PDA

View Full Version : Game Concerns

NaptownChief
09-10-2004, 04:32 PM
I like our chances Sunday night. I think Plummer is going to look like the Arizona version of Jake now that his weapons have been reduced. I expect he will be forcing balls and probably get a couple picked. I don't fear their offense in the slightest. However, until the defense comes out and proves they are better we all know a good HS team could move the ball on our D so even as bad as I think Plummer and the Denver offense might be they could possibly still move the ball.

On the other side of the ball my concerns are the double teams that are going to come on Gonzo and the heavy coverage Priest will see out of the backfield on screens due to our lack of threats at WR. They are going to cover Gonzo with Wilson and then double up with a safety. Trent is going to have to be very careful not to force the ball into him. Bailey is going to try and blanket Kennison and very well could shut him out. I hope not but certainly possible. My other big concern is Welborne. He has graded out very poorly in the preseason and Denver is licking their chops to line Pryce up on him.

They will be covering little bitty Dante with a 6'4" CB so Dante will have to make his hay on short, quick routes as getting anything down field will be tough with that height disadvantage.

Rain Man
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
My only concern on offense is that their best DL, Pryce, is matched up on our newest guy, Welbourn. Besides Pryce, their line doesn't worry me a bit, and it'll take half a season to get their two newish OLBs up to speed.

Other than that, their corners are good, but yeah, go ahead and shut down the three passes that we'll throw to our wide receivers.

On defense, I think their receivers are probably a little better than we give them credit for, but they certainly aren't scary. I don't know enough about their new RB to worry too much, other than hoping that we don't let him get outside. I'm hoping that this game will be a confidence builder for our defense, with some turnovers and some attacking.

MGRS13
09-10-2004, 05:32 PM
My concern is that we will lose.

philfree
09-10-2004, 05:40 PM
He has graded out very poorly in the preseason and Denver is licking their chops to line Pryce up on him.

Do you have access to the grades of the players? That be cool to look at.

On the other side of the ball my concerns are the double teams that are going to come on Gonzo and the heavy coverage Priest will see out of the backfield on screens due to our lack of threats at WR.

People can bag on our WRs all they want(not that you were) but if they try to peek into the backfield or bite on a playaction Kennison and Morton will burn them. They may not be pro bowl players but they are savy vets and they can make them pay. Of course the only way to stop Gonzo is to hold him so these matchups don't bother me at all.

They will be covering little bitty Dante with a 6'4" CB so Dante will have to make his hay on short, quick routes as getting anything down field will be tough with that height disadvantage.

I think this matchup favors Dante. His game is burst and change of direction and IMO there is no way a 6'4" CB is gonna be able to match those things. It a be like trying to catch a chicken.

IMo this game hinges on our run D and our ability to execute our offense. And of course turnovers.

PhilFree :arrow:

NaptownChief
09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Phil...just shot you a PM.

philfree
09-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Phil...just shot you a PM.

I gotstit and sent a short one back.

PhilFree :arrow:

Bowser
09-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm concerned with how Beisel is going to look at MLB. I expect we will see a ton of middle screens and short crossing routes. Hopefullt, Monty will be able to hold down the fort.

NaptownChief
09-10-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm concerned with how Beisel is going to look at MLB. I expect we will see a ton of middle screens and short crossing routes. Hopefullt, Monty will be able to hold down the fort.

Definitely a vaild concern....I have high hopes for him...He certainly is a better athlete than anyone we have trotted out in a while at that position...

bogie
09-10-2004, 06:33 PM
"I think this matchup favors Dante. His game is burst and change of direction and IMO there is no way a 6'4" CB is gonna be able to match those things. It a be like trying to catch a chicken."

I agree with this.

TEX
09-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm concerned that we won't have enough on offense to make up for our defense. The injuries to our WR's leave us very thin and the injury to Wilson takes away the element of "surprise." Having to play Hall more at WR will likely reduce his effectiveness in the return game.

I'm concerned with out MLB situation and you know the DONX are sure to test it. And of course I'm concerned with our run _efense which will no doubt be tested early and often.

I'm also concerned with our kick and punt coverage teams and how our new kickers are going to react in a 1st prime time game situation.

I'm hoping that somehow we can jump out to an early lead and force Plummet to throw to catch up. But even if we do that, the DONX will still try and run the ball because until our defense shows it can stop the run, a long run is just as likely to occur as a long pass completion.

It's just soooooo hard to win in Denver...

2bikemike
09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
I am concerned about the penalties. It seems like we were kinda sloppy in the preseason. I am concerned how well our DB's will handle the new rules.

But on the other hand I think if they call it the way they say they are going to Tony will either have a big game or we should get a lot of penalty yards.

siberian khatru
09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm concerned we're gonna bite too often on Plummer's rollouts. And I'm concerned about our DEs and LBs getting caught inside and seeing Griffin squirt outside for big gains.

Pants
09-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Why the hell do people constantly worry abut our WR's? We did just fine (err... AWESOME) with the same guys last year. All of a sudden our WR's core sucks because we lost Bo. Bo is good, but he didn't contribute that much last year... so please stop worrying about our WR's.

You list the heavy coverage on Priest as a neg., well it's the complete opposite. Kennison and Morton are going to have a hell of a time raping the donks if that turns out to be true.

Thank you.

Raiderhader
09-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I am concerned about the penalties. It seems like we were kinda sloppy in the preseason. I am concerned how well our DB's will handle the new rules.

But on the other hand I think if they call it the way they say they are going to Tony will either have a big game or we should get a lot of penalty yards.

Why? They are use to playing ten yards off anyway....

cdcox
09-10-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm concerned that the invesco scoreboard will not be able to accomodate our score. I hear it only goes up to two digits.

