PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Experts unanimously pick Chiefs over Broncos

tk13
09-09-2004, 11:48 PM
I went back and looked and couldn't find this posted... if it has sorry. :)

I think Chris Mortensen usually makes his picks too but he's not on there yet. All 6 guys who do pick... all pick KC on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Phobia
09-09-2004, 11:49 PM
You're surprised? How could they not?

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Ken Jennings is a hottie.

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Kiss of death.

Buck the trend, fellas!!! :cuss:

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Ken Jennings is a hottie. Um.. what?

tk13
09-09-2004, 11:51 PM
You're surprised? How could they not?
Hoge, Allen, and Golic NEVER pick us! We're doomed!

tk13
09-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Um.. what?
I'm just going to pretend his eyes are messed up and he meant to say "Jen Kennings"...

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Broncos suck even more than the Raiders. We will terminate them.

Thig Lyfe
09-09-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm just going to pretend his eyes are messed up and he meant to say "Jen Kennings"...

Yeah... that's it...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Well it's kinda hard to pick a team to win that can't score and is playing against arguably the best offense in the league that can make any defense look bad.

David.
09-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Theismann didn't pick us. So were not completely doomed. Of course he didn't pick Denver. But.......

HolmeZz
09-09-2004, 11:58 PM
We're the better team, so it'd only make sense that they'd pick us.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2004, 12:01 AM
We're the better team, so it'd only make sense that they'd pick us.

The Broncos are better without Portis and Sharpe and with Jake Plummer goin' solo. Just ask them. And Champ will be everywhere at all times because he's Super Football Player.

38yrsfan
09-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Cursed, jinxed, and home-teamed all at once, where can we buy a good ref at? Probably have to ask the Broncos that one.

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:03 AM
The Broncos are better without Portis and Sharpe and with Jake Plummer goin' solo. Just ask them. And Champ will be everywhere at all times because he's Super Football Player.The Rich Scanlon of the Denver B-roncos.

I agree. We're just better than they are. It's really quite simple.

Frazod
09-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Has this hit the Drane yet? They'll go berserk. :D

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Has this hit the Drane yet? They'll go berserk. :D I predict that they'll call all the guys from ESPN morons, and many mullet and camero jokes will ensue...

Count Alex's Losses
09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
2 out of 4 ESPN analysts, including Tom Jackson, picked us to be in the SB.

tk13
09-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Has this hit the Drane yet?

It has now. :)

Frazod
09-10-2004, 12:15 AM
It just amazes me that ALL OF THEM picked us when the Broncos (God I love that horseshit smiley :D ) are favored and at home.

Doesn't mean a f#cking thing, of course. But I like seeing the wall-to-wall arrowheads. :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:16 AM
It has now. :) Haha... You go, game show geek.

:D

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
ESPN Experts unanimously pick Chiefs over Broncos

first thing I thought when I read the title was
yeah biatch

J Diddy
09-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I predict that they'll call all the guys from ESPN morons, and many mullet and camero jokes will ensue...

as should be expected

Miles
09-10-2004, 12:26 AM
It has now. :)

Nice:thumb: and you already got called a troll over there ROFL

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:29 AM
ROFL Alec, predictable as ever.

Frazod
09-10-2004, 12:30 AM
ROFL Alec, predictable as ever.

Hateful little f#cker, ain't he? :D

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Hateful little f#cker, ain't he? :D Yeah... but the dude really needs some new material. He recently posted his list of "Chiefs Trolls" that he had on ignore. I was shocked to see my name on the list. I've NEVER been a troll over there....

Miles
09-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah... but the dude really needs some new material. He recently posted his list of "Chiefs Trolls" that he had on ignore. I was shocked to see my name on the list. I've NEVER been a troll over there....

apparently not being a broncos homer over there is easily confused with a troll.

Frazod
09-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Yeah... but the dude really needs some new material. He recently posted his list of "Chiefs Trolls" that he had on ignore. I was shocked to see my name on the list. I've NEVER been a troll over there....

