PDA

View Full Version : Pick the one team this weekend that you feel

Nzoner
09-10-2004, 10:44 PM
will win by the biggest point spread.

I'm in a CDM game where we not only have to pick one winner but which winner we think will win by the greatest margin.

The grand prize is $10,000 as well as $1000 for league winners so I'm looking for some solid opinions and a little reasoning to go along.

Right now I'm leaning towards Houston,oh yeah one other catch once we've used the team we're done with them for the year like LMS.

TIA

FWIW, the game is here,$10 to play (http://football.winnerschallenge.com/index.asp?szUser=&origin=)

Mr. Kotter
09-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Philadelphia

tk13
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I'd guess Philly or Seattle... but I'm awful at guessing the "widest margin" type stuff.

Demonpenz
09-10-2004, 11:34 PM
i bet the royals get pretty bad

Miles
09-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Id go with St. Louis over Arizona for the biggest margin. Second choice would be Houston.

I dont know about the Philly game. I dont think they are as good this year and the Giants are not as crappy as everyone says they are.

Cochise
09-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Could be Baltimore. I know their offense is nothing special, but their defense should hold the Browns down, and Lewis put 500 yards on Cleveland in two games last year.

sd4chiefs
09-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Chiefs over donks.

Miles
09-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Could be Baltimore. I know their offense is nothing special, but their defense should hold the Browns down, and Lewis put 500 yards on Cleveland in two games last year.

Not a bad call there. If your going to pick Baltimore to blow a team out any week this is it. Lee Suggs is hurt and who knows how Garcia will play in the first week with his new team.

Nzoner
09-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Well I entered 3 teams for $25 so I think I'll mix it up in each division.

Rams,Texans & Ravens as of right now

I'm still considering Philly,however,I was looking at using them week 7 when they visit Cleveland.

Thanks for the input.

RedandGold
09-11-2004, 09:22 AM
St. Louis over Arizona would be my first pick, followed by:

2. Minnesota over Dallas
3. Atlanta over San Francisco
4. Houston over San Diego

Good luck!

milkman
09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Everybody thinks Houston is on their way to being respectable, and that SD is going to suck.

I'm betting SD wins this game.

milkman
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM

I like this pick also.

KcMizzou
09-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Pick the one team this weekend that you feel
will win by the biggest point spread.

KU

Nzoner
09-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Ended up going with Rams,Eagles & Rams

At least I got positive points,that Ravens pick would have been a killer.

Nzoner
11-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm sitting in the 45th slot of 300 teams and have 3 games I'm looking at if anyone cares to give their .02 on which team they think will win by the most points.

G-Men over Bears

Panthers over Raiders

Colts over Vikes

TIA

4th and Long
11-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm sitting in the 45th slot of 300 teams and have 3 games I'm looking at if anyone cares to give their .02 on which team they think will win by the most points.

G-Men over Bears

Panthers over Raiders

Colts over Vikes

TIA
I like the first 2 picks but if it were me, I'd go with the Jets over the hapless Bills. But hey ... thats what makes horse races, eh Nzoner? :D

Nzoner
11-06-2004, 09:27 AM
I like the first 2 picks but if it were me, I'd go with the Jets over the hapless Bills. But hey ... thats what makes horse races, eh Nzoner? :D

and what built Vegas

4th and Long
11-06-2004, 09:29 AM
and what built Vegas
As the younger, hipper generation would say, "TRUE DAT!" :thumb:

ROYC75
11-06-2004, 09:38 AM

G-Men over Bears

Panthers over Raiders

Colts over Vikes

TIA

Me......... I would take the Giants over the Bears, but that's just , Me.

Thig Lyfe
11-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Us.

Otter
11-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Pittsburg is going to destroy the Eagles this weekend. When they do I"ll be taking the little lady out to a $200 dinner and a show next weekend sporting some new bling bling.

SoCalRaider
11-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Carolina over the Raiders wouldn't be a bad pick. It doesn't look like Charles Woodson will play, and if he doesn't a very suspect defense automatically becomes the worst defense in the NFL. The last time this defense held an opponent under 30 points was back in the beginning of September. NorvAl has also lost the team. Take out the one close loss to the Saints at home and the Raiders have been losing games by an average of 4 TDs.

On the flip side, you have Kerry Collins returning to Carolina. Tough to guess how he'll respond to that atmosphere.

Otter
11-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Pittsburg is going to destroy the Eagles this weekend. When they do I"ll be taking the little lady out to a $200 dinner and a show next weekend sporting some new bling bling.

Little bit of braggingl, barring a miricle, I'm $2000 richer!!! That's my big bet for the year unless the stars come together like they did on this one.

:Pimp:

Nzoner
11-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Little bit of braggingl, barring a miricle, I'm $2000 richer!!! That's my big bet for the year unless the stars come together like they did on this one.

:Pimp:

Congrats Otter,helluva call:thumb:

As for me,the Chiefs sucked,I got my ass kicked in fantasy football,the CP gambling thread,and the picks in this thread.

I'm now going to bet what I have left in the CP gambling thread and take my ass to bed,after a day like today I hope I wake up tomorrow.

Phobia
11-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Congrats Otter,helluva call:thumb:

As for me,the Chiefs sucked,I got my ass kicked in fantasy football,the CP gambling thread,and the picks in this thread.

I'm now going to bet what I have left in the CP gambling thread and take my ass to bed,after a day like today I hope I wake up tomorrow.

You can't possibly have had as bad a day as moi....

I lost in FFL, not just to anybody, but to a dead team. The guy starts Ricky Williams, Brad Johnson, and KC's D. My team put up over 90 pts last week. This week - not even 30. It's pretty embarrassing being the only 3-6 team in the nation with Priest Holmes on the roster. Not only that, but I went bust in the gambling thread.