. i hope you never find yourself having diarrhea of the mouth in the vicinity of some war hardened paratroopers back from the sandbox.

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
....good luck in life jettio. i hope you never find yourself having diarrhea of the mouth in the vicinity of some war hardened paratroopers back from the sandbox.

I'd PAY to have this clown show up at Chief's game, or pre-game function, and begin runnin' his mouth with all the Vets we have here....THAT would be worth PAYIN' to see.... :)

Loki
09-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Whatever you crybabies say, the fact is that there are several nonsense threads in this sub-forum and the only effort in regards to American troop deaths in Iraq is to ignore them.

and you honor these fallen soldiers HOW exactly? by spouting more of your political drivel?

good one.
:shake:

jettio
09-06-2004, 10:58 PM

Wrong.

jettio
09-06-2004, 10:59 PM

I did graduate high school.

Mr. Kotter
09-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I is TC.

Wow..... :hmmm:

Loki
09-06-2004, 11:11 PM

I look on the newspaper website and see these incidents this weekend, and then look at this sub-forum and there is not one thread about it.

If I argue that Bush is making an azz of himself by rushing into war against a feeble country and without assent of the Pope and most countries in the world and the only answer from the hawks is how f*ckin' easy it is going to be. I am not going to forget the consequences of so many of our american citizens being stupid enough to go along with Bush's lying azz.

The consequences of having so many people stupid enough to trust Bush is a lot more dead troops than necessary to install a farce government in a cesspool.

first of all, what pope is going to assent to war? DUH!

do you think after what has happened in russia, spain, etc etc that 'popular opinion' is going to change? you seem to forget the big UN food for oil scam that all those chickensh*t countries were involved with who disagreed with this war. US invasion = no more billions of dollars flowing to them from saddam.

rushing off to war? what is YOUR solution to 30+ years of terrorist attacks against our nation, it's citizens, soldiers and our properties at home and abroad? sit back and wait for more until it directly affects you?! stupid ostrich... go negotiate jettio. we'll be seeing you on al-jazeera getting your head sawed off. these people want to kill us moron. the more they kill, the merrier they are. if what has happened in russia recently hasn't opened your eyes to what these hate-filled zealots are willing and capable of doing, i don't know what will wake you up.

yeah... go ahead and call me stupid and the president stupid for wanting some long awaited payback. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
09-06-2004, 11:12 PM
"this is about the wounded and dead soldiers and their poor grieving families...its not about politics..........If you like Bush, you're boarderline retarded"

That what you meant Jettio?

Count Alex's Wins
09-06-2004, 11:13 PM
We're at war.

People unfortunately die during wars.

That's what I was thinking. And compared to history, the U.S. death toll is NOTHING in this war.

jettio
09-06-2004, 11:15 PM
the signature is indeed ignorant/juvenile, and i have grown tired of seeing it. however, i always envision jettio as one of these "self titled intellectuals" who think they have it all figured out. (i'd still like to hear his proposal on how to fight and win the GWOT. it's far too easy for his ilk to be critical and place blame without offering any plausible solutions)

good luck in life jettio. i hope you never find yourself having diarrhea of the mouth in the vicinity of some war hardened paratroopers back from the sandbox.

I asked some other of you Bush lovers to describe exactly what the f*ck was the reason why we are having guys killed in Iraq and did not get an answer beyond the way after the fact "terrorist magnet" theory.

Why do you think our troops are getting killed in Iraq and what is its relationship to your conception of fighting and winning the "GWOT"?

WTF is the GWOT anyway?

And what is your point about war-hardened paratroopers, are you suggesting that they are PTSD affected and would snap if somebody told them the truth. There is no doubt that war will have some harmful effects on a lot of soliders' psychology, but news to you, they are not all brainwashed into believing that Bush's fool's errand was a good idea, and I think it is a safe bet that there will a long term problem keeping re-enlistment levels up.

You think you are so smart. How about some substantive answers?

jettio
09-06-2004, 11:38 PM
first of all, what pope is going to assent to war? DUH!

do you think after what has happened in russia, spain, etc etc that 'popular opinion' is going to change? you seem to forget the big UN food for oil scam that all those chickensh*t countries were involved with who disagreed with this war. US invasion = no more billions of dollars flowing to them from saddam.

rushing off to war? what is YOUR solution to 30+ years of terrorist attacks against our nation, it's citizens, soldiers and our properties at home and abroad? sit back and wait for more until it directly affects you?! stupid ostrich... go negotiate jettio. we'll be seeing you on al-jazeera getting your head sawed off. these people want to kill us moron. the more they kill, the merrier they are. if what has happened in russia recently hasn't opened your eyes to what these hate-filled zealots are willing and capable of doing, i don't know what will wake you up.

yeah... go ahead and call me stupid and the president stupid for wanting some long awaited payback. :rolleyes:

30+ years of terrorist attacks?

