PDA

View Full Version : Dems New Strategy: Claim Bush Will Reinstitute the Draft

RINGLEADER
09-15-2004, 08:40 PM
So sayeth John Edwards...

beavis
09-15-2004, 11:31 PM
This is new? I heard rumblings of this last Spring.

2bikemike
09-15-2004, 11:44 PM
This is new? I heard rumblings of this last Spring.

There are always rumblings of this. I heard the same thing in the 90's.

Donger
09-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the only "rumblings of reinstating the draft have been from Democrats. IIRC, the only backers of such a proposal before Congress are ALL Democrats.

If Edwards really said this (no offense, RL), their campaign is approaching meltdown.

Matt Helm
09-16-2004, 07:12 AM
In all honesty the draft might be good for the U.S. BUT, most services now have the numbers they need and recruiting quotas are down.

If there is a draft, it will be instituted by the president, whomever that may be.

Tell me, what is wrong with the draft?

Again I fall back to the old saying: America, love it or leave it!! Don't want to be drafted? Move now, avoid the lawyers fees!!

Warrior5
09-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Have a link for Edwards saying this?

Not doubting your word, but I find this hard to believe, since high profile Dems like Rangel have been harping for years now that a draft is needed.

Cochise
09-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Wow, John Edwards ends his disappearance by spouting this kind of BS?

Must be panic time.

Radar Chief
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Tell me, what is wrong with the draft?

Well, the volunteers and the military all seem to like the fact that itís an all volunteer military. Why fugg with that?

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
THIS IS THE FINAL NAIL IN KERRY'S COFFIN!!!!

Matt Helm
09-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Well, the volunteers and the military all seem to like the fact that itís an all volunteer military. Why fugg with that?

I under stand what you are saying, but I also know that the military gives alot of people the opportunity to change their lifestyle. There were many military draftees that succeeded in life after their two year hitch. There is a stability that you get with the knowledge that you will have three square meals a day, a bed to sleep on and a paycheck twice a month. It helps develop a pattern of responsibility for some.

The all volunteer military is a good thing, it means that if you are there you want to be there. Many draftees came from broken homes and were helped. Many came from the slums of NY, Chicago, LA and the like, they too were helped. My opinion is that the military might be better than welfare, but who am I to judge.

Too bad we can't pick and choose who would get drafted....that could be fun!!