PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from Joplin folks

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Anyone willing to invite me over to watch the Chiefs game tonight? I don't have cable so I don't get ESPN. At the very least could someone tape the game and mail it to me?

Phobia
09-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Good luck. Check your local listings, it might be on CBS. If you don't get an invite, head out to a sports bar. They must have something like that in Joplin, right? If not, try Applebees/Chilis/TGIF or a hotel lounge.

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 12:05 PM
You need Directv. I can get you a system for $10. And I'll come over and put it in free.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I know in KC area, an espn game they show the feed on ABC.

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Good luck. Check your local listings, it might be on CBS. If you don't get an invite, head out to a sports bar. They must have something like that in Joplin, right? If not, try Applebees/Chilis/TGIF or a hotel lounge.

Nope, its just on espn. I hate not having cable :cuss:

The hotel lounge isn't a bad idea. I may head over to the hotel I used to work at and chill in the lounge and kick out whoever is in there :thumb:

Marcellus
09-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Shady,

J-Town Billiards on 26th& Main in Joplin will have the game on it's giant screen and it will be packed with Chiefs fans. You don't have to be 21 either if that is an issue.

Matt Helm
09-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Anyone willing to invite me over to watch the Chiefs game tonight? I don't have cable so I don't get ESPN. At the very least could someone tape the game and mail it to me?

Should have gone to FT. Worth with the Senior Chief.

RedandGold
09-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Shady,

J-Town Billiards on 26th& Main in Joplin will have the game on it's giant screen and it will be packed with Chiefs fans. You don't have to be 21 either if that is an issue.

J-Town is definitely your best bet in Joplin, especially if you can go with a group of friends.

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 03:00 PM
J-Town is definitely your best bet in Joplin, especially if you can go with a group of friends.

Its just me, and possibly my pregnant wife who is a stinkin raider's fan :banghead:

I'll probably go to J-Town. I didn't know they had a big screen there.

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Should have gone to FT. Worth with the Senior Chief.

Yeah I should have gone. I need a vacation from work.

Ari Chi3fs
09-12-2004, 03:54 PM
SLim, its your fault for getting a Raider fan pregnant...

'member, we don' look kin'ly at mix breeding, roun' deez parts.

chief52
09-12-2004, 04:00 PM

Maybe there has been a Raider payrollee hanging around in the wood pile... :hmmm:

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 04:11 PM

'member, we don' look kin'ly at mix breeding, roun' deez parts.

Hell I figured I'd keep the family tradition alive for one more round. Dad is a huge Chiefs fan and Mom is a Raiders fan. We're having a girl around the end of October but I'm planning on breaking that whole female=raider's fan in the family. Gotta raise this one right :thumb:

Phobia
09-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Hell I figured I'd keep the family tradition alive for one more round. Dad is a huge Chiefs fan and Mom is a Raiders fan. We're having a girl around the end of October but I'm planning on breaking that whole female=raider's fan in the family. Gotta raise this one right :thumb:

Slow learner, eh?

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Slow learner, eh?

That poor little girl doesn't have much of a chance, damn; mom and grandma as Raider fans? Slim should be arrested for child abuse.... :shake:

:p

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
That poor little girl doesn't have much of a chance, damn; mom and grandma as Raider fans? Slim should be arrested for child abuse.... :shake:

:p

Well my Mom grew up 5 minutes from the Coliseum so thats her excuse for being a raider's fan. Who knows why the wife is and I don't wanna know either ROFL

If my little girl turns out to be a raider's fan then yes I will turn myself in for child abuse.

Phobia
09-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Well my Mom grew up 5 minutes from the Coliseum so thats her excuse for being a raider's fan. Who knows why the wife is and I don't wanna know either ROFL

You didn't investigate before putting jewelery on her hand? :banghead: Maybe she's GHB user.... FSU alum?

Nelson Muntz
09-12-2004, 05:19 PM
You didn't investigate before putting jewelery on her hand? :banghead: Maybe she's GHB user.... FSU alum?

Well hell she was perfect in almost every way except that she didn't like football, then a month before we get married my mom said something about the raider's and thats when i found out the bad news. Oh well, there's always hope for a conversion :thumb: