PDA

View Full Version : Good news for the defense?

htismaqe
09-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I only caught this partially because Keitzman was so busy ranting and raving about Eric Hicks and Dick Vermeil's math, but...

It sounds like they were working Browning at DE because of Holliday's injury and are considering starting Siavii on Sunday. Vermeil said he's coming along ALOT faster than he expected.

Count Zarth
09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
That's cool. I was suprised to see the big fella in there so early during the game Sunday night.

He did well though, who would have ever thought he would get a sack in his first game, eh Vlad?

Personally I think Browning is a bit small to be playing inside.

the Talking Can
09-15-2004, 05:47 PM
oh please lord!

we only have 4 DTs, so I don't know if we can run that lineup all the time, we may have to rotate Browning inside and outside...but I'm convinced Browning is stronger against the run than Holliday...

Bob Dole
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
There's mention of that in today's Q&A on kcchiefs.com

Chieficus
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Good...maybe we'll contain 'Jake part deux' if this one tries any bootlegs...

htismaqe
09-15-2004, 06:11 PM
oh please lord!

we only have 4 DTs, so I don't know if we can run that lineup all the time, we may have to rotate Browning inside and outside...but I'm convinced Browning is stronger against the run than Holliday...

Maybe we could drop somebody and re-sign Downing...

I'm just trying to think where we're carrying an extra guy. I wish we could just cut Holliday.

go bowe
09-15-2004, 06:19 PM

I'm just trying to think where we're carrying an extra guy. I wish we could just cut Holliday.sombeody suggested that we could drop fred jones once mitchell gets back...

htismaqe
09-15-2004, 06:25 PM
sombeody suggested that we could drop fred jones once mitchell gets back...

Jones plays on ST. I wonder if he's filling in for Beisel? If that's the case, and Mitchell regains the starting MLB spot, then it would probably work.

milkman
09-15-2004, 06:26 PM
I wish we could just cut Holliday.

That's a freakin' dream.
Dick is pretty set on the idea that a vet can't lose his job as the result of an injury.
He also seems to think that Holliday is playing pretty well.
I'm trying to figure out which games he is watching.

whoman69
09-15-2004, 06:31 PM

I'm just trying to think where we're carrying an extra guy. I wish we could just cut Holliday.
7 LBs for 3 LB spots. Fred Jones.

whoman69
09-15-2004, 06:38 PM
sombeody suggested that we could drop fred jones once mitchell gets back...
That would be me.
After Kawika comes back, I see no reason to keep Jones. At that point we could cut him and resign Downing. Browning is an underachiever at DT but every now and then he makes a great play as he did against Denver on the goalline last year. He would be far more productive on the end.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98611&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Jones

philfree
09-15-2004, 06:46 PM
I think we'll be better with Browning at DE instead of Holliday. To me it looks like Holliday loses focus and it causes him to break from his responsibilities. If healthy Holliday will have to be in the rotation but we should try and limit his snaps. Maybe he'll be better in that role.

PhilFree :arrow:

SNR
09-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Our season is over, remember? I say we put all of our young guys in this year and really suck it up good so they'll have experience for next year and we can get the #1 overrall pick next year.

(Yes, I'm being sarcastic)