We should've went for it on 4th and 1.

They can't stop us, and we punt it?

Thanks, Dick. Dumbass.

htismaqe
09-12-2004, 11:03 PM
As opposed to young and stupid.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:04 PM
how many times, over 3 years, does he have to witness our defense giving up before he goes for it on 4th and 1 with Priest Holmes and the best OL in the league?

Frazod
09-12-2004, 11:23 PM
how many times, over 3 years, does he have to witness our defense giving up before he goes for it on 4th and 1 with Priest Holmes and the best OL in the league?
Absolutely agreed. He simply CANNOT RECOGNIZE AND REACT to this team's glaring weaknesses. He's never been able to. I don't think he's capable of doing so. It kills us game after game after game.

Had we picked up that first down, and eaten up the clock running the ball, this game would probably have gone the other way.

Or it would have ended up exactly as it ended up. But at least we would have had a chance to win.

I personally won't miss this f#cker when he goes away. I've really seen enough.

BubbaZ
09-12-2004, 11:28 PM
I am really sick of watching this. We had forced two freaking punts all game but 'ol Dick thinks we will stop them with the game on the line. Guess what this is the same 11 guys that didn't force a punt in a home playoff game. THEY AREN'T GOING TO FORCE ONE AT DENVER IN THE 4th QUARTER.

chief52
09-12-2004, 11:29 PM
With the Chief O-line and Priest...they should go for 4th and 1 on a regular basis. Sure, it would not always work, but the percentage would be well above 75% IMO. Football is an agressive game. Take it to them, especially in tonigt's situation.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:29 PM
this D has sucked for 3 years and it is going to suck this year too

suds79
09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
I can't wait for KK on 810 to say tomorrow that you've got to coach against this D.

He's been saying it for about 2 years and DV just never learns.

You can't count on this D because most of the time, they'll let you down.

Logical
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Absolutely agreed. He simply CANNOT RECOGNIZE AND REACT to this team's glaring weaknesses. He's never been able to. I don't think he's capable of doing so. It kills us game after game after game.

Had we picked up that first down, and eaten up the clock running the ball, this game would probably have gone the other way.

Or it would have ended up exactly as it ended up. But at least we would have had a chance to win.

I personally won't miss this f#cker when he goes away. I've really seen enough.

Exactly. Our defense must not be trusted ever.

Evenrude
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Guys.... KC is still an elite team.

I feel very lucky coming out of there with a win. These were two very good teams going head to head tonight.... the season is far from over....

dirk digler
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
I can't wait for KK on 810 to say tomorrow that you've got to coach against this D.

He's been saying it for about 2 years and DV just never learns.

You can't count on this D because most of the time, they'll let you down.

Who listens to KK? Anyway I agree with you we should have went for it. DV always goes the safe route.

Stinger
09-12-2004, 11:40 PM

I feel very lucky coming out of there with a win. These were two very good teams going head to head tonight.... the season is far from over....

Can't believe that I am giving rep to a donks fan for making what will probably be the most logical post of the night. Rep to I agree very much so. Great game you guys your D outplayed our O. I am looking forward to the remach at our house. And yes I do think that game will be for the divisional lead.

1 game does not a season make (Well that is unless you a member of a football bulletin Board.) If we win next week then most of the stuff posted today will have fallen by the wayside.

Straight, No Chaser
09-12-2004, 11:55 PM

Thanks, Dick. Dumbass.

C'mon man. Anybody can make that call after the game!
You must have bought in to all the hype about this defense. Dude..., a guy named "Monty" is the MLB.

The offense could not keep up with Denver in the 4th quarter --that's why KC lost -- we only scored 24 points! and, we have Trent taking 25 yd. sacks and throwing to a reciever who is 5'8" tall. We were lucky to stay with them for 3 quarters.

---->

beer bacon
09-12-2004, 11:59 PM

Here is the reason I am so upset right now. We did two things in this game. We were +2 in turnovers and Priest had 150+ yards and three TDs. Despite these things, our defense is so horrible that we still lost by 10 points. I just can't get over that.