From Iraq?

What does going to Iraq and being stunned at how much of a f*cking cesspool it becomes when you have no plan have to do with avenging prior attacks?

Bush could have done much better to invade Antartica and after doing so, his assault on the penguins there would not become any wiser just because a real threat kills people in Russia.

Bush could be doing a great job fighting terrorism and used a lot less resources and political capital regards Iraq. He made a fool of himself and an even greater fool of unquestioning dunderheads like yourself.

Loki
09-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I asked some other of you Bush lovers to describe exactly what the f*ck was the reason why we are having guys killed in Iraq and did not get an answer beyond the way after the fact "terrorist magnet" theory.

Why do you think our troops are getting killed in Iraq and what is its relationship to your conception of fighting and winning the "GWOT"?

WTF is the GWOT anyway?

And what is your point about war-hardened paratroopers, are you suggesting that they are PTSD affected and would snap if somebody told them the truth. There is no doubt that war will have some harmful effects on a lot of soliders' psychology, but news to you, they are not all brainwashed into believing that Bush's fool's errand was a good idea, and I think it is a safe bet that there will a long term problem keeping re-enlistment levels up.

1. first of all i don't love president bush. you ASSume too much. i love my nation and i have utmost RESPECT for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. people like you who call them STUPID piss me the f*ck off...

ignorant fools like yourself would have asked the same questions about "island hopping" and the loss of marines on the road to japan that happened in WW2. so i don't expect any answer i give on why we're in iraq to make any sense to you. if you can come to grips with terms like (permanent) forward base of operations in a region where radical forms of islam is the primary religion there may be hope for you.

2. again, a base of operations. do you think we're going to LEAVE iraq when we've killed all the upstarts who wish to test our trooper's marksmanship? hell no. we're going to occupy and use it to either stage operations in neighboring nations who think they can f*ck with us or our mere presence will scare the shit out of them. pick one.

3. Global War On Terror = erasing all the radical islamic cowards who have turned a peacful religion into a good excuse to kill western civilians and innocent children.

4. my point is this. if you can piss vets off on a bulletin board from the safety of your computer by calling current soldiers STUPID, god help you if you meet one on the street. they tend to get a bit testy when someone calls their selfless service to ingrates like YOU "stupid".

i would expect someone like you to point out erroneous re-enlistment levels. better check your stats again. i am quite sure last time i checked armytimes.com the army got more to re-enlist than they expected.

5. i have never claimed to be "smart". again, i highly DOUBT any answers i give you will make it past your political propaganda.

still waiting on your solutions to this war if bush and all the "stupid" soldiers who "blindly follow him" are substandard in your most informed opinion.

Loki
09-06-2004, 11:59 PM

From Iraq?

What does going to Iraq and being stunned at how much of a f*cking cesspool it becomes when you have no plan have to do with avenging prior attacks?

Bush could have done much better to invade Antartica and after doing so, his assault on the penguins ...

i stopped reading after this. are you dropping acid or something? :rolleyes:

Cochise
09-07-2004, 12:13 AM
i stopped reading after this. are you dropping acid or something? :rolleyes:

Reading most of his posts reminds me of trying to make sense of that acid scene in the cemetary towards the end of Easy Rider

Loki
09-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Reading most of his posts reminds me of trying to make sense of that acid scene in the cemetary towards the end of Easy Rider

far out...

hey, did you know that i think i'm so smart?

PastorMikH
09-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Nice posting Loki!

They can hang Bush out to dry all they want, it's not like Clinton and the rest of their liberal polititians have made great strides to protect our nation against terrorism. Clinton, knowing there were UN sanctions on Iraq pulled our inteligence gathering system out of the country. Clinton, knowing Bin Laden had been behind the first bombing of the WTC denied permision to special ops to snipe him when they had the shot and called to confirm permision to shoot. IF Clinton had given that order, would the towers be standing today? IF Clinton hadn't pulled all our inteligence out of Iraq, would the war and the over-throw of Sadaam even been necesary?

