PDA

View Full Version : Keenan's agent just boosted his asking price another 4 million.

Chiefnj
09-12-2004, 11:29 PM
:banghead:

jcroft
09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Which only proves to make even less desirable than he already was.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2004, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't mind going after McCardell, but he said he was willing to play for less just to get out of Tampa Bay.

Chiefnj
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Which only proves to make even less desirable than he already was.

I'm glad you enjoyed the lack of separation tonight.

TRR
09-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Keenan McCardell said in his interview today..CBS maybe...that he would take less money to play for KC or the Ravens. He said he wants to play for a Coach he knows he'll enjoy playing under, etc...

jcroft
09-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the lack of separation tonight.

I said it all last week and I stand by it: Keenan is a good, not great receiver. I'd take him for a reasonable price (which isn't what he wants). However, he wouldn't be able to help us for weeks. By that time, we could be buried in the basement, or Morton could be back in full stride and playing just as well as K-Mac would. What's the point?

Logical
Wow McCardell can play right tackle so we will have some pass blocking?

Amazing.

1adam1238
We must go after him!!!!! It doesn't take a rocket sceintist to figure this out...we suck at receiver and on defense......we must pay out...but I am convinced that Carl and Lamar aren't willing to payout to gain the needed things........The defense looked the same old shit......do we even know what a punter is? from a defense stand point.......If we want to win a superbowl...we have to win in Denver....Period!!!!!

Sure-Oz
09-13-2004, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't mind him if we can get him for a cheap draft pick and not much money, Morton did considering not playign but most the time no one could get open to help Trent, we need a legit threat out there to help Tony G out as well.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Keenan McCardell said in his interview today..CBS maybe...that he would take less money to play for KC or the Ravens. He said he wants to play for a Coach he knows he'll enjoy playing under, etc...

You may want to your adopted Chief back to the Chiefs adoption center.

VonneMarie
09-13-2004, 12:13 AM
CP what are you waiting for???

jcroft
09-13-2004, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't mind him if we can get him for a cheap draft pick and not much money, Morton did considering not playign but most the time no one could get open to help Trent, we need a legit threat out there to help Tony G out as well.

Is K-Mac really a "legit threat?" He's not much better than Morton. He's give us more overall depth and talent at WR, but he wouldn't give us a real threat that the opponent has to double-team or otherwise account for.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2004, 12:17 AM
If I remember right Morton didn't have 84 catches for 1174 yards and 8 td's last year. I think he could help us.

elvomito
09-13-2004, 12:17 AM
we need defensive help. as far as receiver, richard smith needs to play a little bit, don't you think? he's outplayed every other receiver in preseason and certainly couldn't do worse than the starters tonight even if he tried, although kennison had a nice respectable game. we need a track star

jcroft
09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
He would help us, to some degree. but, he'd take a few weeks to get acclimated into the offense and his overall impact would not be huge. Improvement? Yeah, a bit. Is it worth it? I don't really think so -- but if the price is cheap, maybe so.

the Talking Can
I'll give McKardell what ever he wants plus Vonnie Hollidays pickled testicles....we don't have a WR that can get open

jcroft
Do you really think K-Mac would have gotten open tonight?

BigChiefFan
09-13-2004, 12:20 AM
If I remember right Morton didn't have 84 catches for 1174 yards and 8 td's last year. I think he could help us.
Agreed. I'd go after McCardell or at the very least get Richard Smith more involved. Our offense looked weak in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters and we need some playmakers.

the Talking Can
09-13-2004, 12:21 AM
yes....

tk13
09-13-2004, 12:22 AM
I knew before logging on the board, that I'd see this thread. I think Keenan would obviously give us more talent, but I don't think he would've helped us whatsoever tonight. They'd just put Champ on him and lock him down and go on covering everyone just like they did tonight. Now if you add a McCardell and a Kris Wilson, maybe things are different, but I don't think any one extra weapon would've helped us tonight, save possibly Kris Wilson, and that may be a stretch...

jcroft
09-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Alright. Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see MacCardell as that much better than the guys we have. If the price is very ow, I'm for going after him. But I don't want to see Carl trading away high draft picks for a guy marginally better than those we have who probably wouldn't be able to play seriously for a few weeks, anyway.

bringbackmarty
09-13-2004, 12:24 AM
man we need some fukkinnseparation soon. and a mlb.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 05:59 AM
McCardell is now saying that he'd take less money to play elsewhere (he's mentioned KC and Baltimore BY NAME).

