PDA

View Full Version : Jaz, does your employer know that you are screwing around on the computer?

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:01 PM
You should be earning your wages instead of playing with yourself.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Being on the computer often gives the illusion of working. Its an art.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Being on the computer often gives the illusion of working. Its an art.

It could be, that's why we use the firewall and blocking software here. My employees don't get the option to play, at least if they haven't figured a way around the blocks.

RINGLEADER
09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Jaz has a job?

Saulbadguy
09-08-2004, 01:18 PM
It could be, that's why we use the firewall and blocking software here. My employees don't get the option to play, at least if they haven't figured a way around the blocks.
That is one advantage of working in IT. You configure the firewall and blocking software. :D

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
That is one advantage of working in IT. You configure the firewall and blocking software. :D

I don't typically have problems with my guys, they all have shares in the company and if they screw around the profit sharing amounts go down.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2004, 01:21 PM
I don't typically have problems with my guys, they all have shares in the company and if they screw around the profit sharing amounts go down.
And there in lies the advantage of working for government. No incentives.

KC Jones
09-08-2004, 01:25 PM
For some reason I'm thinking about stovetop cooking vessels. Something about pots, kettles, and the color black. I just can't quite put my finger on it though.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:26 PM
And there in lies the advantage of working for government. No incentives.

Actually I own my own business. You must have missed the part of being a reserve.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
For some reason I'm thinking about stovetop cooking vessels. Something about pots, kettles, and the color black. I just can't quite put my finger on it though.

That's because your finger is probably up your a$$.

As stated before, I own my business. (Makes me the boss!!)

Ever run your own business? You delegate to your managers/supervisors and hold them responsible for their work. Then you go to the golf course or do whatever you need. Ain't cell phones great?

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:29 PM
This thread is te...the gh....the gay.

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:29 PM

As stated before, I own my business. (Makes me the boss!!)

Ever run your own business? You delegate to your managers/supervisors and hold them responsible for their work. Then you go to the golf course or do whatever you need. Ain't cell phones great?

Hey.. . autograph.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:31 PM
This thread is te...the gh....the gay.

I'll tell Guido, my collections officer what you think.

What is your address?

alanm
09-08-2004, 01:31 PM
It could be, that's why we use the firewall and blocking software here. My employees don't get the option to play, at least if they haven't figured a way around the blocks.So who's keeping tabs on YOUR productivity?ROFL

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
So who's keeping tabs on YOUR productivity?ROFL

I am productive from 0800 to about 0900 twice a week. The rest of the time I let the company run itself. When it's time for startup's and the like I hit the road. Like tonight, I head out for 10 days in Dallas.

Have fun with it girls, I'm out for a while. (at least til I get hooked up in Dallas.)

Saulbadguy
09-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Actually I own my own business. You must have missed the part of being a reserve.
I was refering to my job.

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Americans are some of the hardest working people in the world. We've earned our great lifestyle, and we deserve to drive towards more, and we also deserve to be able to have leisure time and screw around on the internet.

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
We deserve good houses and good cars and sending our kids to good colleges. We are free and we kick ass.

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I'll tell Guido, my collections officer what you think.

What is your address?

Again, autograph.

Amnorix
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
What business is it of yours (or anyones) to worry about the productivity of someone else's employees?!

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 01:49 PM
What business is it of yours (or anyones) to worry about the productivity of someone else's employees?!

Maybe it was just an attempt to say...

"I own my own business, blah, blah, blah, my dick tastes a little graper than yesterday, I'm better than you."

This one kid told me his dad made $150,000 a year working at some place. I just looked at him and said, "Autograph."

jAZ
09-08-2004, 01:51 PM
ROFL

(I'm sure r8er_h8er posted this from work)

ROFL

Amnorix
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
ROFL

(I'm sure r8er_h8er posted this from work)

ROFL

But that's okay, because he owns the company so the rules don't apply to him. Because you're just a shill, he's pointing out that you're bad for doing the same thing he's doing, because the rules do apply to you, presumably.

Absolutely amazing...

MOhillbilly
09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
i own my own buisness but cant make money at it,so i figured out a way to play on CP all day and get paid fer it.

Life works in strange mother****in ways.dont it kids?

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Pound sand.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
But that's okay, because he owns the company so the rules don't apply to him. Because you're just a shill, he's pointing out that you're bad for doing the same thing he's doing, because the rules do apply to you, presumably.

Absolutely amazing...

In the past I've worked for micromanagers. I tend to be that way myself so I make a seperation to prevent it. I've got good people, and quite a few projects working.

Whine all you want. I'm set.....how about you?

What amoron(ix)!!

KC Jones
09-08-2004, 02:16 PM

hit a nerve did I?

sorry, I didn't realize you were tho thenthitive :thailor:

Cochise
09-08-2004, 02:23 PM
My name is Cochise, and I am goofing off at work.

(Of course, I've become adept at posting while on the phone, listening to conferences, not using the PC, etc.. but anyway.)

Saggysack
09-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Why yes, my employer does know I take a few hours on the computer for myself everyday.

Matt Helm
09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
hit a nerve did I?

sorry, I didn't realize you were tho thenthitive :thailor:

What nerve? I just considered that you couldn't have your finger up your ass and put it on the thought you had.

In retrospect if your finger was up your ass, it was on your mind.

Amnorix
09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
My name is Cochise, and I am goofing off at work.

(Of course, I've become adept at posting while on the phone, listening to conferences, not using the PC, etc.. but anyway.)

You might want to be careful about giving out your real name or employer information on this board, however. Somebody might think they're doing the world a favor by ratting you out to your employer.

But then, your politics are in line with those who seem, err, unusually curious about this type of information, so you're probably safe.

KC Jones
09-08-2004, 02:30 PM
What nerve? I just considered that you couldn't have your finger up your ass and put it on the thought you had.

In retrospect if your finger was up your ass, it was on your mind.

ROFL

You got me that time.

You're a winner!!!!!

:thumb:

Cochise
09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
You might want to be careful about giving out your real name or employer information on this board, however. Somebody might think they're doing the world a favor by ratting you out to your employer.

But then, your politics are in line with those who seem, err, unusually curious about this type of information, so you're probably safe.

I wasn't planning on divulging any of that information... seems I might have skipped an interesting part of the thread :hmmm:

So... someone planning on taking board disagreements into RL? That would be extraordinarily lame... :hmmm:

Cochise
09-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Ah, ok. I'm caught up now. Amoronix was almost a good bastardization of your board handle though ROFL

I'm sure something could be made out of mine too, but I had a near-chuckle at that.

KC Jones
09-08-2004, 02:37 PM
I wasn't planning on divulging any of that information... seems I might have skipped an interesting part of the thread :hmmm:

So... someone planning on taking board disagreements into RL? That would be extraordinarily lame... :hmmm:

That Cowboy troll Jason Enrz (whatever) got a call at work years ago about spamming the planet constantly (or was it the star). I've also heard of the 'prez' and his boys tracking down people in real life to harass. Quite psychotic that one.

Amnorix
09-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Ah, ok. I'm caught up now. Amoronix was almost a good bastardization of your board handle though ROFL

"Amoronix" is actually just about the first glimmer of any kind of intelligence lurking behind his posts. :) Lord knows in all other respects his posts are generally devoid of intelligence. :LOL:

Cochise
09-08-2004, 03:45 PM
"Amoronix" is actually just about the first glimmer of any kind of intelligence lurking behind his posts. :) Lord knows in all other respects his posts are generally devoid of intelligence. :LOL:

Whatever you say Amoronix :p :p