You must have bought in to all the hype about this defense. Dude..., a guy named "Monty" is the MLB.

The offense could not keep up with Denver in the 4th quarter --that's why KC lost -- we only scored 24 points! and, we have Trent taking 25 yd. sacks and throwing to a reciever who is 5'8" tall. We were lucky to stay with them for 3 quarters.

---->

Just so you know. I was surprised when our punting team went out there. I was for sure we would go for it with how horrible our D had been. When we punted and didn't force a three and out I was pretty sure we were not going to be able to stop them and that we would lose.

the Talking Can
09-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Here is the reason I am so upset right now. We did two things in this game. We were +2 in turnovers and Priest had 150+ yards and three TDs. Despite these things, our defense is so horrible that we still lost by 10 points. I just can't get over that.

and you shouldn't....it makes clear exactly how bad our D was...if Griffeth doesn't fumble in the endzone this is a total blow out

Evenrude
09-13-2004, 12:14 AM
and you shouldn't....it makes clear exactly how bad our D was...

See you still give no credit to the Bronco's offense. I think the chiefs D is much improved.... Shanahan used alot of smoke and mirror shiat, but Q is not slouch... it will very interesting when the two teams meet in Arrowhead.....

BigRedChief
09-13-2004, 12:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Go for it. We have Holmes in the backfield. I trust him to get a yard more than I trust the defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Very true, one thing we must remember...

The Pats lost to the Bills on opening day 31-0. And what happened to them? That Pats went on to win the SB, and the Bills went on to suck.

I still think we win our division. By fault, though (fault being Jake Plummer is useless and will kill the Denver Cardinals chances at the division, also, lets face it...not every team the Cardinals will be facing has the crap at defense that we do and Griffen will look like the 3 ft. tall midget he is once he faces real defenses).

Frazod
09-13-2004, 12:19 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Go for it. We have Holmes in the backfield. I trust him to get a yard more than I trust the defense.

This is the same shit we've been going through as long as Dick has been here, starting with that damn New England game where Dick went for the tie instead of the win, only to see the detards shredded in OT in the inevitable loss.

He just doesn't get it. Why doesn't he get it? :shake:

Pants
09-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Holy shit, people talking shit on the mighty Dicky V??? Wow, out of all the people... comon, Dick was the best thing happening to KC since FOREVER. Did we or did we not go 13-3 last season? I hate when people praise Vermiel when we are winning and than crucify him on one call when we lose. That's the retarded media's and the bandwagoneers' job.

I still love Dicky V even though I was yelling at the TV saying we should go for it...

Our defense will get better
Trent won't be lost the next game
We will be winning once again.

And how come you guys can't give credit to the Donks? They beat us. Give them credit. Move on. Case closed.

Evenrude
09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Very true, one thing we must remember...

The Pats lost to the Bills on opening day 31-0. And what happened to them? That Pats went on to win the SB, and the Bills went on to suck.

I still think we win our division. By fault, though (fault being Jake Plummer is useless and will kill the Denver Cardinals chances at the division, also, lets face it...not every team the Cardinals will be facing has the crap at defense that we do and Griffen will look like the 3 ft. tall midget he is once he faces real defenses).

Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better Ed.... you still look like an ass after all the anti-Bronco stuff you posted this past week. I'm happy with Griffin myself.... I think he will be something special in this league. As for Plummer, well he needs to learn to not beat himself and we will do just fine....

tk13
09-13-2004, 12:47 AM
If we were down by 7 points, I totally agree. Any score by Denver puts the game out of reach.

We were down by three. At that point in the game, we were either going to stop Denver's offense... or we weren't going to stop Denver's offense, regardless if we scored 3 points or 7 points. That's a pessimistic view I guess, I don't know... but if we weren't going to stop them when we actually punted to put them in poor field position back near the 10, we weren't going to stop them when they returned the kickoff after a score out to the 35...

