PDA

View Full Version : Has Kerry Gone Over The Deep End?....

mikey23545
09-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Presidential Elections - AP
AP
Kerry Hints GOP May Suppress Black Votes

26 minutes ago

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - John Kerry (news - web sites) suggested Saturday night that Republicans may try to keep black voters from casting their ballots to help President Bush (news - web sites) win in November.

"We are not going to stand by and allow another million African American votes to go uncounted in this election," the Democratic presidential nominee told the Congressional Black Caucus (news - web sites). "We are not going to stand by and allow acts of voter suppression, and we're hearing those things again in this election."

Kerry has a team of lawyers to examine possible voting problems to try to prevent a repeat of the 2000 election disputes. He also has said he has thousands of lawyers around the country prepared to monitor the polls on election day.

"What they did in Florida in 2000, some say they may be planning to do this year in battleground states all across this country," Kerry said. "Well, we are here to let them know that we will fight tooth and nail to make sure that this time, every vote is counted and every vote counts."

Bush-Cheney spokesman Steve Schmidt said the campaign would not respond to Kerry's "baseless, divisive attacks" until Sunday. "Today is a day of remembrance," he said.

Can there be any more paranoid, delusional attacks from liberals for this election than we've already seen?....Bush has done everything from plan and carry out the 9-11 attacks to shredding black's ballots. It's hard to believe the Democratic Party has been entirely hijacked by the tin-foil hats, and even harder to believe that so many swallow it hook, line and sinker...

jAZ
09-12-2004, 03:51 AM
Has Kerry Gone Over The Deep End?....
Uhhh, no... that would be the Republicans.

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm20777_20040721.htm
Democrats blast GOP lawmaker's 'suppress the Detroit vote' remark

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Democrats on Wednesday denounced a Republican lawmaker quoted in a newspaper as saying the GOP would fare poorly in this year's elections if it failed to "suppress the Detroit vote."

State Rep. John Pappageorge, R-Troy, acknowledged using "a bad choice of words" but said his remark shouldn't be construed as racist.

Pappageorge, 73, was quoted in July 16 editions of the Detroit Free Press as saying, "If we do not suppress the (83% black) Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election."

"I'm extremely disappointed in my colleague," state Sen. Buzz Thomas, D-Detroit, told reporters Wednesday during a conference call. "That's quite clearly code that they don't want black people to vote in this election."

Blacks comprise 83 percent of Detroit's population, and the city routinely gives Democratic candidates a substantial majority of its votes.

Pappageorge's remark reflected the GOP's failure to send black voters a persuasive message, said Rep. Alexander Lipsey, D-Kalamazoo.

"This is the endgame strategy the Republican Party has decided to utilize, rather than positive strategies," he said. "They are strategizing, "How can we get those folks we don't care about from going to the polls?"'

Pappageorge said he had not read the remark attributed to him but did not deny making it.

"In the context that we were talking about, I said we've got to get the vote up in Oakland (County) and the vote down in Detroit. You get it down with a good message. I don't know how we got them from there to "racist,"' Pappageorge said. "If I have given offense in any way to my colleagues in Detroit or anywhere, I apologize."

jAZ
09-12-2004, 03:58 AM
It's hard to believe the Democratic Party has been entirely hijacked by the tin-foil hats, and even harder to believe that so many swallow it hook, line and sinker...
Don't ya just hate it when something you mock as "tin-foil-hat" conspiracy turns out to be a fact of life in the Republican party?

This isn't the first time something dismissed at TFH is fact... it's won't be the last.

Don't hurt yourself rushing to discredit Kerry... there is no room in triage I hear.

;)

mikey23545
09-12-2004, 04:00 AM
So do you have any "proof" of how the GOP suppresses the black vote besides this one rambling quote from some old man?

jAZ
09-12-2004, 04:02 AM
So do you have any "proof" of how the GOP suppresses the black vote besides this one rambling quote from some old man?
Damn it, your proof isn't enough! I want proof that you can't provide so easily!
:shake:

mikey23545
09-12-2004, 04:06 AM
You know you are exactly what I'm talking about, don't you?....You are actually falling for this crap and believe every word of it.....I live in Florida and this is just like any other state when it comes to casting a vote...You walk into the polling place, there's a bunch of old retiree volunteers to check your registration and point you to the booth...That's it.. No hooded men chasing blacks away, no sinister mafia types lurking in the background, just a friggin' place to go cast your vote...OPEN YOUR EYES AND JUST LOOK AROUND YOURSELF, freak....There is no big conspiracy, no underground agenda, just dems to stupid to know how to cast a ballot....

mikey23545
09-12-2004, 04:11 AM
:shake:

You are kidding me, right?...That was proof?....

