PDA

View Full Version : The DNC Has A Winner On Their Hands...

Donger
09-09-2004, 10:53 PM
http://www.democrats.org/action/200409090002.html?psc=demnews

ROFL

Take Action for the Truth

Petition: Bush Must Answer Questions About Guard Service
President Bush lied to the American people when he sat in the Oval Office and told us, "I did my duty." It's time for him to come clean and answer questions about his National Guard service. Sign our petition to demand that President Bush answer these questions.

Sign the Petition
Dear President Bush

In February, you sat in the Oval Office and told the American people, "I did my duty." But new evidence shows that you failed to perform your duties as required, including disobeying a direct order to show up for a routine physical.

You owe the American people answers on a lot of questions, including:

Why did you say "I did my duty" when you missed months of duty in 1972, 73, and 74?
How did you avoid getting called into active service for missing months of duty in 1972, 73, and 74?
Why did you disobey a direct order to take a physical?
What standard did you fail to meet when you were grounded for failing to perform at US Air Force/Texas Air National Guard Standards?
Why did you go above your commander's head to ensure a favorable evaluation you had not earned?
Why did you say you received "no special treatment" when Ben Barnes says he pulled strings to secure a Guard slot for you?
Who asked your family friend Sidney Adger to get you a slot in the Guard immediately after you graduated and at the height of the Vietnam War?
When will you produce any credible witness who can attest to your service in the Alabama Air National Guard?
I demand that you answer the American people and tell the truth about your service.

SNIP

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
I can't believe the Democrats are pursuing this (even if the documents weren't forgeries) right now. Are they so bankrupt of ideas or so afraid of what Kerry's own plans are or so determined to keep Kerry from having to answer his own views and votes that they think most Americans give a rat's ass about any of this? Do they really think that America is going to elect a guy president based on four months of his life three decades ago?

Just amazing...

Donger
09-09-2004, 11:38 PM
I can't believe the Democrats are pursuing this (even if the documents weren't forgeries). Are they so bankrupt of ideas or so afraid of what Kerry's own plans are or so determined to keep Kerry from having to answer his own views and votes that they think most Americans give a rat's ass about any of this?

Hence my recent thread about the DNC "taking the bait." If this is the best they can do with a campaign, imagine what they'd do with the country.

alanm
09-09-2004, 11:40 PM
I can't believe the Democrats are pursuing this (even if the documents weren't forgeries) right now. Are they so bankrupt of ideas or so afraid of what Kerry's own plans are or so determined to keep Kerry from having to answer his own views and votes that they think most Americans give a rat's ass about any of this? Do they really think that America is going to elect a guy president based on four months of his life three decades ago?

Just amazing...Their scraping the bottom of the barrel. But I'm confident they can even go lower.ROFL

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2004, 11:42 PM
It would be so funny if a mod changed the name of this to "The DNC Has A Weener On Their Hands..."!!!

Michael Michigan
09-09-2004, 11:47 PM
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_09/004656.php

NATIONAL GUARD SMOKING GUN?....As you know, 60 Minutes is running a segment tonight that features Ben Barnes explaining how he pulled strings to get George Bush into the National Guard in 1968. But the segment also features something else: new documents from the personal files of Col. Jerry Killian, Bush's squadron commander. According to CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/06/politics/main641481.shtml), here's a summary of the four new documents they've uncovered:

A direct order to Bush to take a physical examination in 1972. Physical exams are an annual requirement for pilots.

A 1972 memo that refers to a phone call from Bush in which he and Killian "discussed options of how Bush can get out of coming to drill from now through November" because "he may not have time." This was presumably in preparation for Bush's departure for Alabama that year, but is nonetheless damning since there's no reason that working on a Senate campaign should have prevented him from showing up for drills one weekend per month.

A 1972 order grounding Bush. This order refers not just to Bush's failure to take a physical, but also to "failure to perform to (USAF/TexANG) standards."

A 1973 memo titled "CYA" in which Killian talks about being pressured to give Bush a favorable yearly evaluation. He refuses, saying, "I'm having trouble running interference and doing my job."

This story is a perfect demonstration of the difference between the Swift Boat controversy and the National Guard controversy. Both are tales from long ago and both are related to Vietnam, but the documentary evidence in the two cases is like night and day. In the Swift Boat case, practically every new piece of documentary evidence indicates that Kerry's accusers are lying. Conversely, in the National Guard case, practically every new piece of documentary evidence provides additional confirmation that the charges against Bush are true.

In fact, these four memos are pretty close to a smoking gun, since it's now clear that (a) Bush was directly ordered to take a physical in 1972 and refused, and (b) he plainly failed to perform up to National Guard standards, but that (c) he was nonetheless saved from a failing evaluation thanks to high-level pressure.

So why did Bush refuse to take a physical that year? And why did he blow off drills for at least the next five months and possibly for a lot longer than that?

And finally, why did he get an honorable discharge anyway?

I believe this is the part where I say "Devestating!"

Yes!

This is it.

It's over for Bush.

Set up, like a bowling pin...

Apologies, listening to Truckin' in the background.

RINGLEADER
09-09-2004, 11:49 PM

So who's the Doo-Dah Man in all this?

Joe Seahawk
09-09-2004, 11:51 PM

ROFL I love it!

Michael Michigan
09-09-2004, 11:54 PM
So who's the Doo-Dah Man in all this?

ROFL

Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand"

Sometimes your cards ain't worth a dime, if you don't lay'em down...

The tin foil hat crowd says....

Karl Rove