Since the actions of President Bush and our country started after 9/11, outside of war zones, how many US targets have been the result of terrorist attacks? Oh, and BTW, how safe have the french, spanish, and russians who didn't want to get involved been from terrorist attacks of late? Seems like terrorism is alive and well in the world today but I am sure that nothing President Bush has done is what is making us any safer.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Bush could have done much better to invade Antartica and after doing so, his assault on the penguins there would not become any wiser just because a real threat kills people in Russia.

Its official! That paragraph right there proves you're an idiot! You are a retard with ZERO credibility!

Actually, calling you a 'retard' is a disservice to mentally challenged patients around the globe...

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Nah, he's the next worse thing; a friggin' LAWYER.... :rolleyes:

A BAD lawyer, obviously; no offense intended to the GOOD lawyers around here.... :)

GOOD lawyers GOOD lawyers ????

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Wrong.

Snappy comeback, very snappy!!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Wow..... :hmmm:

Was I not speaking correct? Dang, I thought I needed to give the guy that didn't graduate from HS the ability to understand!!

I isn't TC? I was TC? I might be TC? I be TC? I am TC? I wanna be TC?

Crap, I'll figure it out some day!!!

Go Navy!!

Go Chiefs!!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 08:13 AM

WTF is the GWOT anyway?

jettio will not read this as I am on IGGY, but he asks some questions that was answered within two weeks of 9/11.

1. GWOT = Global War on Terrorism, even a grade schooler knows that.

2. The GWOT is being fought against countries that aid, harbor and/or train terrorists. Just in case you weren't paying attention earlier in the GWOT (i.e. before Iraq was invaded) there were terrorist training camps IN IRAQ! That fits into the category of harboring, supporting and training terrorists.

3. What Loki was talking about is you showing up in a public place where there are soldiers/sailors/Marines that have returned from duty listening to you tell them how much of a shame it was for them to have done their duty as it was assigned to them. Your constant attacking the President of the U.S., calling him a liar and that he lied to them to get them to go to war. Your clock would be cleaned before you hit the ground. Telling them the truth? Who in this wide world of sports told you that you have the truth? You haven't even a clue as to what the truth is, nor do you have the capability to find the truth.

Now do you want to speak of the truth as you know it? What are your sources? Where are your links to honest sources of information? Everything you have is from biased sources and then twisted based on your agenda.

Where will you live when your boy skerry is not elected? Will you opt to move out of the U.S. like your best buddy Alex Baldwin? If so, I'd say good riddance!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 08:19 AM

From Iraq?

Bush could be doing a great job fighting terrorism and used a lot less resources and political capital regards Iraq. He made a fool of himself and an even greater fool of unquestioning dunderheads like yourself.

How many of the terrorist attacks over the years have been other than religious fanatics of Islam? Where have they been? What countries have been the source of terrorism? What countries have not been the source of terrorism?

You have not been watching the news, you must be making up this crap as you go along. You have not seen what progress has been made because you don't want to see it.

Your personal attacks against Loki and others gives the rest of the readers an insite into your base of claims. When you cannot prove them you go for the personal attacks.

I'd recommend that you substantiate your claims with actual and factual data, something I'm sure that you cannot do. Your attacks are purely personal. I'd say that you were the dissenting soldier when you were in the military and one that was always peeling potatos and or doing dishes!!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Its official! That paragraph right there proves you're an idiot! You are a retard with ZERO credibility!

Actually, calling you a 'retard' is a disservice to mentally challenged patients around the globe...

Thank you!!!

MOhillbilly
09-07-2004, 09:09 AM
what a lameass.

You start saying one thing and put a spin on it for another.

****ing nut up you goddamn cowards,this aint over by a longshot and we aint leaving till we win.
**** the jews,**** the arabs,bunch of dunghill mother****ers.and that goes for the 50% or so of the mongrel scared cowards who had the privelage to be born American.But dont have the balls to see when its time to take a stand and kick some ass.

This is a world war they brought it to us,non-arabs for what ever goddamn reason they can think of to point a finger and say well they did this and that and blah ****in blah blah ****in blah.
Then blow up inocents and say *look what so&so made us do*
*its because of this that and the other,that we kidnap torture and murder*

Duty,Honor,Sacrafice. Get your mind right or capitulate.
Get r Dun,or get run over.
****ing hippies!!!!!!!!!
**** them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** you!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Lee
09-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Thank you!!!
ROFL ROFL - by that 'thank you' are you speaking on behalf of all your fellow mentally challenged brothers in arms?

j/k ;)

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Hey, I'm a vet who went to Iraq last year. Please tell me the truth now. Come on, please, please,please!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
ROFL ROFL - by that 'thank you' are you speaking on behalf of all your fellow mentally challenged brothers in arms?

j/k ;)

Originally Posted by jettio

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave

Just responding to BCD!!