You know, what is scary is that you are pretty much the poster child for Democratic supporters nowadays, and you are very close to being insane...And I don't mean that in a joking sense. I really do think you are very close to the edge.
Seriously, do you take, or are you supposed to take any kind of medication?

Taco John
09-12-2004, 05:08 AM
You are kidding me, right?...That was proof?....

You know, what is scary is that you are pretty much the poster child for Democratic supporters nowadays, and you are very close to being insane...And I don't mean that in a joking sense. I really do think you are very close to the edge.
Seriously, do you take, or are you supposed to take any kind of medication?

Try this:

"Wow. I can't believe anyone would say something so stupid as they need to suppress the vote like that. Given that guy's direct quote, I can understand why there is some doubt. That being said, I'm not voting for Kerry, so him pointing it out isn't good for my side. Rather than acknowledge the doubt created by such stupidity as that quote, I'll ignore the craziness on my side and attack Kerry.

headsnap
09-12-2004, 06:18 AM
DEVASTATING!!!

Cochise
09-12-2004, 06:33 AM
sKerry looking more desperate every day...

I have been saying here for months that if/when sKerry loses there will be wholesale lawsuits, allegations of corruption, etc.

Much like with the agenda they promote, if the people don't speak in their favor they'll take to the courts to thrust it upon us.

BigOlChiefsfan
09-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Careful what you wish for. When Goldwater lost in a landslide it forced the Republican party to take a hard look at their platform and reform. And they've been kicking boo-tay ever since.

A healthy centrist Democratic party, divorced from the radical lefty embrace and once again responsive to the majority of voters instead of the 'elitists' would present the Republicans some serious competition. I mean jeez, if they'd tried to run a serious candidate this time instead of an arrogant, Taxachussets liberal 'Anybody But Bu$hitler!' candidate, it might have been a real horserace.

Frankly, a shake up in the Democratic party can't happen too soon to suit me. If we're going to have a two party system, I want it to be two healthy parties, courting the middle class/middle of the road voters (how soon they forgot Clinton's "Third way"). I'd like to see the far right and far left once again banished to the city park, bashing each other with their 'you're a fascist!' protest signs, just like the olden days. Give the 'normal' people of this country a reasonable choice and let us all get back to business/winning TWOT.

headsnap
09-12-2004, 06:56 AM
"HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!!!!!!!" Al Gore

Cochise
09-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Careful what you wish for. When Goldwater lost in a landslide it forced the Republican party to take a hard look at their platform and reform. And they've been kicking boo-tay ever since.

A healthy centrist Democratic party, divorced from the radical lefty embrace and once again responsive to the majority of voters instead of the 'elitists' would present the Republicans some serious competition. I mean jeez, if they'd tried to run a serious candidate this time instead of an arrogant, Taxachussets liberal 'Anybody But Bu$hitler!' candidate, it might have been a real horserace.

I dont necessarily think that would be a bad thing. If the Democratic party could divorce themselves from Clinton's supposed legacy and divorce themselves from the extreme elements that have hijacked the party in recent years, they could become more effective again and really press the Republican party for votes.

Competition is a good thing. If they were hammered in this fall's elections, regrouped, came up with some new leadership, etc., and then came back in 2 years with a new, more moderate message that wouldn't be so bad. What if they returned making fiscal responsibility a new priority, or if they just wanted to present an alternative to domestic policy while being committed to standing strong against terror and those who would harm us?

See what I mean? I think that the best thing for the country would be for sKerry to get hammered by 10 points, the Dems to lose seats in both houses, and they have to re-evaluate their message. Dump the old-guard career politicians like Kennedy, sKerry, etc. Bring in some people with legitimate alternative ideas that aren't going to sacrifice national security or tax us into oblivion.

I guess what I mean is, it would be nice if they came back toward the middle and presented a real choice. But I won't cry if they keep declining for a few more election cycles :p

stevieray
09-12-2004, 07:16 AM
As political as you guys are at your age, you will be unbearable in ten years. and both of you are married? uh huh.

