PDA

View Full Version : The Department of Wellness?

Donger
09-09-2004, 11:45 AM
http://slate.msn.com/id/2106453/

SNIP

The other head-scratcher uttered by Kerry in the past two days came Wednesday in Greensboro, N.C. There, in response to a question from a woman about the health problems caused by mold and indoor air contamination—and her complaint, "There's not one agency in this government that has come forward" to deal with the problem—Kerry endorsed the creation of a new federal department. "What I want to do, what I'm determined to do, and it's in my health-care plan, is refocus America on something that can reduce the cost of health care significantly for all Americans, which is wellness and prevention," Kerry said. So far, so good. But then, "And I intend to have not just a Department of Health and Human Services, but a Department of Wellness." Again, what? Apparently this idea comes from Teresa Heinz Kerry, who told the Boston Herald in January 2003 that she would, in the Herald's words, "be an activist first lady, lobbying for a Department of Wellness that would stress preventive health." Oh, boy. Preventive health is a fine idea, but do we need a new agency—I assume it's not Cabinet-level—to handle it?

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2004, 11:47 AM
This will work wonders for the WOT...

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Department of "Wellness"? Wouldn't preventative medicine fall under the Department of Health?

Perhaps we also need a Department of

Shots
X-Rays
Nasal Congestion Reduction
Toenail Trimmings
and Earwax Removal?

How stupid is Kerry to listen to his moronic wife?

Donger
09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Department of "Wellness"? Wouldn't preventative medicine fall under the Department of Health?

Perhaps we also need a Department of

Shots
X-Rays
Nasal Congestion Reduction
Toenail Trimmings
and Earwax Removal?

How stupid is Kerry to listen to his moronic wife?

Hey. She signs the checks.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I guess it's better than the Department of Mold.

Just imagine the great contributions the Department of Wellness would have made on 9/11.

If Kerry gets elected we're going to have more new departments, more new committees, and more new blue-ribbon panels established than ever before in the history of the country. Dude just can't make a decision unless somebody else's ass is on the line that he can point to and blame if things break bad.

"Today President Kerry signed an executive order authorizing the Department of Mildew to force businesses to clean dirty bathroom tile wherever it may be found in Corporate America. His directive came after a $500 million review of bathroom activity found that some workplace lavatories were in need of a scubbin'"

Soupnazi
09-09-2004, 11:55 AM
She's officially relegated to the "I'm too stupid to keep wasting the soupnazi's oxygen," club.

Teresa, walk out in front of a bus now.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Reluctant Kerry supporter Mickey Kaus @ Slate isn't impressed:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2106296/

"Department of Wellness"! Spirit-crushing foolishness from my candidate, John Kerry. The nation is trying to figure out how to fight global terrorism and he's talking about having "not just a Department of Health and Human Services, but a Department of Wellness." How about a Department of F***ing Perspective? If Bush is smart he'll be ridiculing Kerry about this for the rest of the month. ...Thanks, Iowa! P.S.: Was this harmless "Kerrymeandering" or the more ominous "Kerrypandering"? ... 2:14 A.M.