Brock
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
**** the jews

What did "the jews" ever do to you?

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey, I'm a vet who went to Iraq last year. Please tell me the truth now. Come on, please, please,please!

jettio can't do that, if he does you might go ballistic and take him out!!!

..........when can we get the two of you together??????? ROFL

Baby Lee
09-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by jettio

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave

Just responding to BCD!!
I know, and I'm afraid my having to explain the joke won't help your cause ;), but BCD said calling jetster a retard is demeaning to real retards. Your 'thank you' came off like "yeah! us retards don't want to be lumped in with him."

MOhillbilly
09-07-2004, 10:14 AM
What did "the jews" ever do to you?

ZOG.

I believe in the zog about as much as i believe in santa.

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Just to make it all clear for him, I am a vet, I served in Iraq, I am going to reenlist and I am going to vote for Bush, not the lying traitor.

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:15 AM
I know, and I'm afraid my having to explain the joke won't help your cause ;), but BCD said calling jetster a retard is demeaning to real retards. Your 'thank you' came off like "yeah! us retards don't want to be lumped in with him."

I have my days!!!

MOhillbilly
09-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Just to make it all clear for him, I am a vet, I served in Iraq, I am going to reenlist and I am going to vote for Bush, not the lying traitor.

Hmmmmm...........funny cause all my friends and brothers who did tours in Iraq say the samething:hmmm:

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:16 AM

Reps all day long!!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Hmmmmm...........funny cause all my friends and brothers who did tours in Iraq say the samething:hmmm:

Think they know something jettio don't!!!

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't know anything, still waiting to hear the truth!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't know anything, still waiting to hear the truth!

I think the best "truth" we could give you would be jettios home address!!!

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Coordinates for an airstrike?

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Just to make it all clear for him, I am a vet, I served in Iraq, I am going to reenlist and I am going to vote for Bush, not the lying traitor.Thank you, and God speed, soldier!

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Coordinates for an airstrike?

If you got the tools, use 'em!!!! Use the precision ones, don't want any collateral damage!!

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 10:41 AM
GBU-12?

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
GBU-12?

If you used one loaded with CBU-97's (CBU-87?) it might ensure that all of jettio was wiped!!

Do you still use CBU-87's? I know the inventory was drastically reduced in 1991 and hasn't been built back up, at least at the plant that made them in the first place.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/cbu-87.htm

KCHawg
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
I never saw a CBU loaded the whole time I was over there. Lots of MK82's and GBU's though.

jettio
09-07-2004, 12:51 PM
1. first of all i don't love president bush. you ASSume too much. i love my nation and i have utmost RESPECT for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. people like you who call them STUPID piss me the f*ck off...

ignorant fools like yourself would have asked the same questions about "island hopping" and the loss of marines on the road to japan that happened in WW2. so i don't expect any answer i give on why we're in iraq to make any sense to you. if you can come to grips with terms like (permanent) forward base of operations in a region where radical forms of islam is the primary religion there may be hope for you.

2. again, a base of operations. do you think we're going to LEAVE iraq when we've killed all the upstarts who wish to test our trooper's marksmanship? hell no. we're going to occupy and use it to either stage operations in neighboring nations who think they can f*ck with us or our mere presence will scare the shit out of them. pick one.

3. Global War On Terror = erasing all the radical islamic cowards who have turned a peacful religion into a good excuse to kill western civilians and innocent children.

4. my point is this. if you can piss vets off on a bulletin board from the safety of your computer by calling current soldiers STUPID, god help you if you meet one on the street. they tend to get a bit testy when someone calls their selfless service to ingrates like YOU "stupid".

i would expect someone like you to point out erroneous re-enlistment levels. better check your stats again. i am quite sure last time i checked armytimes.com the army got more to re-enlist than they expected.

5. i have never claimed to be "smart". again, i highly DOUBT any answers i give you will make it past your political propaganda.

still waiting on your solutions to this war if bush and all the "stupid" soldiers who "blindly follow him" are substandard in your most informed opinion.

I never called any soldiers stupid. Learn to read, twinkletoes.

I called them getting deader by the minute and ignored by the Bush lovers who don't want to face the fact that there walk in the park in Iraq has turned into a much worse than expected collossal clusterf*ck due to the Stooges and their lack of planning.

