PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Sure Likes the Word "Wrong" (A New Flip-Flop On Iraq)

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
I think he's said it 50 times in this speech he's giving. It's overkill. He's turning what could be an effective campaign slogan (not real optimisitc and positive, but whatever) into a joke. He's also rambling - he needs to focus on a couple issues and hammer them home. Instead he's talking about Iraq, then stem cell research, then education, then Iraq, then jobs, then Iraq. He's a good speaker in this kind of setting, but he's all over the place with his speech.

Anyway, this was supposed to be his speech that would once and for all put his position on Iraq in clear focus. Unfortunately, he makes a lot of the same old arguments but is now saying we spent too much in going to war. Last year, however, he was saying just the opposite:

<U>Kerry, today:</U>

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> I would not have made the wrong choices that are forcing us to pay nearly the entire cost of this war more than $200 billion that we're not investing in education, health care and job creation here at home.

<U>Kerry, last year on NBC News, Meet the Press, August 31, 2003</U>

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> No. I think we should increase it.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Increase funding?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> Yes.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> By how much?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim.

Cochise
09-08-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't believe anymore that he intends to take a clear positiong on Iraq ever.

You know, if you're bored, you should put together a thread about all these different positions on Iraq that sKerry has had. It could be bumped every time he introduces a new one or flips back to an old one. :hmmm:

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 09:38 AM
I don't believe anymore that he intends to take a clear positiong on Iraq ever.

You know, if you're bored, you should put together a thread about all these different positions on Iraq that sKerry has had. It could be bumped every time he introduces a new one or flips back to an old one. :hmmm:

Hey, I get bored...but I'm not THAT bored ;)

memyselfI
09-08-2004, 09:41 AM
I think he's said it 50 times in this speech he's giving. It's overkill. He's turning what could be an effective campaign slogan (not real optimisitc and positive, but whatever) into a joke. He's also rambling - he needs to focus on a couple issues and hammer them home. Instead he's talking about Iraq, then stem cell research, then education, then Iraq, then jobs, then Iraq. He's a good speaker in this kind of setting, but he's all over the place with his speech.

Anyway, this was supposed to be his speech that would once and for all put his position on Iraq in clear focus. Unfortunately, he makes a lot of the same old arguments but is now saying we spent too much in going to war. Last year, however, he was saying just the opposite:

<U>Kerry, today:</U>

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> I would not have made the wrong choices that are forcing us to pay nearly the entire cost of this war more than $200 billion that we're not investing in education, health care and job creation here at home.

<U>Kerry, last year on NBC News, Meet the Press, August 31, 2003</U>

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> No. I think we should increase it.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Increase funding?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> Yes.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> By how much?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim.

Uh, you are conveniently ignoring the point he made that the REASON we are paying so much more than projected is because we did not have allies on board willing to pay either with bodies or with money so we are left holding the bag...which was not the case that was presented to the Congress in the quest for their approval of funds.

I believe Kerry wants to spend whatever it takes to fix the situation. But he wants to do so with the understanding that we have allies on board who will match the investment with their own blood and money...

How does he go about getting these allies? Sharing the contracts and opening up the bidding process.

Frankie
09-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Kerry Sure Likes the Word "Wrong"

"W" STANDS FOR WRONG.

Of course Bush is thinking this is dumb because his middle initial is not 'R.'

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Even better than the new mantra, is the goosestepping that Frankie is already doing to the new song...

Nice work!

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Uh, you are conveniently ignoring the point he made that the REASON we are paying so much more than projected is because we did not have allies on board willing to pay either with bodies or with money so we are left holding the bag...which was not the case that was presented to the Congress in the quest for their approval of funds.

I believe Kerry wants to spend whatever it takes to fix the situation. But he wants to do so with the understanding that we have allies on board who will match the investment with their own blood and money...

How does he go about getting these allies? Sharing the contracts and opening up the bidding process.

You don't really believe that $18 billion in contracts is going to entice allies to send 140K more troops into the war on terror (as Kerry defined it yesterday), do you? Or are you saying that the allies are going to send us tens of billions of dollars so that they can bid on $18 billion in contracts? Also, remember, that Kerry's plan is to turn that reconstruction money over to the UN to let them administer (after they proved themselve so competent with handling money in Iraq), further weakening the argument that you claim he's making.

Listening to Kerry speak today it seems he wants to get the allies into Iraq to replace the US troops and let them win the war. Or lose the war. He doesn't seem to care either way.