And after watching 911 documentaries yesterday, it's very disheartening to watch your hate and contempt for our country, ready to tear it down everyday.

you 're either with us, or with the terrorists.

yoswif
09-12-2004, 07:24 AM
We know with absolute certainty that Kerry and the DNC are desperately trying to suppress black votes for Nader.

headsnap
09-12-2004, 07:31 AM
this is shocking news, a political party wants to suppress the opposition vote through message?

what's the purpose of the Kitty Kelly book and the three days on the3 Today show?

is it to win the swing voters?

the purpose of the allegations and accusations in her book is to suppress the Evangelical vote!

BTW, in the quote in the header, the '86% black' is added and an editorial by the writer. Are we to believe that all the blacks in Detroit vote Demo, and the Whites vote 'other'. IMHO suppressing the vote of your opposition through message is a part of the game in politics today. What else is the purpose of negative ads?

much a-doo-doo 'bout nothin'...

whoman69
09-12-2004, 09:23 AM
You know you are exactly what I'm talking about, don't you?....You are actually falling for this crap and believe every word of it.....I live in Florida and this is just like any other state when it comes to casting a vote...You walk into the polling place, there's a bunch of old retiree volunteers to check your registration and point you to the booth...That's it.. No hooded men chasing blacks away, no sinister mafia types lurking in the background, just a friggin' place to go cast your vote...OPEN YOUR EYES AND JUST LOOK AROUND YOURSELF, freak....There is no big conspiracy, no underground agenda, just dems to stupid to know how to cast a ballot....
You live in Florida and you've already forgotten how the list of convicts ineligible to vote was estimated to be only 15 % accurate, and that the list did not include latinos who in Florida the majority vote Republican?
You didn't get the message from Jeb Bush that was sent to Republicans to vote absentee in order to have a paper trail of their vote. Oh, and this message was sent just days after Bush declared the new voting systems would have no problems?

Phobia
09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Unbelievable. "Suppress the black voter", huh? WTF does that mean? Is the GOP gonna burn some crosses on election day, steal a bunch of ballot boxes, intercept the phone call with the final tally from Detroit, or organize a spectacular, $.49 buffet at Church's?

mikey23545
09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
You live in Florida and you've already forgotten how the list of convicts ineligible to vote was estimated to be only 15 % accurate, and that the list did not include latinos who in Florida the majority vote Republican?
You didn't get the message from Jeb Bush that was sent to Republicans to vote absentee in order to have a paper trail of their vote. Oh, and this message was sent just days after Bush declared the new voting systems would have no problems?

Undoubtedly you don't know that all of the mistakes were shown to be typical clerical types...Identical names, misfiled paperwork, etc...

You also don't know that since the felon list was considered suspect by some county election supervisors (all Dems), it was not adhered in 2000 and it is estimated that Gore received thousands of extra votes because of it, many more than he lost.....All from the Dems core constituency, convicted felons...

Valiant
09-12-2004, 03:17 PM
is kerry going to police both sides.... is he going to police st. louis democrats that were giving out gifts if you go vote..

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Unbelievable. "Suppress the black voter", huh? WTF does that mean? Is the GOP gonna burn some crosses on election day, steal a bunch of ballot boxes, intercept the phone call with the final tally from Detroit, or organize a spectacular, $.49 buffet at Church's?

Last I heard he was arguing about blacks not getting to vote because they didn't register by the deadline we all have to register by. I guess if your name isn't on the register you don't vote!!

Whose fault is that?

Is skerry also going to validate the 50,000+ registered voters that are registered in NY and FL? I thought it was against the law to be double registered and I know it is illegal to vote twice. Or is it OK if you are democrat?

Joe Seahawk
09-13-2004, 07:54 AM
"HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!!!!!!!" Al Gore

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/gorered.jpg

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 09:18 AM
You mean the system elected and provided by county officials in Democratically countrolled counties?

You guys are really getting tired with the disenfranchised BS. Your "team" makes the rules for your controlled counties, like the West Palm Beaches. Are you stating the democrat party is so stupid they cannot figure out the issues and make the voting and registration process simple to use?

I tell you what, close the polls on time and stop leaving them illegally open. Work to count the military vote instead of finding loopholes to block them, then we can talk about how stupid your party is not to have control of the voting issues in their own counties.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 09:28 AM
"We are not going to stand by and allow another million African American votes to go uncounted in this election," the Democratic presidential nominee told the Congressional Black Caucus (news - web sites). "We are not going to stand by and allow acts of voter suppression, and we're hearing those things again in this election."

Except for the military absentee voters. Right?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Just for the sake of argument, skerry started out over the edge!!!