I don't think I've even posted over there 60 times. Hopefully I'm on his list too. What a douchebag.

tk13
09-10-2004, 12:38 AM
ROFL

I almost choked on an oatmeal cookie laughing at their responses... especially Alec's comment. Some of those guys appear to have terminal constipation or something. Now I know what it feels like to be Taco John.... I think I need a shower.

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:39 AM
Go f*ck a sheep you mullet loving prick.
ROFL

alanm
09-10-2004, 12:40 AM
It just amazes me that ALL OF THEM picked us when the Broncos (God I love that horseshit smiley :D ) are favored and at home.

Doesn't mean a f#cking thing, of course. But I like seeing the wall-to-wall arrowheads. :thumb:Got that right. It doesn't mean a thing untill they play the game. Kinda reminds me of all the pundits who picked Missouri to win the Big 12 north this season.ROFL Sorry Tim I just couldn't resist.ROFL

David.
09-10-2004, 12:41 AM
I read my posts afterwards and realize how stupid I look ROFL. meh

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Got that right. It doesn't mean a thing untill they play the game. Kinda reminds me of all the pundits who picked Missouri to win the Big 12 north this season.ROFL Sorry Tim I just couldn't resist.ROFL Burn in hell. I wanna hear from you after Mizzou kicks your sorry asses again. You talk wayyy too much shit. :shake:

Frazod
09-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Got that right. It doesn't mean a thing untill they play the game. Kinda reminds me of all the pundits who picked Missouri to win the Big 12 north this season.ROFL Sorry Tim I just couldn't resist.ROFL

:moon:

tk13
09-10-2004, 12:44 AM
I read my posts afterwards and realize how stupid I look ROFL. meh
The rest of us don't have to wait until after you post to see how stupid you look.

ZING! [/ken jennings]

(That should sufficiently tick you off... :))

David.
09-10-2004, 12:45 AM
The rest of us don't have to wait until after you post to see how stupid you look.

ZING! [/ken jennings]

(That should sufficiently tick you off... :))

:) the thing that pisses me off about KJ is the fact that he made multimillion dollars by PLAYING A FOCKING GAME. I'll probably toil all my life and never have a million :(

Miles
09-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Burn in hell. I wanna hear from you after Mizzou kicks your sorry asses again. You talk wayyy too much shit. :shake:

Hey im kind of happy with Mizzou right now. They at least helped increase LSU's strenght of schedule since the play Troy State. Though it doesnt matter if LSU continues to suck badly...

alanm
09-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Burn in hell. I wanna hear from you after Mizzou kicks your sorry asses again. You talk wayyy too much shit. :shake:Missouri boys are kinda testy tonight.ROFL Well if it makes you happy KState may go down in flames this weekend also. Nebraska plays on ABC at noon against So. Mississippi they were 9-4 last year. Gonna be a tough game. But Nebraska has a stable of HR hitters at I Back and so far a quick strike offense to go with their top 10 defense.:thumb:

alanm
09-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey im kind of happy with Mizzou right now. They at least helped increase LSU's strenght of schedule since the play Troy State. Though it doesnt matter if LSU continues to suck badly...Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the BCS dropped the strength of schedule from the computer format this year.

Taco John
09-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Congratulations on this one. Probably nice to get some respect in the media the week before the game. The way your offense plays, you guys deserve it. We'll have our hands full, there is no doubt.

David.
09-10-2004, 12:51 AM
I hate you.

David.
09-10-2004, 12:52 AM
:)

Miles
09-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the BCS dropped the strength of schedule from the computer format this year.

I thought just dropped it for the overall weighting but many of the individual computers still figure it in? It still it helps anyways with subjective weightings by making the schedule look harder.

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Congratulations on this one. Probably nice to get some respect in the media the week before the game. The way your offense plays, you guys deserve it. We'll have our hands full, there is no doubt. Heh... I have a feeling you don't mean it.