Just because Paul Bremer ske-daddled does not mean that US troops getting killed are less dead than the ones killed before.

Spending all of this money and lives just to help contractors make a lot of money rebuilding the place is the biggest mistake any president has made in the last 50 years. Projects are not even getting done because it is still a chaotic mess.

Bush and his minions of idiots called people that did not believe their lies unpatriotic. Don't forget that those azzwipes said that only because they thought it would be easy.

Quit moving the goalposts, it is a poorly planned f*cking failure.

End of Story.

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 12:59 PM

I called them getting deader by the minute and ignored by the Bush lovers who don't want to face the fact that there walk in the park in Iraq has turned into a much worse than expected collossal clusterf*ck due to the Stooges and their lack of planning.

Just because Paul Bremer ske-daddled does not mean that US troops getting killed are less dead than the ones killed before.

Spending all of this money and lives just to help contractors make a lot of money rebuilding the place is the biggest mistake any president has made in the last 50 years. Projects are not even getting done because it is still a chaotic mess.

Bush and his minions of idiots called people that did not believe their lies unpatriotic. Don't forget that those azzwipes said that only because they thought it would be easy.

End of Story.

Tell me who is more unpatriotic, you or those you call unpatriotic? You have no clue as to what patriotism is all about. You probably don't even know what it takes to be a patriot.

jettio
09-07-2004, 01:00 PM

Good for you.

Are you a vet, or active duty?

I have always known veteran to refer to someone who was no longer in the service.

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Good for you.

Are you a vet, or active duty?

I have always known veteran to refer to someone who was no longer in the service.

A veteran is someone that was/is involved with a major conflict. A Viet Nam Veteran, a Desert Storm Veteran, an Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran.

The day you return to your home base you are a Veteran of the conflict you just came out of.

You are puting the Veterans Administration connection to the military personnel you are talking about.

Baby Lee
09-07-2004, 01:09 PM
A veteran is someone that was/is involved with a major conflict. A Viet Nam Veteran, a Desert Storm Veteran, an Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran.

The day you return to your home base you are a Veteran of the conflict you just came out of.

You are puting the Veterans Administration connection to the military personnel you are talking about.
So den, why is dey sendin' all does peoples oveh deyah to fix all dem animos?
http://www.hbo.com/alig/img/home/feature_alig_s2.jpg

Matt Helm
09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
So den, why is dey sendin' all does peoples oveh deyah to fix all dem animos?
http://www.hbo.com/alig/img/home/feature_alig_s2.jpg

???????????????????????????????

I'm old, I don't speak the language.

Baby Lee
09-07-2004, 01:27 PM
???????????????????????????????

I'm old, I don't speak the language.
MODS: Can we get a separate sub-forum for explaining jokes to r8r?

the guy is Sacha Baron-Cohen. He pretends to be an interviewer, and uses different personas [in this case Ali-G] to ask people really stupid questions. AliG speaks with a hip-hip, Londoner, accent. He recently interviewed a Vietnam Veteran who was also a veterinarian. And he kept asking him why he went all the way to Vietnam to work on cows and sheep. And why did vietnam have that many animals that 1,000s of veterinarians had to go over there, etc. etc.

Loki
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM

sua sponte brother. go get 'em.

thanks for your service.

Loki
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM

End of Story.

learn not to edit your posts after the fact. you used the word stupid, and have several times in the past. i'm not that "dunderheaded"...

i guess you haven't heard about war being an industry? do you hold as much contempt to all the contractors there from other nations? gee... france is there , oops and so is germany and russia. didn't they have doubts about this war? europeans are SO much more civilized right? WRONG... phillipines, poland, canada, ukraine, japan, australia, england... cripes the gangs all there. whaddaya know jettio? but it's all about bush and cheney right?

geee it's a chaotic mess? hmmm a warzone being a chaotic mess... guess i missed that about bosnia or chechnya or the sudan... thanks for the tip! note to self: iraq is a chaotic mess because jettio says so.

hmmmm. a fledgeling governemt isn't getting things done in the amount of time that jettio expects them to be done. hmmm lets see. the US is over 200 years old and STILL has problems with it's government. and here we have iraq. a few months old. still having problems getting things done. imagine that? a democracy that is slow to get things done...
note to self: iraq is a chaotic mess that takes too long to get things done because jettio says so. second note to self: democracies are supposed to move faster than this.

