PDA

View Full Version : Ooops: US fires on crowd in Iraq, reporter killed on live TV

Pages : [1] 2

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Well this video is going to bring alot of goodwill from the Arab world. I guess it's been shown on newscasts around the world though interestingly not on US channels. :hmmm:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040912%2F1544126187.htm&floc=NW_1-T :shake: :banghead: :cuss:

Video link on Drudge.

Surge of Baghdad Violence Leaves 60 Dead
By ROBERT H. REID

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Insurgents hammered central Baghdad on Sunday with one of their most intense mortar and rocket barrages ever in the heart of the capital, heralding a day of violence that killed nearly 60 people nationwide as security appeared to spiral out of control.

At least 37 people were killed in Baghdad alone. Many of them died when a U.S. helicopter fired on a disabled U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle as Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

The dead from the helicopter strike included Arab television reporter Mazen al-Tumeizi, who screamed, ``I'm dying, I'm dying,'' as a cameraman recorded the chaotic scene. An Iraqi cameraman working for the Reuters news agency and an Iraqi freelance photographer for Getty Images were wounded.

Maimed and lifeless bodies of young men and boys lay in the street as the stricken U.S. vehicle was engulfed in flames and thick black smoke.

Across the country, the death toll Sunday was at least 59, according to figures from the Health Ministry, the Multinational Force command and local authorities.

Nearly 200 people were wounded, more than half of them in Baghdad.

Strong detonations again shook the center of Baghdad after sunset Sunday. There were no reports of damage or casualties.

As the early morning barrage was under way in Baghdad, insurgents attacked the infamous U.S.-run Abu Ghraib prison on the city's western edge. Several mortar shells exploded outside the complex about 6 a.m., and about 20 minutes later a pickup truck packed with artillery shells crashed through the chain-link fence on the outer perimeter.

Marines opened fire and the vehicle exploded before reaching the main security wall, killing the driver, a military statement said. Seven people were later arrested, it said.

Tawhid and Jihad, a militant group linked to al-Qaida and led by Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, said it carried out Sunday's coordinated campaign of violence in Baghdad.

In an Internet statement, the group boasted that it holds the initiative in the Iraqi insurgency and possesses the ``capability to surprise the enemy and hit its strategic installations at the right time and place.''

The statement's source could not be verified, but the scope and intensity of the attacks raised serious questions about the state of security, which has deteriorated since the June 28 transfer of sovereignty to the interim Iraqi government.

In Basra, interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi vowed to pursue insurgents.

``We are adamant that we are going to defeat terrorism,'' Allawi said. ``We intend to confront them and bring them to justice.''

Interior Minister Falah Hassan al-Naqib suggested the attacks could be in response to a government operation against the Adel neighborhood of west Baghdad, an insurgent hotbed. However, the scope of the attacks suggested they had been in preparation for some time.

Secretary of State Colin Powell acknowledged that the U.S.-led coalition faced a ``difficult time'' in Iraq but said the United States had a plan to quash the insurgency and bring those areas under control in time for national elections in January.

The insurgency ``will be brought under control,'' Powell said on NBC's ``Meet The Press.'' ``It's not an impossible task.''

Near Hillah, 60 miles south of Baghdad, three Polish soldiers were killed in an ambush - raising Poland's death toll in Iraq to 13 - and a bomb killed three Iraqi national guardsmen. A district police chief was killed in an attack in Baghdad's Yarmouk neighborhood.

Meanwhile, 10 people were killed and 40 were wounded in fighting in the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi, 70 miles west of Baghdad, said hospital director Abdel Munim Aftan.

Three American soldiers and two Iraqi civilians were wounded Sunday when a suicide driver blew up his car next to a U.S. Army convoy on the road to Baghdad International Airport, American sources said. The vehicle was one of seven car bombs reported Sunday in Iraq, two of which did not explode, the sources said.

Powell did not elaborate on the plan for addressing the insurgency, but senior U.S. officials in Iraq have spoken of a multi-pronged strategy involving overtures to tribal leaders, economic incentives and the use of force as the best way to prevail against the resistance.

Rockets and mortar shells began raining down before dawn on the Green Zone, headquarters of the Iraqi government and its U.S. allies, and other parts of central Baghdad. As the shelling continued after sunrise, U.S. troops backed by armored vehicles moved into the streets searching for the attackers.

A Bradley fighting vehicle rushing down Haifa Street, a major traffic artery near the Green Zone, to assist a U.S. patrol was disabled by a car bomb about 6:50 a.m., the U.S. military said. Two Bradley crewmen were wounded by the bomb and four were injured by grenades and small-arms fire as they fled the vehicle, the military said.

Jubilant fighters, curiosity seekers and young boys swarmed around the burning vehicle, dancing, cheering and hurling firebombs. Several young men placed a black and yellow banner of Tawhid and Jihad in the barrel of the Bradley's main gun.

Fearing the crowd would loot the vehicle of weapons and ammunition, American soldiers called for air support, and as U.S. Army helicopters flew over the burning Bradley ``they received small-arms fire from the insurgents in vicinity of the vehicle,'' a military statement said.

The helicopters ``fired upon the anti-Iraqi forces and the Bradley preventing the loss of sensitive equipment and weapons,'' the statement said. ``An unknown number of insurgents and Iraq civilians were wounded or killed in the incident.''

Iraq's Health Ministry said 13 people were killed and 61 wounded on Haifa Street, though it was unclear how many were killed by the helicopter strike. Scattered shoes, pools of fresh blood and debris littered the street.

``We were standing near the destroyed vehicle when the helicopter started firing, so we rushed to safety in a nearby building,'' Alaa Hassan, 24, said from his hospital bed. ``I went back to the scene to help the wounded people when the helicopter fired again and I was hit in the chest.''

Twelve more people died and 41 were injured in other violence across the city Sunday, the Health Ministry said.

Elsewhere, gunmen attacked a group of policemen in the northern city of Mosul, killing one and wounding seven, police said.

Also in the north, three security officers were wounded when attackers opened fire as they stood guard near the Dibis oilfields northeast of Kirkuk. Two others were injured in a drive-by shooting west of Kirkuk, said Maj. Gen. Anwar Mohammed Amin of the Iraqi national guard.

Security officers guarding the oil-rich Kirkuk area have repeatedly been targeted by militants, who have blown up dozens of pipelines in a bid to disrupt reconstruction efforts and undermine the U.S.-backed interim government.
09/12/04 15:44

mlyonsd
09-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Note to self:

When approaching a burning American vehicle that idiots are dancing around keep your distance.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 10:19 AM
So terrorists took out a Bradley, then crowded around it, probably looking for bodies to burn, and arab cameramen were there to take pics of American dead soldiers and were killed when we opened up on the terrorists that took out the Bradley.

This is not news. It's reality of war.

How nice of you to blame US troops instead of the terrorists.

Donger
09-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

Not very bright. Kind of like waving bullseye flags.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Not very bright. Kind of like waving bullseye flags.

Who said arabs or the whores who f^ck them were bright?

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Uh, we are supposedly there 'giving' them 'democracy'. The people who were around the vehicle were not the people who blew up the vehicle. To kill them just perpetuates the same mistakes that started this insurgency in Fallujah in April...

and it will further inspire more insurgents. Already the US has lost control of at least three major areas of Iraq and that is just within the past five months fighting people who have been car bombs and guns.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:25 AM

Good thing that is not directed my way, bigot.

Cochise
09-13-2004, 10:26 AM
party at meme's

unlurking
09-13-2004, 10:31 AM
At least 37 people were killed in Baghdad alone. Many of them died when a U.S. helicopter fired on a disabled U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle as Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

IMO, the fact that anyone neer that tank was left alive was an error in judgement.

unlurking
09-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Uh, we are supposedly there 'giving' them 'democracy'. The people who were around the vehicle were not the people who blew up the vehicle. To kill them just perpetuates the same mistakes that started this insurgency in Fallujah in April...

and it will further inspire more insurgents. Already the US has lost control of at least three major areas of Iraq and that is just within the past five months fighting people who have been car bombs and guns.

Reread YOUR OWN post.

EDIT:

Oh wait, I see what you mean now. When those people ran around with HUMAN BODY PARTS of soldiers cheering and yelling in the beginning of this mess, we didn't attack back because they weren't the ones that pulled the trigger. DOH

Listen, if you put on the unifiorm of an enemy combatant or wave his flag IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ARMED CONFLICT, you then become said enemy combatant.

jjjayb
09-13-2004, 10:34 AM
All I have to say is "Good shootin' Tex"

Hey Meme, you ever consider being a reporter. Seems they have a postion open in iraq. :thumb:

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM

You make it sound like you were there!!

How far will you go to make the tragedy of war fit your agenda?

As was said before, the reporter was probably there for all of the wrong reasons. Just think of what he could have reported on if he had kept his ass away from the fighting?

Tell your people to stand down and the deaths on both sides will decrease!!!!

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Reread YOUR OWN post.

EDIT:

Oh wait, I see what you mean now. When those people ran around with HUMAN BODY PARTS of soldiers cheering and yelling in the beginning of this mess, we didn't attack back because they weren't the ones that pulled the trigger. DOH

Listen, if you put on the unifiorm of an enemy combatant or wave his flag IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ARMED CONFLICT, you then become said enemy combatant.

The US is stating one thing happened. Eyewitnesses who were not involved in the shooting of the vehicle are saying another. Perhaps the video tape of the reporter's death will shed some light on the situation. But again, this will do NOTHING to help the US quash the insurgency.

Donger
09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
But again, this will do NOTHING to help the US quash the insurgency.

I wouldn't call 37 dead insurgents "nothing." I call it a "good start."

