PDA

View Full Version : What kind of shoes do you prefer?

foxman
09-10-2004, 02:24 PM
I am just curious.

I prefer to use New Balance cross trainers when I am working out.

Up till recently I also chose NB crosstrainers for play, shopping going out or whatever, but recently I switched to Nike Pegasis I think is the name. Anyway they are the first pair of running shoes I have owned and man oh man are the comfy.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Sandals.

Then I never have to wash socks.

MOhillbilly
09-10-2004, 02:35 PM
gansta nikes,sambas,adidas,shitkickers.....

Donger
09-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Sandals.

Then I never have to wash socks.

You have to wash socks?

stevieray
09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
You have to wash socks?

usually after legs and before towels.

el borracho
09-10-2004, 02:40 PM
You have to wash socks?
Seriously, what is your deal with hygiene?

el borracho
09-10-2004, 02:41 PM
I prefer barefoot but if forced to wear shoes I like vans or other low-top sneakers.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Are we talking about shoes or sneaks here?

Some of my favorite footwear brands:

Diesel
Reef
Steve Madden
Nike
Vans
Born
Kenneth Cole
Addias
Puma

Donger
09-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Seriously, what is your deal with hygiene?

I'm not being serious.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Steve Madden

I expect to see some lame, "My wife loves those, too." jokes.

Born

I really liked my Born sandals at the start... but, they didn't hold up for shit. I'm sorry, but when I spend $60 on a pair of sandals, I expect them to last more than a year.

Jenson71
09-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I've had a nice pair of K-Swiss for a while. I'm not really committed to any type though. I'm a very open-minded individual.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
I expect to see some lame, "My wife loves those, too." jokes.

I really liked my Born sandals at the start... but, they didn't hold up for shit. I'm sorry, but when I spend $60 on a pair of sandals, I expect them to last more than a year.

Hmm...I just bought some Born semi-dressy casual shoes. They were pricey, so I hope they hold up better than you say. This is my first pair of Borns and I do really like them, so far. But now I'm scared. :)

Iowanian
09-10-2004, 02:50 PM
My prefered shoe is a laceup roper or a work boot.
All too often, due to my job, I'm a leather something or other that goes will khaki pants....higher heal so I can wear white ankle socks.

I'm not a big fan of the Jesus Joggers, but put them on once in a while.

Check that......My favorite shoes are camoflage waterproof.....that means I'm hunting or fishing.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Hmm...I just bought some Born semi-dressy casual shoes. They were pricey, so I hope they hold up better than you say. This is my first pair of Borns and I do really like them, so far. But now I'm scared. :)
How often do you plan on wearing them?

I was wearing these sandals almost every day.

Plus, with shoes, you'll be wearing socks (presumably). A large part of what killed my sandals was sweat. If there were socks absorbing the lion's share of the sweat, they'd probably be in much better condition today.

Jenson71
09-10-2004, 02:51 PM

I own two pairs of Borns. High quality stuff.

:thumb:

foxman
09-10-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Jesus Joggers, but put them on once in a while.

Gotta ask. What is a Jesus Jogger?

Iowanian
09-10-2004, 02:53 PM
A jerusalem Cruiser.

David.
09-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I wear Puma's :thumb:

Jenson71
Gotta ask. What is a Jesus Jogger?

Those sandals with wings on the back.

jcroft
How often do you plan on wearing them?

I was wearing these sandals almost every day.

Plus, with shoes, you'll be wearing socks (presumably). A large part of what killed my sandals was sweat. If there were socks absorbing the lion's share of the sweat, they'd probably be in much better condition today.

Since I'm a total shoe whore (I should probably be one of the Queer Eye guys with all my shoes), I don't wear them more than two or three times a week. And yeah, I'll be wearing socks. :)

Skip Towne
09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I like US Keds. They make me run my fastest and jump my highest.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Since I'm a total shoe whore (I should probably be one of the Queer Eye guys with all my shoes)

You woman.