Rausch
09-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Congratulations on this one. Probably nice to get some respect in the media the week before the game. The way your offense plays, you guys deserve it. We'll have our hands full, there is no doubt.

Super bowl win or first round exit you can expect media love this year.

I'm enjoying it... :)

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Taco tends to respect the Chiefs just before a game... and then he pounces on us if we lose. If we win, he can claim he expected that all along.

2bikemike
09-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Glad to see the experts an I are thinking alike! :thumb:

Rausch
09-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Taco tends to respect the Chiefs just before a game... and then he pounces on us if we lose. If we win, he can claim he expected that all along.

He can jump on a stuffed panda bear and it still won't affect the game on sunday...

Taco John
09-10-2004, 12:59 AM
No, I do. I'd maybe talk smack if I thought that having a better preseason record meant anything... But neither of us really knows exactly what we have until Sunday night...

You've heard my schtick about Gunther needing more talent himself to move that defense... I"ve heard other's schtick about Plummer not being the 95.0 quarterback he was last season without Portis and Sharp in the offense... What's the point of re-hashing it?

I'm game ready...

Taco John
09-10-2004, 01:01 AM

Of course I'm going to pounce if you lose. What's the point of a rivalry if I'm not going to give you a hard time for losing to my team? I'd expect no less from you guys.

Rausch
I'm game ready...

Double or nothing?

Just switching beer is kind of a cop-out.

Whomever sweeps owes a 12, and in the event of a split/tie the winner of the 1st game get's the 12.

Deal?

KcMizzou
No, I do. I'd maybe talk smack if I thought that having a better preseason record meant anything... But neither of us really knows exactly what we have until Sunday night...

You've heard my schtick about Gunther needing more talent himself to move that defense... I"ve heard other's schtick about Plummer not being the 95.0 quarterback he was last season without Portis and Sharp in the offense... What's the point of re-hashing it?

I'm game ready... True enough. It's time to play ball. :toast:

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Of course I'm going to pounce if you lose. What's the point of a rivalry if I'm not going to give you a hard time for losing to my team? I'd expect no less from you guys. Damn. I really don't have a come-back for that.

Frazod
09-10-2004, 01:06 AM

Yes, we know.

Pezman
09-10-2004, 01:19 AM
I just hope this doesn't affect our power rankings ROFL

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 01:26 AM
I just hope this doesn't affect our power rankings ROFL I just made a post on the Mange that'll probaby get me on the "troll list". ROFL

Pezman
09-10-2004, 01:29 AM
I just made a post on the Mange that'll probaby get me on the "troll list". ROFL

Well, you really didn't want to talk to Alec anyway right? hehe...

Could be worse. You could be BYUncle over there getting slammed by everyone. Dude has to have ten times more threads there than his own Chiefs board... does he even post here?

KcMizzou
09-10-2004, 01:43 AM
Well, you really didn't want to talk to Alec anyway right? hehe...

Could be worse. You could be BYUncle over there getting slammed by everyone. Dude has to have ten times more threads there than his own Chiefs board... does he even post here? No, he doesn't. ROFL

chiefsfan1963
09-10-2004, 01:52 AM
win or lose at broncos is meaningless to this fan. chiefs have big time pressure on them to not only get into the playoffs, but more importantly win in the playoffs, then advance to jacksonville. anything short of this is a complete disappointment! i won't be feeling better until their first win during the playoffs. we have to get that monkey off our backs. i just wish we had that opportunity this coming sunday rather than 17 weeks from now. it's all mental from here on out. let's hope our boys have a sense of urgency like no other team. we have to take it like we own it!!!!!!! :mad:

The Bad Guy
09-10-2004, 02:21 AM
win or lose at broncos is meaningless to this fan. chiefs have big time pressure on them to not only get into the playoffs, but more importantly win in the playoffs, then advance to jacksonville. anything short of this is a complete disappointment! i won't be feeling better until their first win during the playoffs. we have to get that monkey off our backs. i just wish we had that opportunity this coming sunday rather than 17 weeks from now. it's all mental from here on out. let's hope our boys have a sense of urgency like no other team. we have to take it like we own it!!!!!!! :mad:

How in the **** can any early regular season game be meaningless, especially against a divisional rival?

