PDA

View Full Version : Mods editorializing thread titles is fair play, IMO.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 12:33 AM
This is a disturbing new thing... It's odd, because it's a totally partisain phenomenon...

When the Swift Boat Vets were proven to be liars, I didn't see Mods fixing the thread titles to reflect their lies...

Can we get a policy clarification on this from someone? What events have to take place to get a thread title changed? For instance, can I send a "report this post" for everytime one of us wants one changed to reflect our political take on the matter?

Cochise
09-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Just the blatantly false ones

patteeu
09-09-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm not in favor of changing thread titles, but when did the swiftvets get "proven to be liars?" There are a bunch of swiftvets making a bunch of claims. If one of those claims made by one of those vets is proven to be false does that make every claim by every vet a lie? Do you feel the same way about all Democrats now that John Kerry's Cambodia story has been shown to be untruthful?

Patriot 21
09-09-2004, 06:23 AM
It's odd, because it's a totally partisain phenomenon...

Yes, lies and lying are quite prevelent in the partisan left now a days aren't they?

As for the rest......if you don't like it, I say; don't let the door hit you in the @ss.

whoman69
09-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Yes, lies and lying are quite prevelent in the partisan left now a days aren't they?

As for the rest......if you don't like it, I say; don't let the door hit you in the @ss.
So lies are ok or non-existent from the right?

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 06:35 AM
So lies are ok or non-existent from the right?
Both.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 06:38 AM
.... Do you feel the same way about all Democrats now that John Kerry's Cambodia story has been shown to be untruthful?

Of course not silly; these wacko Kerry supporters (yes, YOU, TJ....despite your pathetic caveats....) have STANDARDS....

DOUBLE standards, mind you, but standards nonetheless.... :rolleyes:

:shake:

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Dial 1-800-Wha-aaaa

You EDITORIALIZE your entire board, anytime ANYONE annoys you in the slightest, you disable their ability to post or ban them entirely.....your defense has been, "if you don't like it...it's my board :harumph: "

So, WHAT are you whinin' about.....?

headsnap
09-09-2004, 06:44 AM
Dial 1-800-Wha-aaaa

he hates the fact that this isn't his board. ;)

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 06:45 AM
he hates the fact that this isn't his board. ;)

That's PRECISELY right.... ROFL

NewChief
09-09-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm not exactly one to whine or get involved in silly board disputes, but I agree that it's a little over the line to change thread titles. However, if your goal is to validate comparisons between modern conservative methodology and Orwellian propaganda techniques, you're doing a damned fine job.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2004, 06:47 AM
This thread should change to "Mods are now editorializing our thread titles! IT'S BUSHIES FAULT!"

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 06:49 AM
This thread should change to "Mods are now editorializing our thread titles! IT'S BUSHIES FAULT!"

ROFL

memyselfI
09-09-2004, 06:50 AM
This is a disturbing new thing... It's odd, because it's a totally partisain phenomenon...

When the Swift Boat Vets were proven to be liars, I didn't see Mods fixing the thread titles to reflect their lies...

Can we get a policy clarification on this from someone? What events have to take place to get a thread title changed? For instance, can I send a "report this post" for everytime one of us wants one changed to reflect our political take on the matter?

Where have you been? The phenomenon currently appears to be RW Con Mods changing LW liberal posts. :hmmm:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96649&highlight=paul+hamm

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2004, 07:13 AM
OH NO! Someone call the...

Boozer
09-09-2004, 07:20 AM
OH NO! Someone call the...

Here comes a bunny with a pancake on its head...pulling a goatse.

http://sam.zoy.org/fun/goatse/bunny.gif

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Here comes a bunny with a pancake on its head...pulling a goatse.

http://sam.zoy.org/fun/goatse/bunny.gifBADASS!

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 07:29 AM
I see it's happened on 2 threads...the titles as originally posted were false. I personally think the impact is better when they remain false and the author refuses to 'sack up'.

I dont see this as a disturbing trend, though.

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
If you and duhniese have a problem with it you could both just leave..........

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
I see it's happened on 2 threads...the titles as originally posted were false. I personally think the impact is better when they remain false and the author refuses to 'sack up'.

I dont see this as a disturbing trend, though.

...the titles as originally posted were false.

Hmmmmm, does this fact bear ANY relevance to this issue? :hmmm:

:)

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 07:45 AM
If you and duhniese have a problem with it you could both just leave..........

I Have a Dream!

I have a Dream....that one day, CP children can join hands in a world free of deception, free of lies and free of deciet; I have a dream, that one day this fine BB will be free of demagoguery and propaganda from the rabid left; I have a dream, that one day, the incessant trolling and spamming of the board by morons will cease; I have a dream, that one day CP posters will be judged not by the idioacy of those repugnant posters who defile our BB, but by the content of our character.....I have a dream....