a "poorly planned f*cking failure" ... allrightythen. the complete and total eradication of terrorist groups around the world. terrorist who are harbored, trained and sponsored by SEVERAL nations around the world.
should be over in a few more hours. right jettio? i feel betrayed and lied to. bush has made me so sensetive since i'm not realistic about all this.
sob... sniffle.
listen buddy, no one is moving the goalposts but you. you expect this thing to be over in a few days? you're dreaming. this will take years and a lot more lives and money. never again should events like 9/11 or belsan or madrid or lebanon or (pick location) happen again. how do you go about stopping terrorists who eat breathe and sleep how to kill you and your entire family?, how far are you willing to go/pay to retain your freedoms??
wait around? apologize? pay them off? hope it goes away? send in division of penguins?
no, you grow a set of nads and kick the sh*t out of them. you blow up their sh*t in their own backyards. you bring the fight to them on OUR terms, and never turn your back on them. too many past presidencies have treated them like annoying gnats and ignored them. they're not gnats, they're rats. some of us have known this for too long, others have not. time to take out the nests before they multiply and spread the diseases. dig?

jettio
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
learn not to edit your posts after the fact. you used the word stupid, and have several times in the past. i'm not that "dunderheaded"...

i guess you haven't heard about war being an industry? do you hold as much contempt to all the contractors there from other nations? gee... france is there , oops and so is germany and russia. didn't they have doubts about this war? europeans are SO much more civilized right? WRONG... phillipines, poland, canada, ukraine, japan, australia, england... cripes the gangs all there. whaddaya know jettio? but it's all about bush and cheney right?

geee it's a chaotic mess? hmmm a warzone being a chaotic mess... guess i missed that about bosnia or chechnya or the sudan... thanks for the tip! note to self: iraq is a chaotic mess because jettio says so.

hmmmm. a fledgeling governemt isn't getting things done in the amount of time that jettio expects them to be done. hmmm lets see. the US is over 200 years old and STILL has problems with it's government. and here we have iraq. a few months old. still having problems getting things done. imagine that? a democracy that is slow to get things done...
note to self: iraq is a chaotic mess that takes too long to get things done because jettio says so. second note to sefl: democracies are supposed to move faster than this.

a "poorly planned f*cking failure" ... allrightythen. the complete and total eradication of terrorist groups around the world. terrorist who are harbored, trained and sponsored by SEVERAL nations around the world.
should be over in a few more hours. right jettio? i feel betrayed and lied to. bush has made me so sensetive since i'm not realistic about all this.
sob... sniffle.
listen buddy, no one is moving the goalposts but you. you expect this thing to be over in a few days? you're dreaming. this will take years and a lot more lives and money. never again should events like 9/11 or belsan or madrid or lebanon or (pick location) happen again. how do you go about stopping terrorists who eat breathe and sleep how to kill you and your entire family?, how far are you willing to go/pay to retain your freedoms??
wait around? apologize? pay them off? hope it goes away? send in division of penguins?
no, you grow a set of nads and kick the sh*t out of them. you blow up their sh*t in their own backyards. you bring the fight to them on OUR terms, and never turn your back on them. too many past presidencies have treated them like annoying gnats and ignored them. they're not gnats, they're rats. some of us have known this for too long, others have not. time to take out the nests before they multiply and spread the diseases. dig?

You are losing your bearings if you think I would go back and edit my posts.

I am sure that you are a good fellow, Bush divided this country so that people with shared goals are now at each other's throats.

Iraq was argued for under false pretenses, Bush did not honestly work with the United Nations, he screwed up the diplomacy and in the process of lying about his motives, he impugned every American that did not believe that he had advanced an acceptable argument for investing so many resources in a place where every student of the Arab world had said was nothing like the Chalabi and Neo-Con version of immediate utopia.

Bush never cared about understanding the world. he is a hail fellow well met who accidented himself into a most responsible job when very few people really cared about who the President was.

After 9/11, He looked to be headed to rising to the occassion like Harry Truman did when he replaced FDR, but Bush got sidetracked by the folks that he wrongfully hired and who had agendas that placed Israel's supposed interests ahead of US interests.

And once he bought into their stupidity he began a process of deceit to sell the story to the US and the World.

Never before has a President so cynically abused the trust of the People.
He swore an oath when he became President and it was not to just talk a bare majority into approving his stupid plans and then have him call everybody else unpatriotic.

And then his plan turned into an unanticipated pure disaster.