Amnorix
09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
The problem here is that this isn't a war against terrorists that we're fighting in Iraq, it's a war of ideology, and if our actions, NO MATTER HOW JUSTIFIED, are pushing more moderate muslims into being radical or anti-american muslims, either in thought or deed, THEN WE ARE NOT ACCOMPLISHING OUR MILITARY OR POLITICAL OBJECTIVES.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 10:43 AM
The problem here is that this isn't a war against terrorists that we're fighting in Iraq, it's a war of ideology, and if our actions, NO MATTER HOW JUSTIFIED, are pushing more moderate muslims into being radical or anti-american muslims, either in thought or deed, THEN WE ARE NOT ACCOMPLISHING OUR MILITARY OR POLITICAL OBJECTIVES.

You have always been on the same side as meme. You always point out what is happening and slamming the U.S. for their actions, yet like skerry you have no productive solutions to offer.

amoronix = Loser.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Good thing that is not directed my way, bigot.

Oh, it was. Make no mistake about it.

The FBI should watch people like you.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:48 AM

Stop. That is far less rational than just shooting anything that moves...what, are you CRAZY? :cuss:

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:49 AM

Well if you were not such an ignorant bigot you would know I don't f*ck Arabs. But seeing that you are an ignorant bigot you probably think that Iranians are Arabs. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Should have dropped a cluster-bomb as well.

unlurking
The US is stating one thing happened. Eyewitnesses who were not involved in the shooting of the vehicle are saying another. Perhaps the video tape of the reporter's death will shed some light on the situation. But again, this will do NOTHING to help the US quash the insurgency.
Probably not, they left to many ENEMY COMBATANTS alive.

:(

Ya' know, I CANNOT STAND mini-Bush. I think the war in Iraq was a mistake that took away the international support we had going into Afghanistan (which I believe was and still is a just cause). I can't stand the "morallistic" right that our nation seems to be turning to, or the big brother concept we are willing to accept to feel secure.

BUT I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH THE LEFTIST VIEW THAT WAR IS FAIR!!! I WILL NEVER AGREE TO IMPLEMENT LIBERAL POLICIES DURING COMBAT THAT PUT OUR TROOPS IN DANGER!!! NO MATTER THE CAUSE, THEY ARE THERE DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY AND DESERVE EVERY RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES!!!

Sadly enough, I often find myself wondering why everyone gives you such a hard time. Then I see you saying something like this.

Donger

The war on terror is a war of ideology.

unlurking
09-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Well if you were not such an ignorant bigot you would know I don't f*ck Arabs. But seeing that you are an ignorant bigot you probably think that Iranians are Arabs. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Ever wonder why every Iranian you meet says he's "Persian", not Iranian?

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM

hmmm, who didn't think Iranians were arabs? Who really care, other than you?

BTW, do you really think calling me an ignorant bigot does any good? I mean other than make you look foolish?

Do you plan on being at the 37 forever banquet?

mlyonsd
09-13-2004, 10:56 AM

I actually agree with most of this. I still believe though that the majority of Iraqi's back the idea of a democratic form of government. Until we lose that majority I consider the invasion of Iraq a noble cause.

Amnorix
09-13-2004, 10:57 AM
The war on terror is a war of ideology.

Yes, and it should be fought on those terms. It is AMAZING to me that the PR-savvy Republicans, who can play the American media like a violin, can't seem to do a half-decent job of the same thing with regard to the Middle East.

I'm NOT saying that we need to pander to the Middle Eastern demographics or anything, but the reality is that if our actions are creating a result where American are viewed by most of the Arab world as oppressive or evil or whatever, then we're going to have ALOT more terrorists to deal with, at home and abroad, especially in the generations to come.

I think Bush miscalculated in a number of ways in invading Iraq. One of the ways in which he miscalculated, IMHO, is that he failed to realize that the impact of his actions against a secular Arab country, even one run by a brutal dictator, could just as easily strength Al Queda and other terrorist groups as weaken it, if Arabic perception of US actions and motives were not well-managed.

Radar Chief
09-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Uh, we are supposedly there 'giving' them 'democracy'. The people who were around the vehicle were not the people who blew up the vehicle.

Uh, just exactly how do you know that? Direct contact with the insurgents? ROFL

Amnorix
09-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I actually agree with most of this. I still believe though that the majority of Iraqi's back the idea of a democratic form of government. Until we lose that majority I consider the invasion of Iraq a noble cause.

It may well be a noble cause. There are many noble causes that the US cannot afford to engage in. I hope, as you do, that it will turn out that this noble cause gets us a noble result.

I fear it will not.

Donger
09-13-2004, 10:59 AM
but the reality is that if our actions are creating a result where American are viewed by most of the Arab world as oppressive or evil or whatever, then we're going to have ALOT more terrorists to deal with, at home and abroad, especially in the generations to come.

They already did before we went into Iraq.

Remember 9/11?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 11:01 AM

Iranians are as bad or worse than Arabs!!!

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM

Classless and bigotted. :shake:

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 11:06 AM

Your opinion is biased because ..... you are an Iranian?

So, who actually cares what your opinion is? I know I don't.

Anyone else?

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:07 AM
So family's of those celebrating the attack on our soldiers say they saw something different. Wow, that is unusual.

Kraut
Stop. That is far less rational than just shooting anything that moves...what, are you CRAZY? :cuss:
Shoot anything that moves..... Put yourself in those young soilders' shoes. Instead of being so critical of them why not show a little support for them.

Duck Dog

ROFL

At least I know what gets under you **** sticks skin.

Your Iranian..err...I mean Pursian, right? Is that like the rug or the cat?

Iowanian
I wish this would become US policy.

That "crowd" were jumping on a disabled Bradley, sporting insurgent flags and chanting anti US slogans.

I was calling for hits like that a long time ago.

Bravo.

Since when do "innocent civilians fire on US Helicopters?
"Fearing the crowd would loot the vehicle of weapons and ammunition, American soldiers called for air support, and as U.S. Army helicopters flew over the burning Bradley ``they received small-arms fire from the insurgents in vicinity of the vehicle,'' a military statement said. "

Darwinism at work.

"At least 37 people were killed in Baghdad alone. Many of them died when a U.S. helicopter fired on a disabled U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle as Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization. "

I hope it hurt.....alot. I hope the Napalm is burning on their baows in hell right now.

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Ever wonder why every Iranian you meet says he's "Persian", not Iranian?
That's not necessarily true. Both words describe the same people. Some (not most) chose "Persian" to emphasize the identity separate from Arabs that most Americans seem to fail to realize.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:11 AM
I think Bush miscalculated in a number of ways in invading Iraq. One of the ways in which he miscalculated, IMHO, is that he failed to realize that the impact of his actions against a secular Arab country, even one run by a brutal dictator, could just as easily strength Al Queda and other terrorist groups as weaken it, if Arabic perception of US actions and motives were not well-managed.

I call BS. We are the lone superpower, whatever we do will be perceived as negative - regardless of motive and intent.

We weren't in Iraq during either attack on the WTC or in Afghanistan when the USS Cole was struck by terrorists. What strenghthened Al Qaeda then?

Kraut
09-13-2004, 11:12 AM
That's not necessarily true. Both words describe the same people. Some (not most) chose "Persian" to emphasize the identity separate from Arabs that most Americans seem to fail to realize.
Yeah we are generall uncultured asses. :rolleyes:

Frankie
Your opinion is biased because ..... you are an Iranian?

So, who actually cares what your opinion is? I know I don't.

Anyone else?
Then, you, by your own choice, are casting your lot with classless bigots. Are you professing to be one?:shrug:

Iowanian

The exact oposite arguement has been made by Denise, and you in other situations Frankie........

Kraut
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM
oops I mean generally

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM

I did fail to realize that.

That makes me wonder why 'Persians' (I spelled it right this time) try so hard to emphasize the identity seperation.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Im glad they are dead and hope we kill them all.
**** THEM!!!!

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:14 AM

(-)x(-)=(+)

Your very bigotted uncultured comment comes in as a compliment. Thank you,... idiot.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I did fail to realize that.

That makes me wonder why 'Persians' (I spelled it right this time) try so hard to emphasize the identity seperation.

Could it be they feel superior to their arab neighbors?

Naw, couldn't be. That would make them bigots.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Im glad they are dead and hope we kill them all.
**** THEM!!!!

and the whores who f^ck them.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
So what you are saying is "Most Americans" are too stupid to know where Iran is, but they are smart enough to know where a non-existent kingdom is?

Has someone checked the logic meter this morning?

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
The exact oposite arguement has been made by Denise, and you in other situations Frankie........
Never by me and frankly I don't remember one from Denise either.

Loki
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
so what...

why is it only noteworthy when Americans shoot "hapless civilians"?
(biased much?)

you seem to forget all the terrorist/insurgent attacks that leave scores of their own DEAD. car bombs, mortar attacks, random shooting, mosque bombings, etc etc.

these attacks aren't just as noteworthy in your crusade to champion the rights of innocent iraqi's?

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:19 AM
so what...

why is it only noteworthy when Americans shoot "hapless civilians"?
biased much?

you seem to forget all the terrorist/insurgent attacks that leave scores of their own DEAD. car bombs, mortar attacks, random shooting, mosque bombings, etc etc.

these attacks aren't just as noteworthy in your crusade to champion the rights of innocent iraqi's?
You are not the only one to notice that 95% of the posts Duhnese lays out are negative in nature regarding our government or our football team.

I guess bitterness is natural with some as they age.

Brock
09-13-2004, 11:20 AM

It's actually a term to attach yourself to a culture that mattered about 3000 years ago. God knows nothing worthwhile has come out of that part of the world in centuries, except maybe oil.

Mr. Kotter
Am I reading this right....

Duhnese is married to Frankie? :hmmm:

THAT would sure as hell explain a helluva a lot.... ROFL

unlurking
When I ask:

"Hey, where you from?"

And some dumbstick says:

"I'm Persian" like I have no ****ing clue, he deserves my lack of respect, as he showed none in me.

My next question is usually:

"Huh, where is Persia?"