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 07:48 AM
I Have a Dream!

I have a Dream....that one day, CP children can join hands in a world free of deception, free of lies and free of deciet; I have a dream, that one day this fine BB will be free of demagoguery and propaganda from the rabid left; I have a dream, that one day, the incessant trolling and spamming of the board by morons will cease; I have a dream, that one day CP posters will be judged not by the idioacy of those repugnant posters who defile our BB, but by the content of our character.....I have a dream....

I have a gun.......I think my way would be better.......:evil:

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 07:57 AM
I have a gun.......I think my way would be better.......:evil:

Certainly, it would be quicker and more efficient....maybe that Stalin dude, or Commie China are right about such things afterall.... :hmmm:

ROFL

Brock
09-09-2004, 08:00 AM
You could post a "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back" thread and see if that works.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
You could post a "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back" thread and see if that works.

OMFG....no idiot would do THAT now, would they? :hmmm:

ROFL

Mark M
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM
I have no idea what this is all about, but since when do false thread titles merit a mod's edits?

Seriously? I've seen dozens of threads with something incorrect in their titles in other forums that were never changed. Is this a DC forum only thing?

MM
~~:shrug:

Mark M
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM

ROFL

MM
~~:clap:

the Talking Can
09-09-2004, 08:17 AM
I have no idea what this is all about, but since when do false thread titles merit a mod's edits?

Seriously? I've seen dozens of threads with something incorrect in their titles in other forums that were never changed. Is this a DC forum only thing?

MM

its an RNC thing only....

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 08:19 AM

And stick to it.............

BigRedChief
09-09-2004, 08:20 AM

MM

As much as I can't stand TJ there is a point here that hasn't been addressed. Are post titles being altered and if so are only "Liberal" ones being altered.

jAZ
09-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Can someone ask RL if anyone ever changed any of his blatantly false thread titles? He's had dozens if not hundreds.

We were at one point going to get RW, Moderate and LW Mods for this forum.

I believe they were even elected.

At this point, I'm almost certain that there are no LW mods anywhere on ChiefsPlanet. Which is why sh!t like this goes on.

:shrug:

Frankie
09-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Once again the righties are trying to drown a legitimate issue by whooping and hollering and making fun of the issue-raiser. A strategy of diversion learned from that of their candidate's campaign. However, the fact remains that mods, despite their own feelings, should remain neutral in practice. Anything less is an UNETHICAL abuse of power. This thing is done by one or perhaps two. But it casts an undeserving bad light on the rest.

jAZ
09-09-2004, 08:25 AM

MM
It's a Republican Mod thing.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:26 AM
... Is this a DC forum only thing?

MM

I think I've only seen it here...

jAZ
It's a mod who doesn't really deserve to be a mod thing. And hasn't for a very long time thing.

Frankie
As much as I can't stand TJ there is a point here that hasn't been addressed. Are post titles being altered and if so are only "Liberal" ones being altered.

Yes and yes.

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Can someone ask RL if anyone ever changed any of his blatantly false thread titles? He's had dozens if not hundreds.

At this point, I'm almost certain that there are no LW mods anywhere on ChiefsPlanet. Which is why sh!t like this goes on.

:deevee: :deevee::deevee:.................lmfao

Mark M
09-09-2004, 08:27 AM
As much as I can't stand TJ there is a point here that hasn't been addressed. Are post titles being altered and if so are only "Liberal" ones being altered?

If it's only liberal ones, then that may be an issue. However, someone would have to check and make sure before castigating anyone and crying foul -- I don't have the time to do that.

Regardless, I don't see changing a thread title simply because it's "false" as being a good enough reason. If it's offensive, troll-like or something else then fine.

IMHO, changing a thread title is counter-productive. If it's truly false, then the person who posted it will be exposed as one who can't be trusted. In other words, let them hang themself.

MM

jAZ
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes, and IIRC think its always by the same RW mod. One who has proven to be hateful and prone to relentless personal attacks. But I'd need them to step forward and admit their action before I could confirm my theory.

Frankie
09-09-2004, 08:29 AM

Gross misrepresentaion, we've seen, has worked so far for the Bush campaign. Why not for the Repubs on this forum. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Yes, and IIRC think its always by the same RW mod. One who has proven to be hateful and prone to relentless personal attacks. But I'd need them to step forward and admit their action before I could confirm my theory.

Key phrase here, "hateful and prone to relentless personal attacks"....moderates and right wingers are not capable of THAT. :harumph:

That proves your hunch is wrong; it HAS to be a LW Mod.... :p

Iowanian
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
If you libs don't get out of those wet Bloomers..you're bound to catch the vaginitis. Jaz's has already aparently turned into Herpagonnasyphyllria.