I have: sandals, a pair of brown Docs (for situations where I can't wear my sandals), a black pair of dress shoes (for, y'know, when I wear a suit), and there's a pair of old Vans collecting dust somewhere.

Braincase
09-10-2004, 03:00 PM
OK, I hate to admit it, but when it comes to shoes, I'm freakin' Imelda Marcos. My wife has about 4 pairs of shoes, I have about 20. I never get rid of 'em. 4 pairs of golf shoes, Nike & Etonic, a couple old pairs of basketball shoes (Nike), a couple old pair of other recreational shoes (Nike & New Balance), a couple of Nunn Bush & Bostonian dress shoes, and then you cap that off with about 12 pairs of Rockports - dress, walking, black walking, deck shoes (3 or 4 pair of those alone), penny loafers...

All in all, I'd say the Rockport shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

Braincase
09-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Did I mention my 5 or 6 pair of sandals?

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey Braincase... maybe you and jcroft could hook up and go shopping sometime. A real girls' night out.

David.
09-10-2004, 03:02 PM
I used to have a bunch of shoes, because I never throw em away. But I can't have a bunch that I wear at the same time because I'm still growing :(

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey Braincase... maybe you and jcroft could hook up and go shopping sometime. A real girls' night out.

Hah. :)

Off the top of my head:

Shoes:
-------
1 Pair Born "Business Casual" black shoes
3 Pair (!) Diesel brown leather oxfords
1 Pair Steve Madden brown leather sneaker/shoe hybrid
1 Pair Black dress wingtips
1 Pair Brown dress wingtips
2 Pairs of GBX casual boots (one brown, one black)

Sneaks:
--------
2 Pair of classic Vans
1 Pair of Tony Hawk skate shoes
1 Pair DC skate shoes
1 Pair Nike running/cross trainers
1 Pair Addidas racing shoes (auto-racing inspired fashion sneaks)
1 Pair Puma brown casual/street sneaks

Sandals/Flips:
-------------
2 Pair Reef brown leather flips
1 Pair Sketchers brown leather sandals
1 Pair black leader sandals (GBX, I think)
2 Pair Nike athletic slides (blue and black)
Probably 10 pair of various $3 Old Navy flips that never get worn. Anyone want them? :)

Observations:
1. I like brown.
2. I have way more "nice" shoes than my job and lifestyle calls for.
3. I like flips.
4. I really, really, really need a shoe rack.
5. Why do I subject myself to this kind of abuse from EnDelt?

MOhillbilly
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM

Sandals make my toes hurt,esp after i kick someone.

Brock
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
I dig my Oakleys.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:23 PM

A wha--?

Heck, you've been gone awhile. You know you missed me.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Sandals make my toes hurt,esp after i kick someone.
That is the downside. Kicking someone in the face is much more effective when wearing boots. Er... I would imagine.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
A wha--?

Heck, you've been gone awhile. You know you missed me.

You know it. ;)

I dunno...it's a brown leather shoe that is not a typical sneaker in the atheltic sense, but it also doesn't qualify as a casual or dress shoe. It's shaped like a sneaker, but made from more dressy materials, I guess? Hell, I dunno.

MOhillbilly
09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
That is the downside. Kicking someone in the face is much more effective when wearing boots. Er... I would imagine.

Yeah i remember yer story ya hood.
Hated&Proud......:p

MOhillbilly
09-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Hah. :)

Off the top of my head:

Shoes:
-------
1 Pair Born "Business Casual" black shoes
3 Pair (!) Diesel brown leather oxfords
1 Pair Black dress wingtips
1 Pair Brown dress wingtips
2 Pairs of GBX casual boots (one brown, one black)

Sneaks:
--------
2 Pair of classic Vans
1 Pair of Tony Hawk skate shoes
1 Pair DC skate shoes
1 Pair Nike running/cross trainers
1 Pair Addidas racing shoes (auto-racing inspired fashion sneaks)
1 Pair Puma brown casual/street sneaks