The next reply is usually:

"Over in Asia"

Ahh, guess he thinks I'm too retarded.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
It's actually a term to attach yourself to a culture that mattered about 3000 years ago. God knows nothing worthwhile has come out of that part of the world in centuries, except maybe oil.

That's not true. Persian rugs are really cool.....

to wipe your azz on.... :)

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM

And if not for America, they were too stupid to know they had it or to know what it was worth.

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Could it be they feel superior to their arab neighbors?

Naw, couldn't be. That would make them bigots.
Not necessarily. But this fact is correct: MOST Iranians passionately cherish their sense of IDENTITY. They would react the same even if they were taken as Greeks. But that sense has become even stronger in the past couple of decades in resistance to the rulling regime who is trying to infuse Arabic words and terminology into the everyday language. Here's one way to look at it. Iran and Egypt were conquered by Arabs about 13 centuries ago. Egypt is now an Arab country. Iranian people, though converted to Islam, have kept their own separate language, heritage and customs.

Hel'n
09-13-2004, 11:26 AM
and the whores who f^ck them.

You need to quit being so negative about yourself...

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Not necessarily. But this fact is correct: MOST Iranians passionately cherish their sense of IDENTITY. They would react the same even if they were taken as Greeks. But that sense has become even stronger in the past couple of decades in resistance to the rulling regime who is trying to infuse Arabic words and terminology into the everyday language. Here's one way to look at it. Iran and Egypt were conquered by Arabs about 13 centuries ago. Egypt is now an Arab country. Iranian people, though converted to Islam, have kept their own separate language, heritage and customs.

Seems like everyone can be passionate about their sense of identity except white males, huh?

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM

Try making sense and I'll respond.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Again, Why would an Iranian assume that Americans aren't smart enough to know they are not an Arab nation, but they are smart enough to know of a dead empire?

People in Thailand do not call themselves Siamese.

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:32 AM
So what you are saying is "Most Americans" are too stupid to know where Iran is, but they are smart enough to know where a non-existent kingdom is?

Has someone checked the logic meter this morning?

Baiting me again, huh KCW? I challenge you to find any post in which I have claimed that Americans are "stupid," or less intelligent than Iranians. I have, however, underlined achievements of some Iranians in the face of the barage of ignorance (on the subject) that some planeteers have, on occasions, displayed.

Loki
You are not the only one to notice that 95% of the posts Duhnese lays out are negative in nature regarding our government or our football team.

I guess bitterness is natural with some as they age.

yeah... i KNOW i'm not the only one.

i guess i'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of being able to disrespect my nation or our military. :shrug:

Amnorix
I call BS. We are the lone superpower, whatever we do will be perceived as negative - regardless of motive and intent.

We weren't in Iraq during either attack on the WTC or in Afghanistan when the USS Cole was struck by terrorists. What strenghthened Al Qaeda then?

As to your first paragraph -- that's true for some people, but what percentage or whatever, I have no idea.

As for your overall concept -- only time will tell whether you're right or not. I hope you are, for the sake of all Americans.

Let's just say that I'm concerned that the motives that impelled us to invade/liberate Iraq, whatever they were in the mind of the current Administration, may not prove to have been sufficient cause to pay the price for the bill that may come due.

Some have argued, forcefully, that US meddling in Iran during the 50s is what ultimately led to the backlash of the Khoemeni-led fundamentalist movement of the late 70s against the Shah and his US backers. In trying to push Iran in one direction, we ultimately pushed it in the exact opposite direction.

Obviously, no one has a crystal ball. Just as obviously, NO American policy from 25 years before could be blamed for Iran taking the hostages for about a year and a half. But the point remains that actions have consequences, and sometimes those consequences are the exact opposite of what you had hoped for.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Baiting me again, huh KCW? I challenge you to find any post in which I have claimed that Americans are "stupid," or less intelligent than Iranians. I have, however, underlined achievements of some Iranians in the face of the barage of ignorance (on the subject) that some planeteers have, on occasions, displayed.

It's not a matter of ignorance. It's a matter of not giving a rats a$$. If I cared enough about 'Persians' or Arabs I'd study them.

Loki
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM

you need to realize that your "buddy" meme would do a dance of joy if your brother (a hero, and my thanks for his service) in iraq got wasted.

sobering thought no?

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:37 AM
And if not for America, they were too stupid to know they had it or to know what it was worth.

Iran was trading oil with Tsarist Russia when Americans were killing off Indians. England had their hand deeply in Iran's oil waaay before the U.S. got involved. Your other posts are just as uninformed as this one. :shake:

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Baiting, no, not at all.

And perhaps I should have used the word "ignorant" instead of "stupid", and yes, some ignorance has been displayed on this thread by others attacking you. But the body of my post remains the same: You stated MOST Americans don't know that Iran is not an Arab nation. And you stated that some Iranians use the term "Persian" because MOST Americans don't know this.

So again, I ask, what makes anyone (you, another Iranian, or anyone else) believe that MOST Americans who don't know where Iran is relatively located would know where the Persian Empire is located?

Iowanian
09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Never by me and frankly I don't remember one from Denise either.

She did it in this very thread Frankie....read.

".......you probably think that Iranians are Arabs. " ~memyselfi

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
you need to realize that your "buddy" meme would do a dance of joy if your brother (a hero, and my thanks for his service) in iraq got wasted.

sobering thought no?

God forbid that happens. But Loki is right.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Iran was trading oil with Tsarist Russia when Americans were killing off Indians. England had their hand deeply in Iran's oil waaay before the U.S. got involved. Your other posts are just as uninformed as this one. :shake:

Who said I was talking about Iran...err..I mean Persia?

Saulbadguy
09-13-2004, 11:46 AM
I know an Iranian who prefers to be called Assyrian. That makes no sense to me. Kind of like a Iraqi wanting to be called a Babylonian. I'm not a history buff though, so maybe someone could shed some light on that one?

Oh...there would be hell to pay too if I called her an "A-rab"

Brock
09-13-2004, 11:47 AM

"Trading" oil? ROFL Don't you mean Russia and England basically occupied your country and were taking it?

Hel'n
09-13-2004, 11:50 AM

sobering thought no?

I don't believe Denise would ever do that...

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Another choice statement.

Frankie, what would you say to someone who posted a statement to the effect of "Americans were providing more $$$ assistance to African Nations during the famine of the 70s and 80s while the Iranians were busy torturing and killing their non-Muslim people?" What does a single poor decision by the American Government have to do with oil trade in the Middle East other than for you to feebly attempt to paint a negative picture of my nation?

You carp about others making ignorant and racist statements and then you do it yourself.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
No, but she would use the incident to make a thread about how horrible our nation was, as she has done here.

Duck Dog
09-13-2004, 11:53 AM

You give her too much credit.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2004, 11:58 AM

Lack of judgement, eh? Side-effect from the drugs you've taken? :hmmm:

Frankie
09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Baiting, no, not at all.

And perhaps I should have used the word "ignorant" instead of "stupid", and yes, some ignorance has been displayed on this thread by others attacking you. But the body of my post remains the same: You stated MOST Americans don't know that Iran is not an Arab nation. And you stated that some Iranians use the term "Persian" because MOST Americans don't know this.

So again, I ask, what makes anyone (you, another Iranian, or anyone else) believe that MOST Americans who don't know where Iran is relatively located would know where the Persian Empire is located?

I'm not talking about the geography of it. I'm talking about the IDENTITY of one group vs another. A lot of Americans, in my experience, still do make that mistake.

Interestingly, here's an e-mail that I have recently received that seems to be a crude translation from Farsi, but nevertheless laments of what I mean:

"No, I am not a terrorist nor a wife beater,
I don't live in a tent in a desert.

Although I'm certain they never drove a BMW nor lived in Orange County!

I speak Farsi, not Arabic
Iran is pronounced "EERAUN" and not "I - ran" (it's not track & field)

News flash: Iran and Iraq are two different countries ,
Middle East is a region and NOT a continent,
And camels are not our way of transportation.

Belly dancers are NOT strippers (no sex in the Champaign room); anyways belly dancing is an arabic dance, it never came from Iran.

Each time you play a game of chess to improve your intellect, keep in
mind that it was Persians who gave you your game.

Iranian women are just as outspoken (if not more) and liberal as the
European women.

And what the hell is "soccer"?? We also call it Football.

Iran is the first country on earth to have a lion(male)and a
sun(female)for it's symbol; and the colors red, white, and green for a flag, A beautiful country ......
But still the best part of Middle East

Allow me to introduce myself:

I'M A PERSIAN. MY LAND IS IRAN!"
(TWIW....As I said, it has flaws. Chess, to the best of my knowledge originated in India but highly developed by Persians. Backgammon is the Persian game. Also, belly dancing is really Turkish. Not Arabic.)

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Then, you, by your own choice, are casting your lot with classless bigots. Are you professing to be one?:shrug:

Eye of the beholder. Whatever I believe is between me and my God. Your lack of the ability to see what the world is like at this given moment is truly amazing. Take off your blinders and take a look around.

As for Iranians, I have not met one that I can honestly say I could call a friend. I was in college when the regime change was at hand. Each and every Iranian that was enrolled were classless and very vocal in their opinion of the U.S. support. Not a one of the endeared themselves to anyone at the school, it was a large embarassement for Iran as well as adding to the bias that may have been existing.

If a person is called a bigot because bigotted Iranians have caused him/her to be that way...whose fault is it?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Am I reading this right....

Duhnese is married to Frankie? :hmmm:

THAT would sure as hell explain a helluva a lot.... ROFL

I don't think that is the case, but duhnese admits to being married to more than one ME.

Frankie is only a faux ME. He lived in Iran and adopted them as his national heritage.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 12:52 PM

99% of the rest of us think she would. She has almost done so right here on the Planet!!

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm not talking about the geography of it. I'm talking about the IDENTITY of one group vs another. A lot of Americans, in my experience, still do make that mistake.