This administration is scandalous about very important stuff. It always tries to prevent openness in government. Opposed 9/11 commission. got its hands slapped by the Supreme Court for its unfair detention procedures and then set the stage for the worst PR disaster in history with the prisoner abuse when we are supposedly trying to convert the Islamic world to Freedom.

I believe in Truth and Truth will get your boy fired, until that day, this country can not heal.

Inspector
09-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Jettio is a girl, right?

Just wondering.

Loki
09-07-2004, 09:45 PM
You are losing your bearings if you think I would go back and edit my posts.

I am sure that you are a good fellow, Bush divided this country so that people with shared goals are now at each other's throats.

Iraq was argued for under false pretenses, Bush did not honestly work with the United Nations, he screwed up the diplomacy and in the process of lying about his motives, he impugned every American that did not believe that he had advanced an acceptable argument for investing so many resources in a place where every student of the Arab world had said was nothing like the Chalabi and Neo-Con version of immediate utopia.

Bush never cared about understanding the world. he is a hail fellow well met who accidented himself into a most responsible job when very few people really cared about who the President was.

After 9/11, He looked to be headed to rising to the occassion like Harry Truman did when he replaced FDR, but Bush got sidetracked by the folks that he wrongfully hired and who had agendas that placed Israel's supposed interests ahead of US interests.

And once he bought into their stupidity he began a process of deceit to sell the story to the US and the World.

Never before has a President so cynically abused the trust of the People.
He swore an oath when he became President and it was not to just talk a bare majority into approving his stupid plans and then have him call everybody else unpatriotic.

And then his plan turned into an unanticipated pure disaster.

This administration is scandalous about very important stuff. It always tries to prevent openness in government. Opposed 9/11 commission. got its hands slapped by the Supreme Court for its unfair detention procedures and then set the stage for the worst PR disaster in history with the prisoner abuse when we are supposedly trying to convert the Islamic world to Freedom.

I believe in Truth and Truth will get your boy fired, until that day, this country can not heal.

then i guess i'm losing my bearings.

shared goals? at each other's throats? if either of us were at each other's throats, we'd know about it. i assure you.
this is an election year dude. nothing more.

dude, if you SERIOUSLY think that the UN is a credible organization you've got problems. they are so friggin corrupt it's NOT funny. i could give a rat's a$$ what they have to say. i'm tired of footing their bills and fighting their sh*tty little wars that never end because there is no profit in it for them otherwise. (see bosnia or kosovo (in their own backyard mind you) or anywhere in africa... the proof is right there.)

(BTW: you used the word "stupid" and "stupidly" again. just pointing that out... again.)

what is there to understand about the world? nations don't have friends, they have interests? wow a new one there... or: terrorists hate and want to kill lots of westerners and they can't be negotiated with due to their (albeit skewed) religious beliefs? another new one.

bush and truman = apples and oranges.

ugh more prisoner abuse bullsh*t. do you know what types of people were being held in abu-grabme prison? the scum of the f*cking earth dude. for instance, one of the prisoners was taken by US forces when they caught the guy sleeping off a triple rape and homicide. this scumbag raped a 5 year old girl, sliced her throat, moved onto the 8 year old sister, raped her, sliced her throat and then raped the mother and sliced HER throat. he left all for dead and went and slept off his wonderful saturday night in an adjoining bedroom. US forces walked into a bloodbath, saved both sisters, lost the mother and beat the living SH*T out of that scumbag and tossed him in the stripey hole to ROT. yeah... let's treat his type real nice. he's a model citizen and plainly misunderstood. he just need a big hug from you jettio. :shake: what if those were YOUR sisters or mother? f*ck abu-grabme and all it's contents.

bush bush bush bush blah blah blah blah lies lies lies lies stupid stupid stupid stupid.

WHATEVER... :rolleyes:
get used to it. there will be 4 more years of him.

Inspector
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
newsflash:

I haven't told you this for awhile, but it bears repeating:

Thanks for your service to our country!

Loki
09-07-2004, 09:58 PM
I haven't told you this for awhile, but it bears repeating:

Thanks for your service to our country!

again, i am in no way shape or form looking for accolades. i am much more concerned that people respect the current grunts slugging it out for us NOW. they're giving us our long awaited paybacks one day at a time under extremely harsh conditions. THEY deserve the accolades... not me.

all i ask is that people show our armed forces the proper understanding, respect and support regardless of their political views. they're the ones sweating and bleeding for our freedoms. i don't take their sacrifices lightly.

dig?

