PDA

View Full Version : Amy Barnes on Radio: "My Dad Lied."

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
On my way home, I was scannin' the AM dial because of this CBS story, and I caught part of an interview with Amy Barnes, daughter of the guy claiming to have helped Bush get into the national guard...the DNC fundraiser...the guy who's released these documents.....

I don't know the show, because I usually listen to ESPN; in any event, she said:

"My Dad has told me conflicting stories. In 2000, he said, he absolutely did not help Bush. Now, on 60 minutes, he says he did."

He (her dad) also called her last night urging her to retract, and pressuried her, to retract statement; called this radio show she had decided to talk to and HIS secretary "cancelled" her interview when she had not done so.....although the show apparently called her back to see if she was still coming on....

In any event, anyone else know anything about this? :hmmm:

This thing is gettin' more and more weird by the hour....

So now, in addition to the son of the dead Colonel, the wife of the dead Colonel, the DAUGHTER of this Ben Barnes character ALL say Ben is lying...

Dan Rather would seem to be in deep doo-doo....

Hmmmmmmmm :hmmm:

Cochise
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
I hope "the Dan" is constantly updating his script for tonight's statement on the subject... the leaks seem to be springing faster than he can put his finger in them...

alnorth
09-10-2004, 03:22 PM
If you were wondering, the show you were listening to was Sean Hannity

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Anyone? :hmmm:

I'd even welcome pro-Kerry people who may have input on this.... :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
If you were wondering, the show you were listening to was Sean Hannity

Ah-ha....I wasn't sure if it was Rush (with a guest host) or G. Gordon Liddy, or what....in any event, I thought it was interesting....

It kept fading in and out though; I think it was a Sioux City, Iowa station I'm not familiar with....

Thanks! Does he have a website? :hmmm:

Donger
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
How do we know that it was his daughter?

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM
How do we know that it was his daughter?

She sure seemed legit; if she wasn't whoever's radio program she was on, THEIR career and credibilty would be tarnished (Hannity?) :shrug:

Taco John
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Uh? Some dude's daughter is your source?

Why did you even bother posting? The most suprising thing about this thread is that you thought it prudent to post it... and then beg for participation.

Taco John
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Dan Rather would seem to be in deep doo-doo....

Actually, not really at all... It turns out the Whitehouse distributed the documents:

Yet, it was the White House not Kerry's campaign that distributed four memos from 1972 and 1973 from Lt. Col. Jerry Killian, now deceased, who was the commander of the 111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron in Houston where Bush served. The White House obtained the memos from CBS News, which said it was convinced of their authenticity, and the White House did not question their accuracy. There was no explanation why the Pentagon (news - web sites) was unable to find the documents on its own.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_national_guard&cid=544&ncid=716

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Uh? Some dude's daughter is your source?

Why did you even bother posting? The most suprising thing about this thread is that you thought it prudent to post it... and then beg for participation.

Why don't you just ignore it then?

Sheeeesh.... :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Rather's source has a daughter who says he's a LIAR....that's not news in your world, I guess.

If his own daughter says he's a liar; why should we believe him?

FringeNC
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Actually, not really at all... It turns out the Whitehouse distributed the documents:

What are you talking about? The WH released reports that ORIGINATED from CBS. You're spinning is out of control. You are almost as bad as Frankie.

Joe Seahawk
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
The White House obtained the memos from CBS News, which said it was convinced of their authenticity, and the White House did not question their accuracy. .

The White house took one look at them, saw they were phonies and chuckled as they distributed them to the press.. Have fun with it CBS..

There was no explanation why the Pentagon (news - web sites) was unable to find the documents on its own

Uh, because they didn't exist maybe?

Donger
09-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Doesn't your quote say that the Whitehouse got the memos from CBS?

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Doesn't your quote say that the Whitehouse got the memos from CBS?

Don't confuse TJ with the facts... :shake: