PDA

View Full Version : Official KU is thrashing Toledo thread!

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Wow what a buttkicking KU with 42 first half points!!!!

Dave

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:22 PM
1st Downs
Total Yards
Passing
Rushing
2/13
Penalties
2/15
1-7
3rd Down Conversions
4-6
Turnovers
Passing
B Gradkowski 7/17 55 0 2

Passing
A Barmann 13/16 175 4 0
Rushing
Nick Kaczur 1 24 0
Q Broussard 4 16 0
B Gradkowski 4 5 0
S McDougle 1 1 0
T Dawson 5 -1 0

Rushing
J Randle 9 56 1
C Green 2 8 0
A Barmann 3 7 0
Receiving
K Higgins 3 25 0
C Holmes 1 18 0
S Odom 1 7 0
L Moore 1 4 0

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Hey!! That's my schtick. What was KU? A three point favorite?

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey!! That's my schtick. What was KU? A three point favorite?

Well if you are going to let KU down I had to step in. :) Kinda nice to do this 3/4 of the year! :thumb:

Dave

Lzen
09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
49-7 KU almost at the half. KU just drove 87 yards in 1:38 for the TD.

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Be cool to get 100!

Dave

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Is it possible the fat man has turned this program around?

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Glad KU can give the Big 12 north a win, it has been a long weekend.

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Glad KU can give the Big 12 north a win, it has been a long weekend.

Agreed I was starting to worry the Big 12 was really the little 12.

Dave

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:44 PM

The defense has been scary. I was at the game last week and they absolutely were frickking awesome!!

Dave

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 06:47 PM
KANSAS PASSING
CP ATT YDS TD INT
Adam Barmann 20 25 248 4 0

Lzen
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM

I've been telling everyone that. I didn't think they'd be as bad as a lot of people were expecting. The defense has been way better than I thought was even possible. MM is one Helluva recruiter. I think the JUCO transfers have really strengthened this team. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
09-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I've been telling everyone that. I didn't think they'd be as bad as a lot of people were expecting. The defense has been way better than I thought was even possible. MM is one Helluva recruiter. I think the JUCO transfers have really strengthened this team. :thumb:
And you doubted me when I said Kansas would dispatch Toledo easily :p

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 07:14 PM

We are ready to recruit you! Good attitude on your loss today very sportsman like giving Fresno their due.

Dave

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 07:20 PM
You also predicted an easy Wildcat win. I don't place much stock in your predictions.

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 07:39 PM
What's the score now?

KcMizzou
09-11-2004, 07:41 PM
56-14

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Yep KU just popped another one in there.

Dave

4th and Long
09-11-2004, 07:45 PM
You also predicted an easy Wildcat win. I don't place much stock in your predictions.
He also predicted Darren Sproles for the Heisman. Those 11 carries for 37 yards today should make him a lock. ROFL

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 07:50 PM
He also predicted Darren Sproles for the Heisman. Those 11 carries for 37 yards today should make him a lock. ROFL

Yeah KK said he couldn't believe Sproles wasn't in some reporters top 5 candidates for the Heisman. I'd say top 20 might be a stretch after today.

Dave

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Hahahahahahaha. SBG is an idiot. But he is only 23 years old.(just barely) He's got a lot to learn.

Saulbadguy
09-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Haha..y'all just wait :D

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 07:52 PM
KU just turned the ball over on downs on about the 40. Toledo seems to be moving the ball a little better and slowing KU down a bit. I hope they get Barmann out of there.

Dave

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 08:15 PM
KU with 63

Dave

Dave Lane
09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Its over KU 63 - 14 WOW what a thumping I'd love to see this in Denver tomorrow!

Dave

Skip Towne
09-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Haha..y'all just wait :D
I've heard that shit before. About 1000 times young'un. They don't award Heismans to midgets. Ask Eric Bienemy or Quentin Griffin. Besides that, the Manhattan midget can't catch the ball. Why did he only get 12 carries today? He wasn't injured, he was in late on special teams.

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Toledo is awful. This is their second game of the year, and their second game in which they've given up 60+ points.

The MAC is 0-fer in OOC games against I-A teams.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 07:21 AM
I've heard that shit before. About 1000 times young'un. They don't award Heismans to midgets. Ask Eric Bienemy or Quentin Griffin. Besides that, the Manhattan midget can't catch the ball. Why did he only get 12 carries today? He wasn't injured, he was in late on special teams.
Cause we were getting our asses kicked, and we didn't have time to run the ball like we should have. As for awarding heismans to midgets, Barry Sanders has one in his trophy case.

Anymore though, the Heisman seems to be reserved for QB's. Carson Palmer won one with a crap performance in Manhattan. In 98, Ricky Williams was held to 30 some yards in Manhattan, and he won a Heisman later on. Its still anyones game, although Leinart looks like the favorite.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Toledo is awful. This is their second game of the year, and their second game in which they've given up 60+ points.

The MAC is 0-fer in OOC games against I-A teams.
I was pulling for Marshall in the upset...damn it was close.

Lzen
09-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Yep, Sproles had a terrible day. But I would say that's because Fresno had no respect for the KSU QBs. And who can blame them? Kinda hard for one guy to do it alone. From the little bit I saw of the game, it looked like KSU just didn't come out and play with any intensity. Kind of unusual for a Bill Snyder team. I'm sure they'll bounce back but, they had better find a QB soon. :p

As for Toledo, I'd say that it's obvious that they were overrated. Unless, of course, they run off a string of victories from here on out.