The identity of "Eranians" has been established by those that came to the U.S. to gain an education. They came to the U.S. and I never witnessed a single one of them adding to the good reputation of the nation. They were ALL rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Their treatment of women while in the U.S. was reprehensable.

If you want to judge me by what I say and do, you must also judge your own by the same rule.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:09 PM

sobering thought no?

You are nuts. I've been through alot with Helen/former self. The last thing I'd want for her is to have her brother die in a senseless quagmire of a war. He and those who love him deserve MUCH better than they are getting from their CIC.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
hmmm, who didn't think Iranians were arabs? Who really care, other than you?

BTW, do you really think calling me an ignorant bigot does any good? I mean other than make you look foolish?

Do you plan on being at the 37 forever banquet?

You obviously did not know the difference. Bigoted and sexist...calling women whores for having sex with men you don't like.

Nice guy and quite intelligent to boot. ROFL

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
The identity of "Eranians" has been established by those that came to the U.S. to gain an education. They came to the U.S. and I never witnessed a single one of them adding to the good reputation of the nation. They were ALL rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Their treatment of women while in the U.S. was reprehensable.

If you want to judge me by what I say and do, you must also judge your own by the same rule.

Ah, Duck's alter ego. ROFL

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:16 PM
You obviously did not know the difference. Bigoted and sexist...calling women whores for having sex with foreigners that despise America you don't like.

small correction to make sure your intent was transmitted.

I guess....if the shoe fits....

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Ah, Duck's alter ego. ROFL

And duhnese, up yours too!!

Kraut
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
(-)x(-)=(+)

Your very bigotted uncultured comment comes in as a compliment. Thank you,... idiot.
thanks. You seem to be able to do nothing but insult people who do not agree with you. Thank you for showing your true colors. :thumb:

Hel'n
09-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Lack of judgement, eh? Side-effect from the drugs you've taken? :hmmm:

Drugs or beer?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:19 PM
thanks. You seem to be able to do nothing but insult people who do not agree with you. Thank you for showing your true colors. :thumb:

I'd guess that Frankie could be an Al Queda sleeper that doesn't know when to shut up!!

After all he is almost an Iraqi!!

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:24 PM
And duhnese, up yours too!!

No thanks. I'd rather be dead. :Lin:

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 01:26 PM

Go hang out with your rock-chucking, terrorist flag-waving buddies while they swarm a damaged US vehicle... our armed forces will be happy to oblige

Frankie
09-13-2004, 01:26 PM

I can see now how your opinion has formed. Your only contact was in college and with very politically charged (revolutionary) Iranian students. I can't change your mind unless you somehow run into regular Iranians and have an association of reasonable length of time with them. Basically you ran into the exception, not the rule. This is not to say all Iranians are angels. There are some absolute bastards among them. But then again, that's true for every society.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:27 PM

Promises, promises??

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Go hang out with your rock-chucking, terrorist flag-waving buddies while they swarm a damaged US vehicle... our armed forces will be happy to oblige

out armed forces?

Out of what? ;)

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
out armed forces?

Out of what? ;)

What are you babbling about?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:29 PM
out armed forces?

Out of what? ;)

Trouble reading today? Ah, yes....just like every day!!

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:34 PM
What are you babbling about?

Out armed forces? Ah, you edited.

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Out armed forces? Ah, you edited.

lol, look at your post w/ quote. :p

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I can see now how your opinion has formed. Your only contact was in college and with very politically charged (revolutionary) Iranian students. I can't change your mind unless you somehow run into regular Iranians and have an association of reasonable length of time with them. Basically you ran into the exception, not the rule. This is not to say all Iranians are angels. There are some absolute bastards among them. But then again, that's true for every society.

You don't see squat. I have dealt with Iranian engineers for about 21 years. Their attitude and mode of operation is no different than those that I met in college.

To interrupt your next comment before you get started. I have worked with engineers from many countries around the world. Each have their idiocincricies(sp), but I have never had the same type of problem with any other nationality. Germans are very stubborn, but they can be reasoned with, they will stand by their engineering decisions regardless of how many times you can prove that their direction/design does not work. Typically the Germans give in and you can come to a resolution that is workable. The Iranian engineers have walked away and refused to concede. In many cases this has caused catastrophic results in multi-million dollar plants.

The arrogance of the Iranian engineer has done nothing to change their image among professionals around the country.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
lol, look at your post w/ quote. :p

Yes, that is what I saw then :doh!: ah, you fixed it. Anyway, bad funny. Nothing more to see...feel free to move on. :p

Frankie
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I'd guess that Frankie could be an Al Queda sleeper that doesn't know when to shut up!!

I've never asked for an apology on this board. But I hope you are man enough to issue one for this statement. This is not funny even as a joke.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:46 PM
I've never asked for an apology on this board. But I hope you are man enough to issue one for this statement. This is not funny even as a joke.

I am man enough to issue one; however..........

Phobia
09-13-2004, 01:50 PM

Knowing his past behavior on this board, I find it surprising that you would even bother asking.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 01:51 PM

You still dodge a simple answer to my question. What makes you believe MOST Americans don't know where Iran is located, but they do know that Persians are not Arabic?

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:55 PM
I did not say HE edited my post.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Knowing his past behavior on this board, I find it surprising that you would even bother asking.

Why would I apologize to someone that has said the things that he has? Besides, you all know I'm an asshole. Take it from there.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 01:58 PM

What you don't find his slanderous digs, that could potentially be considered legitimate and the authorities notified and thus wasting their resources on someone who is simply expressing a dissenting opinion, to be funny???

What the heck is wrong with you, man? :cuss:

jspchief
09-13-2004, 01:59 PM
This story reminds me of a scene from Unforgiven

Little Bill Daggett (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000432/): You just shot an unarmed man.
Bill Munny (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000142/) : He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.

These people decided to go out and celebrate around a burning US vehicle. It's not a party, or a dancehall, or a tourist exhibit. It's a recently attacked military vehicle. Darwinism in it's purist form. Good riddance.

Donger
09-13-2004, 02:00 PM
I hope you are man enough to issue one for this statement.

So sayeth Frankie, the guy who never had the guts to admit he was wrong on the infamous Schwarzenegger thread.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 02:00 PM
What you don't find his slanderous digs, that could potentially be considered legitimate and the authorities notified and thus wasting their resources on someone who is simply expressing a dissenting opinion, to be funny???

Cute, coming from the most anti-American poster I have ever read.

Oh, I forgot, I'm a biggot. sorry

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Cute, coming from the most anti-American poster I have ever read.

Oh, I forgot, I'm a biggot. sorry

:rolleyes:

You need to read something other than PatriotsRUs.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 02:03 PM

I disagree with h8er, but as he used the word "could" in his statement, it was not slander. Had he said Frankie "definitely is" or eliminated the word "could", you would be right.

Seems like he has been learning from you and some of your buddies on this board. He is merely applying the same tactics you use, just not as well.

Donger
09-13-2004, 02:04 PM

Das Kapital?

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Das Kapital?
Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism by Vladimir Lenin

Loki
09-13-2004, 02:08 PM

i hope you're right, but with sneering threads like this, one has to wonder...

(your brother is in my prayers along with the rest of our brave men and women. good luck to him)

Loki
09-13-2004, 02:14 PM
You are nuts. I've been through alot with Helen/former self. The last thing I'd want for her is to have her brother die in a senseless quagmire of a war. He and those who love him deserve MUCH better than they are getting from their CIC.

i'm nuts?
so i've been told. take a number and get in line.

anyways, it still seems to me that you go WAY out of your way to hack on our troops which hel'n brother is a part of. your prior history aside, show a bit a restraint/respect. i'm sure her brother is important to her like any mother's son in our armed forces is to them.

again, you also seem to miss the point that the insurgents and terrorists do MORE than their fair share of wasting innocent bystanders. care to compare body counts?

what gives?

Frankie
09-13-2004, 02:17 PM
You still dodge a simple answer to my question. What makes you believe MOST Americans don't know where Iran is located, but they do know that Persians are not Arabic?

I don't say they don't know where! Most do. Especially now. I say "A lot of Americans don't know Iranians and Arabs are not the same." Am I missing something in your question?:shrug:

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't say they don't no where! Most do. Especially now. I say "A lot of Americans don't know Iranians and Arabs are not the same." Am I missing something in your question?:shrug:
Frankie - either the statement above is false or your earlier statement on this thread is. Take your pick

Some (not most) chose "Persian" to emphasize the identity separate from Arabs that most Americans seem to fail to realize.

Again, why would "most Americans" not know the difference between Arab and Iranian people, yet they would know a dead kingdom is not Arabic? It simply is not logical.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 02:22 PM
I disagree with h8er, but as he used the word "could" in his statement, it was not slander. Had he said Frankie "definitely is" or eliminated the word "could", you would be right.

Seems like he has been learning from you and some of your buddies on this board. He is merely applying the same tactics you use, just not as well.

Thanks...........................I think.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2004, 02:24 PM

if you have ever used these numbers,you are a bigot.

Hel'n
09-13-2004, 02:26 PM

if you have ever used these numbers,you are a bigot.

What about 69?

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 02:27 PM

you need to read something other than muslimwakeus.com!!

Loki
09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
What about 69?

no, if you use THAT number, you're a pervert...

;)

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 02:34 PM
no, if you use THAT number, you're a pervert...

;)

Even if it is a M and a F?

Loki
09-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Even if it is a M and a F?

dunno how to answer that.

i just know i'm a (HETEROSEXUAL) pervert and happen to like that
number/position.

nothing more.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 02:42 PM
dunno how to answer that.

i just know i'm a (HETEROSEXUAL) pervert and happen to like that
number/position.

nothing more.

I donno, the hijack seems to have stopped the garbage!!

