PDA

View Full Version : Good Game

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Good game this week guys. SNF couldn't have picked a better matchup. This game really had me sweating even though I called for it two seasons ago. I have respect for your Offense and thought your defense played with an attitude it hasn't had in a while. They were just a little more physical than I remember. Have a good week.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2004, 11:23 PM
The defense still is dumb as hell, how can you bite on the bootleg 20 times???

That is what pisses me off more then the loss tonight.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
you guys are better than I imagined....our WRs, though they suck, were never open

I still think Plummber is one dimensional, but Shanahan knows how to exploit that one dimension....frankly I thought our D sucked like always and forever amen

Ari Chi3fs
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
yeah, I will have naked bootleg nightmares...

HolmeZz
09-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Good game as well, Garcia.

I think we both exposed each other's weaknesses. We shot ourselves in the foot way too often on defense though, and you guys managed to capitalize, especially on the great field position you had early in the game. Your first 3 possessions started at like midfield. It's hard to win games like that. I don't doubt that we'll get our revenge in Arrowhead later on in the season, but it does suck to lose a game that we fought so hard to try and win. Never a good feeling.

Nice way to open the season though.

Don't expect to hold onto this one game lead. :p

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
It's going to take some time for your defense to perform IMO..but as long as they fight the whole season they'll come together. But the attitude they're playing with is the same type from before. You just don't have the Hasty, Carter, Smith, and Thomas players you had before, You MLB made one heck of an INT on a laser beam and your line was getting pressure at times...that's the reason for the second int tonight. Plus I though Morton played heads up ball tonight.a play or two he had to play DB. Plus he made some great catches. Hall finally got hit tonight like I've never seen him hit. That was tough. I could see the loss of Tait's chemistry...and I've never seen Knorr have kick-offs like that.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Morton did a pretty good job esp since he hasn't played at all, made a few good catches, that was a nice suprise atleast. Still very upset and frustrated with this defense and how stupid they looked at times.

Rain Man
09-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Truthfully, I can't complain that this loss was a fluke. If the Chiefs would've just paid attention and killed the plumber's helper on those rollouts, they would've won. Since they didn't, they didn't deserve to win tonight.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
It was the play-action. Plummer ran it well tonight

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 01:31 AM
Denver dominated the WHOLE game, suck it up boys. There's still a long season to go, defense better get 300 times better, because they still BLOW

mightyphoenix1
09-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Denver dominated the WHOLE game, suck it up boys. There's still a long season to go, defense better get 300 times better, because they still BLOW

Very true,and whats worse is that eddie kennison basicaly said they came out flat in a post game interview on Metro Sports.

beer bacon
09-13-2004, 02:15 AM

Could you confine your rampant bitching to one thread?

TEX
09-13-2004, 02:19 AM

Except they had as hard of a time stopping Priest as we did stopping "Q". To be fair, I believe they made that choice in that they made our offense one dimentional. They blanketed Gonzo cause they knew they could easily cover our WR's and they were going to make Priest beat them - to his credit, he almost did...

Ugly Duck
09-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Something I noticed about tonight's game.... the Denver run-blocking scheme looked different. In the old scheme, the linemen would often dive to the ground and roll into the defender's ankles. They didn't do that much at all in this game - it looked like regular football blocking instead of ankle-diving.