PDA

View Full Version : Landscape companies?

kc rush
09-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Does anyone here run or work for a landscape company? Anyone here have a positive experience with any local landscape companies?

My lawn looks like crap and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'd like someone to take a look and provide some advice and an estimate. My wife is also looking for some design help.

Phobia
09-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Dude, landscaping isn't hard. It's just time consuming.... especially when you don't own the right tools. 98% of the companies in the book will be able to help you. If nobody chimes in for ya here, just look around when you're driving in your neighborhood.

There will be a pickup with a guy's landscaping sign on it. Call the number listed. Take good care of these people - they work very hard for the money.

Fat Elvis
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Speaking of landscaping, does anyone know about how much it would cost to install inground sprinkler system into a relatively small front yard (30x80, roughly)?

alpha_omega
09-09-2004, 08:14 AM
kc rush...

I have a number of Landscapers that we work with.

PM me and tell me exactly what you need and i'll provide ya with some names.

Skip Towne
09-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Speaking of landscaping, does anyone know about how much it would cost to install inground sprinkler system into a relatively small front yard (30x80, roughly)?
Phobia will do it for $20K.

ChiTown
09-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Does anyone here run or work for a landscape company? Anyone here have a positive experience with any local landscape companies?

My lawn looks like crap and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'd like someone to take a look and provide some advice and an estimate. My wife is also looking for some design help.

Couple of questions:

1. Do you fertilize on schedule, or have a company do it for you?

2. How often do you water, and do you have an in-ground watering system?

3. Is your yard on a level surface, or does it roll and have a lot of slope?

4. What type of grass do you have in the yard now?

5. Do you have mainly shade, or is the yard mainly open to sun?

You might be able to correct some of this yourself, but you'll need to answer these Q's first before I can help. I've been in your position before.

Phobia
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Phobia will do it for $20K.

The hell. I hate landscaping. That's $40k.

teedubya
09-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Taco John probably knows some people...

ChiTown
09-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Taco John probably knows some people...

Look out! I can hear the race card being whipped out of TJ's pocket right now.......

kc rush
09-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Couple of questions:

1. Do you fertilize on schedule, or have a company do it for you?

I had Chemlawn in a couple of years ago, and things seemed to get worse from there.

I have been on a regular schedule the past two years with chemicals I picked up from Earl May. I have been overseeding and arrating the lawn the last couple of springs as well.

2. How often do you water, and do you have an in-ground watering system?

No in-ground system. Last year I watered every other day for most of the summer. It's been so wet this summer, I haven't watered regularly.

3. Is your yard on a level surface, or does it roll and have a lot of slope?

I'm really only concerned with my front yard. Half of it is on a slope and half is flat.

4. What type of grass do you have in the yard now?

Off the top of my head it is a fine fescue, but it has been invaded by clumps of red fescue (I believe) that looks like junk grass.

5. Do you have mainly shade, or is the yard mainly open to sun?

Mostly sun.

You might be able to correct some of this yourself, but you'll need to answer these Q's first before I can help. I've been in your position before.