PDA

View Full Version : TE released, S signed

Hydrae
09-16-2004, 02:54 PM
to the practice squad.

Chiefs | Connot Signed to Practice Squad - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:01:05 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced the signing of S Scott Connot to their practice squad.

Chiefs | Golliday Released from Practice Squad - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:00:47 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have released TE Aaron Golliday from the practice squad.

HolmeZz
09-16-2004, 03:04 PM
The season has been saved.

Rick
09-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Thank God it's not a corner, MLB, DE or wide receiver. We need another F$#!'n safety.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2004, 03:18 PM
vermeil is prolly doing that same goofy @ss thing where he rotates his pet players to give them a job.

he's not trying to actually improve the team, so i guess it doesn't matter.

Rain Man
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
I was concerned at first that we had released Gonzalez.

2bikemike
09-16-2004, 03:47 PM
vermeil is prolly doing that same goofy @ss thing where he rotates his pet players to give them a job.

he's not trying to actually improve the team, so i guess it doesn't matter.

I wondered what the hell they were doing. I would like to see some needs addressed. I can't figure out the PS merry go round.

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 04:10 PM
They sign Poppinga so they no longer needed Golliday. They're populating the PS with guys that may have to play if we're not more lucky with injuries.

vckcchiefs04
09-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Not to worry.... it's all part of the plan................ what the hell that is who knows!!

Mr. Laz
09-16-2004, 04:46 PM
They sign Poppinga so they no longer needed Golliday. They're populating the PS with guys that may have to play if we're not more lucky with injuries.

so you think Poppinga who hasn't been here and doesn't know the offense is more prepared to play in case of injury?

this would go against Vermeil's philosophy of keeping and improving players instead of getting some other team's player.

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 05:03 PM
so you think Poppinga who hasn't been here and doesn't know the offense is more prepared to play in case of injury?

this would go against Vermeil's philosophy of keeping and improving players instead of getting some other team's player.

Poppinga has more NFL experience than Golliday, albeit limited. They were looking at Jed Weaver, which tells me they at least want someone who can play in an emergency.

As for Vermeil's philosophy of keeping and improving players, this is the PS. Everyboyd you sign to the PS is there to be "improved".

I think Vermeil's proven that his "loyalty" only applies to guys on the 53-man. His management of the PS is schizo.