Sandals/Flips:
-------------
2 Pair Reef brown leather flips
1 Pair Sketchers brown leather sandals
1 Pair black leader sandals (GBX, I think)
2 Pair Nike athletic slides (blue and black)
Probably 10 pair of various $3 Old Navy flips that never get worn. Anyone want them? :)

Observations:
1. I like brown.
2. I have way more "nice" shoes than my job and lifestyle calls for.
3. I like flips.
4. I really, really, really need a shoe rack.

say baby, whatcha got goin' on tonight. bet you got a nice set of pumps to go w/ that little black dress you got on.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM
I dunno...it's a brown leather shoe that is not a typical sneaker in the atheltic sense, but it also doesn't qualify as a casual or dress shoe. It's shaped like a sneaker, but made from more dressy materials, I guess? Hell, I dunno.

I guess I'll have to surf over to the Steve Madden website and see if I can find a pic. I'm really having trouble wrapping my mind around this.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:34 PM
say baby, whatcha got goin' on tonight. bet you got a nice set of pumps to go w/ that little black dress you got on.

Too little, too late. ENDelt owns you when it come to the "jcroft is a homo" jokes. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
I am just curious.

comfortable and under $20.

NewChief
I wear Chaco sandals about 95% of the time when I'm not at work.

I wear Borns or Birkenstocks (clogs) to work.

If I'm backpacking, I wear my big full-grain leather Merrell Wilderness backpacking boots.

If I'm running, I usually wear Salomon XA-Pros or Nike Air Pegasus, depending on if I'm on street or trail.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/STORE/HomeMen.html?L+control+qstk3547+1094869113

The shoe on that guy's leg is actually the exact same shoe. But, most of the shoes on that page are sort of in that style.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Too little, too late. ENDelt owns you when it come to the "jcroft is a homo" jokes. :)
I haven't even busted out any New Beetle smack yet.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:40 PM
http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/STORE/HomeMen.html?L+control+qstk3547+1094869113

The shoe on that guy's leg is actually the exact same shoe. But, most of the shoes on that page are sort of in that style.
Ah yeah... I guess I've seen those before.

NewChief
09-10-2004, 03:40 PM
BTW,

For really nice shoes (Born, Mephisto, etc.), hiking boots (Merrell, Salomon, Alico, La Sportiva, Asolo), hunting boots (Rocky and too many others to name), cowboy boots, running shoes, etc..etc.. check out Sierra Trading Post. Almost everything there is a super good deal, sometimes up to 75% off.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/dept_id.342/qx/dept.htm

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:41 PM
I haven't even busted out any New Beetle smack yet.

Would it matter if I said that I'm getting rid of the bug in two months? Lease is almost up. :)

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Would it matter if I said that I'm getting rid of the bug in two months? Lease is almost up. :)
What're you gonna replace it with? A Miata?

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:46 PM
What're you gonna replace it with? A Miata?

Not sure yet. All I really care about is finding something that makes me really ****ing manly in your eyes. :D

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Not sure yet. All I really care about is finding something that makes me really ****ing manly in your eyes. :D
Ha. Well, at least you've got your priorities straight.

How much of "New Beetle Enthusiast" can you be when you only leased yours?

ChiTown
09-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I wear some form of sandal just about every day. My favorite type is made by Born. It's one of the most comfortable fitting brand of shoes you'll ever wear.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Ha. Well, at least you've got your priorities straight.

How much of "New Beetle Enthusiast" can you be when you only leased yours?

Well, I leased two of them. So, that's something, right?

I like the Bug, but I'm not married to it. I run the site and it makes me some money, so I keep doing it. :)

stevieray
09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Georgia Workboots.

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, I leased two of them. So, that's something, right?

I like the Bug, but I'm not married to it. I run the site and it makes me some money, so I keep doing it. :)
So, you're just using bug lovers! I should go to your site and expose you.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 03:55 PM
So, you're just using bug lovers! I should go to your site and expose you.

