PDA

View Full Version : I thought there was a thread starting limit

Mark M
09-10-2004, 01:20 PM
in this forum ... ?

I know I don't post here often, but a reason for that is because it's essentially the same people posting essentially the same shit on different days:

"(candidate name) did/didn't do (insert action)" or something to that effect.

Are there any threads where I can read some intelligent discussion about the issues? (Granted, this thread sure as hell ain't one of them. Maybe I'll think up some over the weekend and post them Monday.)

MM
~~:shrug:

Cochise
09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Nope. This is the WWF of political discussion. Anything goes.

KCTitus
09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
'intelligent political discussion' - oxymoron.

Raiderhader
09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
:banghead:

Chief Henry
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
:deevee:

Mark M
09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
:deevee:

ROFL

Yeah ... I knew I'd get a few of those.

I'd prefer a link to a decent thread, but I think your smilie pretty much sums up this sub-forum.

MM
~~:D

Brock
09-10-2004, 01:34 PM
FO!

patteeu
09-10-2004, 02:19 PM
in this forum ... ?

I know I don't post here often, but a reason for that is because it's essentially the same people posting essentially the same shit on different days:

"(candidate name) did/didn't do (insert action)" or something to that effect.

Are there any threads where I can read some intelligent discussion about the issues? (Granted, this thread sure as hell ain't one of them. Maybe I'll think up some over the weekend and post them Monday.)

MM
~~:shrug:

There was, until we were banished to the DC ghetto. Now, you can think of this place as ChiefsPlanet's version of the Pakistani Tribal Region. We run our own show in here with little oversight from the central ChiefsPlanet government.

headsnap
09-10-2004, 02:48 PM
day late and a dollar short...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97942

my post from that thread:

that 'two threads a day' ban was put in place on the main board to appease the poosays. The poosays still weren't happy, so they got their way and 'Washington DC' was formed.

Now the poosays want the rule over here too. :banghead:

POOSAYS!!!!! :)

POOSAY!!!!!!

:p

Iowanian
09-10-2004, 02:52 PM
If thinking moving the politics to a separate place, instead of letting it ruin the feel of the main board makes me a poosay.........Make me smell like a 3 day old dead carp, and make me sound like hwy rumble strips when going down a slide, sideways.

Ringleader is going overboard IMO.

Saulbadguy
09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
If thinking moving the politics to a separate place, instead of letting it ruin the feel of the main board makes me a poosay.........Make me smell like a 3 day old dead carp, and make me sound like hwy rumble strips when going down a slide, sideways.

Everyone is going overboard. Its frusturating wading through a gajillion threads about what Candidate A did 30 years ago, and what Candidate B was doing in 1969 at 1:37 AM, and who was doing what hallucinagenic drugs.

OldTownChief
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Everyone is going overboard. Its frusturating wading through a gajillion threads about what Candidate A did 30 years ago, and what Candidate B was doing in 1969 at 1:37 AM, and who was doing what hallucinagenic drugs.

John Kerry is running his entire campaign on what he did/didn't do 30 years ago. The Bush campaign is running entirely on his last 4 years as our president. If the Kerry campaign ever switches to his senate record, which they wont, these threads will become even more laughable.

dirk digler
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM

:thumb: No shit, Right now Ringleader has 11 on the DC front page compared to just 2 for Jaz.
I believe RL has blown a gasket or something he keeps throwing the same crap up but different day. Get a grip and a life RL.

What I find funny is he supposed to be a Chief fan and he is on a Chief BB, at least the last time I checked, and yet he doesn't talk about the CHiefs hardly at all. When was the last time he started a thread talking about the Chiefs?

Saulbadguy
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
John Kerry is running his entire campaign on what he did/didn't do 30 years ago. The Bush campaign is running entirely on his last 4 years as our president. If the Kerry campaign ever switches to his senate record, which they wont, these threads will become even more laughable.
I disagree. From what i've seen, the Bush Campaign is focusing on the exact same thing Kerry is focusing on, what he did or did not do 30 years ago. Of course, this is IMHO. I would much rather have both candidates focus on what they plan to do for this country in the next 4 years.

Cochise
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM
:rolleyes: The reason RL is on the front page more than jAZ is because jAZ is getting nothing but bad news lately.

When something comes out that seems bad for Bush then jAZ has 5 or 6 threads about it on page 1 too. It works both ways. Everyone should just enjoy themselves or don't click on the link to this forum. Easy solution.

Iowanian
09-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Its not like either of them drove drunk, killed their girlfriend by driving off a bridge and are still a senator...........It would REALLY take some baows for a guy like that to say anything negative about the sitting president's past.

Don't worry...Jaz will get his quota in by gametime.

Like I said yesterday....both sides should be talking about the Political actions of the canidates in the recent past(political records) and EXACTLY what the issues and platforms are for our FUTURE...becauase Nov 3rd.....It doesn't matter if Bush was on acid and napalmed the village of babies that Kerry cut the heads off of.....The Next Decade is whats on the Agenda Nov 2.

dirk digler
09-10-2004, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes: The reason RL is on the front page more than jAZ is because jAZ is getting nothing but bad news lately.