I am concerned, that Plummer will go out injured and we will have to face a real QB.

I am concerned that if some of our back up DL don't record a sack, that they will feel left out and their feelings will be hurt.

I am concerned that if Dante scores another jaw-dropping TD, that the entire state of CO will go into shock for 2 mos, sending the nation into depression.

NaptownChief
09-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Why the hell do people constantly worry abut our WR's? We did just fine (err... AWESOME) with the same guys last year. All of a sudden our WR's core sucks because we lost Bo. Bo is good, but he didn't contribute that much last year... so please stop worrying about our WR's.

You list the heavy coverage on Priest as a neg., well it's the complete opposite. Kennison and Morton are going to have a hell of a time raping the donks if that turns out to be true.

Thank you.

Morton hasn't rapped anybody but the Chiefs front office out of a big paycheck in the last two years.

4th and Long
09-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Morton hasn't rapped anybody but the Chiefs front office out of a big paycheck in the last two years.
:shake:
Who was that I saw rip off a 27 yard reverse last year against Denver?

Who was that I saw beat Deltha ONeal for a TD last year and then proceed to do "The Worm?"

Who was that I saw pull one up off the turf for a TD last year against San Diego?

Who was that I saw burn the Texas for 50 yards last year?

Who was that I saw pull down a 38 yarder against Green Bay last year?

Who was that I saw stiff arm his way into the end zone in that same game?

Who was that I saw catch a 28 yard TD pass against the Browns last year?

The answer is ...

NaptownChief
09-12-2004, 08:21 AM
:shake:
Who was that I saw rip off a 27 yard reverse last year against Denver?

Who was that I saw beat Deltha ONeal for a TD last year and then proceed to do "The Worm?"

Who was that I saw pull one up off the turf for a TD last year against San Diego?

Who was that I saw burn the Texas for 50 yards last year?

Who was that I saw pull down a 38 yarder against Green Bay last year?

Who was that I saw stiff arm his way into the end zone in that same game?

Who was that I saw catch a 28 yard TD pass against the Browns last year?

The answer is ...

Didn't take long to come up with every play he has made for the Chiefs did it....since there has been so damn few.

4th and Long
09-12-2004, 08:28 AM
Didn't take long to come up with every play he has made for the Chiefs did it....since there has been so damn few.
He contributed to the team on it's way to a 13-3 season. If you're looking for a big play making WR, you're a fan of the wrong team. We don't have any of those. What we DO have is a core of guys who play the game nearly every down and put a lot of points on the board. Why you're complaining about one WR is beyond me.

Perhaps you need to go buy a Randy Moss jersey and root for the Vikes, or maybe a Terrell Owens jersey and root for the Eagles.

Count Zarth
09-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Perhaps you need to go buy a Randy Moss jersey and root for the Vikes, or maybe a Terrell Owens jersey and root for the Eagles.

A #1 WR is overrated.

NaptownChief
09-12-2004, 08:53 AM
If you're looking for a big play making WR, you're a fan of the wrong team. We don't have any of those. .

You are exactly right....despite the fact we have been paying for one.

2 1/2 TD's per season....Not bad for a 25.7 Million dollar contract.

4th and Long
09-12-2004, 08:55 AM
A #1 WR is overrated.
EXACTLY!!!

4th and Long
09-12-2004, 08:56 AM
You are exactly right....despite the fact we have been paying for one.

2 1/2 TD's per season....Not bad for a 25.7 Million dollar contract.
I'm sure Mr. Peterson would be most appreciative if you'd loan him your magic crystal ball that shows the future of each player we acquire.

jiveturkey
09-12-2004, 09:01 AM
"I think this matchup favors Dante. His game is burst and change of direction and IMO there is no way a 6'4" CB is gonna be able to match those things. It a be like trying to catch a chicken."

I agree with this.I also agree with this. It would make more sense to put Bailey on Dante.

NaptownChief
09-12-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm sure Mr. Peterson would be most appreciative if you'd loan him your magic crystal ball that shows the future of each player we acquire.

He might also appreciate you providing him some of the drugs that makes a person feel like Morton has been a good contributor and money well spent.

NaptownChief
09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
All of my pregame concerns certainly turned out to be warranted ...Our defense is pitiful and the lack of any regular threat at WR is really going to throttle this offense down. Denver wrote the blue print last night as to how to shut down our passing game...Double Gonzo the whole game knowing full well that a 3rd string rookie safety could cover Morton and Kennison.

Warrior5
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
All of my pregame concerns certainly turned out to be warranted ...Our defense is pitiful and the lack of any regular threat at WR is really going to throttle this offense down. Denver wrote the blue print last night as to how to shut down our passing game...Double Gonzo the whole game knowing full well that a 3rd string rookie safety could cover Morton and Kennison.

You called it Nap. I'll be very interested in your analysis of the upcoming game against Carolina.

NaptownChief
09-13-2004, 05:36 PM
You called it Nap. I'll be very interested in your analysis of the upcoming game against Carolina.

My concern about Welborne unfortuately rang way too accurate. Denver had their way with him.

As for the next game....Cut and paste this one.

We have a horrid need at WR and just came out of a draft that could easily turn out to be the greatest and deepest WR draft in histroy and yet these jokers did nothing to take advantage.....Draft day I was befuddled when Rashaun Woods was still on the board in round 1 and we traded out of the pick...Round 2 I about blew a gasket when Kerry Colbert made it to us and we passed for a backup TE/H Back....That is going to haunt us this season as much or more so than our pitiful defense.

DV has had four years to turn around this defense and not only has he not accomplished that it could be argued that it has gone from horrible to worse. This could make for a long, miserable season.