PDA

View Full Version : Rod Smith comments on "Home of the Chieeeefs"!

DTLB58
09-15-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm watching NFL network and they are showing NFL presents tonight, just little 10-15 minute clips on several different topics.

This one was about feelings players and coaches have right before kickoff.

Rod Smith says "were in Kansas city and right at the end of the national anthem where they say home of the brave, 75,000 all at once instead, say Home of the Chiefs. The first time I heard that it scared the crap out of me. ROFL I thought oh shit, they're gonna jump us. :)
Ever since then I look forward to hearing that when we play there.

Frazod
09-15-2004, 08:00 PM
ROFL

Sure-Oz
09-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Rod Smith went to Missouri Southern State College, now known as Missouri Southern State University, how do i know, i used to go there, they had a nice painting of him the athletic dept. and a jersey etc, pretty cool.

DTLB58
09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Rod Smith went to Missouri Southern State College, now known as Missouri Southern State University, how do i know, i used to go there, they had a nice painting of him the athletic dept. and a jersey etc, pretty cool.

So maybe he likes the Chiefs, just a little

unlurking
09-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Rod is one of the few Donx I like. I always liked Mecklenberg too. The rest can pretty much "suck my baows"!

KingPriest2
09-15-2004, 08:18 PM

When did you go there I went there from 91 to 96 Econ and Fin major.

I know several people that know him and all claim he is a dick. My wife had one of his kids in her TLC class. that is a class where they are taken our of their regular classes and put into a class to readjust Transitional Learning Center

Sure-Oz
09-15-2004, 08:43 PM
I went there for about a year and half, probably fall of 2000 to spring of 2001. I left joplin shortly after that cause I found a school i could go to that was closer to home. I went with a friend there originally. I liked the school alot and the price wasn't bad at all to go there. I was just able to come back home and save more money. It annoyed me though alot of stlouis fans around that time down there.

Phobia
09-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Bob Dole will be here shortly to tell us he isn't a dick.

Taco John
09-15-2004, 09:01 PM
My wife had one of his kids in her TLC class.

They probably would have had an easier time delivering it in the hospital.

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 09:03 PM
They probably would have had an easier time delivering it in the hospital. ROFLROFL Oh hell...

Phobia
09-15-2004, 09:05 PM
My wife had one of his kids in her TLC class.

....and Donkey fans give us shit about DT's kids?

Skip Towne
09-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Bob Dole will be here shortly to tell us he isn't a dick.
....but we all know better.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Rod Smith went to Missouri Southern State College, now known as Missouri Southern State University, how do i know, i used to go there, they had a nice painting of him the athletic dept. and a jersey etc, pretty cool.That place isn't so bad for a juco... :)

2bikemike
09-15-2004, 09:45 PM
I know home of the Chieefs always gives me goose bumps.

morphius
09-15-2004, 10:03 PM
I know home of the Chieefs always gives me goose bumps.
That was my exact thought when I saw the title.

What a rush.

TEX
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Especially when a Stealth Fighter goes flying overhead at the same time! :thumb:

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Rod smith comes from nothing...he keeps a food stamp in his wallet to remind him of that. There was a time when he had control issues. He felt like he had to control everything in his life and would lash-out if he didn't. He got help and it changed his life.

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Rod smith comes from nothing...he keeps a food stamp in his wallet to remind him of that. There was a time when he had control issues. He felt like he had to control everything in his life and would lash-out if he didn't. He got help and it changed his life. Really? He's a hell of a WR, I'll give him that.

TEX
09-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Rod smith comes from nothing...he keeps a food stamp in his wallet to remind him of that. There was a time when he had control issues. He felt like he had to control everything in his life and would lash-out if he didn't. He got help and it changed his life.

That's pretty cool. Too bad there aren't more like him in the NFL...

SnapDogg
09-15-2004, 10:47 PM
A few years back after the Chiefs had kicked the $hit out of the Donks at home a Joplin sportscaster tried to interview Smitty, he wouldn't talk to him, after that I've viewed him as a PRICK!

InChiefsHell
09-15-2004, 10:54 PM
A few years back after the Chiefs had kicked the $hit out of the Donks at home a Joplin sportscaster tried to interview Smitty, he wouldn't talk to him, after that I've viewed him as a PRICK!
Well, after all, the guy did just get his ass kicked. I'd cut him a little slack...

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2004, 11:10 PM
A few years back after the Chiefs had kicked the $hit out of the Donks at home a Joplin sportscaster tried to interview Smitty, he wouldn't talk to him, after that I've viewed him as a PRICK!Did you read your post? Given that situation, I might not talk much either...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't mind him with the Chiefs when he was in his prime. Heck, he's still better.