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 04:03 PM

Well you, Russ, COULD be a child rapist who enjoys threesomes with 1st graders and dogs...

Hum, good thing that could is in there lest you be accused of something that you in theory COULD be guilty of participating in.

:hmmm:

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 04:05 PM
i'm nuts?
so i've been told. take a number and get in line.

anyways, it still seems to me that you go WAY out of your way to hack on our troops which hel'n brother is a part of. your prior history aside, show a bit a restraint/respect. i'm sure her brother is important to her like any mother's son in our armed forces is to them.

again, you also seem to miss the point that the insurgents and terrorists do MORE than their fair share of wasting innocent bystanders. care to compare body counts?

what gives?

I'm quite sure the insurgents and the terrorists have killed more than their share of innocent Iraqi civilians. However, I highly doubt the number is near the 7-10k mark that has been estimated have been killed by the US military action.

Frankie
09-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Frankie - either the statement above is false or your earlier statement on this thread is. Take your pick

Again, why would "most Americans" not know the difference between Arab and Iranian people, yet they would know a dead kingdom is not Arabic? It simply is not logical.

I honestly am not sure if I understand your question. But if it helps clarify something, when I first came here, I noticed that almost no one knew the country of Iran. But as soon as I'd say "Persia" they would acknowledge with the "Aha" exclamation. In fact, the first girl I dated here had innocently declared to her dorm-mates that she was dating a "Persian Prince!" I guess because my dad was a colonel. :shrug: (In fact the only relation I had to the royal family was the fact that my dog was a daughter of the Shah's dog!)

Since Iran neighbors 3 Arabic countries, and since it is an Islamic nation, I think there is a general perception here that it is one also.

Patriot 21
09-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm quite sure the insurgents and the terrorists have killed more than their share of innocent Iraqi civilians. However, I highly doubt the number is near the 7-10k mark that has been estimated have been killed by the US military action.

You are phucking nuts!

I guess you aren't counting the ones Mr Hussein himself murdered.

Ignorant b!tch! :shake:

Hel'n
09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm guessing this thread is being used for our "post game depression"???

:shake:

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Well you, Russ, COULD be a child rapist who enjoys threesomes with 1st graders and dogs...

Hum, good thing that could is in there lest you be accused of something that you in theory COULD be guilty of participating in.

While I don't take offense to your statement, you are usually more subtle in your slams.

Nonetheless, the slam was not slander, and once again, you were wrong.

If alluding to the idea that I could molest children somehow makes you feel better about causing your own slander on h8er, more power to you.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 07:40 PM
I honestly am not sure if I understand your question. But if it helps clarify something, when I first came here, I noticed that almost no one knew the country of Iran. But as soon as I'd say "Persia" they would acknowledge with the "Aha" exclamation. In fact, the first girl I dated here had innocently declared to her dorm-mates that she was dating a "Persian Prince!" I guess because my dad was a colonel. :shrug: (In fact the only relation I had to the royal family was the fact that my dog was a daughter of the Shah's dog!)

Since Iran neighbors 3 Arabic countries, and since it is an Islamic nation, I think there is a general perception here that it is one also.
I just asked my kids and their friends who are over.

All 7 of them have heard of Iran, none of them have heard of Persia. Okay, I take that back, one did, but only as a video game - he didn't know it was a country or an empire - but he did know they had genies and sand dunes.

Again, I don't see how MOST Americans are so ignorant that they don't know Iranians are not Arabic, but they do know where an ancient dead kingdom is and know it is not Arabic. It just doesn't make sense.

Loki
09-13-2004, 08:59 PM

7 - 10k... "estimated". rrrrright.
you're counting all those who took up arms against our troops in that number right? or are you claiming those were all "innocents"?

stick with your quite sure statement. they HAVE killed more than their share. blown up their own churches, killed their own police forces, blown up schools full of kids, blown up markets... good stuff. just more martyrs for the cause right?

i still think your stance is extremely hypocritical.

2bikemike
09-13-2004, 09:12 PM

Well maybe if they would stand up for themselves and put a stop to the violence being generated by the insurgents and co-operate with their interim govt. things would smooth out and they can get on with putting their country back together.

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 10:07 PM
After reading, you want to parade around a recently attacked vehicle and wave an enemy flag expect to be mistaken for the ones who attacked the vehicle. And if the reporter isn't smart enough to use a long-range telephoto lense and take pictures from afar, he must be one of them.

Hats off to our troops for doing their jobs!!!:thumb::thumb:

FWIW, our troops have orders to not fire until fired upon - I wonder if a part of the story has been left out here.

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 05:07 AM
This forum is a showcase for the very worst of American society.

I'm ashamed we even have it.

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 06:38 AM

C'Mon Mememe, he's just "raising the question." Since when is it a crime to ask a question?

:rolleyes: - Mememe earns her signature smiley on this one.

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 06:50 AM

I, for one, would like to see where your estimates come from. Link?

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 06:53 AM
While a car bomb explodes outside an Iraqi police station killing 47 innocents waiting to apply for jobs as police officers.......mememe, what do you have to say about that....?????

Patriot 21
09-14-2004, 08:48 AM
While a car bomb explodes outside an Iraqi police station killing 47 innocents waiting to apply for jobs as police officers.......mememe, what do you have to say about that....?????

What's she have to say about it?...........Not enough American soldiers were killed. :rolleyes:

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 09:09 AM
She was too busy logging the names of dead terrorist insurgents to care about innocent bystanders.

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 09:14 AM

Meme, and her friend Frankie, will say that all Americans are bigots because they don't want to leave Iraq.

You cannot use logic with these people (M&F) because they are blinded by their own anti-American bigotry.

Frankie called me a bigot (via PM) because he feels that I didn't have any sympathy for the 30,000 Iraqi's killed by U.S. oil interests. I better quote this directly. This is the message I sent him when I commented he could be al queda:

Originally Posted by r8er_h8er
Check the wording, I didn't say you was, I said you could be. There is a difference, and, just in case you missed it, there was more of a joke involved. Anyway, I no longer have access to the "known Al Queda" personnel in the U.S. The largest cell in the continental U.S. is in Orlando, FL.

If I actually thougth you were a member you would have had contact from the government. Trust me, I wouldn't turn someone in as a joke, the agency that deals with suspected members doesn't treat them with kid gloves.

As far as apologies, you need to consider who you are calling bigots!!! There are over 3,000 Americans dead (doesn't matter if they were white, black, yellow, or naturalized) that were killed by ME's between the age of 17-39, many Americans will tend to profile any ME looking individuals. It may not be right, but you need to consider things that you cannot possibly be aware of before you call someone a bigot.

When you retract your comments, I'll retract mine, but not before. Both MUST be in the open forum. You do not know me, nor my core values, but you throw yours up and I will follow suit.

No thank you. Your offer is respectfully declined. Your calculator seems to work properly keeping account of our dead. But conveniently disregards the 30,000 or so Iraqis dying in a manufactured, personal war for oil and big contracts for favored companies. Shows how little you think of their lives. I guess who cares about a bunch of low-life towel-heads! Right?! Wether you like it or not, your own statement and the attitude it demonstrates wreaks of bigotry.

That is his stance on who is a bigot, he is one so he thinks that all are.

Maybe I am, but I, as do many Americans, come by it honestly. We were attacked by Islamic Radical elements, we tend to hold them responsible for their actions, if that is a bigot, yes I am one.

memyselfI
09-14-2004, 10:31 AM
7 - 10k... "estimated". rrrrright.
you're counting all those who took up arms against our troops in that number right? or are you claiming those were all "innocents"?

stick with your quite sure statement. they HAVE killed more than their share. blown up their own churches, killed their own police forces, blown up schools full of kids, blown up markets... good stuff. just more martyrs for the cause right?

i still think your stance is extremely hypocritical.

Look, I'm not arguing FOR the insurgents or the terrorists (at LEAST two different groups here) what I'm arguing is that the current US policy is failing and will create more insurgency and more terrorism (from the terrorists who have arrived SINCE SH fell) and that the US as occupiers of the country are in a position that they are deepening the quagmire when they fire on groups of people from helicopters.

The reaction is aside from the immorality of what the insurgents or the terrorists might be doing to the people of Iraq (or the US forces ftm). The people of Iraq are caught in the middle of the crossfire...

THE EXACT SITUATION I WARNED OF IN MARCH 2003.

However, the Americans being the occupying superpower military force are going to be held more accountable and to a higher standard internationally and politically than a group of terrorists, insurgents, vigiliante militias, etc. That is not my view that is the just the way it is. The force the Americans use will always be seen as disporportionate compared to that which the insurgency is using and this disparity is what will fuel future hatred of Americans and make the US less safe in the world...

but don't take my word for it.

As far as your question regarding the body counts:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
However, the Americans being the occupying superpower military force

What? Your not an American?

Didn't think so.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Well if you were not such an ignorant bigot you would know I don't f*ck Arabs. But seeing that you are an ignorant bigot you probably think that Iranians are Arabs. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLYou're right. Most of them are just a bunch of phuqin POS terrorist ragheads...

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 10:42 AM
You're right. Most of them are just a bunch of phuqin POS terrorist ragheads...

I'd rather be labeled an ignorant bigot than actually be a terrorist sympathizing whore.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I'd rather be labeled an ignorant bigot than actually be a terrorist sympathizing whore.
ROFL

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey Frankie, instead of neg reping me, stop being a pussy and say what you have top say in public.

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 11:47 AM
As far as your question regarding the body counts:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Yep, that is a totally unbiased accounting of the deaths.

What I would like to know is how many deaths are accounted to the "insurgents/terrorists"?

There are no unbiased accounts, this website is worthless as such.

memyselfI
09-14-2004, 12:03 PM

Ah, but I could disprove the label you are giving me. I think you have MORE THAN PROVEN the label I've given you... :thumb:

memyselfI
09-14-2004, 12:04 PM
You're right. Most of them are just a bunch of phuqin POS terrorist ragheads...

