PDA

View Full Version : DEATH IN GAZA

Lightning Rod
09-08-2004, 11:27 AM
DEATH IN GAZA

Rated TV14: ADULT CONTENT, VIOLENCE

Running Time: 80 minutes

Genre: Documentary

In the spring of 2003, Emmy(R)-winning filmmaker James Miller and his colleague Saira Shah set out to document the lives of three Palestinian children growing up in the bullet-riddled streets of Gaza. The film ends on a day like many other days in the town of Rafah--with death--except that on this day, the fallen victim is Miller himself. This poignant and powerful film is Miller's shocking first-hand look at the culture of hate that permeates the West Bank and Gaza through the perspective of three Palestinian children who have grown up surrounded by messages of hate against Israel--and who have been taught that the greatest glory is to die a martyr.

Actors:

Director(s): JAMES MILLER

ALL SHOWINGS, HBO/MAX East

DATE/TIME CHANNEL
Sun 9/12 01:00 PM HBO2 - EAST
Sun 9/12 04:00 PM HBO2 - WEST
Wed 9/15 08:30 AM HBO SIGNATURE - EAST
Wed 9/15 11:30 AM HBO SIGNATURE - WEST
Mon 9/20 01:30 PM HBO2 - EAST
Mon 9/20 04:30 PM HBO2 - WEST

I watched this last night. It is a very disturbing documentary. It is IMO, very much from the Palestinian perspective. It in no way gives the Israelis a chance to respond and in some cases a response was sorely needed. Strangely this show left me even less sympathetic with the Arabs. Hate is preached in the schools. Children think it is cool to die. Older militants use children as scouts because, who would suspect a kid? and if they die there are plenty more to take their place. The kids make homemade grenades to hopefully kill Israelis with, yet when one of the reporters asked the kid if he was afraid of being shot he said" why would they want to shoot me I'm just a kid" You can't help but feel sorry for the kids as they have been brainwashed to hate. This is a truly sad documentary.

Brock
09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
I watched it also. It is no wonder that absolutely nothing has been contributed to the world by the Arab community in centuries, besides the invention of bomb vests.

Lightning Rod
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I watched it also. It is no wonder that absolutely nothing has been contributed to the world by the Arab community in centuries, besides the invention of bomb vests.

Yeah, it makes the idea of peace in the middle east look pretty silly. I am getting more isolationist every day. If someone can come up with a viable alternative to importing oil, I'd be all for letting these people rot in their stinky oil soaked sand box.

Radar Chief
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah, it makes the idea of peace in the middle east look pretty silly. I am getting more isolationist every day. If someone can come up with a viable alternative to importing oil, I'd be all for letting these people rot in their stinky oil soaked sand box.

Bio-diesel (a.k.a. Soy-diesel).
Iím very seriously thinking my next vehicle will be diesel because of it.