King_Chief_Fan
09-09-2004, 08:32 AM

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
If you libs don't get out of those wet Bloomers..you're bound to catch the vaginitis. Jaz's has already aparently turned into Herpagonnasyphyllria.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

jAZ
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Key phrase here, "hateful and prone to relentless personal attacks"....moderates and right wingers are not capable of THAT. :harumph:

That proves your hunch is wrong; it HAS to be a LW Mod.... :p
:D :p

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Wah....

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 08:36 AM
We need a moderate moderator...STAT!

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Wah....wah....

patteeu
09-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Once again the righties are trying to drown a legitimate issue by whooping and hollering and making fun of the issue-raiser. A strategy of diversion learned from that of their candidate's campaign. However, the fact remains that mods, despite their own feelings, should remain neutral in practice. Anything less is an UNETHICAL abuse of power. This thing is done by one or perhaps two. But it casts an undeserving bad light on the rest.

Frankie, I think you should let people with a better sense of honor fight this battle for you. This isn't a good issue for you anyway, it just brings attention to the thread on which you made a fool of yourself. If I were you I'd ask everyone to just let it die.

Mark M
Wah....

Okay ... who the hell took a picture of my son and put it on the Internet?

MM
~~:sulk: :D

Mr. Kotter

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Wah....wah....

Your son is Mini-Me? :spock:

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
LOL..."Happy baby news"!

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
I thought "Moderate Moderator" sounded cool. Try saying that 10 times fast.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Dial 1-800-Wha-aaaa

You EDITORIALIZE your entire board, anytime ANYONE annoys you in the slightest, you disable their ability to post or ban them entirely.....your defense has been, "if you don't like it...it's my board :harumph: "

wow... I see lying doesn't only hold with politics, but stretches over into other areas...

jAZ
09-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Frankie, I think you should let people with a better sense of honor fight this battle for you. This isn't a good issue for you anyway, it just brings attention to the thread on which you made a fool of yourself. If I were you I'd ask everyone to just let it die.
Now someone who's ever made a mistake shouldn't participate?

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Wwwwahhhhhhh!

Saulbadguy
From what i've seen, the Political Forum over at the Mane isn't even moderated.

Mark M
Your son is Mini-Me? :spock:
No ... he's Mini-Mark.

MM
~~;)

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:46 AM

It's pretty easy to castigate the liberals when you've got only conservative mods changing the thread titles around this place. I'd have no problem with thread title changing if you gave an equally partisain mod the ability to battle back. It's not anywhere close to fair that Russ is allowed the power to change titles he sees fit, and not give, say, Jaz, who is equally partisain but on the other side, the ability to do the same...

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:47 AM
wow... I see lying doesn't only hold with politics, but stretches over into other areas...

If you wish to deny it, fine; I think anyone from here who has lurked at your place for any length of time.....or attempted to draw your ire with fake accounts (WHO would do that? :hmmm: ), can attest to the truth of my contention....

But, hey, "Denial" isn't just a river in Africa.... :)

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
From what i've seen, the Political Forum over at the Mane isn't even moderated.

Hell no! This is exactly the kind of problem I want to avoid. I let people argue politics at their own discretion, and when I do moderate, it's 100% bi-partisain...

jettio
09-09-2004, 08:50 AM
I notice when I disprove a false claim the thread just drops like a Genesis Space probe right into the desert floor.

Since the wingtards run away from the thread after it has been weighted down with truth they are not able to modify the title.

I don't think they intentionally fail to alter the thread title, it just does not occur to them as they run away.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:50 AM
....it's 100% bi-partisain...

Not remotely humanly possible....another lie. :)

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:51 AM
If you wish to deny it, fine; I think anyone from here who has lurked at your place for any length of time.....or attempted to draw your ire with fake accounts (WHO would do that? :hmmm: ), can attest to the truth of my contention....

But, hey, "Denial" isn't just a river in Africa.... :)

Oh, you're talking about fake accounts? Yeah, I ban 98% of fake accounts... Especially if they are created for the intention of trolling...

I don't change thread titles at my political whimsy... Never have I done that even once.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Not remotely humanly possible....another lie. :)

Ask anyone on my board... I dare you. Post a thread asking if the Politics forum is moderated bi-partisainly.

I'd wager that near 100% would say, when I do moderate the forum, it's damned bi-partisain.

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I notice when I disprove a false claim the thread just drops like a Genesis Space probe right into the desert floor.

Since the wingtards run away from the thread after it has been weighted down with truth they are not able to modify the title.

I don't think they intentionally fail to alter the thread title, it just does not occur to them as they run away.
I've seen this on both sides. The difference is I usually see the cons bask in their victory and thrash the OP for a few pages.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh, you're talking about fake accounts? Yeah, I ban 98% of fake accounts... Especially if they are created for the intention of trolling...