Ah, I see the cancer is spreading. Nice.

Donger
09-14-2004, 12:07 PM

Do you see the anti-American hatred that is prevalent throughout the Middle East as a cancer as well?

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Do you see the anti-American hatred that is prevalent throughout the Middle East as a cancer as well?

You will more than likely find that their hatred is justified (at least by them and meme).

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Ah, but I could disprove the label you are giving me. I think you have MORE THAN PROVEN the label I've given you... :thumb:

I didn't label you that. You brought it on yourself.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 12:46 PM

Of course she doesn't. She thinks America deserved 911.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM

That's your opinion of him.......Need I remind you, that opinions are like assholes, we've all got them and they all stink.......

Frankie
09-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Meme, and her friend Frankie, will say that all Americans are bigots because they don't want to leave Iraq.

You cannot use logic with these people (M&F) because they are blinded by their own anti-American bigotry.

Frankie called me a bigot (via PM) because he feels that I didn't have any sympathy for the 30,000 Iraqi's killed by U.S. oil interests. I better quote this directly. This is the message I sent him when I commented he could be al queda:

Originally Posted by r8er_h8er
Check the wording, I didn't say you was, I said you could be. There is a difference, and, just in case you missed it, there was more of a joke involved. Anyway, I no longer have access to the "known Al Queda" personnel in the U.S. The largest cell in the continental U.S. is in Orlando, FL.

If I actually thougth you were a member you would have had contact from the government. Trust me, I wouldn't turn someone in as a joke, the agency that deals with suspected members doesn't treat them with kid gloves.

As far as apologies, you need to consider who you are calling bigots!!! There are over 3,000 Americans dead (doesn't matter if they were white, black, yellow, or naturalized) that were killed by ME's between the age of 17-39, many Americans will tend to profile any ME looking individuals. It may not be right, but you need to consider things that you cannot possibly be aware of before you call someone a bigot.

When you retract your comments, I'll retract mine, but not before. Both MUST be in the open forum. You do not know me, nor my core values, but you throw yours up and I will follow suit.

That is his stance on who is a bigot, he is one so he thinks that all are.

Maybe I am, but I, as do many Americans, come by it honestly. We were attacked by Islamic Radical elements, we tend to hold them responsible for their actions, if that is a bigot, yes I am one.

Everytime I think you can't get any lower you surprise me. :shake:

Your statement, "Meme, and her friend Frankie, will say that all Americans are bigots because they don't want to leave Iraq." is a dirty lowdown trick to buy attention and sympathy from those who have not read this thread from the begining. You know that neither memyselfi nor I said what you manufactured as a quote. A true Bush/Rove crony. Lie loud enough and often enough and folks will believe it!

Also, you know full well YOU are the one who PMed me and NOT ME YOU! You brought up the bigot coment and I replied. It is just as easy for me to put up your initial PM contact with me on this open forum. Better yet, why don't you put up the whole exchange starting with your own initial PM which you conveniently forgot to mention.

Dirty maneuvers. :shake: You just proved I was right all along, about you and your political heroes.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:23 PM

Unlike you, I'm not running from what I've said.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Dirty maneuvers. :shake: You just proved I was right all along, about you and your political heroes.

ROFL

Dude, you're losing it. Get a grip, wipe away the tears, pick your self up off the floor, remove your thumb from your mouth and gather your bearings.

Frankie
09-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey Frankie, instead of neg reping me, stop being a pussy and say what you have top say in public.

WTF are you talking about? What neg rep?! :shrug: Are you lying on purpose or did you shoot up your lunch?!

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:31 PM
WTF are you talking about? What neg rep?! :shrug: Are you lying on purpose or did you shoot up your lunch?!

Hey dumbass, ask a mod to check my reps.

As a matter of fact I'll ask them myself, because you'll forget.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Everytime I think you can't get any lower you surprise me. :shake:

Your statement, "Meme, and her friend Frankie, will say that all Americans are bigots because they don't want to leave Iraq." is a dirty lowdown trick to buy attention and sympathy from those who have not read this thread from the begining. You know that neither memyselfi nor I said what you manufactured as a quote. A true Bush/Rove crony. Lie loud enough and often enough and folks will believe it!

Also, you know full well YOU are the one who PMed me and NOT ME YOU! You brought up the bigot coment and I replied. It is just as easy for me to put up your initial PM contact with me on this open forum. Better yet, why don't you put up the whole exchange starting with your own initial PM which you conveniently forgot to mention.

Frankie,.....The average poster here will form their own opinions about other posters. They don't need anyone else to do it for them.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey dumbass, ask a mod to check my reps.

As a matter of fact I'll ask them myself, because you'll forget.

You can copy and paste them from your file yourself...for us to see.... :)

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 03:17 PM LVNHACK nice..........
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 12:53 PM Patriot 21 POW!
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 12:44 PM r8er_h8er To help you regain what Frankie took. Got some spares, he's hitting me too!!
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 12:07 PM Donger Balance rep
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 11:50 AM BigChiefDave LOL
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-13-2004 12:02 PM Frankie Classless and bigotted.
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-13-2004 11:32 AM r8er_h8er Thanks for putting meme in her place.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
I hope that doesn't piss off the other guys.

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Everytime I think you can't get any lower you surprise me.

Also, you know full well you are the one who PMed me and NOT ME YOU! You brought up the bigot coment and I replied. It is just as easy for me to put up your initial PM contact with me on this open forum. Better yet, why don't you put up the whole exchange starting with your own initial PM which you conveniently forgot to mention.

Dirty maneuvers. You just proved I was right all along, about you and your political heroes.

Where did I say that you said anything? If you want to read what I said, look at the bold comments above.

You called me a bigot, the PM's were just an opportunity for you to come clean with your accusation. There is a good chance the I am bigoted, but at least I have the balls to admit that the attacks on the U.S. on 9/11 as well as the current situation in Iraq could lead me to that. I also said that I treat everyone I meet as a friend until they prove to be an asshole, you..my friend... are an asshole!

If you want it up, you'll have to put it up. I normally keep the PM box clear. I read and usually delete before the end of the day. Basically I don't care about your responses as well as don't care to re-read what I write. That way I can forget it without any record!!!!!!!! Try that on for size...........you don't matter, I don't matter so why don't you take your ME idealogies and GTFOOA.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 02:37 PM
I hope that doesn't piss off the other guys.

Nah; not when if proves Frankie to be a liar again.....twice in two weeks. Thought you were claiming it was only "once" you were wrong, Frankie.

I hate liars. REAL liars, not the one's libs CLAIM are liars. I'm from KS, but I like MO's motto...."show me."

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-14-2004 12:44 PM r8er_h8er To help you regain what Frankie took. Got some spares, he's hitting me too!!
Ooops: US fires on crow... 09-13-2004 11:32 AM r8er_h8er Thanks for putting meme in her place.

guess which one had the red dot next to it?

Frankie
09-14-2004, 02:40 PM

Hey LOSER,

You are talking about a rep more than a day old? Took your brain 24 hrs to process it?. I have not given you a neg rep today and that's what I responded to. Why don't you re-post your bigotted comment that got you the neg rep yesterday. Then leave the judgement to others.

I can also see how your friends are trading reps with you. How cheap and low. :shake:

Frankie
09-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Nah; not when if proves Frankie to be a liar again.....twice in two weeks. Thought you were claiming it was only "once" you were wrong, Frankie.

I hate liars. REAL liars, not the one's libs CLAIM are liars. I'm from KS, but I like MO's motto...."show me."

See post 172.

And if you do hate liars, welcom aboard. I'm proud of you. You are finally gonna vote against Bush. :clap:

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
The US is stating one thing happened. Eyewitnesses who were not involved in the shooting of the vehicle are saying another. Perhaps the video tape of the reporter's death will shed some light on the situation. But again, this will do NOTHING to help the US quash the insurgency .
What WILL help the US quash the insurgency meme?

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 02:47 PM

I will go on the record and say that Duck Dog should substitute the word Muslim for Arab.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey LOSER,

You are talking about a rep more than a day old? Took your brain 24 hrs to process it?. I have not given you a neg rep today and that's what I responded to. Why don't you re-post your bigotted comment that got you the neg rep yesterday. Then leave the judgement to others.

I can also see how your friends are trading reps with you. How cheap and low. :shake:

Hey LIAR,

I responded today because I have a life outside of CP and didn't read it until today. It's still the same thread, same topic.

So because you neg'd me yesterday, I can't respond today?

You're either a f^cking liar or brain dead retard who can't remember things from day to day which is it?

BTW, I never said you neg'd me today.

Cheap and low? ROFL I'm serious man, you are one good cry from becoming a girl.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey LOSER,

I can also see how your friends are trading reps with you. How cheap and low.

:shake:

OK, Dan Rather.... :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
See post 172.

And if you do hate liars, welcom aboard. I'm proud of you. You are finally gonna vote against Bush. :clap:

I said, "real" liars.....proven with unassailed facts and definitive evidence; of the type we now have against Dan Rather and John Kerry...

Frankie
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey LIAR,

I responded today because I have a life outside of CP and didn't read it until today. It's still the same thread, same topic.

So because you neg'd me yesterday, I can't respond today?

You're either a f^cking liar or brain retard who can't remember things from day to day which is it?

BTW, I never said you neg'd me today.

Cheap and low? ROFL I'm serious man, you are one good cry from becoming a girl.

Bye Dog,.....
(FLUSHHHHHHH....)

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
could just as easily strength Al Queda and other terrorist groups as weaken it, if Arabic perception of US actions and motives were not well-managed.

How many of these are now dead, let that be a number, call it X

Call the total number of problems a number, let it be Y. I consider Y to be constant because all the potential terrorists are already alive, and need to be put to death as soon as possible. I believe it is a falicy that killing more of them will somehow morph into Y becoming a larger number because they already hate us to the point of death, unmentionable hatred, almost as much as the Democrats hate Bush.