We should do this deal yesterday.

Also, let's not forget that we can now pick up free agents without being on the hook for their entire year's salary.

the Talking Can
09-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Also, let's not forget that we can now pick up free agents without being on the hook for their entire year's salary.

he should have a locker right now....

BigRedChief
09-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Dammit Carl! :cuss: You got 6 mil to spend give it to him. Make it happen.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Dammit Carl! :cuss: You got 6 mil to spend give it to him. Make it happen.

I agree.

Brock
09-13-2004, 08:16 AM
It makes too much sense to happen.

Bwana
09-13-2004, 08:20 AM
I would love to see it happen, but would be surprised to see the Chiefs go after him or anyone else. Old Dick has stated time and time again that "we can win with the players we have." With that attitude, don't look for Keenan in red this year.

jspchief
09-13-2004, 08:27 AM

If not, he would have taken some of the pressure off of Gonzo.

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 09:14 AM
I really wasn't much on bringing McCardell in but after watching our WRs last night, I'm DEFINATELY open to the idea now.

Big Chief Homer
09-13-2004, 09:20 AM
look guys i am as annoyed by the lack of seperation last night as most of you are,but we have to be realistic.

DV is not going to bring in a 34 yr old high priced player to play 3rd receiver.i say 3rd because he is NOT going to put someone ahead of the guys we have now.like it or not.It would first of all upset the so called team chemistry and start a cancer in the locker room.you know who ever gets busted down is gonna be pissed off and start bitchin'.

second morton and kennison missed almost all of training camp.IMO they played fairly well for missing almost all of camp.not well enough but ok.If you recall it wasnt our players going down with cramps all night in thier own stadium.give it some time.

I dont think our recievers were as much of a problem last night as Trent was.He was off last night.way off.if he hits kennison in stride.....TD.
doesnt take a HUGE sack.....who knows.throws the ball away instead of tossing it to bailey...????
alot of his throws were off.was it nerves???was he hurt???or was it lack of protection???

Ill wait until next week to start calling for their heads.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Mark Collins and Dave Stewart are talking right now about how the Chiefs have a bunch of number two and three receivers, and no number one guy. This has sort of been my point, although I haven't managed to say it so sucinttly. MacCardell does not really help. He doesn't give us a number one receiver. Just another number two guy. He'd give us more depth, but i'm not sure he'd give us more seperation.

Of course, there's not a number one guy sitting out there for us to pick up. There are two guys on our team that have the speed to get seperation -- Dante and Smith. Now, I'm not saying they WOULD get seperation. But they've got as good a chance as anyone we could pick up right now, including MacCardell.

As I said, before, if he's very cheap, I"ll take him. But I wouldn't expect a huge improvment in our seperation just by adding a K-Mac.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
HA HA! Body parts in wood chippers.

Saggysack
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Initially I was not for signing McCardell one bit. After last night, he is definately worth a looksee.

Sure he isn't a #1 WR but, that doesn't mean putting in a call to TB as an exploratory call wouldn't hurt.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 09:50 AM
I agree that he's worth checking out. But what exactly are you all expecting from him? If you're expecting him to solve all our WR problems, you're nuts. He's just not that kind of receiver. He wouldn't be a number one receiver and a single team in the NFL (except MAYBE this one).

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 09:59 AM
DV is not going to bring in a 34 yr old high priced player to play 3rd receiver.i say 3rd because he is NOT going to put someone ahead of the guys we have now.like it or not.It would first of all upset the so called team chemistry and start a cancer in the locker room.you know who ever gets busted down is gonna be pissed off and start bitchin'.

BULLSHIT.

The surest way to destroy team chemistry is to play like we did last night.

If McCardell can come in and help these guys WIN, you won't hear ONE PLAYER complain.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I agree that he's worth checking out. But what exactly are you all expecting from him? If you're expecting him to solve all our WR problems, you're nuts. He's just not that kind of receiver. He wouldn't be a number one receiver and a single team in the NFL (except MAYBE this one).