SNR
09-13-2004, 12:48 AM

---->Well, part of the reason we couldn't keep up in the 4th was because we didn't have the ****ing ball :banghead:

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 12:49 AM
I haven't see the stats, but I think Denver punted once. It's 4th and 1 and we're across mid field in the 4th qtr down 3.............

FN GO FOR IT!

Sorry, but this teams best defense is their offense. And no, enenrude, our defense is not much improved. We just don't drop our DE's into coverage like we did last year.........

Rain Man
09-13-2004, 12:52 AM

Agreed. In Priest we trust.

OldTownChief
09-13-2004, 12:53 AM
As soon as the MORON sent out the punting unit I turned off the fugging TV. At that point I couldnt believe he was even thinling about punting. Dumbest move I've seen him make since he's been here.

OldTownChief
09-13-2004, 12:56 AM
If we were down by 7 points, I totally agree. Any score by Denver puts the game out of reach.

We were down by three. At that point in the game, we were either going to stop Denver's offense... or we weren't going to stop Denver's offense, regardless if we scored 3 points or 7 points. That's a pessimistic view I guess, I don't know... but if we weren't going to stop them when we actually punted to put them in poor field position back near the 10, we weren't going to stop them when they returned the kickoff after a score out to the 35...

If I remember right there wasnt much over 5 mins to play. He should have went for the lead, no question.

tommykat
09-13-2004, 01:31 AM

Thanks, Dick. Dumbass.

I agree.............But Cody.........STFU and sit down!

tk13
09-13-2004, 01:33 AM
If I remember right there wasnt much over 5 mins to play. He should have went for the lead, no question.
So what if we went for it and scored? They would've just come right back and torched us for a last second win. If we can't pin them back at their own 10 and hold them to a FG or less, we sure as heck weren't going to give them the ball at the 35 after a kickoff and have a fighting chance...

If our defense cannot help us and get a stop in a situation where we are down by 3 and the opponent is 90 yards away from a TD, we are not going to win any playoff games or Super Bowls, so I'm really not heartbroken over it.

Frazod
09-13-2004, 01:35 AM
As soon as the MORON sent out the punting unit I turned off the fugging TV. At that point I couldnt believe he was even thinling about punting. Dumbest move I've seen him make since he's been here.

I guess you missed that New England game, eh?

And the playoff game against Indy last year.

THIS IS NOTHING NEW. Dick doesn't understand that if the game is on the line against a quality opponent, and he puts the game into the hands of our defense, WE LOSE.

Seriously, it's that simple.

OldTownChief
09-13-2004, 01:41 AM
So what if we went for it and scored? They would've just come right back and torched us for a last second win. If we can't pin them back at their own 10 and hold them to a FG or less, we sure as heck weren't going to give them the ball at the 35 after a kickoff and have a fighting chance...

If our defense cannot help us and get a stop in a situation where we are down by 3 and the opponent is 90 yards away from a TD, we are not going to win any playoff games or Super Bowls, so I'm really not heartbroken over it.

That is a good point, I went back and checked and there was still around 9 mins to play, so it may not have made any differance. Had we went for it and scored we wouldnt have stopped them anyway.

TEX
09-13-2004, 01:47 AM
I guess you missed that New England game, eh?

And the playoff game against Indy last year.

THIS IS NOTHING NEW. Dick doesn't understand that if the game is on the line against a quality opponent, and he puts the game into the hands of our defense, WE LOSE.

Seriously, it's that simple.