:D

foxman
09-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I never noticed how many people wear sandles. I just can't get into them and be comfy.

One note, I didnt mention work shoes although no biggie, but as my ocupation requires I do own 5 or 6 pair of dress shoes. Never paid much attention to the brand other the the nicer ones like Alan Edmunds ect.

ChiTown
09-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I never noticed how many people wear sandles. I just can't get into them and be comfy.

Nothing beats a jew cruiser....... :)

(fully expecting the PC crowd to chime in)

jcroft
09-10-2004, 04:03 PM

One note, I didnt mention work shoes although no biggie, but as my ocupation requires I do own 5 or 6 pair of dress shoes. Never paid much attention to the brand other the the nicer ones like Alan Edmunds ect.

I wear sandals or flips more than anything. I wear them with shorts, jeans, kakhis...anything. They're just the best thing ever invented. I think if you buy a nice pair of leather sandals, or some nice leather flips (I recommend Reef), you'll find them quite comfortable.

Also...I believe it's almost always wrong to wear anything BUT sandals/flips with shorts. The only exception is if you are doing something althetic that requires you to be cool in shorts, but have the support of a sneaker (like, say, playing softball or hoops in the summer). In general, though, save the shoes and socks for when you're wearing jeans or pants.

ENDelt260

Only if they get confused and think you're talking about a BMW.

Miles
I pretty much were my sandles around everywhere the entire year. Only time i dont is when i have to wear a tie.

jcroft
09-10-2004, 04:04 PM

Do we have a PC crowd here?

Oh wait...Denise. I almost forgot. :)

(Just teasing, Denise...you know I've never been a mememe hater!)

ChiTown
09-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Only if they get confused and think you're talking about a BMW.

ROFL LMMFAO

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 04:08 PM
New Balance Cross trainers, for work or play.

MGRS13
09-10-2004, 06:30 PM
you mean there are others types of shoes besides VANS. Wow crazy.....

RedNFeisty
09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Can't go wrong with these!!

RedNFeisty
09-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Sandels are great!

ENDelt260
09-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Sandels are great!
That's a sandal?

RedNFeisty
09-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Sandels are so sexy!!

BigOlChiefsfan
09-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Just got a pair of these last weekend, like 'em a lot so far:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0023098812100a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx

Phobia
09-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I admit, I'm a big shoe guy like jcroft. I'll throw down a post with a few off the top of my head.... Then if I get bored tonight, I may put together a more accurate list:

1 Lucchese Ostrich boots
2 pair Docs boots (black & brown)
1 pair GBX boots
1 pair Timberland boots
7 pair of dress shoes - various brands to include J&M, Robert Wayne, Joseph Aboud, Bostonian
3 pairs of softball cleats
2 pair Docs sandals
NB 805
Nike Xtrainers - various other Nike shoes
K-Swiss court shoes

I got rid of a bunch of shoes when I moved. I should probably throw away a couple pair of boots, too.

Skip Towne
09-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I admit, I'm a big shoe guy like jcroft. I'll throw down a post with a few off the top of my head.... Then if I get bored tonight, I may put together a more accurate list:

1 Lucchese Ostrich boots
2 pair Docs boots (black & brown)
1 pair GBX boots
1 pair Timberland boots
7 pair of dress shoes - various brands to include J&M, Robert Wayne, Joseph Aboud, Bostonian
3 pairs of softball cleats
2 pair Docs sandals
NB 805
Nike Xtrainers - various other Nike shoes
K-Swiss court shoes

I got rid of a bunch of shoes when I moved. I should probably throw away a couple pair of boots, too.
I can see by your outfit that you are a cowboy.

Phobia
09-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I can see by your outfit that you are a cowboy.

Heh heh - my wife picked those out for me during rodeo month a few years ago - when I made a bunch of mon-ay. I also had a really nice pair of marbled calfskin ropers.... I loaned 'em to somebody and forgot who. They're gone. While I spent more than my share of time on the farm growing up, I'm strictly a concrete cowboy 3 or 4x per year.