He's caught an average of 80 passes per season every season for the last 8.

That's DOUBLE the amount of output our current "#1" WR.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 10:01 AM
BULLSHIT.

If McCardell can come in and help these guys WIN, you won't hear ONE PLAYER complain.

But do you think he can? I think he may be a minor upgrade, but I don't see him coming in and puting us "over the hump" a la TO in Philly or something.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Of course, there's not a number one guy sitting out there for us to pick up. There are two guys on our team that have the speed to get seperation -- Dante and Smith. Now, I'm not saying they WOULD get seperation. But they've got as good a chance as anyone we could pick up right now, including MacCardell.

I'm willing to bet that Trent Green wouldn't have to grab McCardell and SHOW him where to line up.

Richard Smith is quickly becoming Brian Shay.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
But do you think he can? I think he may be a minor upgrade, but I don't see him coming in and puting us "over the hump" a la TO in Philly or something.

If he could GET OPEN, he'd be a massive upgrade right now.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM

Jacksonville thought he was done too, then he goes to Tampa and runs Meshawn out of town with his catching, running after the catch and his mouth shutting.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 10:03 AM
He's caught an average of 80 passes per season every season for the last 8.

That's DOUBLE the amount of output our current "#1" WR.

Well, that would help. Like I said, I'll take him for cheap. But he's not what we REALLY need. What we REALLY need is a number one, downfield threat, big play receiver.

Since we can't get that, we should probably look at K-Mac. He's the only real chance we have at improving our reciever corps. I'm not against going for him. I just think people are nuts if they think he's going to come in and make all the difference in the world.

Like I've said, he'd be a marginal upgrade, and that's probably worth a low price. But he's not going to step in and turn thing around 180 degrees for our receivers.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2004, 10:03 AM
...Richard Smith is quickly becoming Brian Shay.

I'm hopin' it's first game jitters; and Smith comes on....

However, working something out with TB and signing McCardell at this point couldn't hurt.... :shake:

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 10:04 AM
If he could GET OPEN, he'd be a massive upgrade right now.

That's so true it makes me want to ROFL and then :deevee:

I think I'm bi-polar.

PastorMikH
I'm willing to bet that Trent Green wouldn't have to grab McCardell and SHOW him where to line up.

I musta missed that one. When did that happen?

jcroft

Richard Smith is quickly becoming Brian Shay.

I'm not recommending we play Smith more. I'm just saying -- speed is necessary to be that type of receiver. Morton doesn't have it. MacCardell doesn't have it. Smith and Dante do -- but they're both missing other components (experience, size, etc, etc.).

jcroft
09-13-2004, 10:06 AM
I musta missed that one. When did that happen?

It happened during a two-minute, hurry-up, no-huddle drill. I didn't really see it as that big a deal -- Trent was directing everyone around. But, people here seem to be acting like it was the return of Snoop Minnis.

Big Chief Homer
09-13-2004, 10:42 AM
BULLSHIT.

Bullshit eh!!!!

please explain to me why you think after all the upgrades weve made this seaseon they are going to bring someone in.

the defense is still the problem,no mlb,subpar dbs,safetys who miss tackles,de who miss tackles in the backfield and you still think Dv is gonna bring in a 34 yr old wide riecver that no one is obviously lining up for.he didnt do it in the off season, he didnt do it in training camp and hes not gonna do it now.they didnt help the defense and they are not going to help the offense.DV has already said he has NO intrest in mccardell and Cp said the same during the giants preseason game.

Chiefnj
09-13-2004, 10:48 AM
please explain to me why you think after all the upgrades weve made this seaseon they are going to bring someone in.

What are all of these upgrades that you refer to??

Big Chief Homer
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
What are all of these upgrades that you refer to??
thats my point i couldnt think of any either.what makes everyone so sure they will start now.

Id be all for some sort of upgrade at wr.Do i think mccardell is it,no

but i feel we have more glaring needs on this team that havent been addressed,

The Bad Guy
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Is K-Mac really a "legit threat?" He's not much better than Morton. He's give us more overall depth and talent at WR, but he wouldn't give us a real threat that the opponent has to double-team or otherwise account for.