OldTownChief
09-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Good thing he looks forward to hearing it cause he's gonna hear it in a big was come Dec. Seriously I've heard a lot of players give us props for that over the years, even Shannon SharpE

It is so cool to watch friends I've been with for their first time in Arrowhead.

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 12:31 AM
So maybe he likes the Chiefs, just a little

He definitely doesn't like someone sitting across the table brandishing a Chiefs lighter...

2bikemike
09-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Good thing he looks forward to hearing it cause he's gonna hear it in a big was come Dec. Seriously I've heard a lot of players give us props for that over the years, even Shannon SharpE

It is so cool to watch friends I've been with for their first time in Arrowhead.

I have a friend that always phones me when the National Anthem plays so I can hear it. I have never told her I can't really make out anything being screamed. I think the amount of noise phugs up the phones sound quality.

kc hopeful
09-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Especially when a Stealth Fighter goes flying overhead at the same time! :thumb:

Looking forward to hearing the National Anthem this Sunday at
Arrowhead!

Ari Chi3fs
09-16-2004, 01:46 AM
I wonder who the Home of the Chieeeeeeeeeefs got started. I remember going to my first game at Arrowhead KC vs Seattle, where DT got 7 sacks on Krieg and almost got #8, and we lost with that bomb to Scott Skansi...

Home of the Chieeeeeeefs hadnt been originated yet. I wonder who/how got it going.

KcMizzou
09-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I wonder who the Home of the Chieeeeeeeeeefs got started. I remember going to my first game at Arrowhead KC vs Seattle, where DT got 7 sacks on Krieg and almost got #8, and we lost with that bomb to Scott Skansi...

Home of the Chieeeeeeefs hadnt been originated yet. I wonder who/how got it going. No kidding? I thought that was a road game...

Ari Chi3fs
09-16-2004, 01:57 AM
nope it was a home game... on Veterens Day, 1990 if I recall correctly.

Rukdafaidas
09-16-2004, 08:39 AM
I sure hope he got some counseling, because he sure needed it. I had him in two classes at MSSC. I thought he was going to punch one of the professors. The professor told a joke about Arkansas and he flipped out.
My best friend dated a girl who lived with Rod's girlfriend at the time. He used to beat the crap out of her.
It's funny, this friend is kind of linked to three current NFL players. He got to know Rod from the scenario above. His wife was best friends with James Thrash's wife, Amber, in High School. His wife also dated Grant Winstrom for several years and broke up with him his senior year at Nebraska (I guess she wasn't after money).
I've partied with James a couple of times and he's a nice guy. I haven't heard too many bad things about Grant. Except that her dog, a min pin, still runs with a limp, because Grant got pissed one night and kicked it.

ptlyon
09-16-2004, 08:47 AM
I wonder who/how got it going.

Heuy Lewis and the News did it when they sang the national anthem there once. The fans have done it ever since.

BigRedChief
09-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Opening Day baby. The NFC champs. Gotta be a fly over. Low 80's temp. Sunny. Bring it on.! :thumb:

InChiefsHell
09-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Heuy Lewis and the News did it when they sang the national anthem there once. The fans have done it ever since.
OMG....Huey Lewis and the News?? I may never think of that "Chieeeeefs" thing the same again...:shake:

...in fact, I can't even picture them singing the National Anthem...that must have been a treat... :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
09-16-2004, 09:10 AM
OMG....Huey Lewis and the News?? I may never think of that "Chieeeeefs" thing the same again...:shake:

...in fact, I can't even picture them singing the National Anthem...that must have been a treat... :rolleyes:

I was there. We were shocked and awed. We were going coolllll. lets do that next game immediately after it happened.

Huey and the News were buddies with Montana thats why they were there.

Lightning Rod
09-16-2004, 10:22 AM

Home of the Chieeeeeeefs hadnt been originated yet. I wonder who/how got it going.

I believe former Chiefs running back Theotis Brown started it. He had some sort of heart thing that made him retire early so they threw him a bone and let him sing the anthem a couple of times.

I think he sang it “The land oh dah fweeee and da home of da CHIEFS!”

InChiefsHell
09-16-2004, 10:46 AM
I believe former Chiefs running back Theotis Brown started it. He had some sort of heart thing that made him retire early so they threw him a bone and let him sing the anthem a couple of times.

I think he sang it “The land oh dah fweeee and da home of da CHIEFS!”

I like that story better than Huey Louis and the Snooze...

When did Theotis Brown do this?

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2004, 11:49 AM
They probably would have had an easier time delivering it in the hospital.ROFL