FWIW, I think a lot of so called experts had Toledo ranked too high and KU ranked too low. We'll see how KU does the rest of the year but, I'd say they are looking very good so far.

One question I have for you all. Should KU be in the top 25 now? If not, what about if they beat Northwestern next week?

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Yep, Sproles had a terrible day. But I would say that's because Fresno had no respect for the KSU QBs. And who can blame them? Kinda hard for one guy to do it alone. From the little bit I saw of the game, it looked like KSU just didn't come out and play with any intensity. Kind of unusual for a Bill Snyder team. I'm sure they'll bounce back but, they had better find a QB soon. :p

As for Toledo, I'd say that it's obvious that they were overrated. Unless, of course, they run off a string of victories from here on out.

FWIW, I think a lot of so called experts had Toledo ranked too high and KU ranked too low. We'll see how KU does the rest of the year but, I'd say they are looking very good so far.

One question I have for you all. Should KU be in the top 25 now? If not, what about if they beat Northwestern next week?
They might get some Top 25 votes if they beat Northwestern. NWern isn't a pushover, and KU doesn't play very well on the road. If they beat NWern they play Texas Tech the next game, which I think they can win. 4-0 after beating TTU might get them in the Top 25, but then they travel to Nebraska, then they host KSU, and then they travel to OU...so lights out.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-12-2004, 08:34 AM

i'm as big of a Jayhawk homer as they come, but i'm not ready\ to be disappointed yet, lets just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. I'm not that impressed with the big 12 so anything can happen but there's always history to reflect on and history paints a murky picture for us.

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Cause we were getting our asses kicked, and we didn't have time to run the ball like we should have. As for awarding heismans to midgets, Barry Sanders has one in his trophy case.

Anymore though, the Heisman seems to be reserved for QB's. Carson Palmer won one with a crap performance in Manhattan. In 98, Ricky Williams was held to 30 some yards in Manhattan, and he won a Heisman later on. Its still anyones game, although Leinart looks like the favorite.
He's 5'5", he can't catch, he plays in Manhattan and he got thrown around like a rag doll vs Fresno. Add it up, the Heisman voters will.

Bearcat
09-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Come on Whitlock, why didn't you write about KU's offense this week? ;)

DJay23
09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
They might get some Top 25 votes if they beat Northwestern. NWern isn't a pushover, and KU doesn't play very well on the road. If they beat NWern they play Texas Tech the next game, which I think they can win. 4-0 after beating TTU might get them in the Top 25, but then they travel to Nebraska, then they host KSU, and then they travel to OU...so lights out.

After watching Nebraska piss their way around on offense and KSU get manhandled, I don't see why losing to either of them is such a great certainty. KU is playing with high confidence now and the D looks a lot stronger. They effectively shut down two decent mid majors, games we would have struggled to win at home in the past.

If they were to win at Northwestern and then beat the Red Raiders as you say, their confidence would be sky high. The KSU and Neb games actually look winnable now. I'm not chalking up any W's, hell we may still get beat at N'western, but KSU comes in, and Nebraska didn't look so scary at home. OU, I'll agree, we'll get beat no matter what. I'll stay positive that at this point we at least have a chance versus the Purple Kitties and Cornholers this year, which is a lot more than we've ever been able to say.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:23 PM
After watching Nebraska piss their way around on offense and KSU get manhandled, I don't see why losing to either of them is such a great certainty. KU is playing with high confidence now and the D looks a lot stronger. They effectively shut down two decent mid majors, games we would have struggled to win at home in the past.

If they were to win at Northwestern and then beat the Red Raiders as you say, their confidence would be sky high. The KSU and Neb games actually look winnable now. I'm not chalking up any W's, hell we may still get beat at N'western, but KSU comes in, and Nebraska didn't look so scary at home. OU, I'll agree, we'll get beat no matter what. I'll stay positive that at this point we at least have a chance versus the Purple Kitties and Cornholers this year, which is a lot more than we've ever been able to say.

KU fans told me they had a chance in 03 when we lost 3 in a row. They said they had a chance in 01 when we started off so bad. I've heard it time and time again..but KU hasn't been across the goal line for a few years now.

KSU and NU will be in tact by the time KU rolls around, IMO.

DJay23
09-12-2004, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=Saulbadguy] I've heard it time and time again..but KU hasn't been across the goal line for a few years now.
QUOTE]
Didn't realize they were counting scores from previous games this year.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Saulbadguy] I've heard it time and time again..but KU hasn't been across the goal line for a few years now.
QUOTE]
Didn't realize they were counting scores from previous games this year.
It just means KU has alot to prove until they beat KSU. Thats it and thats all.

DJay23
09-12-2004, 04:54 PM
It just means KU has alot to prove until they beat KSU. Thats it and thats all.
I haven't claimed any more than this. Mangino is turning things around.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I haven't claimed any more than this. Mangino is turning things around.
You're one of the few. Most of the KU fans are already claiming a victory over KSU, and some are even talking about a North title.

Actually, as of right now i'm worried about CU...

DJay23
09-12-2004, 04:59 PM
You're one of the few. Most of the KU fans are already claiming a victory over KSU, and some are even talking about a North title.

Actually, as of right now i'm worried about CU...
I'm a little more realistic than that. I just have a lot of hope that things are turning for Jayhawk football. If this isn't the year we get off the schinde versus KSU and Nebraska, then I have a feeling that Mangino will get the recruits to do it sooner rather than later. If he can have half the success that Snyder has had in his tenure in Manhattan, it'll all be gravy.