PDA

View Full Version : Teresa Kerry- Bush unwilling to change

Lightning Rod
09-14-2004, 12:43 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=5&u=/ap/20040914/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1

By EMILY FREDRIX, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry said Monday that President Bush (news - web sites) is unwilling to change, a character flaw that shows "inattention and indifference" rather than strength.

Speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, the wife of Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) said her husband is a more capable leader who would respond to issues important to Hispanics, something she said the Republican incumbent has not done.
She said of her husband, "His value in understanding complexity and not being afraid to face it and take action and follow through have been a trademark throughout his life."
Of Bush, the Republican-turned-Democrat said the president "demonstrates he cannot and will not change. The president thinks this shows strength when all it shows is inattention and indifference."
Voters see Bush as the more decisive of the two candidates, according to a recent Associated Press-Ipsos poll. Of registered voters, 75 percent labeled Bush as decisive while 37 percent described Kerry that way.
But along with the ability to decide comes stubbornness, many believe. Bush is considered stubborn by 75 percent of the people polled, Kerry 39 percent.
Heinz Kerry's 30-minute talk focused on health care, education and jobs. She received a standing ovation when she said her husband would sign into law the "DREAM ACT" if elected president. The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act would allow undocumented young people to become legal U.S. residents, a status that could earn them in-state college tuition and other benefits.
Said Steve Schmidt, a spokesman for the Bush-Cheney campaign: "John Kerry has taken eight positions on the war in Iraq and has taken both sides of nearly every important issue facing America today."
___
Separately, in an interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, she reacted negatively to the title of first lady but listed women from Eleanor Roosevelt to Betty Ford to Nancy Reagan as inspirational presidents' wives.
Asked by designer Kenneth Cole, who conducted the interview, about her feeling toward the term first lady, Heinz Kerry said, "Ick. There will be a first man one of these days, a first gent, I hope. First lady, I don't know. I always said having three sons, two male dogs and my late husband, I was the only first lady at my house."
If her husband is elected president, Heinz Kerry said her style would neither be that of Barbara Bush nor Hillary Rodham Clinton, in part because she has her own work and own identity.
"I would be his good friend, telling him when he was doing right and helping him when he wasn't," she said.
Heinz Kerry said the first ladies who inspired her were Roosevelt, Rosalynn Carter, Abigail Adams, Ford, who was "someone overcoming a lot — drink, cancer, tough times during Watergate," and Reagan, who was "very ladylike ... and very strong."
Fashionwise, Heinz Kerry said she likes Oscar de la Renta, often wears Ralph Lauren and sometimes buys clothes off the rack.

She said her favorite ketchup color was green.

mlyonsd
09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Green ketchup is ok, but I can't stand eating the purple stuff. It just aint right.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 12:49 PM
When did she receive permission to speak?

Lightning Rod
09-14-2004, 12:51 PM
"She received a standing ovation when she said her husband would sign into law the "DREAM ACT" if elected president. The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act would allow undocumented young people to become legal U.S. residents, a status that could earn them in-state college tuition and other benefits."

Standing ovation? WTF? I have no problem with her spinning Kerry’s the flexibility thing but, someone tell me why “undocumented young people” AKA illegal aliens should get a discount on tuition.

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Cool - The Dream Act is fantastic.

I always wanted federal and state funds to pay for illegal aliens to go to school when our own kids can't afford it.

Maybe next we can just start shipping raw goods to Mexico for free?

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Companies outsourcing their jobs for profit is bad?

Our own Government paying Mexicans to go to school so they can take our jobs is good?

OK, got it.

Cochise
09-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Free education for illegal aliens when we can't even get the domestic kids to read. That's the stupidest :#cking thing I've ever heard.

And we all know Teresa has no trouble changing, she switches parties at the drop of a marriage!

BIG_DADDY
09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
The best thing about Teresa is she won't shut up.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 04:25 PM
I'll bet that plastic old bat hasn't changed Her Bush since Feathered hair was In.

LVNHACK
09-14-2004, 04:36 PM
That explains why she hooked up with skerry.......He changes his mind everyday sometimes more...........

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I'll bet that plastic old bat hasn't changed Her Bush since Feathered hair was In.
ROFL

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Since when was feathered bush ever in?

Dorito or landing strip?

Neither, mullet!! :eek:

Cochise
09-14-2004, 04:46 PM

Dorito or landing strip?

I wish I didn't know what you were talking about.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 04:48 PM

Dorito or landing strip?

Everytime I see your avatar, I can't wait for the next season!

HC_Chief
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Oh I see, John Kerry isn't a vascillating indecisive twit, he's avoiding "inattention and indifference"; showing his 'strength'.

Got it! :thumb:

dumb broad. I can't believe they(flip-flop's campaign) actually let her speak in public

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Everytime I see your avatar, I can't wait for the next season!
I'm toying with a change, now that I have witnessed the BRILLIANCE that is Jeff on Coupling.

Duck Dog
09-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm toying with a change, now that I have witnessed the BRILLIANCE that is Jeff on Coupling.

I haven't a clue what that is.

Swearingens more to my liking.

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 05:09 PM
I haven't a clue what that is.

Swearingens more to my liking.
Coupling sucked in it's American iteration on NBC, but it's source was a BBC comedy that had the Friends configuration of 3 guys, 3 gals and their intertwined sex lives, . . . then added a Seinfeldian level of attention to minutiae and dwelling on quirks [ie, a protracted discussion of the 'sock zone' where, as you are undressing for 'the act' it's imperative to get the socks off immediately after the shoes, or at the very least IMMEDIATELY after the pants, or you're a guy standing around in nothing but his socks].

Jeff reminds one of a shaggy British Jimmy Fallon and he drives much of the guy talk. He categorizes everything about the opposite sex and has a theory on each aspect as well. Also, when he gets worked up, he lets slip some of the abuse his mother heaped on him in his teenage years, hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/coupling/quotes/images/jeff.jpg

alpha_omega
09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
That settles it...its Hunts from now on!

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 08:21 PM

Dorito or landing strip?

Wouldn't that be more like a Mud Flap?

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Wouldn't that be more like a Mud Flap?
Maybe in back . . .