It was just Dick's way of showing that he had confidence in the _efense this year. Now if he makes the SAME mistake again this season, I'll be pissed. :banghead:

FWIW, I was SCREAMING to go for it since Priest was unstoppable all night. ... :hmmm:

Frazod
09-13-2004, 01:48 AM
It was just Dick's way of showing that he had confidence in the _efense this year. Now if he makes the SAME mistake again this season, I'll be pissed. :banghead:

FWIW, I was SCREAMING to go for it since Priest was unstoppable all night. ... :hmmm:

It was a no-brainer. Vermeil=no brain

tk13
09-13-2004, 01:51 AM
That is a good point, I went back and checked and there was still around 9 mins to play, so it may not have made any differance. Had we went for it and scored we wouldnt have stopped them anyway.
I mean, you never know how things are going to play out... you may be absolutely right, maybe we would've won the game if we went for it. I don't know. I'm just sick of arcade football... we aren't going to get far by having to work in these situations every week.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 06:08 AM

Yep.

Of course, reality is lost on some people.

BigRedChief
09-13-2004, 07:53 AM
It was a no-brainer. Vermeil=no brain
I love DV and I'm glad he's the coach of my football team. But his loyalty gets in the way of clear decision making some time. It's okay to use the media to pump up a players ego or to show the player you are behind him (eg Sims) but to repeatly show your defense that you have confidence in them for no reason is unreasonable and the famous loyalty getting in the way.

You should be dancing with the one who brought you here. Priest.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Yep.

Of course, reality is lost on some people.

:rolleyes:

That's too easy of a comment. Look, we needed a score, and bad. If we are punting and they are putting up 7 points (like they did), we're through (and we were). You have to keep putting the pressure on, especially in Denver. Jake proved that he could be their worst enemy at times, but you won't see that when they can just ball control.

I know there are two very good sides to this argument, but it was clear to me that passing on that opportunity (at that time) was killing any momentum we could have built.

J Diddy
09-13-2004, 08:43 AM

That's too easy of a comment. Look, we needed a score, and bad. If we are punting and they are putting up 7 points (like they did), we're through (and we were). You have to keep putting the pressure on, especially in Denver. Jake proved that he could be their worst enemy at times, but you won't see that when they can just ball control.

I know there are two very good sides to this argument, but it was clear to me that passing on that opportunity (at that time) was killing any momentum we could have built.

If the momentum was that great then it wouldn't have been 4th down.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 08:48 AM
If the momentum was that great then it wouldn't have been 4th down.

Tell me you are kidding, please.

4th down has nothing to do with it (momentum). We were driving. It's the 4th quarter. Your down by 3 with 9 minutes left. Your Defense is giving up more long runs than a Joe Namath pantyhose. Your offense is the defense. You go for it on 4th when you have a guy like Priest Holmes. Period.

BigRedChief
09-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Defense is giving up more long runs than a Joe Namath pantyhose. Your offense is the defense. You go for it on 4th when you have a guy like Priest Holmes. Period.

What he said...let's get a petition going all sign it and have it delivered to DV.......ahhh fuk I'm grasping at straws here....Jeeezzz I love DV but dang give the ball to Priest. In Priest we Trust should be our slogan this year. Now thats an idea for a new thread...:harumph:

siberian khatru
09-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Your offense is the defense.

Exactly.

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Tell me you are kidding, please.

4th down has nothing to do with it (momentum). We were driving. It's the 4th quarter. Your down by 3 with 9 minutes left. Your Defense is giving up more long runs than a Joe Namath pantyhose. Your offense is the defense. You go for it on 4th when you have a guy like Priest Holmes. Period.

Yep.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 10:07 AM

All I'm saying is this:

With the way our defense was playing, that 4th down play simply did not matter.

If we had gone for it and scored a TD, we end up losing by 3 instead of 10. We weren't stopping anybody.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 10:11 AM
All I'm saying is this:

With the way our defense was playing, that 4th down play simply did not matter.

If we had gone for it and scored a TD, we end up losing by 3 instead of 10. We weren't stopping anybody.

Precisely, but you have to keep scoring to give yourself a chance. We were moving the ball. Deciding to punt in that sitution was our death sentence. It's easy for me to say that now, I understand. However, this D is what it is, and our offense, like it or not, has to make up for it's deficiencies. That means, that you go for it on 4th down, 4th quarter, on the road, and down by 3.