Y-X IS LESS THAN Y= the problem has diminished.
Where I disagree with Bush is the prosecution of the war should be maximized with respect to reducing the Y, he is much too compassionate with the enemy.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Bye Dog,.....
(FLUSHHHHHHH....)

ROFL
That's how you respond when proven wrong?

Be a man and admit it and we all will move on.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 02:56 PM
.... ROFL I'm serious man, you are one good cry from becoming a girl.

He should check with Hel'n for advice and counseling.....maybe they can get a group rate? How 'bout it, Hel'n? :hmmm:

ROFL

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
I will go on the record and say that Duck Dog should substitute the word Muslim for Arab.

Yep, I was wrong about the Persians (Iranians to the layman) being Arab.

You'd be surprised at what you can learn reading this board. :)

Donger
09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
See post 172.

Find that video yet Frankie?

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Frankie has a thing with the neg rep, as in, anyone he disagrees with politically he neg reps.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2004, 03:08 PM
hes to chicken to suicide bomb you.neg. rep is all hes got the balls for.

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 03:10 PM

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 03:11 PM

Nope. He hasn't....too busy; with his manicures, pedicures, and make-overs.... :rolleyes:

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 03:12 PM

Let me tell ya something........I like what someone says I'm throwing 'em rep. Isn't that what you're supposed to do........?????/

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
hes to chicken to suicide bomb you.neg. rep is all hes got the balls for.

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if Tom Ridge and the FBI have him under surveilence? :hmmm:

ROFL

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Let me tell ya something........I like what someone says I'm throwing 'em rep. Isn't that what you're supposed to do........?????/

may I answer for him?

Bye, LVNHACK....flushhhhh

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Frankie has a thing with the neg rep, as in, anyone he disagrees with politically he neg reps.

Must be a cultural thing for Arab/Iranians...

stone-ings (stonings), suicide bombings, and "neg repping"..... :)

Sh*t, now I'm a target.... :banghead:

Matt Helm
09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Wonder if Tom Ridge and the FBI have him under surveilence? :hmmm:

ROFL

Need a link?

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Need a link?

Nah; I suspect he's already on their list.... ROFL

Frankie
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM

Damn lie and you know it. The neg rep in question was due to his classless profanity and bigotry. He is too yellow to bring it up.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 03:23 PM

Nothing like shooting for the sky, eh?

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Damn lie and you know it. The neg rep in question was due to his classless profanity and bigotry. He is too yellow to bring it up.

Eh, dude...it's in THIS thread. ROFL

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 03:30 PM

Bring it up? To yellow? Hell that's nothing I wouldn't say to your face.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
What prejudice do you have against yellow people Frankie?

The Jaundice and Liver impaired Americans aren't going to be pleased to hear that.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Eh, dude...it's in THIS thread. ROFL

:shake: .........Jeezus friggin Allah......... ROFL

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 03:36 PM

here is what I said;

For someone who isn't an Arab, you sure got pissy about it.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Duck Dog, ya want me to quote ya for him...........:evil:

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Duck Dog, ya want me to quote ya for him...........:evil:

You bet, let's have it.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Frankie

here is what I said;

Originally Posted by Frankie

memyselfI
09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Unlike you, I'm not running from what I've said.

Who is running. You have more than proved my point in this thread and with some help from others I might add.

Great job guys. Looks like your afternoon bigotfest was caught on film. :thumb:

http://www.evidencesofcreation.com/images_solution/kkk2.jpg

Frankie
09-14-2004, 04:41 PM
here is what I said;
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get it. I'm not an Arab, therefore your statement is classy. :shake: This kind of reasoning-challenged mentality is exactly what the Bush campaign is counting on.

BTW, I bet there is a silent majority on this BB that considers your statement classless, bigotted and well worthy of a neg rep. I stand by that rep. Plus, looks like your cohort 8er already gave you a cheap-ass rep just to compensate for it anyway. So what are you bitching about?

Patriot 21
09-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Who is running.

You obviously aren't from the looks of your @ss and thighs. 4321

Frankie
09-14-2004, 04:53 PM
You obviously aren't from the looks of your @ss and thighs. 4321

What is it with the Reich-wing posters that everything for them has to be a direct personal attack. Do you get so desperate to have the last say when you are ALWAYS wrong and you know it? What does one's looks or your obviously biased description of it have to do with the subject at hand? :shrug:

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Problem is Frankie goes to Hollywood, RELAXs when we wants to come with the neg rep all the time.

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 05:12 PM

Sh*t, now I'm a target.... :banghead:
You better be careful, you are just going to inflame the hatred....

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 05:16 PM
FUG SHIT Da@m W%ore B###INNG Biotch. FUUUUUUUUUUUGGG.

Is that all I have to do to get negged by you???

FUG MAN, STop it I fugging can't take it. since I am gonna get negged I might as well get as much fuggin profanity as I can fuggin pump?

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
What is it with the Reich-wing posters that everything for them has to be a direct personal attack.

Personally, I didn't play the game, and I won't. Hatred and bigotry come in all packages from all races and from both sides of the political fence, including many on this thread. However, I am not adverse to pointing out the irony in your own statement. This is multiple times now that you have used the "Nazi" term to refer to "right wings". Don't you feel the least embarrassed for complaining about bigotry when you display your own?

And please don't hand down that 3rd grade excuse "they started it". You are just as guilty.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
....What does one's looks or your obviously biased description of it have to do with the subject at hand? :shrug:

So, YOU are sayin' Duhnese has a flabby azz? That's pretty insensitive and bigoted of you.... :shake:

Personally, I just took it as a damn joke; I doubt we have a "picture" of that.....lighten up, Vern. :rolleyes:

Frankie
09-14-2004, 05:48 PM
FUG SHIT Da@m W%ore B###INNG Biotch. FUUUUUUUUUUUGGG.

Is that all I have to do to get negged by you???

FUG MAN, STop it I fugging can't take it. since I am gonna get negged I might as well get as much fuggin profanity as I can fuggin pump?

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM

I knew you and mememe where the same.........

Frankie
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Personally, I didn't play the game, and I won't. Hatred and bigotry come in all packages from all races and from both sides of the political fence, including many on this thread. However, I am not adverse to pointing out the irony in your own statement. This is multiple times now that you have used the "Nazi" term to refer to "right wings". Don't you feel the least embarrassed for complaining about bigotry when you display your own?

And please don't hand down that 3rd grade excuse "they started it". You are just as guilty.

I have NEVER knowingly included you, nor many other right-wingers in that description. But those who chose on-line thuggery and profane bully tactics paint themselves right into it. Much like the pre-ww2 tactics used during the Reich. The shoe fits.

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I have NEVER knowingly included you, nor many other right-wingers in that description. But those who chose on-line thuggery and profane bully tactics paint themselves right into it. Much like the pre-ww2 tactics used during the Reich. The shoe fits.
First of all, there is nothing comparable to name calling and the brutal torture and genocidical attempts of the most recent German Empire. I agree some of the statements on this thread were over the top. I certainly wouldn't make them, but they are not in the same historical vein as Kristalnacht or outright murder to assume control of certain governmental aspects.

But back to the original sentence. What would your reaction be to someone who publically stated the following sentence "I can't stand the way the dumassocrats try to think" and then attempted to retract by saying "I didn't mean all Democrats, just the stupid ones"? You would be all over them, and rightfully so. Your statement was no different.

Yes, I agree, there is plenty of bigotry directly on this thread. I think you are being dog-piled and I think some of the statements being made are false. I just think it belittles you to complain about it by using bigotry of your own.

KCHawg
09-14-2004, 08:01 PM
To kill them just perpetuates the same mistakes that started this insurgency in Fallujah in April...

and it will further inspire more insurgents.

Morons

Loki
09-14-2004, 08:46 PM
That is not my view that is the just the way it is.

but it IS your view. always has been. big bad America. look at the title and content of your thread(s).

did you happen to notice the car bombing today? or did it not matter to you because Americans weren't behind it?

c'mon.... who's actions are really misguided here???

memyselfI
09-14-2004, 08:57 PM
but it IS your view. always has been. big bad America. look at the title and content of your thread(s).

did you happen to notice the car bombing today? or did it not matter to you because Americans weren't behind it?

What do you want me to say? Unlike most Cons, I have admitted that there are now terrorists there that have infiltrated Iraq since SH's fall. However, to pretend like the insurgents are just a handful of terrorists trying to undermine the US effort is naive at best, willful ignorance more likely.

This has nothing to do with the generalization of 'big bad America' this has everything to do with America making BIG BAD CHOICES...

The US faces a growing problem of people unhappy with the US being there and unable to secure the country either with the help of the 'Iraqi security forces' or by themselves. With this growing problem the disenfranchised will likely either take up the insurgents cause if the US is lucky, the terrorist cause if they are not. :mad:

Loki
09-14-2004, 09:06 PM

what the hell are you smoking? reich-wingers?

i don't get the part where being conservative automatically makes someone a nazi... last time i checked, i wasn't goose stepping anywhere.

seems to me you're just as guilty of name-calling. rather hypocritical no?

Patriot 21
09-14-2004, 09:18 PM

Dead Solid Perfect........and that's rep! X 1,000 :thumb:

Loki
09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
What do you want me to say? Unlike most Cons, I have admitted that there are now terrorists there that have infiltrated Iraq since SH's fall. However, to pretend like the insurgents are just a handful of terrorists trying to undermine the US effort is naive at best, willful ignorance more likely.

This has nothing to do with the generalization of 'big bad America' this has everything to do with America making BIG BAD CHOICES...