I don't change thread titles at my political whimsy... Never have I done that even once.

You have also "disabled" legitimate accounts....

Unless the Mane has the same technically difficulties we have here. :hmmm:

:banghead:

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I see my thread title has been altered... Looks like I have no choice but to raise the issue in a more prominent forum...

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Ask anyone on my board... I dare you. Post a thread asking if the Politics forum is moderated bi-partisainly.

I'd wager that near 100% would say, when I do moderate the forum, it's damned bi-partisain.

No need to get your panties in a wad....I lurk there, and post on occaision. You do as good a job as humanly possible, most of the time....

But 100% is not possible, by anyone IMHO. :)

BigRedChief
09-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Changing thread titles based on a mods personal political leanings is wrong. No if's and or buts. There can be no justification for this except to humor the mod.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 08:59 AM
You have also "disabled" legitimate accounts....

Unless the Mane has the same technically difficulties we have here. :hmmm:

:banghead:

Without examples, the point is useless. Every account that I've ever disabled has been for a reason. Mostly 4 post trolls who registered the account strictly for the purposes of such.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 09:00 AM
..There can be no justification for this except to humor the mod.

THAT'S legit, isn't it? :hmmm:

:p

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 09:01 AM
I see my thread title has been altered... Looks like I have no choice but to raise the issue in a more prominent forum...

Lighten up, Francis...jeez...you might have a point on the others, but I do think this was clearly a joke.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Translation - I am a puss and can't handle a joke.

BTW - Before you start whining, I didn't touch your thread.

HC_Chief
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM

You are <i>such</i> a farging pussy.

Patriot 21
09-09-2004, 09:06 AM
It's a mod who doesn't really deserve to be a mod thing. And hasn't for a very long time thing.

jAZ, Go phuck yourself. :rolleyes:

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Lighten up, Francis...jeez...you might have a point on the others, but I do think this was clearly a joke.

A joke that illustrates my point.

If this is cool with people fine... But I'd like to petition to get a liberal mod to represent the other side and see if we can actually get a balance of moderation in this place so it's not just a partisain wank fest.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Or actually, a one-sided partisain wank fest... It's already a partisian wank fest.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:07 AM

No, they were not. Not officially any way. Some members jumped the gun and started taking matters into their own hands instead of waiting for the mods.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 09:08 AM

If this is cool with people fine... But I'd like to petition to get a liberal mod to represent the other side and see if we can actually get a balance of moderation in this place so it's not just a partisain wank fest.
Send an email to Phil or Kyle.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 09:08 AM
....BTW - Before you start whining, I didn't touch your thread.

That's even FUNNIER.... ROFL

FringeNC
09-09-2004, 09:09 AM

There you go trashing veterans again, TJ. To the contrary, the swiftvets' claims have not been refuted no matter how many times you say so.

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 09:09 AM
I vote for NO Moderation in the DC Forum.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Now someone who's ever made a mistake shouldn't participate?

No, my main point was that his particular mistake is connected to this debate in a way that as long as the debate continues his mistake can't be forgotten. It was just a little unsolicited advice.

As an example, I'm consistent in my stand against mods changing usernames and thread titles without the owner/author's permission. But when I see Frankie show up in this thread, I'd prefer to return to the original issue (his lame inability to simply admit he was wrong) rather than let him deflect that issue by jumping on the mod abuse tangent.

We all make mistakes, that's not the issue here.

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM

I didnt say it was cool, Ive already stated my preferences on the subject, but that got brushed aside by the wave of whining.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 09:11 AM
You are <i>such</i> a farging pussy.

Strange one at that... :hmmm:

Frankie
09-09-2004, 09:11 AM
I see your following the king of misrepresentations George W Bush has blurred your vision enough not to distinguish between what's at worst an innocent misunderstanding and what's at best a deliberate abuse of power. But then again having a blurred vision of the truth is a condition common to all Bushies.

NewChief
09-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Look, there's a serious problem with this constant revising and changing of thread titles. It's a problem similar to that raised by people about the dangers of there being a close Prez race this time around.

People will lose faith in the system. I want to come here to debate and see people's points of view. I want to have an accurate reflection of those people's viewpoints. I don't want to see that person's viewpoint with moderator embellishments thrown in. Let me decide for myself if the person is right/wrong/lying. If you continue to do this, you run the danger of ruining these forums.

I'm in a hurry, so I'm not expressing myself as well as I should, but I'll try to put together a more coherent argument later.

Taco John
There you go trashing veterans again, TJ. To the contrary, the swiftvets' claims have not been refuted no matter how many times you say so.

Actually, I'm only trashing the disgraced swift vets, who in my opinion are a discredit to the flag and this country because they purposefully deceived people solely for the sake of partisainship.

