PDA

View Full Version : Field Position and Dante week 2

TNTEICHER
09-15-2004, 05:04 PM
I expect Dante to have a better week with the special teams this week. Field position shouldn't suck near as badly as it did last weekend.
Carolina's kicker Kasay had an average of 46.7 and 0 touchbacks compared to Knorr's 68.4 and 6 touchbacks. Carolina's punter Sauerbrun had an average of 43.4 while Denver's punter had a 56.5 average. Run Dante run.
Now the coverage units need to step it up.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2004, 05:10 PM
On that note about Micha Knorr. He received the AFC Special Teams Player of the week... now, I'm not a big fan of tracking special teams success, but do you think he got that b/c he really had a great game.

Or, was it simply b/c of shutting down the X-Factor?

I'm not being a smug prick when I ask this ... I saw that he won it and wondered, had he done that against the Texans at Mile High, would anyone care or have noticed?

I'm thinking it's just b/c of the fact that Dante was on the other side. I dunno.

TNTEICHER
09-15-2004, 05:13 PM
On that note about Micha Knorr. He received the AFC Special Teams Player of the week... now, I'm not a big fan of tracking special teams success, but do you think he got that b/c he really had a great game.

I'm not being a smug prick when I ask this ... I saw that he won it and wondered, had he done that against the Texans at Mile High, would anyone care or have noticed?

I'm thinking it's just b/c of the fact that Dante was on the other side. I dunno.

He had a good game but any kicker worth his salt could kick to the endzone in the thin air of Invesco.

KCFANinNC
09-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Not sure, Carolina has some VERY good ST coverage.

Count Alex's Losses
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Sauerbrun is king of the line drive.

Dante gets #1 this week.

ZootedGranny
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
If the Chiefs can get some stops, Dante should have a big day, as Sauerbrun usually outkicks his coverage and bombs them straight up the middle.

In fact, during a Pro Bowl special, Dante said if he could return a punt against anyone, it'd be Sauerbrun because they're perfect for returning.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2004, 07:54 PM

Dante gets #1 this week.

Hopefully its a punt, cause I only want to see one kickoff from the Panthers.

Bowser
09-15-2004, 08:01 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head. Unless it was the field goal in your 10 point victory at home in primetime that put the voters over the top.

Or else, there was some REALLY bad Special Team play through the AFC last Sunday!

unlurking
09-15-2004, 08:18 PM

Dante gets #1 this week.
Here's to hoping for #1 AND #2.

Edit:

And no, I don't think he would have gotten player of the week against someone other than Dante.