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 10:01 AM
"W" STANDS FOR WRONG.

Of course Bush is thinking this is dumb because his middle initial is not 'R.'

Like I said...it's a clever little slogan, but he drives it into the ground.

Like Seinfeld says, always leave them wanting more...

Besides, on November 2nd, W will stand for "WINNER" ;)

Frankie
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Like I said...it's a clever little slogan, but he drives it into the ground.

Like Seinfeld says, always leave them wanting more...

Besides, on November 2nd, W will stand for "WINNER" ;)
Since DUHbya is chickening out of debates too, here's another one:

'W" STANDS FOR WHIMP.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 10:12 AM

'W" STANDS FOR WHIMP.

hey dumbass, there is no h in wimp.

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 10:13 AM

'W" STANDS FOR WHIMP.

Is that like Potato with an 'e'?

I'd leave it to the professionals...

Cochise
09-08-2004, 10:13 AM
hey dumbazz, there is no h in wimp.

I think Cranky has now earned his retard merit badge ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I think it's qualified retraction time, at least until you can find a dictionary that proves you right, which you wont bother to find time to look up.

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I think Cranky has now earned his retard merit badge ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

'W' stands for Wetard...

Frankie
09-08-2004, 10:30 AM
hey dumbass, there is no h in wimp.

Neither "Wimp" nor "Whimp" show up in my Webster. So we are kind of on our own how we want to interpret it. "Whimper," however, has among it's definitions "To cry, or to utter with low fretful broken voice." Kinda like DUHbya's whimpiness! I take that variation until someone shows me that the no 'h' spelling is valid. Then I promise, I'll edit and correct all posts to make your little booboo go away.

Taco John
09-08-2004, 10:33 AM
5 entries found for wimp (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wimp)

Taco John
09-08-2004, 10:34 AM
No entry found for whimp. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=whimp)

Did you mean whomp?

Suggestions:
whomp
whump
wimp
wimpy
wh imp
wh-imp
whi mp
whi-mp
whimper
whim
whip
himp
vimp
wamp

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Neither "Wimp" nor "Whimp" show up in my Webster. So we are kind of on our own how we want to interpret it. "Whimper," however, has among it's definitions "To cry, or to utter with low fretful broken voice." Kinda like DUHbya's whimpiness! I take that variation until someone shows me that the no 'h' spelling is valid. Then I promise, I'll edit and correct all posts to make your little booboo go away.

OMFG! And I was joking!

Frankie
09-08-2004, 10:40 AM
No entry found for whimp. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=whimp)

Did you mean whomp?

Suggestions:
whomp
whump
wimp
wimpy
wh imp
wh-imp
whi mp
whi-mp
whimper
whim
whip
himp
vimp
wamp

Thanks Taco,

As promised I'll spend the next few minutes editing my posts (all except those related to stevie's eloquent correction) for correct spelling. I'm a man of my word.

"W" STANDS FOR WIMP.

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 10:41 AM
This guy pretty much agrees with me on Kerry. He can be a good speaker, but he's all over the map and hasn't honed his message into something that is coherent and compelling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5934784/site/newsweek/

Also, he thinks Kerry's "W stands for Wrong" slogan is "childish". I think it would be more effective as a punchline. But the Kerry camp is now pinning all their hopes on the "Right-Track/WRONG-Track" number...neglecting to remember that Clinton's RT-WR number the week before he was re-elected stood at 39%-53%.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Kerry thinks privatizing SS is wrong. WTF? Could someone please teel me how this could be wrong?

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Kerry thinks privatizing SS is wrong. WTF? Could someone please teel me how this could be wrong?

Maybe Jaz will come over and express his outrage over Kerry scaring Americans with his pet issue...

:rolleyes:

KCTitus
09-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Also, he thinks Kerry's "W stands for Wrong" slogan is "childish". I think it would be more effective as a punchline.

I disagree...it's short not exactly witty, but it doesnt really need to be. It's just short and catchy enough that the organs can begin playing to get everyone chanting it.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Kerry thinks privatizing SS is wrong. WTF? Could someone please teel me how this could be wrong?BUMP for jAZ...

NewChief
09-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Do we have definitive proof that Kerry likes the word wrong?

I request that the thread title be changed to read:

"There is no definitive proof of the following comment, it is the author's opinion only:"

I would hate for some innocent reader to see that title, not delve any deeper, and leave with the impression that Kerry really does, indeed, like (maybe even love?!?!?!?!?) the word "wrong."