In the spectrum of Patriots and Traitors, they are on the opposite side of Patriots.

Raiderhader

You got an accusastion to make, go ahead and make it. Quit hiding behind innuendo and vague references.

Though I can tell you right now that you are a damned fool if you continue down this path, because I know for a fact that it is not just one moderator.

patteeu

I don't think that has ever happened. Maybe I was off-line that day and the thread dropped too quickly for me to see it.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Send an email to Phil or Kyle.

Or we can see if you're willing to accept responsibility for your abuses and honorably step down so that the admins of this forum don't have to deal with the headache you've created.

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
I don't think that has ever happened. Maybe I was off-line that day and the thread dropped too quickly for me to see it.

I remember this one time, when jettio said that Iraq was safer under Saddam. Now, it's statements like that...so bereft of rational thought, I didnt know where to begin.

I've find this quite common when reading his stuff.

BCD
Actually, I'm only trashing the disgraced swift vets, who in my opinion are a discredit to the flag and this country because they purposefully deceived people solely for the sake of partisainship.

In the spectrum of Patriots and Traitors, they are on the opposite side of Patriots.Or, maybe they are just pissed because that POS backstabbing John Kerry, sold them out...

Taco John
Though I can tell you right now that you are a damned fool if you continue down this path, because I know for a fact that it is not just one moderator.

Are you telling me we've got TWO partisain mods changing thread titles to suit their politics?

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Or we can see if you're willing to accept responsibility for your abuses and honorably step down so that the admins of this forum don't have to deal with the headache you've created.

Oh goodness...someone needs a wash cloth for the sandgina.

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
....they purposefully deceived people solely for the sake of partisainship.

If THAT is the standard, nearly ALL politcians are a disgrace then....and traitors to boot! ROFL

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Or, maybe they are just pissed because that POS backstabbing John Kerry, sold them out...

So that justifies lying?

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:17 AM

We have one. His name is htismaque, or however he spells it (I might actually learn it one day).

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 09:18 AM
If THAT is the standard, nearly ALL politcians are a disgrace then....and traitors to boot! ROFL

No, just the republicans...or so Ive read, here.

KCWolfman

Again, I didn't alter the thread, dickhole. In fact, I fixed Frankie's post to the original statement.

And coming from someone who didn't "want their name made available anymore" and stormed out with the total Scarlett O'Hara act only to beg to use the same name and come back, you have no right to talk about headaches.

You must be the biggest bulletin board pussy alive.

Taco John
Oh goodness...someone needs a wash cloth for the sandgina.

Right... You'd be the first one calling for Denise's head if she was a mod changing your titles to suit her agenda.

How is this any different than that?

Saulbadguy
You mean thats not true?

NewChief
No, just the republicans...or so Ive read, here.

Sandgina, waaambulance, yada yada yada

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:20 AM
You must be the biggest bulletin board pussy alive.

Actually, I don't need thread titles changed to make it comfortable for me... That person would have my vote.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Right... You'd be the first one calling for Denise's head if she was a mod changing your titles to suit her agenda.

How is this any different than that?
I wouldn't be on a board where she was. Nor would I skulk back like a wounded 6 year old with lies as excuses for my behavior if I did.

That's the difference.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:21 AM
I see your following the king of misrepresentations George W Bush has blurred your vision enough not to distinguish between what's at worst an innocent misunderstanding and what's at best a deliberate abuse of power. But then again having a blurred vision of the truth is a condition common to all Bushies.

Come on Frankie. I'm sure it was originally an innocent misunderstanding (rather than a lie), but all you had to do was admit you were wrong without equivication to put an end to it. It would have been slightly embarassing, but soon forgotten. Instead, you stubbornly refused to do so and, IMO, deserve the subsequent abuse (not the thread title change but the in-thread abuse) that you got.

It might be too late to live this down, but you could still man up and admit that you were definitely wrong.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Actually, I don't need thread titles changed to make it comfortable for me... That person would have my vote.
Then why are you whining about it and blaming people without proof?

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Are you telling me we've got TWO partisain mods changing thread titles to suit their politics?

I'm not numbering them, because cannot with 100% accuracy. I can accurately say that there is more than one who does it. I know some of you LOVE to paint Russ as the culprit, but the title of Denise's thread that she posted a link to here was changed by Phil, not Russ. I've seen 'Delt do it on the main forum, he may do so over as well, I'm not certain. But this is a practice that is participated in by more than just one person.

So when Russ says he didn't change this one, there is a very good possibility that it was not him. You would be wise to hold off on accusations until you have some actuall proof.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:26 AM
We have one. His name is htismaque, or however he spells it (I might actually learn it one day).

