PDA

View Full Version : The good news - it's correctable. The bad news - it's GUNTHER.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Why the *%^& are we selling out to the blitz when we know they're going to use cutbacks and misdirection?

Why the %*$^ are we using LINEBACKERS to cover Rod Smith in the SLOT?!?!?!

Logical
09-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Lack of defensive talent cannot be overcome by Gunther.

The Bad Guy
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM

I bet you took satisfaction in the first half.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 09:45 PM

I'm sure he did. Being right is more important than a win.

As for overcoming lack of talent, I don't see it. Maybe our guys aren't talented, but generally you put a CORNERBACK on the slot receiver.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 09:50 PM

Yeah, he probably did.

As for us lacking talent, he's probably right. It's kinda hard to tell, though. Generally you cover the slot receiver with a CORNERBACK.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 09:51 PM

Yeah, he probably did.

As for us lacking talent, he's probably right. It's kinda hard to tell, though. Generally you cover the slot receiver with a CORNERBACK.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 09:52 PM

Yeah, he probably did.

That being said, it looks like Gunther figured some things out at halftime.

Let's go guys!

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 09:56 PM
And then he comes back with that. What the hell is Jerome Woods doing?

Bwana
09-12-2004, 09:59 PM

Truer words have never been spoken. :shake:

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. :shake:

So far, NONE of the breakdowns have been due to "lack of talent".

Gunther is scheming our safeties out of the play and covering slot WR's with LB's.

Lzen
09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
That 47 yard TD run by Griffin was a blitz on the outside by Woods. But I saw Dalton in the middle and Jared Allen on the outside. Not sure how many other backups were in but, I think we should only put in 1 at a time to rest the starters. Exactly what happened in preseason.

Lzen
09-12-2004, 10:26 PM
And how many damn times is Holliday gonna bite on that stupid bootleg? Sheesh, I'm sure they worked on that in practice.

Rain Man
09-12-2004, 11:26 PM
The problems can be fixed, and were disappointing to see over and over again. They were:

1. Not just sending a linebacker to kill the plumber's helper when he ran that bootleg time after time after time.

2. Constantly trying to cover the Broncos' best WR with a linebacker. I just didn't get that.

3. The long runs were either just good calls against a blitz, or plays where we had a guy out of position in the first half-second of the play.

It was bad, but it was still better than last year.

Frazod
09-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Both Dick and Gunther should have the word BOOTLEG branded backwards into their f#cking foreheads so that they see it in the mirror every day of their lives.

WHAT IS THE LEARNING CURVE TO FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT? YEARS? DECADES? CENTURIES?

F#CK!

:cuss:

BigChiefFan
09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah, he probably did.

I would say Bartee going out had alot to do with that decision, since Battle isn't close to being ready.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
sorry, we lack talent

Holliday is absolutely terrible....I bet most of the run yardage was too his side

Sims made some nice play..but also got pushed out of the way a lot

our LBs can't cover anyone out of the backfield

etc

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
notice how their LBs covered Gonzo and our WRS...it was perfect

Gunther was outcoached today

Iowanian
09-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Holliday's ass needs to be benched...........He's looked like shit since about the first 4 games last year.

The problem is who would replace him................I'll bet next week its #96 starting.........or Browning to the outside.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2004, 11:35 PM
How many times have we said, "the problems can be fixed." Well, no shit. But the real problem is that they AREN'T getting fixed.

I think we have some of the dumbest players in the league on defense. It's really getting tiresome. Our offense is going to waste because we don't have a head coach and a GM that doesn't know crap about how to put together a good defense.

Bwana
09-12-2004, 11:35 PM
So far, NONE of the breakdowns have been due to "lack of talent".

Gunther is scheming our safeties out of the play and covering slot WR's with LB's.

riiiiiiiight. :thumb: Bad Bad Gunther! :hmmm:

Chiefnj
09-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Holliday's ass needs to be benched...........He's looked like shit since about the first 4 games last year.

The problem is who would replace him................I'll bet next week its #96 starting.........or Browning to the outside.

It's tough to move Browning to the outside when they only kept 4 DTs on the roster. That's why I was surprised they cut Downing. Holliday is injured, yet again, so it looks like they might have to move Browning anyway and look for another DT.