It's not like it's week 16 and we have locked up HFA.

Every game counts, and I cheer just as hard for week one that I do week 17.

Yeah, the Chiefs should have urgency, but you as a fan don't give a shit if they win or lose so what do you care?

Pants
09-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Whoa, someone just got pwn'd. Damn man, some people are really ****ing mean here.

tk13
09-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Whoa, someone just got pwn'd. Damn man, some people are really ****ing mean here.
ROFL

We all root for the same team in the end... but if you don't have thick skin you can get flustered. People have gotten very mad and left the board because they can't handle the heat. There are people here who will tell it like they think it is, and there are others that will make jokes and make fun of people at every stop along the way... I'd probably happen to be the latter. You just can't take things too seriously...most of the time. :)

The Bad Guy
09-10-2004, 02:29 AM

TK is right. Some people just tell it how it is.

Sorry, it just ruffles my feathers when someone says contradicts themselves in their posts and then says this game is meaningless win or lose.

I wait for football season all year round, and the opener against a division rival isn't meaningless to me.

Pants
09-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I agree. I also think it's probably the 2nd most important game next to the playoffs. It can set the whole mental condition of the team for the whole season.

The Bad Guy
09-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I agree. I also think it's probably the 2nd most important game next to the playoffs. It can set the whole mental condition of the team for the whole season.

Exactly.

If the Chiefs defense goes up there and lays an egg it could be a very long season because players will probably go mental and won't believe in themselves anymore.

Redcoats58
09-10-2004, 02:35 AM
What did you think he was going to be a sweetie pie? Look at his name for Christ's sake.

Pants
09-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Haha, yeah I noticed. It was a little retarded on my part, but oh well.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet today .... but, KC = 2004 Media Darlings. *snicker*

htismaqe
09-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Exactly.

If the Chiefs defense goes up there and lays an egg it could be a very long season because players will probably go mental and won't believe in themselves anymore.

On the other hand, if they go up there and hand it to the Snake and the Rat (holy shit, Denver has become a placemat at a Chinese restaurant! :D) they could build a ton of confidence.

We could be witnessing the birth of a steamroller.

:thumb:

ROYC75
09-10-2004, 07:39 AM
I haven't checked it yet, but I'm sure the hate is fly'n at the mane.

I bet Alex is having a fit ! ROFL

Mark M
09-10-2004, 07:41 AM
If everyone at ESPN picked us, we're screwed. :banghead:

And Theisman never picks the Sunday night games so he can at least appear impartial ...

as compared to appearing like a moron, which he does every chance he gets.

MM
~~:)

InChiefsHell
09-10-2004, 08:05 AM
I'd rather they not pay us any attention at all, but in the end, our boys just need to play.

And BTW, KC victory at Denver on opening night damn near equals the SB to me. I will be unable to speak Monday morning...

Earthling
09-10-2004, 08:15 AM
If everyone at ESPN picked us, we're screwed. :banghead:

And Theisman never picks the Sunday night games so he can at least appear impartial ...

as compared to appearing like a moron, which he does every chance he gets.

MM
~~:)
ROFL So true..

38yrsfan
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I'd shoot a puppy for a win Sunday night .... no wait - wrong thread, an insensitive thought and a contradiction .....

Ugly Duck
09-10-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet today .... but, KC = 2004 Media Darlings. *snicker*I dunno... the media were all set to grant Denver the Crown, but then they watched the Bronco preseason games. So they were left with no choice but to pick KC in this game in spite of the Chiefs defense. I feel kinda sorry for them media dudes sometimes. Check out this quote from CBS Sportsline about last night's game:

"But there was something new, something different and something downright disturbing about the defending Super Bowl champions in Monday's 27-24 victory over Indianapolis. Their defense looked like the Kansas City Chiefs.

And that is not good."