We can also add ENDelt to the list. He is, from what I have seen, to the left of the middle.

Jazzz could be added as well, but I don't think she visits this forum.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:27 AM
I remember this one time, when jettio said that Iraq was safer under Saddam. Now, it's statements like that...so bereft of rational thought, I didnt know where to begin.

His posts CAN be thread-killers, but I don't think it's for the reason he has in mind.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm not numbering them, because cannot with 100% accuracy. I can accurately say that there is more than one who does it. I know some of you LOVE to paint Russ as the culprit, but the title of Denise's thread that she posted a link to here was changed by Phil, not Russ. I've seen 'Delt do it on the main forum, he may do so over as well, I'm not certain. But this is a practice that is participated in by more than just one person.

So when Russ says he didn't change this one, there is a very good possibility that it was not him. You would be wise to hold off on accusations until you have some actuall proof.

Forgive me for challenging the number one activist mod. The shoe fit.

I don't know anything about Denise's thread being changed... I was talking about a different thread.

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
We can also add ENDelt to the list. He is, from what I have seen, to the left of the middle.

Jazzz could be added as well, but I don't think she visits this forum.
So...I guess we don't really have a liberal moderator. Really though, I don't think any moderation is necessary in the forums, but if there is, their should be somewhat of a fair representation. IMO its just easier NOT to have any moderation in a political forum.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
So...I guess we don't really have a liberal moderator. Really though, I don't think any moderation is necessary in the forums, but if there is, their should be somewhat of a fair representation. IMO its just easier NOT to have any moderation in a political forum.

We certainly don't need political moderation. I can see that if some troll comes in here and spams the board with gay porn or raider mugshots it might warrant some mod attention, but we don't need any general moderation. And warring left and right mods would make this place a complete joke IMO.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Forgive me for challenging the number one activist mod. The shoe fit.

That is merely your uninformed perception.

I don't know anything about Denise's thread being changed... I was talking about a different thread.

Regardless, it was changed, and done so by Phil and not "the number one activist mod." Russ isn't the villian who want people to believe he is.

jettio
09-09-2004, 09:34 AM
I've seen this on both sides. The difference is I usually see the cons bask in their victory and thrash the OP for a few pages.

No doubt. :)

Sure have been some examples of that lately.

Taco John
Russ isn't the villian who want people to believe he is.

Saulbadguy
We certainly don't need political moderation. I can see that if some troll comes in here and spams the board with gay porn or raider mugshots it might warrant some mod attention, but we don't need any general moderation. And warring left and right mods would make this place a complete joke IMO.
So what about the current situation we have now? Do you think the mods are moving away from "general moderation" as you mentioned above? I think they are.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:36 AM

That would depend on the issue. And I am not sure just how liberal 'Delt is or is not, because most the time he is being a smart ass instead of engaging in "meaningful" discussion.

jettio
09-09-2004, 09:36 AM

Is Jeff George running for office?

If not, why are you bringing him up in this forum? :p

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:38 AM

Actually Juano, you might be surprised at just how informed I am.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:38 AM
So what about the current situation we have now? Do you think the mods are moving away from "general moderation" as you mentioned above? I think they are.

I was agreeing with you, but pointing out that some extreme cases might warrant moderation. Political arguments and untrue thread titles (like Frankie's) don't fall in the extreme category as far as I'm concerned.

splatbass
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I guess I missed something. Could someone give some examples of thread titles that have been changed - before and after - so we can judge what is going on, and whether it is one sided or not?

jettio
09-09-2004, 09:42 AM

Link?

I am quite sure that I made a lot more sense in that thread than you.

You don't know sh*t about that country. Especially if you think the civilian casualty rates and crime rates are lower over the past year and a half than before.

How do you define safe?

NewChief
09-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Actually Juano, you might be surprised at just how informed I am.

I wouldn't be. I'm quite sure you're a member of the Conservative Justice League. Codename: Stickboy.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't be. I'm quite sure you're a member of the Conservative Justice League. Codename: Stickboy.

Alright, WTF leaked this information?

Brock
09-09-2004, 09:46 AM
How do you define safe?

Obviously, the opportunity to become landfill along with the rest of one's family because you wouldn't let Uday **** your daughter falls under that definition.

patteeu
09-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I guess I missed something. Could someone give some examples of thread titles that have been changed - before and after - so we can judge what is going on, and whether it is one sided or not?

Someone changed the "John Kerry is Gay" thread to "John Kerry is Teh Ghey" and a firestorm ensued. :shrug:

BigRedChief
09-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Someone changed the "John Kerry is Gay" thread to "John Kerry is Teh Ghey" and a firestorm ensued. :shrug:

It was probably the homophobic ones here....I won't mention any names but they seem to like choppers...:p

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Link?