Inspector
09-07-2004, 10:05 PM
:clap:
And thanks for your service too!

I owe you and Loki a beer if we ever met up.

Duck Dog
09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
again, i am in no way shape or form looking for accolades. i am much more concerned that people respect the current grunts slugging it out for us NOW. they're giving us our long awaited paybacks one day at a time under extremely harsh conditions. THEY deserve the accolades... not me.

all i ask is that people show our armed forces the proper understanding, respect and support regardless of their political views. they're the ones sweating and bleeding for our freedoms. i don't take their sacrifices lightly.

dig?

Well said.

In the 60's they were blammed by the left. Today we are used by the left.

I never did expect anyones gratitude. Something a soldier won't get from the left and something I never wanted from them.

Inspector
09-07-2004, 10:15 PM

dig?

I dig totally!

I have a son in Iraq right now and I really appreciate the stance you are stating. He and all of the heroes have our support. Just wish we could do more.

We need to support our guys - no doubt about it.

Anyway, I try to thank any and all of our fighting men whoever they are and wherever they are! You deserve are respect and thanks. Because of you and people like you (and others on here) we can sleep a little safer tonight.

Duck Dog
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM
I dig totally!

I have a son in Iraq right now and I really appreciate the stance you are stating. He and all of the heroes have our support. Just wish we could do more.

Anyway, I try to thank any and all of our fighting men whoever they are and wherever they are! You deserve are respect and thanks. Because of you and people like you (and others on here) we can sleep a little safer tonight.

My parents can appreciate the position you're in. They had to live through more than one deplyment of mine.

Making our parents proud is most important.

Tell him he has tons of support from here.

Loki
09-07-2004, 10:28 PM
I dig totally!

and i really appreciate your son's contribution and sacrifice. i hope he comes home safe. my prayers are with him.

what branch is he in?

Loki
09-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Well said.

In the 60's they were blammed by the left. Today we are used by the left.

I never did expect anyones gratitude. Something a soldier won't get from the left and something I never wanted from them.

well said yourself.

Inspector
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
My parents can appreciate the position you're in. They had to live through more than one deplyment of mine.

Making our parents proud is most important.

Tell him he has tons of support from here.

Will do.

Thanks!

Inspector
09-07-2004, 10:47 PM
and i really appreciate your son's contribution and sacrifice. i hope he comes home safe. my prayers are with him.

what branch is he in?

National Guard. He drives a "Buffalo" and is currently in Scania - about 60 miles south of Bagdad. You probably already know what a Buffalo is - a huge truck with a long arm (with camera) that can pick up whatever they find - so they don't have to touch it.

Currently he goes around and finds bombs, (live and duds) weapons, etc...and then blows them up.

He was home for a few weeks in July and should be home (for good) in February.

And yes, he is talking about re-enlisting and going back. We support his decisions - although mom gets a little nervous. He sent a note the other day telling us he got a medal for blowing up a live bomb. Mom didn't sleep well for a few nights.....

Loki
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
National Guard. He drives a "Buffalo" and is currently in Scania - about 60 miles south of Bagdad. You probably already know what a Buffalo is - a huge truck with a long arm (with camera) that can pick up whatever they find - so they don't have to touch it.

Currently he goes around and finds bombs, (live and duds) weapons, etc...and then blows them up.

He was home for a few weeks in July and should be home (for good) in February.

And yes, he is talking about re-enlisting and going back. We support his decisions - although mom gets a little nervous. He sent a note the other day telling us he got a medal for blowing up a live bomb. Mom didn't sleep well for a few nights.....

wow... what a job. the hazardous duty pay doesn't seem worth it sometimes.

you both must have a hard time sleeping knowing where he is and what he's doing.

dang inspector. my hats off to you and yours.
:wayne:

MOhillbilly
09-08-2004, 10:18 AM
if they gave Purple Hearts for mentalscars and wounds,how many vets would recieve em'? 100s? 1000? or hundreds of thousands?

Take the time to talk to a vet in a non-political bullshitassway and you'll find some REAL truth inside.
I asked my dad once about it.nevere asked again.
Didnt bother to ask my brother,didnt have to.I could hear it in his voice first phone call.
Almost got into a knife fight w/ my bro cause he was drunk and just back in the state acouple weeks.Dude is up for 3 purple hearts has a hole in his leg you can stick your pinky in.
If you could have asked any of em' they'd do it again take that pain inside and out,for the reasons that make Americans what they are.
im not spelling it out.And the old man was a card carrying DEM.
get it.