When something comes out that seems bad for Bush then jAZ has 5 or 6 threads about it on page 1 too. It works both ways. Everyone should just enjoy themselves or don't click on the link to this forum. Easy solution.

I understand that but I think he is going a little overboard.

I just can't wait for the election to be over.

dirk digler
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Its not like either of them drove drunk, killed their girlfriend by driving off a bridge and are still a senator...........It would REALLY take some baows for a guy like that to say anything negative about the sitting president's past.

Don't worry...Jaz will get his quota in by gametime.

Like I said yesterday....both sides should be talking about the Political actions of the canidates in the recent past(political records) and EXACTLY what the issues and platforms are for our FUTURE...becauase Nov 3rd.....It doesn't matter if Bush was on acid and napalmed the village of babies that Kerry cut the heads off of.....The Next Decade is whats on the Agenda Nov 2.

Totally agree. I get tired of hearing about what happened over 30 years ago. It doesn't mean squat to me.

headsnap
09-10-2004, 03:29 PM

then what the hell are you doing over in the DC Forum. :banghead:

jAZ
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM

That's part of it... no doubt.

But another part of it has more to do with the political slant of the majority of people around here. There is a much larger group of people who side with RL's slant. 15 people fighting to make their case on a RL thread will tend to keep a RL thread afloat longer than 5 people fighting to make their case on a jAZ thread.

dirk digler
09-10-2004, 03:32 PM

Because some of the regulars over here actually have good takes and make sense and they are good posters.

headsnap
09-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I disagree. From what i've seen, the Bush Campaign is focusing on the exact same thing Kerry is focusing on, what he did or did not do 30 years ago. Of course, this is IMHO. I would much rather have both candidates focus on what they plan to do for this country in the next 4 years.
:spock:

Please show me where Bush(or Bush campaign) is talking about the events from 30 years ago, other than Bush saying that Kerry served honorably, more honorably than himself.

Bush is on flip/flop, liberal senator, etc...

Kerry's whole convention was on Vietnam.

jAZ
09-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd prefer the election focus on

1) What the plans are for the next 4 years

and

2) What the President has accomplished in the last 4 years vs. what he was elected to accomplish.

Part of the election needs to be a performance review, the other part is the plan for the future.

Bush's performance review isn't very good and he knows it. So he's focused on discrediting the other presidential candidate in any way he can.

jAZ
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
:spock:

Please show me where Bush(or Bush campaign) is talking about the events from 30 years ago, other than Bush saying that Kerry served honorably, more honorably than himself.

Bush is on flip/flop, liberal senator, etc...

Kerry's whole convention was on Vietnam.
People keep repeating that, so it must be true.

OldTownChief
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM

I don't think RL is going overboard at all. If it turns out that CBS based this story on false information I would like to know about it and RL has provided me with a lot of sources. Those that have a problem with it don't have to click the mouse.

dirk digler
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I don't think RL is going overboard at all. If it turns out that CBS based this story on false information I would like to know about it and RL has provided me with a lot of sources. Those that have a problem with it don't have to click the mouse.

You don't think that 5 threads on the exact same subject is not going overboard? :rolleyes:

Raiderhader
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
People keep repeating that, so it must be true.

Perhaps you would care to provide a link to some site that has evidence to the contrary?

Oh, crackpot conspiracy sites don't count.

OldTownChief
09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
You don't think that 5 threads on the exact same subject is not going overboard? :rolleyes:

I doesnt bother me any, I don't complain about jAZ either.

jAZ
09-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Perhaps you would care to provide a link to some site that has evidence to the contrary?

Oh, crackpot conspiracy sites don't count.
You must not have actually watched it if you think the "whole convention was about Vietnam". No matter how often you repeat it, it's not true.

Feel free to watch the speeches of Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Obama... they are available on the web. They are all filled with talk about the future direction of the country. Very little was about Vietnam.

I'm not stupid enough to deny that the common theme was that Kerry was a soldier, but to cast the convention as nothing but Vietnam is totally false.

Raiderhader
09-10-2004, 04:18 PM
You must not have actually watched it if you think the "whole convention was about Vietnam". No matter how often you repeat it, it's not true.

Feel free to watch the speeches of Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Obama... they are available on the web. They are all filled with talk about the future direction of the country. Very little was about Vietnam.

I'm not stupid enough to deny that the common theme was that Kerry was a soldier, but to cast the convention as nothing but Vietnam is totally false.

You really do live in a dream world...

patteeu
09-10-2004, 05:00 PM

Leave her alone, she's feeding her victim complex.

patteeu
09-10-2004, 05:06 PM

No, but complaining about it over and over is.

Raiderhader
09-10-2004, 05:13 PM
No, but complaining about it over and over is.

ROFL