I am quite sure that I made a lot more sense in that thread than you.

You don't know sh*t about that country. Especially if you think the civilian casualty rates and crime rates are lower over the past year and a half than before.

How do you define safe?

Just like on that thread, you point to civilian casualty rates...how many civilians did Saddam kill? How many mass graves have been discovered.

Talk about not knowing sh*t about anything...you win that prize hands down.

jettio
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Just like on that thread, you point to civilian casualty rates...how many civilians did Saddam kill? How many mass graves have been discovered.

Talk about not knowing sh*t about anything...you win that prize hands down.

Call up the thread.

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Call up the thread.

You're a big boy...just own up.

Mark M
09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Out of curiosity, am I correct when, after reading this thread, I notice this:

Being editorialized to support the right is okay, and anyone who calls it out is a pussy with sandgina.

Being editorialized to support the left is wrong, and anyone who calls it out is brilliant and to be applauded.

Is that correct, or am I missing something?

MM

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 10:30 AM

Being editorialized to support the right is okay, and anyone who calls it out is a pussy with sandgina.

Being editorialized to support the left is wrong, and anyone who calls it out is brilliant and to be applauded.

MM

I guess I missed this post....

Michael Michigan
09-09-2004, 10:35 AM
am I missing something?

MM

I think that was established some time ago.

;)

Mark M
09-09-2004, 10:36 AM
I guess I missed this post....

Actually, I was referring the "liberal media bias" that some constantly discuss.

Not saying it's not there, and I realize there is a TREMENDOUS difference in audience size and impact. But, at it's core, what some in the media do is the exact same thing that has been done in this forum.

I guess I find it funny that people can complain about something, and then turn around and do the exact same thing about which they were complaining.

Seriously ... it's funny.

MM
~~:LOL:

Mark M
09-09-2004, 10:36 AM
I think that was established some time ago.

;)

Touché ...

MM
~~ROFL

patteeu
09-09-2004, 10:40 AM

MM

You are missing something. Several people have called it out without being called pussies.

And nothing has been editorialized to support the left.

You should go back to the beginning and read this thread again. We can review your findings when you get caught up and we'll see if you've made any progress.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Actually, I was referring the "liberal media bias" that some constantly discuss.

Not saying it's not there, and I realize there is a TREMENDOUS difference in audience size and impact. But, at it's core, what some in the media do is the exact same thing that has been done in this forum.

I guess I find it funny that people can complain about something, and then turn around and do the exact same thing about which they were complaining.

Seriously ... it's funny.

MM
~~:LOL:

The difference, as I see it, is that the media pretends to be objective. The bias would not bother me half as much if they would just come out and admit it.

I have not seen where any of the mods claim to be objective in their political postings. What you see is what you get. And as a privately owned board, it is their right to do so if the owner consents.

LVNHACK
09-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Russ isn't the villian who want people to believe he is.

He's not....????..........F()ck you Russ you're off the team......

Mark M
09-09-2004, 10:45 AM
You are missing something. Several people have called it out without being called pussies.
But not many, that's for sure.And nothing has been editorialized to support the left.
Well, it sure as hell hasn't in this forum. ;)

And please read my response to raiderhader -- I was referring to the editorializing done in the media. That's definitely something that happens, and hard to deny.

MM

Mark M
09-09-2004, 10:54 AM
The difference, as I see it, is that the media pretends to be objective. The bias would not bother me half as much if they would just come out and admit it.

I have not seen where any of the mods claim to be objective in their political postings. What you see is what you get. And as a privately owned board, it is their right to do so if the owner consents.

Excellent points, although there are a few "media" folks who also do not pretend to be objective. It's channel 35 on Comcast (that's Fox). ;)

The point is, people should be smart enough to realize that, just like SDChiefsFan pointed out, NO ONE can be 100% objective. It just can't happen no matter your job, whether something is private or public. Crying about it does no good. Taco whining about it does nothing, the right whining about liberal media bias does nothing.

What is most sad, however, is how few people even care about what news they get (if they watch it at all). We've got high school kids who can't even find Iraq on a map, parents more interested in who wins Survivor than who wins the election, and two candidates that would rather attack each other than tell anyone exactly, precisely, how they would solve the issues facing this country.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

MM
~~:sulk: ;)

KCTitus
09-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Excellent points, although there are a few "media" folks who also do not pretend to be objective. It's channel 35 on Comcast (that's Fox). ;)

I disagree, I think they do. Unless you're referring to the opinion shows...then it's no different than anywhere else.

The news segements that they have actually take the conservative view point seriously and give it consideration which doesnt happen in network news.

