PDA

View Full Version : Making my stand on Kitty Kelley's book

NewChief
09-14-2004, 05:20 AM
I haven't read the book, but I just read salon's interview with her and saw some quotes from the book. It sounds way, way, waaaaaay too mean-spirited and vitriolic to do any harm to the Bush campaign. I'm really sick of this shit from "my" side. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2004, 06:55 AM
She's a kook; that's for sure.... :shake:

It's refreshing to hear someone "on your side" condemn this stuff. I'm no fan of mudslinging either....and both sides are guilty....

NewChief
09-14-2004, 06:58 AM

It's refreshing to hear someone "on your side" condemn this stuff. I'm no fan of mudslinging either....and both sides are guilty....

Claiming that Barbara made fun of W. and taunted him with prolonged family cocktail hours, after he was a recovering alcoholic, is just a little too far-fetched.

Here's the salon description of it:

In one of the creepier passages of the book, a family gathering from hell at Kennebunkport, Maine, Barbara is shown mercilessly baiting her dry-drunk son, then governor of Texas, as a teetotaling "Chosen One," while he keeps pleading to skip the cocktails and put on the feed bag, and his elderly father "drools over [TV newswoman] Paula Zahn's legs."

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Her interview with Matt Lauer (spelling?) showed her to be just as you pointed out.

He nailed her on several inconsistencies and she just repeated the same lines over and over again like a mantra to protect herself from his questions.

Lightning Rod
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM

:thumb: rep