The US faces a growing problem of people unhappy with the US being there and unable to secure the country either with the help of the 'Iraqi security forces' or by themselves. With this growing problem the disenfranchised will likely either take up the insurgents cause if the US is lucky, the terrorist cause if they are not. :mad:

1. say "AMERICA ROCKS!" and leave it at that... ;)

2. when have i EVER made the mistake of NOT saying there are two groups (both insurgents and terrorists) that are operating in iraq. you'd best re-read my posts. i have ALWAYS included both factions. that would be like saying the viet cong and khemer rouge were all NVA.
the insurgents have the purpose of fighting the "occupancy"
the terrorist are there to just f*ck sh*t up (and they have/are).

3. don't call me nieve or willfully ignorant. i am neither.

4. c'mon ... your threads are pretty much all the same. perhaps you WISH to come across as pointing out "big bad mistakes" but i for one don't see your point(s) in that manner. i don't think MANY people see them in that manner. you pretty much come across as trashing the US, and even worse trashing our soldiers. wrong thing to do.

5. the US faces a bunch of people who have ridiculous expectations with time limits and a nice pretty bow to wrap it all up in. our own nation is well over 200 years of age. does our democracy work better in theory or practice? how do you expect a fledgeling nation still in struggle to tie up all the loose ends in a matter of minutes? completely unrealistic. so what do the disenfranchised do? look for someone to point the finger at and blame, or get off their fence-sitting a$$es and do something about it?

YOU of all people know the answer to that....

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 09:31 PM
....those who chose on-line thuggery and profane bully tactics paint themselves right into it. Much like the pre-ww2 tactics used during the Reich. The shoe fits.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie....you really need to get laid, don't you? A good old-fashioned drunk wouldn't hurt you either (just be sure you can sleep in the next day, eh?)

Either you have absolutely NO sense of humor; or you take yourself and life entirely to seriously. Maybe both. Probably both.

In any event, this is a damn discussion board; most of us are here to "escape," to be silly, and to have fun....sorry if you feel it's at your expense, but you bring this sh*t on yourself. I've been guilty of it on occaision as well.

LIGHTEN THE HELL UP, VERN!!! :shake:

Maybe this will break a smile for you; it's one of my favorites.... :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey, Frankie....if you get real mad at me or Wolf or Duck Dog or the other cons here, you can just imagine THIS is us at our computers--and you can have the last laugh, hmmmmmkaaaaayyyy?

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I was hopin' that might kill the thread. ROFL

:)

Frankie
09-14-2004, 09:59 PM
what the hell are you smoking? reich-wingers?

i don't get the part where being conservative automatically makes someone a nazi... last time i checked, i wasn't goose stepping anywhere.

seems to me you're just as guilty of name-calling. rather hypocritical no?

I can stand up to name-callers. I have proven it numerous times. I can dish out as much as I receive or even more. But you can never accuse me of initiating it. I believe EVERYBODY deserves my respect until they prove that they don't.

Loki
09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey, Frankie....if you get real mad at me or Wolf or Duck Dog or the other cons here, you can just imagine THIS is us at our computers--and you can have the last laugh, hmmmmmkaaaaayyyy?

ROFL

S-S-SANTA??? :eek:

my childhood image of the "jolly fat-man" has been destroyed.
:deevee:

(dude... i DON'T want to know where you found that picture... really.)

Loki
09-14-2004, 10:06 PM
I can stand up to name-callers. I have proven it numerous times. I can dish out as much as I receive or even more. But you can never accuse me of initiating it. I believe EVERYBODY deserves my respect until they prove that they don't.

eye of the tiger man... eye of the tiger.

anyways... i hope you don't think ALL of us conservatives are nazi's/bullies/whatever.

Donger
09-14-2004, 10:37 PM

BigMeatballDave
09-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Do you see the anti-American hatred that is prevalent throughout the Middle East as a cancer as well?Nice!

go bowe
09-15-2004, 02:39 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31577&stc=1
ROFLgo bo??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh, wait...

Duck Dog
09-15-2004, 06:30 AM
To kill them just perpetuates the same mistakes that started this insurgency in Fallujah in April...

and it will further inspire more insurgents.

Morons

Hugging them didn't work.

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2004, 06:38 AM
S-S-SANTA??? :eek:

my childhood image of the "jolly fat-man" has been destroyed.
:deevee:

(dude... i want to know where you found that picture... really.)

It's amazing what you can find in a Yahoo/Google image search.... ROFL

memyselfI
09-15-2004, 07:37 AM

Do you see that the same 'hatred has increased in some cases two fold on a worldwide level since 9/11. :hmmm:

Radar Chief
09-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Do you see that the same 'hatred has increased in some cases two fold on a worldwide level since 9/11. :hmmm:

ROFL Can’t answer the question, huh? Go figure.

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2004, 07:40 AM

Damn it, Duhnese; would you quit tryin' to HI-JACK this thread? :cuss:

Don't you have a stoning or suicide bombing to attend? :hmmm:

:p

Donger
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM

Is there some reason you didn't answer my question?

mlyonsd
09-15-2004, 07:44 AM

Yes the world's gratuitous pity turned to scorn once we stood up and did something about 911. F'em.

Cntrygal
09-15-2004, 07:46 AM

and you expected her too?

Donger
09-15-2004, 07:48 AM

Sure. It was a pretty simple question.

Radar Chief
09-15-2004, 07:52 AM

Not really, at least not me, she’s already proven that she can’t provide that which she vehemently demands of others.

I believe there’s a word that describes someone like that.

memyselfI
09-15-2004, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Loki]1. say "AMERICA ROCKS!" and leave it at that... ;)

QUOTE]

1. Agreed America as the people and the country rocks. America as defined by (which I reject) its government policies SUCK.

2. I don't recall saying you specifically. I said Cons. If you are not one of them in denial about the situation then good for you...you are in a VAST minority. :thumb:

3. see point #2.

4. Wrong, my points are about TERRIBLE FOREIGN and DOMESTIC POLICIES eminating from our government. I am quite able to differentiate between America the country and the people and the principles vs. the American government.

I am not trashing the soldiers because they are being used to perpetuate a dangerous and stupid foreign policy. But it is not they who created the conditions that:

1. claimed "Mission Accomplished" and then saw more of themselves die in a worsening mission

2. a don't ask/don't tell policy regarding abuse in the prisons

3. a failed post-war plan that fired Iraqi security forces and left the security of the country in a vaccum and under their watch

4. nor was it their idea to go in without a clue as to a way out

5. neither did they ignore the protestations within DUHbya's OWN ADMINSTRATION which warned the plan was flawed before they went in because they ignored warnings and predictions from scholars, foreign government officials, and moderate think tanks which predicted much of the scenario that occured would occure.

6. it is not their fault if they believed their VP that they'd be welcomed with flowers and opened arms...they were not asked if they believe Ahkmed Chalibi. Or that they falsely believed what Cheney and Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz believed that the thrill of American democracy would be so overwhelmingly a positive and welcomed force that it would spread across the country and then the region with little resistance.

7. nor were they insinuating they'd be in and out in a short time with as few as 5k soldiers. IIRC some military officials said at least 200k were needed but the belief in the 'flowers theory' was so pervasive that a large force and/or large international coalition was not needed.

8. I don't recall the soldiers or the military failing at diplomacy and issuing threats and alienating allies while inflaming enemies. Nor is it their fault they are now being asked to return again and again or be forced to stay longer than promised because of the failed international diplomacy that would have led to much needed relief and assistance.

All the soldiers are guilty of is having to be the bullseye because of the items listed above. In NO WAY do I fault them. I see them as just one of the many in a growing list of victims of failed policies coming from the WH.

5. Utter BS. The US was the one who issued timelimits and deadlines. The Iraqis are quite used to dealing with uncertainty and with the lack of 'democracy'. What they are not used to and will never be used to is having foreign troops occupy their land and dictate to them how to run the country. The time limits the WH offered was to pacify the folks into believing the US would not be there very long. But it's utter crap. The situation has worsened and the Iraqis see the mess that has been created 'for' them and they know better than anyone else that the fallout will last way past the American government tires of Iraq or bleeds the country's blood or oil dry...

their history tells them.

memyselfI
09-15-2004, 08:03 AM

Ah, ye of the yes or no mentality...Which came first here...

the chicken or the egg?

NO DOUBT do I see anti-American hatred spreading....WELL DUH. I predicted this THREE YEARS AGO. You want me to be surprised or shocked it's happened or give you any reason for me to appear to deny it. Not gonna happen...

And FTR, its going to get worse before it gets better. Mark my words.

Donger
09-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Ah, ye of the yes or no mentality...Which came first here...

the chicken or the egg?

NO DOUBT do I see anti-American hatred spreading....WELL DUH. I predicted this THREE YEARS AGO. You want me to be surprised or shocked it's happened or give you any reason for me to appear to deny it. Not gonna happen...

What exactly had we done that led to the anti-American hatred that caused 9/11?

memyselfI
09-15-2004, 08:12 AM
What exactly had we done that led to the anti-American hatred that caused 9/11?

A group of terrorists caused 9/11 not the entire Muslim world which has since lost their sympathy, and that of other countries, for the US because it lost 3k innocent victims when they have since killed around 3x that many. :hmmm:

stevieray
09-15-2004, 08:14 AM

Of cousre it will, hateful people like you will make sure of it.

Donger
09-15-2004, 08:15 AM
A group of terrorists caused 9/11 not the entire Muslim world which has since lost their sympathy, and that of other countries, for the US because it lost 3k innocent victims when they have since killed around 3x that many. :hmmm:

The entire Muslim world, eh?

I suppose that you've conveniently forgotten the cheering crowds in "Palestine" on 9/11 after hearing the news.

Radar Chief
09-15-2004, 08:15 AM

Just what “sympathy” would you be talking ‘bout? When they (pick a country) danced in the streets, held parades and threw candy to children to mourn our loss? ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Damn it, Duhnese; would you quit tryin' to HI-JACK this thread? :cuss:

Don't you have a stoning or suicide bombing to attend? :p