And, that, bottom line is the problem...it's not a conspiracy or anything or even a 'bias', it's just that the vast marjority of the media 'news' people dont even believe there is an opposing view point to their world view and dont take any opposing view points seriously or actually consider it.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Granted, there are some who are very honest about their political slant, and they have my respect for that. But the press corps holds its supposed objectivity in such high regard that they cannot allow themselves to admit that they really are not. The news is supposed to be objective, and in may reporters' minds, they probably think they are.

The point is, people should be smart enough to realize that, just like SDChiefsFan pointed out, NO ONE can be 100% objective. It just can't happen no matter your job, whether something is private or public. Crying about it does no good. Taco whining about it does nothing, the right whining about liberal media bias does nothing.

Agreed. And that goes for everyone, includin the press. They need to realize that they can never be completely objective. Once this has been realized they can attempt to make their work as objective as possible.

What is most sad, however, is how few people even care about what news they get (if they watch it at all). We've got high school kids who can't even find Iraq on a map, parents more interested in who wins Survivor than who wins the election, and two candidates that would rather attack each other than tell anyone exactly, precisely, how they would solve the issues facing this country.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

MM
~~:sulk: ;)

While I disagree with the wording of this statement, everything else I agree with completely. ;)

Mark M
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
And, that, bottom line is the problem...it's not a conspiracy or anything or even a 'bias', it's just that the vast marjority of the media 'news' people dont even believe there is an opposing view point to their world view and dont take any opposing view points seriously or actually consider it.

Excellent point. Rep. :clap:

That's why I like the Daily Show. :)

Sure, it's fake, and Stewart is without a doubt a liberal. But damned if they don't completely shred each and every candidate and view point. In fact, it's probably more honest than any other "news" show out there.

MM
~~:D

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM

MM
Actually, what I have gotten out of the thread is that one person has the balls to blame me directly and many other liberals allude to the idea that I am the one changing thread titles without having any guts to say my name. And the only thread titles changes that have been admitted are done by other moderators.

And only one of the people has the guts to apologize afterwards.

Maybe we are reading different threads?

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Dammit! Dammit!

Hey, give me a second chance, I will kick your dog or spit on your kids to prove how evil I am.

Mark M
09-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Actually, what I have gotten out of the thread is that one person has the balls to blame me directly and many other liberals allude to the idea that I am the one changing thread titles without having any guts to say my name. And the only thread titles changes that have been admitted are done by other moderators.

And only one of the people has the guts to apologize afterwards.

Maybe we are reading different threads?

Well, there was that, too.

MM
~~:)

Mark M
09-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Actually, anyone who has heard Russ sing karaoke knows how evil he is ...

torture like that would make Saddam blush.

MM
~~:p

NewChief
09-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I personally thought it was Logical. :shrug:

John_Wayne
09-09-2004, 11:22 AM

Can we get a policy clarification on this from someone? What events have to take place to get a thread title changed? For instance, can I send a "report this post" for everytime one of us wants one changed to reflect our political take on the matter? I'll stand with you on this one Taco. We conservatives honor and protect the first amendment.

My post from the Chiefs Lounge:
For once, I agree with you Taco. They shouldn't alter threads, posts, avatars or user names. It's low down and dirty. But, we are almost powerless against them. I don't think anyone's posts, threads, avatars or user names should be altered in any way by the mods, even people I detest, like memyselfi and her ilk. I would gladly and wholeheartedly stand up with the liberals on this issue.

Brock
09-09-2004, 11:23 AM

Logical resigned.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Actually, anyone who has heard Russ sing karaoke knows how evil he is ...

torture like that would make Saddam blush.

MM
~~:p
See, Hack, I told you I was evil.

Raiderhader
09-09-2004, 11:26 AM

I missed this....

I didn't say he wasn't a villian, I just said he isn't the villian that TJ wants people to believe he is.

Mr. Kotter

No, Logical gave up his mod duties.....he's no longer omnipotent....

just impotent. :p

Raiderhader
Logical resigned.

A long time ago.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
I'll stand with you on this one Taco. We conservatives honor and protect the first amendment.

My post from the Chiefs Lounge:
For once, I agree with you Taco. They shouldn't alter threads, posts, avatars or user names. It's low down and dirty. But, we are almost powerless against them. I don't think anyone's posts, threads, avatars or user names should be altered in any way by the mods, even people I detest, like memyselfi and her ilk. I would gladly and wholeheartedly stand up with the liberals on this issue.
I disagree. The First Amendment be damned here. This is not the Senate Floor, it is a PRIVATE bulletin board. If you don't like the antics, there is literally nothing to be done. However, if enough people complain, then perhaps the mods will join together and do something behind closed doors (as has been done in the past).

This board is not about liberty and justice and free speech for all. It is about a football derived community for entertainment purposes. Whatever makes that entertainment thrive is the ultimate goal - not giving everyone free speech. If that were the case, Recount and Ernie would still be here.