Lay off the drugs.

McCardell not much better than Morton?

That's hysterical.

Chiefnj
09-13-2004, 11:31 AM
thats my point i couldnt think of any either.what makes everyone so sure they will start now.

Id be all for some sort of upgrade at wr.Do i think mccardell is it,no

but i feel we have more glaring needs on this team that havent been addressed,

I don't think anyone really thinks the Chiefs will start making changes now. People hope they do, but deep down know they won't. It's therapeutic to vent.

There are a couple of glaring needs. IMO, WR is one of them. The difference between the WR need and the defensive ones is that there is a possible solution at the present moment to the WR problem. I'm not aware of any defensive solutions regarding player personnel at the present time, but I'm all ears if anyone has any.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Bullshit eh!!!!

the defense is still the problem,no mlb,subpar dbs,safetys who miss tackles,de who miss tackles in the backfield and you still think Dv is gonna bring in a 34 yr old wide riecver that no one is obviously lining up for.he didnt do it in the off season, he didnt do it in training camp and hes not gonna do it now.they didnt help the defense and they are not going to help the offense.DV has already said he has NO intrest in mccardell and Cp said the same during the giants preseason game.

Who said I THOUGHT they were going to bring him in.

Pay close attention, you're obviously having trouble with comprehension.

I think the Chiefs SHOULD bring him in. I have no doubt that they won't even talk to him.

BigRedChief
09-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Agree, They should bring him in. Not a snowball in hell type odds for them to actually do something about it. :banghead:

They have a "we made our bed lets lie in it" mentality.

tk13
09-13-2004, 03:31 PM
If not, he would have taken some of the pressure off of Gonzo.
Eh... I just don't think so. They would've put Champ out there to neutralize McCardell and continued to double team Gonzo. They didn't put Bailey on Gonzo every single play last night, and they still shut him down.

To be honest, I'm not even sure that Walls or Herndon or somebody else couldn't hang with McCardell in spot duty on the occassional play, they all looked pretty good last night.

KC Jones
09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
The purse strings are closed. I don't know why - it makes no ****ing sense to me since we have the cap room.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Lay off the drugs.

McCardell not much better than Morton?

That's hysterical.

I don't think he's much better -- but he is better. He's a better number two receiver. But honestly, how much better a team are we if we've got Kennison and MacCardell on the field at once, rather than Kennison and Morton? Not much.

Now, if there was a big play, down-the-field threat receiver available, and we could team him up with Morton -- THEN we would be significantly improved.

MarCardell is the same type of receiver as Morton. He's better -- but he's not what we need. We need a number one.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I don't think he's much better -- but he is better. He's a better number two receiver. But honestly, how much better a team are we if we've got Kennison and MacCardell on the field at once, rather than Kennison and Morton? Not much.

Now, if there was a big play, down-the-field threat receiver available, and we could team him up with Morton -- THEN we would be significantly improved.

MarCardell is the same type of receiver as Morton. He's better -- but he's not what we need. We need a number one.

No, we don't.

We need a WR who can GET OPEN. I don't care if he's a #4, he just needs to get separation. McCardell can do that - he did that as the primary WR in Tampa Bay for the last 2 seasons. Morton cannot.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 03:43 PM
No, we don't.

We need a WR who can GET OPEN. I don't care if he's a #4, he just needs to get separation. McCardell can do that - he did that as the primary WR in Tampa Bay for the last 2 seasons. Morton cannot.

Alright. For all of our sake, then, I hope we bring him in and you prove to be right.

KC Kings
09-13-2004, 03:44 PM
No, we don't.

McCardell is just as good now as he was three years ago. Three years ago it was a toss up over whether to take him or JMo. When we took JMo there were a lot of people that thought we chose the wrong guy. I was one of those people and was not alone. JMo sucks balls, is also not a very good receiver, and McCardell would be a big improvment. It is time for Lamar to take some of the 6.4 million dollars he makes every week from outlandish parking fee's, and pay him a signing bonus high enough to get him in here under the salary cap.